What is Your Favorite Anime

A place for general discussions about anything and everything.

Re: What is Your Favorite Anime

Postby Blackwing » Tue Sep 06, 2011 1:07 am

BlueLight Wrote:Black wing about half those i know and for the most part i enjoy all of them.
Lets um... So i know a new movie is or has come out for Trigun. I think the sub is released but is the dub version from funimation out yet on DVD?

Does Galaxy Railways have anything after it? second series or movies?

Anything of late that is badass and sci-fi? I'm a sucker for mech shows for some reason not that i think their great. Ghost in a shell was great from my point of view.

mmm about trigun Badlands Rumble DvD im not sure cuz i watch all in japanesse with very a few exeptions, about recomendations maybe Yukikaze(aircraft anime), or have u ever seen Banners of the Stars and Crest of the Stars ima huge fan of battleships and those r great sci-fi animes about star fleets; also eureka 7 is a decent anime with a great soundtrack but its more a drama/romance anime than mecha sci-fi.
I Dont stop when Im Tired
I stop when Im Done !!!
Blackwing

Postby Zaraki » Tue Sep 06, 2011 6:19 am

same... how ever i keep seeming to find love drama manga for some reason... How ever in my own defense i read skip beat because i find it interesting concept in general...
just 10 other manga i need a reason reading.[/quote]
Is Drama manga your favorite? I don't really have a favorite so to speak, but I love digimon to death, and have been following Kinikuman/Kinikuman nisei(Ultimate muscle) alot lately. good stuff.
"It has the form but not the spirit.But if something has the spirit, it is sacred enough."

"As long As I am still in the fight physically, mentally, and emotionally, I can never lose."
Zaraki

Postby dndman997 » Tue Sep 06, 2011 6:21 am

i like digimon up to a certain point. which is the first generation and second generation digi-destined
dndman997

Postby Zaraki » Tue Sep 06, 2011 6:34 am

dndman997 Wrote:i like digimon up to a certain point. which is the first generation and second generation digi-destined

Your Probably not a digimon fan then. Tamers was hands down the best season. Haven't seen any other huge digizoners on here, so perhaps i can claim that title as my own.I roleplay and do custom flashgames and hentai work of my own accord, but only for digimon. otherwise I only do others on request.
"It has the form but not the spirit.But if something has the spirit, it is sacred enough."

"As long As I am still in the fight physically, mentally, and emotionally, I can never lose."
Zaraki

Postby dndman997 » Tue Sep 06, 2011 6:38 am

interesting though i do have a DS game thats of digimon tamers or something like it just never watched it
dndman997

Postby Zaraki » Tue Sep 06, 2011 6:53 am

Hm never played a DS version so beats me. You should check it out. You can watch the whole series on youtube for free, even in HD, 51 episodes in all. watch 4 a night, you'll finish it in two weeks. Might I mention thats where Renamon came from.

Zaraki

Postby dndman997 » Tue Sep 06, 2011 6:57 am

yeah i know where renamon came from :P the game im talking about is digimon world DS theres 3 different versions of it too
dndman997

Postby Zaraki » Tue Sep 06, 2011 7:05 am

dndman997 Wrote:yeah i know where renamon came from :P the game im talking about is digimon world DS theres 3 different versions of it too

Oh so thats what it's called? well I might just go play it then . And since you know that now you know why you need to watch that third season. Renamon is awesome sauce.

Zaraki

Postby dndman997 » Tue Sep 06, 2011 7:08 am

dont know much about renamon :P im more of an angewomon and gatomon fan
dndman997

Postby BlueLight » Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:38 am

Zaraki Wrote:
bluelight Wrote:same... how ever i keep seeming to find love drama manga for some reason... How ever in my own defense i read skip beat because i find it interesting concept in general...
just 10 other manga i need a reason reading.

Is Drama manga your favorite? I don't really have a favorite so to speak, but I love digimon to death, and have been following Kinikuman/Kinikuman nisei(Ultimate muscle) alot lately. good stuff.

I think what happens is the manga's with love dramas are the ones who have the best description and it's about the only type of anime you don't see or watch. I think i watched 5 minutes of peach girl and puked. No clue if it was subbed or dubbed but it's boring as hell even though it contains some of the same content as in these manga's i read.

I'm just strange. I do read Bleach just to see how bad it is... okay i lie the real reason is because i want to know how much worse it going to get.
I nearly read half of hellsing. I stopped for some reason and never picked it up again. Good manga.

I'l randomly pick up a title and read it until i get to the end of whats out there. I think monster princess was one. Good manga but it was rarely getting updated. Same with skipbeat which i think for chapter 178 took month. next chapter was going to take 2 weeks i believe. I basically stopped reading it since i've read every chapter and they aren't releasing many chapters.

Anyways here are my legal stream sites i go to. You aint getting my illegal list :P

Hulu (For nearlly all funimation publicly released shows and other company)
Funimation.com (Funimation and what they can stream from other people.)
Youtube (Funimation and other people but the selection is great with other people part. Also it seems shows here are add free or at least Air Gear was last night)
CrunchyRoll(Less funimation and more everything else. Most likely the biggest selcetion but I stopped going since they weren't uploading any good shows for about month.They're likely the first to get a mech show.)
Maybe i should watch

Dark thanks for the list and i will check my sources for them. I'm likely going to download the battleship one if i can find it. It sounds cool. How ever i feel the dub with that kinda show might ruin it so i'll have to find a stream to see which is greater sub or dub.

Some stuff is good sub or isn't.
Trigun is one i can't stand sub.
Slayers season 4 and 5 had a great sub but i love the dub's to much .
BlueLight
Gangs n' Whores Developer

Postby demise23 » Wed Sep 07, 2011 4:16 am

Yu-Gi-Oh, and Pokemon. Although I do also enjoy One Piece.
Yes, This is Gorz, the Emissary of Darkness. So what if I play Yu-Gi-Oh? At least I don't smoke, do drugs, drink, or break the law!
demise23

Postby BlueLight » Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:53 am

One piece is great. I like the redub. (funimation got the old voice actors and redid or are redoing it) but i have to say the sub is great because you really get the playfulness of Luffy.
Same thing with slayers season 4 and 5. You really hear the laud mouthy ness of Lina. To bad they only used dragon slave(or was it Slay?) once or twice in both season.
BlueLight

Postby Renara » Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:00 am

My favourite would have to be Black Lagoon, after that… Darker Than Black comes very close, and I really enjoyed Ghost in the Shell. I enjoyed the original series of Hellsing as well, until the last third at least, however the new Hellsing: Ultimate OVA's are just horrible; much better animation and action-sequences, but with continual jarring bouts of entirely unrelated humour that isn't even funny. Whoops, mini-rant, but yeah, those are my top four I think.
Renara (team twitter | newgrounds)
Team Lead Programmer
Lok Team Member
Site Administrator
Renara
Foxy Admin

Postby BlueLight » Wed Sep 07, 2011 1:04 pm

Renara Wrote: Hellsing: Ultimate OVA's are just horrible; much better animation and action-sequences, but with continual jarring bouts of entirely unrelated humour that isn't even funny.

Understandable. Overall i like the OVA better but they could've skipped the humor and some scenes if they weren't following the manga. From what i've seen and heard they basically follow the manga word for word so thats part of the reason for some of the stuff.

From what i remember of the hellsing and hellsign OVA the OVA while moving around a lot from character to character is more detailed plot.

Now if you don't mind i'm going to bed. It's 5 AM my time.
BlueLight

Postby dndman997 » Mon Sep 12, 2011 12:53 am

the OVA series of hellsing follows the original manga storyline
dndman997

Postby BlueLight » Mon Sep 12, 2011 4:35 am

I said that.
BlueLight

Postby BlueLight » Mon Sep 12, 2011 5:35 am

Is angel beat any good. Damn Americans gave me the English name.
http://www.youtube.com/user/animenetwor ... P4qjv0L33Q

I think i saw 5 minutes of this when it first was airing subbed. Looked good. never could find it again.
It's nice to voice from some one other than funimation actors.

The opening of this reminds me of the start of a wierd anime (soul killer or eater.)

http://www.youtube.com/user/animenetwor ... _vfTtXLDBQ
BlueLight

Postby funkybabeone » Wed Sep 21, 2011 7:03 am

Favorite Anime

Dragon Ball Z
Flame Of Recca
Naruto
Ninku
One Piece
BeyBlade
The most famous show with great quality californication stream, full criminal minds episodes and Stargate Episode Guide.
funkybabeone
Newly Registered

Postby Thaedael » Wed Sep 21, 2011 6:37 pm

Hard choice;
-Last Exile
-Basilisk
-Bitter Virgin
-20th/21st Century Boys

I am sure I am forgetting others I love.
Thaedael

Postby fould12 » Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:40 am

I like some anime, but most I don't because of all the raping.
fould12

PreviousNext

Return to General