So this is the end.....

A place for general discussions about anything and everything.

So this is the end.....

Postby fould12 » Sat Oct 08, 2011 1:24 am

Area 52 was probably the last hope for the LOK project, and now they have shut down...... I guess now all I have to look forward to is the Mario is missing project.
fould12

Re: So this is the end.....

Postby Thaedael » Sat Oct 08, 2011 1:35 am

Doom saying accomplishes nothing. Ren's team is still working behind closed doors. Not to mention all the other games in development.
Thaedael

Postby Zaraki » Sat Oct 08, 2011 6:38 am

So this is the end? From all the life on these forums I would most argue it is just the beginning.
"It has the form but not the spirit.But if something has the spirit, it is sacred enough."

"As long As I am still in the fight physically, mentally, and emotionally, I can never lose."
Zaraki

Postby Renara » Sat Oct 08, 2011 9:43 pm

Definitely not the end! Just lots more waiting, I'm still determined to see it finished, I'm just not very quick and am constantly diverted or otherwise delayed, but never less determined to get it done!
Adobe have actually been doing a decent effort at competing with Flash, no idea if it'll ever really take off for apps and games, but the improvements still mean it's an exciting time to be working with Flash web-sites, games, and animations :)
Renara (team twitter | newgrounds)
Team Lead Programmer
Lok Team Member
Site Administrator
Renara
Foxy Admin

Postby $orienta » Sun Oct 09, 2011 6:47 am

I do sorta believe Ren's team is still working on the LOK project, but I'd be nice to see a demo. Nothing big or anything, just maybe a small demo?
I will BLOW YOU FUCKING HEAD OFF
$orienta
Newly Registered

Postby SFFan » Sun Oct 09, 2011 7:12 am

when i seen the title of this thread the first thing that came to my mind was someone was posting a suicide note here b4 killing themself :shock:
SFFan

Postby Renara » Sun Oct 09, 2011 11:58 am

SFFan Wrote:when i seen the title of this thread the first thing that came to my mind was someone was posting a suicide note here b4 killing themself :shock:

LoK is serious business :P

$orienta Wrote:[It'd] be nice to see a demo

It'd be nice to offer one! But at this stage I don't really want to offer a demo until we've got something really good to show, like a nearly complete set of graphics (not easy due to changes in artists, but we now have Eggplants toiling away on this front!).
I do still want to get some physics and game-play demos done at some point to get feedback and testing on those, they'd be with LoK v0.2 or terrible placeholder graphics though, but I'm hesitant to give an ETA even for those.

Ultimately, the project has been massively delayed for so long, that I'm not keen on releasing snippets that falsely build up expectations, unless I'm eager for feedback on something. Hopefully the community is a fun enough place for people without such things, and we've got the mailing list for anyone that just wants to be told without having to check the forums all the time. It'll get there, just no idea when!
Team Lead Programmer
Lok Team Member
Site Administrator
Renara
Foxy Admin

Postby trunks2585 » Sun Oct 09, 2011 11:07 pm

You know Ren, sometimes you make it really difficult for me to keep my mouth shut.

I just hope you realize how much faith you are asking everyone to have in you by this point, with this project coming up on 2 years now without a single stitch of progress from you.
Team Asshole
Team Story Writer

Resident Asshole
trunks2585

Postby $orienta » Mon Oct 10, 2011 2:16 am

I agree with Jay_Steppe, we I think we need at least a little sex scene or so.
I mean it doesn't have to be perfect or anything. If you posted a demo it's not like we'd expect anything big given that it's a demo.
$orienta
Newly Registered

Postby Fenrakk101 » Mon Oct 10, 2011 4:22 am

I think it's kinda funny, Renara is always nice and everyone is always so tentative to ask for something small, making sure they word everything so carefully
Avatar is a screenshot from Corta's Platformer.

If you know the series this is from or the artist for this pic, please tell me - I must know!
Fenrakk101

Postby bed_intruder » Mon Oct 10, 2011 4:40 am

@Fenrakk101 I'd imagine it's because him and Eggplants (I think just them?) are the only ones still working on a project continuing the LoK story. That and like Trunks said, it's been a two year project for Renara's team and there's been nothing like a simple picture or scene to show what it will turn out like. So everyone's asking for something that would at least convince people they are actually getting anything done. I'm sure they are, but it's kinda hard to believe for many when they don't show anything.

Anyway, Katsu said something about a plan B, which could be pretty much anything, so we'll just have to wait and see.
bed_intruder

Postby $orienta » Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:26 am

I forgot that it's only Renara and Eggplants working on it. I mean there were other people working on it before, but they haven't been around in quite awhile.
$orienta
Newly Registered

Postby trunks2585 » Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:58 am

Even when I was on the team, Ren never showed us anything, so anyone that use to be on the team is even more likely to call BS on Ren. Last time I got bitchy with him he flat out admitted he had nothing. So really I think it just blows my mind how he can have so little done, he KNOWS he gets sidetracked, procrastinates, and gets delayed. He KNOWS nothing will be done anytime soon. And yet he's still trying to convince us and himself that he can make this game with Eggplant's help.

Eggplants I believe is working though, he actually has shown us work, we saw his Krystal model (dunno if he's tweaked it any since we last saw it) and there's that poll on dick styles to give the lizards.
Team Asshole
Team Story Writer

Resident Asshole
trunks2585

Postby Renara » Mon Oct 10, 2011 12:06 pm

trunks2585 Wrote:Last time I got bitchy with him he flat out admitted he had nothing.

And when would this mythical event have been? I don't have nothing; I just don't have anything suitable for people to play around with, which is why there would be no point in making a demo of it. The various different incarnations of the team have released loads of little bits of artwork, and so did Area52 even more so, and none of it amounted to anything.

This is why I've decided to try and cut all teaser type material, as I don't want to keep getting people's hopes up falsely, so all I'm going to do is assure everyone that I'm still as interested in the project as ever, and that work is being done on it, and I'm leaving it at that. I fully understand that that's not enough for some people, but it's the way it's going to be, and as ever people are welcome to embark on their own efforts, I'll even set them up with a space of their own if it gains enough momentum. It's a shame Area52's attempt seems to have fizzled out, but that only highlights how difficult it can be.

As I've said, hopefully the community is a fun place to be regardless, with more than enough creative endeavours for people to work on and enjoy, but if not, there's a mailing list, and either way I'm happy to keep working on it. If people lose faith in me with all the waiting then that's understandable, but it doesn't really affect my desire to finish, and I'm sure those people will be just as happy to play the game as everyone else when it does get finished :)
Team Lead Programmer
Lok Team Member
Site Administrator
Renara
Foxy Admin

Postby Fenrakk101 » Mon Oct 10, 2011 5:33 pm

Renara Wrote:I fully understand that that's not enough for some people, but it's the way it's going to be

I support you. It'd be much more exciting to have a huge update full of surprises than for us to know everything about it before it's released. This isn't Minecraft, after all

If you know the series this is from or the artist for this pic, please tell me - I must know!
Fenrakk101

Postby trunks2585 » Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:39 pm

Renara Wrote:
trunks2585 Wrote:Last time I got bitchy with him he flat out admitted he had nothing.

And when would this mythical event have been?

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1357&p=27099#p27190 Right there. If you want to be technically then yes you never said you didn't have anything done, but you didn't try very hard to deny it either. And you also said you'd show something like a teaser or a demo in that post, now you're saying you're not even sure you want to do that, which comes off as yet another excuse to hide and do fuck only knows what because you sure aren't telling us anything. Just post the raw fucking code as proof you've done something, I don't give a shit that it'd just be lines of code that is gibberish to most people, it's some form of proof that you're not just bullshitting everyone, and we have enough other game makers on the forum that could look at it and confirm it's actual code and not something you hammered out in an hour or two, to appease the masses.

Also just by posting on here and saying you are working on something is getting people's hopes up. If you really don't want to get anyone's hopes up, don't say ANYTHING about the game, not even that it's being worked on, because people will cling to that, since it's about all they have to go off of. Don't respond to these threads when they pop up, just remain active on the forum in some way so we know you didn't disappear again.
Team Asshole
Team Story Writer

Resident Asshole
trunks2585

Postby Renara » Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:19 pm

trunks2585 Wrote:If you really don't want to get anyone's hopes up, don't say ANYTHING about the game

What game?
Team Lead Programmer
Lok Team Member
Site Administrator
Renara
Foxy Admin

Postby Fenrakk101 » Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:33 pm

Is it even possible for one of you to win this argument? This seems like the type of fight where neither of you will move from your point of view, through either correctness or stubbornness, so you may as well both just give up and let life continue. kthxbai

Fenrakk101

Postby trunks2585 » Tue Oct 11, 2011 2:49 am

Renara Wrote:
trunks2585 Wrote:If you really don't want to get anyone's hopes up, don't say ANYTHING about the game

What game?

Now it seems we're on the same page.
Team Asshole
Team Story Writer

Resident Asshole
trunks2585

Postby Zaraki » Tue Oct 11, 2011 3:51 am

I grow most tried of the arguing from forum members that should be setting an example for others, yet I can see what trunks is saying as we really have nothing to go about beyond Eggplants' impressive work. Still if help is needed to help finish the project, Ren could always ask for on here. There's people who hold the talent to ingite the spark once again I am most sure of that.
"It has the form but not the spirit.But if something has the spirit, it is sacred enough."

"As long As I am still in the fight physically, mentally, and emotionally, I can never lose."
Zaraki

Next

Return to General