Requesting help finding laptop parts (Thanks for your help)

A place for general discussions about anything and everything.

Requesting help finding laptop parts (Thanks for your help)

Postby BlueLight » Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:56 am

So i have a Gateway P-7805u FX.
This at the time it was bought was up there with alienware computers but way cheaper.
It's been about 3 years since I got this computer and well... to be frank it looks like crap after dropping it 10+ times.

So here's the deal. I want to get this fixed for under 300$ and it shall cost me 150$ roughly for time alone.

We here's the request. I am personally trying to find parts to make this as cheep as i can and it's not going really well. Anyways i would like some help searching places for this laptop or parts.

What i need in Computer tech speak. (or at least what i remember)
New palm bored.
new silicone?(Ya um this might be wrong)
Hinges Cover.
fans(might need)

What i think i need.
palm bored!
Hinges Cover.
Bottom casing.
maybe CD drive.
fans.
LCD screen (Just 10 pixels are gone which in the grant scheme of things isn't much)

And really thats all i can remember.
Now while yes i am trying to save a buck where ever i can i would much rather but another complete computer and either replace my parts like hard drive as the shell or strip it down so long as it's 300$ or less. But even so i'm not sure i want to buy or even can buy a 300$ computer. I did find it on Ebay though for about as much as i'm willing to pay.

I've check Ebay and the prices are about the same as the shop guys said for parts that i saw.

Does anyone know any websites that might help me in my search?
Last edited by BlueLight on Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BlueLight
Gangs n' Whores Developer

Re: Requesting help finding laptop parts

Postby suki888 » Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:21 am

dropping it 10x? poor laptop :(
suki888

Postby BlueLight » Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:27 am

More than a few of those were because of a cord.
BlueLight

Postby haloman » Thu Jan 19, 2012 4:02 am

BlueLight Wrote:More than a few of those were because of a cord.

I know how you feel man, ive dropped my Eee laptop more than a few times... fucking charger gets caught on everything. ive broken at least... 5 chargers. around 20$ each. Saving up for a new laptop myself. as for the parts your looking for, depends on where in the US you are for certain deals on certain parts.
Finishing the fight... one Confetti blast headshot at a time
haloman

Postby BreathofFire » Thu Jan 19, 2012 4:36 am

My friend goes to a site and gets parts really cheep i will ask him for you that or i can ask another friend to give me were he gets good comps for cheep because he gets some amazing tech cheep very cheep some times.

though first guy is really lazy no idea when he will get back to me second guy i talk to at least once a day some times or every other.

yes this is my design
BreathofFire

Location: 221B Baker Street (elementary my dear) * i hope you get the refernce if you don't i might be sad ;3;

Postby BlueLight » Thu Jan 19, 2012 4:55 am

So this laptops wight is nearly 10lb so when it hits the ground it hits the ground.
I think i've completely ruined the head phone jacks for it by standing or ripping them out so many times. (I'm a wireless boy!/USB) and i've dropped my computer a few times that way.
I've also replaced my power cored but only after 2 and half years of use and abuse. I have my new one though. It can't reach anywhere compared to my old one.
This was my first laptop and considering some of these falls weren't totally my fault i'm quite happy.

I am very happy with this laptop and do plan to buy from GateWay again. The only problem i had was Vista and some odd bits about 64Bit but none of these are Gate ways fault.
Stupid microsoft.

EDIT

Thanks Breath of Fire.
I wish the market for replacement parts wasn't so focused at Desktops but their isn't much i can do about that and the fact is it makes sense.
For the hell of it i'm starting to do more general searches with Google. I think i'm doing "Replacement Laptop parts" and seeing what i get. I also need to check craigslist.org/ to see if it's done black walling it self.
Stupid me! i should of click the button thing. Ya anys checking there for parts.
BlueLight

Postby BreathofFire » Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:23 pm

nothing yet my other friend said he couldn't as he usually doesn't work with those parts but i will tell you once my lazy one talks to me

yes this is my design
BreathofFire

Location: 221B Baker Street (elementary my dear) * i hope you get the refernce if you don't i might be sad ;3;

Postby BlueLight » Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:50 am

I'm not shocked. Laptops are hard to repair since you have to make sure you get the right part.
Desktop you just get a 5$ or 15$ fan and figure out where the best place to mount it is.
BlueLight

Postby BreathofFire » Mon Jan 23, 2012 7:50 pm

My other friend sent the site here
Newegg.com

not sure if it will help but this guy makes his own computers a lot so it's sure to have something you may need.

yes this is my design
BreathofFire

Postby BlueLight » Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:06 pm

Never thought to check new egg for Laptop parts.

EDIT.
Thanks but i don't think they have what i need.

I'm just going to save up and turn in the laptop. I sure i'd lose more money than i would gain by buy my own parts.
BlueLight

Return to General