what did YOU learn today?

A place for general discussions about anything and everything.

Re: what did YOU learn today?

Postby Mr D » Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:50 pm

yea_well_FUCK_YOU Wrote:I believe (if I remember correctly, probably not though my memory fails) that the only lasers we had were not really effective as weapons, although they were quite effective for fucking up the electrical systems, as well as for damaging stationary targets.

Well about the lazer. I was thinking about the MTHEL and the YAL-1 (just google it or youtube). As it stands now they are more of an defense against missiles but I think that they could take out an airplane from what I saw.
1 game (oh I mean story slideshow -_-) and 5 flash loop FINISHED...fuck yea
My mini flashes link : http://legendofkrystal.com/forum/viewto ... f=7&t=1972
Also I am working on a project right now.But remember, it's a secret to everybody >:D
Mr D

Postby BlueLight » Tue Oct 11, 2011 2:24 am

Boeing has a military contract the build a laser for the use of destroying in coming missiles.
Right now what are they testing it on you ask? Missiles and they aren't aint cheap!
It really depends on your qualification of weapon since there are lasers that they basically use 1% of the full power and they could easily destroy a tank and/or kill anyone inside
BlueLight
Gangs n' Whores Developer

Postby Thaedael » Tue Oct 11, 2011 6:38 am

I learned today that this forum is becoming infested with my little pony macros across all the threads, and are not staying in the image thread where they belong

On my on-going attempt to getting into a different program I learned that the average starting salary for people in the related field of studies I am in is at about 60K a year.
Thaedael

Postby Zaraki » Tue Oct 11, 2011 8:04 pm

I learned today my spinning back kick needs work. I just got owned by one of my own students in class today when I was teaching them the proper angle to launch a back kick of any kind.
"It has the form but not the spirit.But if something has the spirit, it is sacred enough."

"As long As I am still in the fight physically, mentally, and emotionally, I can never lose."
Zaraki

Postby bed_intruder » Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:22 pm

@Thaedael Are they really? I've never noticed them outside of the ones that I post on this board and mainly the image war thread. The only time I've seen them posted elsewhere was last night in that one thread, but that got deleted.
bed_intruder

Postby Gorbaz » Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:48 pm

Yesterday, I learned that I don't learn something new every day. And confirmed it today.
One way, or another, I'm going to find you, I'll get you, I'll get you!
Gorbaz

Postby Thaedael » Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:57 pm

@ Bed_Intruder
Today you will learn a bit about my job. On average there are about 20~25 images posted as responses to threads, usually quoting off-topic dialogue from another member and a one image response that adds nothing to the conversation of the topic at hand. They are usually in the roleplaying section, however since I am back to being a full time student and working again, I am unable to skim through every post of every thread to weed them out.

Today I learned that my final assignment for one class is to take a stance on something I hate, anything at all, and argue about why I hate it, my opponent will have a topic he hates, and that he will argue why he hates it. I will have to defend what he hates, he has to defend what I hate. This will go on between 90 different students until 4 are chosen as the top four, whom will get an 4.0, the rest will get a 2.0.
Thaedael

Postby banana » Wed Oct 12, 2011 1:17 am

I would pick that grading system as something to hate. Is the 5th place speaker only half as effective in debate as the four above him, as chosen by some arbitrator? Should they not be graded upon the merit of their arguments, regardless of how well their peers do?

Or if you want to win, pick something awful like child molesters or sectarian violence as something to hate, and watch people try to defend those things without looking like monsters - I'll bet most of them will resort to the straw man fallacy.
banana

Postby Thaedael » Wed Oct 12, 2011 1:47 am

Has to do with the subject material itself, which is very broad yet specific at the same time dealing with zoning laws, zoning by-laws, regulations, etc. etc.
Thaedael

Postby Gorbaz » Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:29 am

Today, I learned something that I could have learned several days ago, had I read a magazine more thoroughly - that too much alcohol can damage your immune system. And, by 'too much', I mean about 5 alcoholic drinks a day, every day, for a week
One way, or another, I'm going to find you, I'll get you, I'll get you!
Gorbaz

Previous

Return to General