I Suppose Introduction Threads Go Here?

A place for general discussions about anything and everything.

I Suppose Introduction Threads Go Here?

Postby RandomRoninKitten » Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:00 pm

Hello, everyone, it's nice to meet you all. I'm sorta new to the forum, though I've been lurking for some time. I mostly watch the flash game section, though I bounce from place to place.

I have many interests, including anime, video games, reading, writing, pixel art, music, horror movies, and mythology. Not in that order.

I'm a huge fan of Digimon(Currently playing Digimon Heroes if anyone wants to ask for my friend code), Power Rangers(I have yet to watch Megaforce or Ninja Steel, but I'm getting there), Megaman(The entire franchise, there are few of them I haven't played).

I'm also currently head of development for a project in GML, a monster capture game in which every enemy is a monster girl. We're currently working towards Alpha, I'm considering posting what we have when we have a base game to show. We currently have three programmers, four sprite artists, three concept artists, and two writers. If anyone is interested in the project, feel free to ask me any questions you may have. We do need more team members to make production a bit quicker, we're always looking for programmers, concept artists, and sprite artists.

I suppose since this is an introduction topic, feel free to ask me whatever?
RandomRoninKitten

Re: I Suppose Introduction Threads Go Here?

Postby Ynsano » Wed Feb 22, 2017 1:11 pm

Hello Random Girl (he.. is funny to address someone specific with that words).

Welcome to the forum!!!!!

You said if any question about your project popped up we could shoot away... welllllllllll the basic one popped me so....

IS THERE ANY SCREENSHOT FOR YOU TO SHOW US? *drooling in curiosity* :D
Ynsano

Location: Amidst some code searching the missing fucking semicolon.

Postby RandomRoninKitten » Wed Feb 22, 2017 6:49 pm

Ynsano Wrote:Hello Random Girl (he.. is funny to address someone specific with that words).

Welcome to the forum!!!!!

You said if any question about your project popped up we could shoot away... welllllllllll the basic one popped me so....

IS THERE ANY SCREENSHOT FOR YOU TO SHOW US? *drooling in curiosity* :D

Well, we have concept art and incomplete sprite sheets, and we could take bare bones screenshots of the game, but as of right now since most of the sprite sheets are incomplete, were we to take a screenshot, you'd just a white grid with targets sitting where player's party and enemies would be. It's what happens when the engine is completed before the sprites are. I THINK we'll start adding sprites to said engine by the end of the month. It's actually partly because we can't take screenshots of the gameplay that I didn't post a recruitment thread, since that would be how we show we're making progress. Though, once we get to that point, we'll start posting progress videos on youtube, as well.
RandomRoninKitten

Postby BlueLight » Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:50 pm

What engine? Unity3d? Unreal?
.... Not gamermaker?
BlueLight
Gangs n' Whores Developer

Postby Ynsano » Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:21 am

As you see from blue's reaction... we are very curious :D

EVERY i mean EVERY tiny bit you have to share we will take gladly and respond with a helping(in most cases :lol: ) feedback so don't be shy shoot it all....
Ynsano

Location: Amidst some code searching the missing fucking semicolon.

Postby BlueLight » Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:57 am

Is it custom.... if it's custom what language? Java, C# C++.... Better not being fucking Javascript.
I'm very judgemental
BlueLight

Postby Randomizer4 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:08 pm

I sense randomness
'The fountain of lewd is within, and it will forever bubble up, if thou forever diggest' -not Marcus Aurelius

Am back here as of february, so do get back in touch if you missed me or if you wanna chat or rp!
Randomizer4

Postby RandomRoninKitten » Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:10 pm

BlueLight Wrote:What engine? Unity3d? Unreal?
.... Not gamermaker?

It's in GameMaker Studio, using GML.
RandomRoninKitten

Postby RandomRoninKitten » Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:29 pm

Ynsano Wrote:As you see from blue's reaction... we are very curious :D

EVERY i mean EVERY tiny bit you have to share we will take gladly and respond with a helping(in most cases :lol: ) feedback so don't be shy shoot it all....

I'd have gone into more detail in the OP, but I feel special when people ask specific questions about my project.

Well, as of right now, what we're going for is a monster capture hentai game. It will share very small similarities with, say, Pokemon, Digimon, Shin Megami Tensei, but those similarities are limited specifically to the fact that you can capture monsters. In this particular case, the monsters you'd be capturing to use in your party are monster girls.

In terms of gameplay, you'd travel from place to place using a world map, transition to an overworld map for traveling within those places on the map, and then for combat, transition to a battle map. The combat is Strategy RPG-style, sort of like SMT and Fire Emblem. Very different from those, of course, but those are the closest examples I can think of.

Your party is split into two(Or three if you consider MC-chan different) types of units. You'd have MC-chan, which would be the only character capable of using items, and capturing enemies. You'd have the characters that join your party through quests and as you progress through the plot, who are each one of a kind, and you'd have the enemy monster girls which you can freely capture as you fight against them.

We haven't completely decided on HOW different the captureable monsters will function from the main party members, but the ideas that are being tossed around are;
1: You could carry a certain number with you and summon them into battle, possibly
2: They could possibly lack mana and only use what could be referred to as "basic attacks"
We may go with one or both, not sure yet.

We also haven't completely decided how sex scenes would occur or be triggered, we'd possibly give the player the option to date characters and captured monster girls while at what serves as HQ? Ideas are welcome.

I'm sure I missed a lot, feel free to ask whatever, I'm bad at explaining things, so I can probably also elaborate on some details.
RandomRoninKitten

Postby musical74 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:05 pm

As a ronin kitten, does that mean you will abuse the cuteness that are kittens anywhere you go, since you don't have a master?

I'd like to help with your project but college comes first, and I couldn't really offer you anything outside of being a proofreader and critiquing what works and what doesn't (working on getting a psych degree, and while I have some experience beta-testing, my knowledge of coding/programming and computer artistry is near nil)
musical74

Postby BlueLight » Fri Feb 24, 2017 3:50 am

RandomRoninKitten Wrote:
.... Not gamermaker?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That means like no Linux support
BlueLight

Postby GoRepeat » Fri Feb 24, 2017 4:50 am

Welcome to the forums
Picarto LiveStream: https://picarto.tv/GoRepeat
Other Stuff: Click Here
GoRepeat

Postby RandomRoninKitten » Fri Feb 24, 2017 7:01 pm

BlueLight Wrote:
RandomRoninKitten Wrote:
.... Not gamermaker?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That means like no Linux support

I sowwy, it was the only thing my programmers mutually knew.
RandomRoninKitten

Postby RandomRoninKitten » Fri Feb 24, 2017 7:31 pm

musical74 Wrote:As a ronin kitten, does that mean you will abuse the cuteness that are kittens anywhere you go, since you don't have a master?

I'd like to help with your project but college comes first, and I couldn't really offer you anything outside of being a proofreader and critiquing what works and what doesn't (working on getting a psych degree, and while I have some experience beta-testing, my knowledge of coding/programming and computer artistry is near nil)

That's exactly what it means~

Whenever we have something interesting to show, we'll be happy to post our updates here for critique.
RandomRoninKitten

Postby RandomRoninKitten » Fri Feb 24, 2017 7:32 pm

GoRepeat Wrote:Welcome to the forums

It's an absolute honor to be welcomed by you, I'm a big fan of your work, I've played every game you've posted to NewGrounds.
RandomRoninKitten

Postby TheUnknown » Fri Feb 24, 2017 8:26 pm

Welcome, nothing is sacred and all life is meaningless :)
TheUnknown

Postby Randomizer4 » Sat Feb 25, 2017 12:05 pm

TheUnknown Wrote:Welcome, nothing is sacred and all life is meaningless :)

Gloomy :3
'The fountain of lewd is within, and it will forever bubble up, if thou forever diggest' -not Marcus Aurelius

Am back here as of february, so do get back in touch if you missed me or if you wanna chat or rp!
Randomizer4

Return to General