What is Your Favorite Anime

A place for general discussions about anything and everything.

What is Your Favorite Anime

Postby dndman997 » Sat Sep 03, 2011 6:23 am

Hi, just sitting here bored as hell so i thought i would start a thread asking what is everyones favorite overall Anime here are my top 5

1: Vandread
2: Hellsing Ultimate
3: Outlaw Star
4: Gundam Wing
5: this one is tied between G-Gundam and Digimon :P
dndman997

Re: What is Your Favorite Anime

Postby Zaraki » Sat Sep 03, 2011 5:57 pm

Kinikuman,Ultimate Muscle,Digimon(Tamers),and Eyeshield are my Favorites. but quite honestly I enjoy the whole genre as a whole being from Japan.
"It has the form but not the spirit.But if something has the spirit, it is sacred enough."

"As long As I am still in the fight physically, mentally, and emotionally, I can never lose."
Zaraki

Postby BlueLight » Sat Sep 03, 2011 9:16 pm

dndman997 Wrote:Hi, just sitting here bored as hell so i thought i would start a thread asking what is everyones favorite overall Anime here are my top 5

1: Vandread
2: Hellsing Ultimate
3: Outlaw Star
4: Gundam Wing
5: this one is tied between G-Gundam and Digimon :P

Vandread is eh. The only thing i like it for is the mechs.
Hellsign is great. Diss this and your dog shit.
Outlaw never got past the first episode so can't say anything good or bad about it. More of a cowboy Beep bop my self.
Never could get in to Gundam
Digimon and pokemon were never high on my list

Slayers (I forgot about this... nothing is stranger or more epic as Slayers or Slayers next.)
1 Hellsign OVA (Ultimate)
2 Trigun
3 Hellsign
4 Orarn host club
5 The Galaxy Railways ( Great anime. )
6 Guyver (24ep episode one. No clue if its OVA. I think the orginal was the OVA.)
7 Mushi-Shi
8 initial D (season First stage, Second stage, Fourth stage. Movie Third stage.
9 Jyu-Oh-Sei ( haven't seen it in a year or two but it so i might have changed that status.
10 One Piece
11 FLCL(Strangest load of crap i've seen. I like)
12 Guyver (14ep)
13 Phantom ( Nice and dark... EH spider.)
14 Pumpkin Scissors (If i remember right a bit depressing. it a few years after war i believe ww1 and Germany is trying to rebuild. However that has nothing really to do with the anine. Just the setting.)
15 Rainbow (If this isn't drama i don't know what is. This is dark and realistic. I think everyone should watch a episode at least once to know what a good anime looks like in this day and age)
16 Naruto (Combats cool. Can't stand dub. Other than that i would skip. Sorta dropped it)
17 Bleach (Combat a little cool but story complete crap and well it should've ended with when ichigo lost his power. Sorta stopped watching)
18 STRAIN: Strategic Armored Infantry (eh... mechs)
19 [C] - CONTROL (cool but not great
20 Peacemaker (It was okay)
21 Kiddy Grade (Watched about once and it was okay. Not sure what i would call it. Not likely to watch again.)
22 Kaze No Stigma (it's okay. Wasn't great but a nice watch.)

Most of the anime here are Funimation anime and since i watch alot of there stuff good or bad and since i can find the names easy. How ever the names of stuff i remember i added about where i thought it was to every thing else. Yes i did watch alot of anime in my youth. I think spanning last 5 years but as of late i haven't watched anything. I think i stopped really watching anime about the start of the year. I know before july.
BlueLight
Gangs n' Whores Developer

Postby Activeagressive » Sat Sep 03, 2011 10:05 pm

Well I haven't been watching anime lately but my favorites would probably be, in no particular order,
Naruto
Bleach
Gundam Wing
Zoids
Shaman King
Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex
... well I can't think of anything funny/interesting/insightful to put here so I'll just leave it blank...
Activeagressive

Postby dndman997 » Sun Sep 04, 2011 12:30 am

id like to add 4 more to my list but im not sure if two of them count seeing as they are abridged series and thats yugioh. and yugioh the abridged series. and dragonball z and dragonball z abridged
dndman997

Postby BlueLight » Sun Sep 04, 2011 12:48 am

Activeagressive Wrote:Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex

Fuxking batch cap....
I completely forgot about Ghost in the shell animes.

Still need to watch the movie. I've seen bits and pieces but not the full thing.
BlueLight

Postby dndman997 » Sun Sep 04, 2011 1:24 am

ive seen one of the movies. and dont forget Appleseed which seems to be a long sequel to Ghost in the Shell the tech on there seems the same
dndman997

Postby BlueLight » Sun Sep 04, 2011 1:59 am

dndman997 Wrote:ive seen one of the movies. and dont forget Appleseed which seems to be a long sequel to Ghost in the Shell the tech on there seems the same

Only know about 2 series Stand alone complex and i forget the other.Then i know of 1 movie but i don't remember the name. I know it's not apple seed.
BlueLight

Postby dndman997 » Sun Sep 04, 2011 2:16 am

its the mech suits from appleseed that leads me to believe that they could be linked together
dndman997

Postby Blackwing » Sun Sep 04, 2011 4:20 am

Ah Megami-sama (this guy made me start drawing and keep me tryng to aquire his style to the present day)
Macross (all the sagas: plus-7-robotech-one-frontier)
Gundam (all UC specially 08Ms Team, and some of the news like seed/destiny and OO...def not wing that is the worst gundam series ever made)
Magic Knight Rayearth movies and X tv (the best works from CLAMP Chobbits is nice too)
Ruronin Kenshin
BECK
Detroit Metal City
Hajime no Ippo
Seirei no moribito
Digi charat
Bakuhatsu tenshin Dokuro chan
Spice and Wolf
Lucky star
Mitsudomoe
Ikki Tousen Dragon destiny and Extreme executtor

thats some of my fav anime; i worked on an anime store for 8 years so i almost watched all of it till 2010 :roll: hit me if u want a rexcomendation XP
I Dont stop when Im Tired
I stop when Im Done !!!
Blackwing

Postby dndman997 » Sun Sep 04, 2011 4:28 am

i usually stick with toonami classics :P
dndman997

Postby BlueLight » Sun Sep 04, 2011 5:53 am

Black wing about half those i know and for the most part i enjoy all of them.
Lets um... So i know a new movie is or has come out for Trigun. I think the sub is released but is the dub version from funimation out yet on DVD?

Does Galaxy Railways have anything after it? second series or movies?

Anything of late that is badass and sci-fi? I'm a sucker for mech shows for some reason not that i think their great. Ghost in a shell was great from my point of view.
BlueLight

Postby Zaraki » Sun Sep 04, 2011 7:16 pm

dndman997 Wrote:id like to add 4 more to my list but im not sure if two of them count seeing as they are abridged series and thats yugioh. and yugioh the abridged series. and dragonball z and dragonball z abridged

Well yugioh! was quite abriged, but Dragonball wasn't abriged if you are refering to the american version. the only thing that was the title being spilt into DB/DBZ. then of course the DBGT anime followed on it's own.
"It has the form but not the spirit.But if something has the spirit, it is sacred enough."

"As long As I am still in the fight physically, mentally, and emotionally, I can never lose."
Zaraki

Postby BlueLight » Sun Sep 04, 2011 10:46 pm

He's talking about parody of the animes.
BlueLight

Postby Zaraki » Mon Sep 05, 2011 4:17 am

BlueLight Wrote:He's talking about parody of the animes.

Oh I did miss that didn't I? and to answer your above question,Innocent Venus, DemonBane, BALDR FORCE EXE, VanDread 1st&2nd, Eureka Seven, Blue Gender, Soukou No Strain are some great shows. Theres also Escaflowne,The Gunbuster and Diebuster movies, Gurren Lagann, Gundam 00. theres quite a few actually. Not sure how many of these are dubbed though. I don't really keep up with what gets translated over from Japan anymore.

Zaraki

Postby BlueLight » Mon Sep 05, 2011 7:27 am

Zaraki Wrote:
BlueLight Wrote:He's talking about parody of the animes.

Oh I did miss that didn't I? and to answer your above question,Innocent Venus, DemonBane, BALDR FORCE EXE, VanDread 1st&2nd, Eureka Seven, Blue Gender, Soukou No Strain are some great shows. Theres also Escaflowne,The Gunbuster and Diebuster movies, Gurren Lagann, Gundam 00. theres quite a few actually. Not sure how many of these are dubbed though. I don't really keep up with what gets translated over from Japan anymore.

I watching a show subbed then dubbed or other way around some times.
Now to go down the list. First thing you have to remember is funimation was basically started up to sell anime to america... damn anime dealers. Anyways they released subber version from japan and if they can get the rights to them they will dub and release them.

Innocent Venus ? |never heard of it. Only hear of "Venus Versus Venus" Funimation: SUB|DUB
DemonBane |Never heard of it. Unknown: Unknown.
BALDR FORCE EXE | Watched it. It's based off a game that contained a sex scene that was removed in the PS release of the game. Funimation: Sub|dub
Vandread |Seen i think about over 10 episode. Funimation: Sub|Dub
Eureka Seven | heard of it never watched it. No clue where you can find a legal Unknown:Unknown
Blue Gender |world ends and freezer boy and space girl get coolly ooly. Funimation: Sub|Dub

Soukou No Strain | Unknown: unknown
Gurren Lagann That was a nice mech anime. Still need to finish it. Unknown: I think dubbed at least (Could be found at HULU.com)
Gundam I would think would be subbed for sure. Likely be dubbed to since it's seems popular and i can under stand that in a way.

Most funimation show are dubbed but it some times take them time. It seems the new trigun movie was basically Dubbed as soon as it was subbed since a week after i hear about i hear they are releasing a dubbed version. Funimation to combat piracy released their own flash player on there site and have some non funimation anime of there. You should take a look at the list. These shows can also be seen on hulu and youtube. Normally when they are uploaded hulu they just embed which kinda annoys me since i think hulus is a piece of crap when ever they do that.

Hulu has a nice selection of legal animes and if the anime is airing normally they'll do it episode per week.
Some animes like Bleach, Naruto, and OnePiece are a week behind release. OnePiece is 2 weeks behind but you can go to funimations official website for OnePiece to watch the latest episodes legally and on funimations video player.

... I did say i use to watch alot of anime didn't I?
BlueLight

Postby Zaraki » Mon Sep 05, 2011 6:17 pm

Yeah hope that can help you out. gundam 00,gurren lagann, eureka seven, and soukou no strain are the best ones out of what I mentioned,so look into those. I don't ususally use hulu/funimation over here so I can't really say if they are good/bad. And I don't don't blame you becuase I love anime alot myself, athough I have subjected myself to reading more manga lately.

Zaraki

Postby BlueLight » Mon Sep 05, 2011 11:25 pm

Zaraki Wrote:Yeah hope that can help you out. gundam 00,gurren lagann, eureka seven, and soukou no strain are the best ones out of what I mentioned,so look into those. I don't ususally use hulu/funimation over here so I can't really say if they are good/bad. And I don't don't blame you becuase I love anime alot myself, athough I have subjected myself to reading more manga lately.

same... how ever i keep seeming to find love drama manga for some reason... How ever in my own defense i read skip beat because i find it interesting concept in general...
just 10 other manga i need a reason reading.
BlueLight

Postby dndman997 » Mon Sep 05, 2011 11:37 pm

im behind on the hellsing manga and i think im also behind on the OVA series as well. not sure if the 5 and 6th are english dubbed yet
dndman997

Postby BlueLight » Mon Sep 05, 2011 11:51 pm

i watch them sub. Alucard and Miss hellsign are the only people worth really listening. the rest can bite me... wait um... ya i might turn in to a vampire if that happens.

I've seen all to 7 but i think 8 is the latest.
BlueLight

Next

Return to General