Image War; It never ends!

A place for general discussions about anything and everything.

Re: Image War; It never ends!

Postby AsianP3rsuas10n » Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:17 am

Oh cool Halo talk ^_^
*slowly creeps into convo*

i'm sorry wait Bluelight have u actually even paid attention to Halo???
Master Chief pretty much goes on a suicide mission every game.
Ya kno jumping on ship that got torn in half, fighting off a race of aliens (that pretty much made humans) alone (cortana doesnt count, shes just eye candy), as well as many more as stated above? I mean I guess u can generalize it as him fightIng aliens and shooting stuff but so has Samus. Pretty much just aliens and guns right? Congrats you beat an inanimate object your now better than the one guy who had to save the universe from getting obliterated. Master Chief stopped a device that would've wipe out all life forms in the galaxy...ALONE. Marines are merely stupid AIs they never help at all.

Sure samus may have the tits and ass but MC can kick more ass than her any day of the week.
But hey why not just get along? I think we could agree Samus and Master Chief's baby would be better than both. Or maybe not. Idk.

I also have a nice video of Samus and MC. Not sure if you guys have seen it or not. It was made quite a while back but still looks awesome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cL-mR79GErU
AsianP3rsuas10n

Postby BlueLight » Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:24 pm

Ya um.... again master chief is a big baby compared to Samus. Sorry but master chief couldn't survive attack from "The thing" but i could believe Samus could in her zero suit. That prequel doesn't count as the thing. That thing was a CG mess of crap that acted stupid in every way and while it is possible for it to have learned, i can't believe it was acting so dumb up until the end and then decided to turn in to a dog and play it smart. Anyways my point is that master chiefs "Suicide" missions aren't even possible to look at them as endangering his life. He's a dumb character in ways for this if i remember Halo 3 correctly.

Most Master chief has had to go though is crawling around a Flood ship, Samus has had to deal with an enemy which can do everything the flood and transform into something or some one else on command. You want to know why the flood are wimpy enemies (Sorry but they've never given me trouble in past games), they're so easy to spot. Now the X parasite is a totally different matter. Their natural enemy is nearly dead, and they could be anyone and could infect anyone near them.

Now i've told you the worst master chief has had to deal with in my own mind but it's really hard to pick anything since the games downpay the events that happen as kinda normal in a strange way. Anyways samus, she is stuck on a space station with nothing but a blaster and something like a zero suit but a little upgraded. Next this space station is filled with parasites that can shape shift into anything it's absorbed. It retains all the memories of it's victims. The parasites are in fact deadlier than the thing but vary similar. She can't destory the sation and the parasites even trying doing it themselves and samus is forced to stop it. Lets face it, i think of master chief blowing up a halo and thing holly wood actor playing a part. I hear about Samus and i think of a movie like "John Carpenter The Thing"

In case my 3:30 Ranting doesn make sense let me make this simple.
Play though all the halo games using nothing but a pistol and not being able to melee anything and you've god what samus was stuck with in Metroid prime.
In theory they didn't know the creature X Parasite wouldn't kill her with her second encounter with it.
She can't injure bosses or defeat them.
She is at the start of the game set up for death.
Master chief.... Ya um you're set up for death when you run out of ammo but that's more because you're no using the weapons the game gives you.
Samus wins by level design. Besides Master chief doesn't have a clone of himself running around that's for sure able to kick his ass.
BlueLight
Gangs n' Whores Developer

Postby maximilianos » Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:22 pm

Thaedael Wrote:YOU CALL THAT A BOSS, NOW SON, THIS IS A BAWWWWWS
not really it was actually really easy but it exuded awesome from every pore that you tore into it.

what game is that? Chrome hounds?
I often find myself thinking that most people are utter shite. I try to be positive and prove myself wrong. So far I've yet to succeed in doing so.
On the otherhand: I know a few of the actually great people out there and that makes me happy enough.
maximilianos

Postby berserkerhorn » Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:38 pm

alien war machines FTW
Attachments
gia_gun_mecha.png
Hi. My name is Silk. You're all, uh... under arrest.
berserkerhorn

Postby Zender_Solarheart » Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:28 pm

maximilianos Wrote:
Thaedael Wrote:YOU CALL THAT A BOSS, NOW SON, THIS IS A BAWWWWWS
not really it was actually really easy but it exuded awesome from every pore that you tore into it.

what game is that? Chrome hounds?

I think that's one of the Armored Core games. Might be #4, judging by what I saw when I rented that game a while back...
Certified Determinator and Japanese Technique Namer of the LoK forums. Also, the eternal nemesis of Razajin.
Zender_Solarheart

Postby zeldafreak1 » Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:14 pm

That is all.
zeldafreak1

Postby Reaver » Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:31 pm

OH YES! delicious! :D
Renegade, Mercenary, Wielder of the Shaft of Justice, Angel-Rapist, Rp Contract Killer
He enters like a shadow, exits like a Horseman of the Apocalypse.
Seen it all, done it all.
Keeper-Senpai
Reaver

Postby zeldafreak1 » Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:09 pm

Reaver Wrote:OH YES! delicious! :D

Master Chief, meet Jim Raynor, combat veteran, Leader of Raynor's Raiders, captain of the Hyperion, friend of Protoss, and expert on Zerg. With Raynor comes Zerautl, leader of Dark Templar, Psionic master and one of the wisest beings there is. Both will be extremely helpful in holding back the Flood now that Zerg have swelled their ranks.
zeldafreak1

Re: Ultimate Showdown of Sci-Fi Destiny

Postby Zender_Solarheart » Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:15 pm

Meanwhile, in the Zerg's own main base, Samus finds that her nemesis still just won't stay dead...

On that note, I'm suddenly curious what a "Zerg Ridley" would fight like, if Metroid and Starcraft were to ever (hypothetically) have a crossover...
Certified Determinator and Japanese Technique Namer of the LoK forums. Also, the eternal nemesis of Razajin.
Zender_Solarheart

Postby berserkerhorn » Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:25 pm

1. Spits acid like a hydra
2. Flies like a mutilisk
3. Is big like a... (What are those big giant tusked mammoth-like zergs again?)
4. Has a tail
5. Roars

That is all
Hi. My name is Silk. You're all, uh... under arrest.
berserkerhorn

Re: Ultimate Showdown of Sci-Fi Destiny

Postby zeldafreak1 » Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:27 pm

berserkerhorn Wrote:1. Spits acid like a hydra
2. Flies like a mutilisk
3. Is big like a... (What are those big giant tusked mammoth-like zergs again?)
4. Has a tail
5. Roars

That is all

Zender_Solarheart Wrote:Meanwhile, in the Zerg's own main base, Samus finds that her nemesis still just won't stay dead...

On that note, I'm suddenly curious what a "Zerg Ridley" would fight like, if Metroid and Starcraft were to ever (hypothetically) have a crossover...

Wrong train of thought Zender! The Metroids, Space Pirates and Protoss/Zerg Hybrids would combine and there'd be nothing ANYONE (EVEN SAMUS!) could do about that. Definitely Wrong train of thought. Btw Bhorn, ur thinking of an Ultralisk. :ugeek:
zeldafreak1

Postby maximilianos » Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:40 pm

WHAT THE HELL!? I google ''chrome hounds'' to find some good firepower picsthen I see my own post, here, on the forum, come up as a result.
Attachments
Skärmklipp.PNG
...seriously, I'm famous :D
Skärmklipp.PNG (157.21 KiB) Viewed 1785 times
I often find myself thinking that most people are utter shite. I try to be positive and prove myself wrong. So far I've yet to succeed in doing so.
On the otherhand: I know a few of the actually great people out there and that makes me happy enough.
maximilianos

Postby Thaedael » Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:49 pm

That was armored core 4 Answer, the last of the futuristic armored cores before they went for a semi-realistic sci-fi approach. The game revolves around these giant machines that are for hire through the various corporations. The plot is actually very complicated, supplemented by their giant manga series on the side. That is white glint, my hero, and the enemy in the back is called spirit of mother will. As for chrome hounds, one of my favourite pvp robot games of all time in that the battles were super fun.

Thaedael

Postby Zender_Solarheart » Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:50 pm

People thought taking out Zebes was impossible in Metroid 1, especially after the whole Galactic Federation military force got wrecked trying to assault it, but Samus proved them wrong on that single-handedly. She also took out a planet-full of Metroids in Metroid 2: Return of Samus, and while the Feds thought worse of her for it, she also saved galactic society from annihilation by blowing up that same planet (SR388) with the BSL Station. Of course, those are only some of her accomplishments, as one of my earlier posts takes note of.

Honestly, I think the closest she came to dooming the whole galaxy was in Prime 2, and it's in a way you don't really think of at first. For those who played the game, you may recall that Dark Alpha Splinter that Samus takes the Energy Transfer Module from. Well first off, let's note where she did that: in Aether's Great Temple, literally a single elevator ride away from U-Mos and the final Light Energy Controller. Since she didn't have the Transfer Module until that miniboss went down, the Ing technically could've just possessed her before she could get it, then have her walk into U-Mos's chamber, and become Aether's destroyer instead of its savior, not to mention the universe itself. The only thing that prevented that, was the Ing's (honestly hard-to-comprehend) choice to NOT possess her mid-battle.

It's fridge logic/horror that makes my appreciation for that game keep growing...and now I wanna replay Prime 2...but my Wii is busted, so I can't... *sigh* T_T
Zender_Solarheart

Postby Thaedael » Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:55 pm

I found Prime 2 the weaker of the two primes I did play. My cousin lent me his wii, so I am looking forward to getting to play prime 3 and that supposedly bad other M one.
Thaedael

Postby maximilianos » Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:07 pm

DAMMIT!! NOOO! I'm sooo pissed off at myself right now... I've mised my 100th, 150th, 200th AND my 250th post!? I PROMISSED myself not to forget -.-
maximilianos

Postby zeldafreak1 » Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:14 pm

I haven't played Echos in ages so I might be wrong but if she got possessed she couldn't just walk into U-Mos's chamber could she? Ing hate Light and didn't U-Mos have the final energy transfer device protected by some sort of Light-based energy field? She couldn't actually walk into that chamber if U-Mos did have that field up and running. And do Ing actually possess the things they meet or do they assimilate their DNA like the Zerg? I think one of the logs said they assimilated what they met but, again, I haven't played Echos in a long time so some of the details are kinda fuzzy.
@Max: HAHAHAHA!!!
@Thae: Echos introduced some great concepts (light/dark beam force fields) and it had a great story. Plus some of the memorable boss fights (Quadraxis, (-shudders-) Emperor Ing, and Dark Samus (hardest fight IMO. A timed battle? The hell made them do that!?!)
zeldafreak1

Postby Thaedael » Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:54 pm

It had great concepts, but execution was poor. I mean you can tell they just recolored the beams from the first game, re-purposed some of the previous equipment but with different filters. Still a good game I just felt like it needed a bit more polishing work? Over all though I still enjoyed the series. What I am really waiting for is more of Ogre Battle =(
Thaedael

Postby BlueLight » Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:29 am

I think I was talk ing about fusion
BlueLight
Gangs n' Whores Developer

Postby Zender_Solarheart » Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:57 am

Thaedael Wrote:It had great concepts, but execution was poor. I mean you can tell they just recolored the beams from the first game, re-purposed some of the previous equipment but with different filters. Still a good game I just felt like it needed a bit more polishing work? Over all though I still enjoyed the series. What I am really waiting for is more of Ogre Battle =(

Technically speaking, the Light Beam's charge shot differed greatly from the charged Plasma Beam (charged Light shotgun blast instead of just a big Plasma shot, though the uncharged shots were still just Plasma recolors), though the Dark Beam and Annihilator Beam functioned almost precisely to the Ice and Wave beams, respectively. Still, I see where you're coming from; a lot of the upgrades seemed to just be slightly-upgraded forms of their Prime 1 counterparts, though the added ability to shoot while grappling was a welcome Grapple Beam bonus, if you ask me.

Personally, I find that Prime 2 did great with the atmospheric design elements of Dark Aether; every moment spent there felt like I was really in a desolate, "cursed" world of pure evil, which is precisely how it should be. The portal-hopping shenanigans were annoying, yes, but I can overlook them in this case. The boss battles were also a lot more dynamic than Prime 1's, and it's overall more challenging than the other two titles in the trilogy. Of course, that has its downs as well as ups...damn you, Boost Guardian. As for how it holds up to the other Primes, I think it wins 1st place with the bosses, loses to both in upgrades (we discussed the beams earlier, and Prime 3's Nova Beam and Grapple Lasso upgrades are just pure, concentrated awesome :P), and while it beats Prime 3 in exploration, it loses to Prime 1 on account of the portal-hopping stuff.

But yeah, seeing how this is the Image War thread (despite the little joke I made with the title earlier), I might as well post this to heed to the topic:
...also, could someone tell the Chief that Chozo technology isn't compatible with his armor?
Zender_Solarheart

PreviousNext

Return to General