Current game state and discussion of game mechanics

Cyberpunk, fetish based Text RPG

Current game state and discussion of game mechanics

Postby TheWrongHands » Sat Nov 08, 2014 2:41 am

The project has now fallen into TheWrongHands!

Lasted edited: 2014-11-30

Hello, i'm TheWrongHands and i'll be taking over programing for this project. i'm going to try and be a little more verbose then my predecessors seem to have been so that you guys know exactly what my plans are and what i'm currently working on. i intend to do this by going though the threads and documents and crate a checklist of features and mechanics that people want to see in the game (which i will add to this first post later).

I should probably update this more often or get a twitter feed

What I'm currently working on:
the combat system
creating consumable items

ok, now because pixel has a panic attack every time i mention something that isn't a high priority (can't really blame him after reading though some of these threads), i would like to state that this check list in no way reflects the order in which things will actually be worked on, nor is it a guarantee that a particular feature will be added/left out.

here is the check list so far, i still have a lot of posts and code to go though so there are probably a lot of things still left for me to add

Spoiler (click to show/hide):

-Combat system - partly
      -Variable strength attacks - not in
      -Melee - partly
      -Ranged - partly
        -Different ammo types - not in
        -Ammo consumption - not in
      -Lust - partly
      -Magic - partly
        -Capacitance and battery system - not in
    -Leveling System - not in
    -Map system - partly
      -Tile system - not in
        -Seamless map transition - not in
        -Light system - not in
    -Survival - not in
      -Eat - not in
      -Drink - not in
      -Sleep - not in
    -Items - partly
      -Weapons - partly
      -Armor - partly
      -Consumables - not in
        -Drugs - not in
          -Detox - not in
        -Potions - not in
        -Food - not in
        -Drinks - not in
    -Property ownership - not in
    -Slavery - not in
    -Augments - not in
    -Genetic modifiers - not in
    -GUI - partly
      -Keyboard shortcuts for keys
    - not in
    -Time system - not in
    -Economy - partly
      -Shops - partly
    -Affection system - not in
    -Faction system - not in
    -Quest system - not in
    -Radio system - not in
    -Futa warrior - not in
    -Vehicles - not in
      -Trains - not in
      -Cars - not in
      -Mounts - not in
    -Collectibles - not in
    -Crafting system - not in
      -Dick molds - not in
    -Save/Load system - not in
      -To/From Cookie - not in
      -To/From File - not in
      -To/From Clipboard - not in

now while questions are always welcome, what i would like to do for the rest of this thread is dedicate it to discussions of the game mechanics. things like lore and art are only welcome here if you need them to help explain an idea you have. in the post below this i'll add some of my own ideas as an example.
Current Projects:
http://projectseedsphanes.blogspot.com/

Previous Projects:
TheWrongHands

Re: Current game state and discussion of game mechanics

Postby TheWrongHands » Sat Nov 08, 2014 3:47 am

it has always kind of bothered me how in games characters can only hit as hard as possible while in other forms of media they can also do light pokes and everything in-between, so i propose a variable hit strength. what this would basically consist of is a slider and a text box though which you can control how hard you hit. this would also open up possible quest where you go out and hurt someone without full on killing them.

i also propose a rather large change to how magic works. basically in all games i have played magic is always done the same way. there is always a single large pool of magic and your spells consume parts of it. as you progress you get better versions of spells that both consume more magic and have higher outputs, this has always bothered me. as you progress its not the spell that can handle more magic, its the character, the spell just gets more efficient to use. so i suggest we tie it into the aforementioned variable strength system so that the player can dump all of their available magic into the spell or only some. now this might seem a little overpowered, so i sugest splitting the magic pool into Capacitance and Battery.

Capacitance: a small pool of magic that you can use 100% of in your spell right now if you so choose and gets first priority of regenerated magic. this can be thought of as your initial force

Battery: a much larger pool of magic that gets filled up when your Capacitance is full and will slowly drain it's points back when it isn't, giving a sort of regen boost. this can be thought of as endurance or continuous force

also i would like to have regen count as Capacitance for the turn and only get added to the pools at the end. that way spells would eat into regen first allowing for something like a potion of overload that gives you crazy amounts of regen that you basically have to use it all in a spell this turn or it goes to waste.
Current Projects:
http://projectseedsphanes.blogspot.com/

Previous Projects:
TheWrongHands

Postby Duplicity » Sat Nov 08, 2014 10:36 am

I like the sound of Capacitance and Battery, they sound steam punky which fits with the game.

As long as all this stuff is easy to add in using xml, or whatever you prefer I am cool with it. I know the current combat system has a weird bug where if you add a completely new attack to the attack list, of which any character can use with their stats deciding the damage and such, that the character you added it to would not use it.

So in testing I added a doublekick to the Vagabunny's attack list and she never used it. I asked Mihail, the original coder and main combat coder and he said if you pressed escape (I think) five or so times, the Vagabunny would suddenly use that attack. I have no idea why that was happening, might have been an intentional thing on Mihail's part because he knew exactly how to force the fix.

Also I notice some of the enemies will stop attacking after so many turns. I don't know why, but yeah.
If there are any complaints, queries, bills or cheques.
Please log them by throwing a rock at the darkest corner you see.
I'll generally be there.
Duplicity
Gangs n' Whores Developer

Postby TheWrongHands » Sat Nov 08, 2014 5:31 pm

i love xml and intend to xml everything that holds still long enough. as for the bugs, i'm afraid there isn't a whole lot i can do about them at the moment, partly because i don't know the code yet and partly because we're still in pre-alpha. i hate to say it but there probably won't be much in the way of bug hunts until we hit beta as that that's the designated time for them. until then all that can be done is to cross your fingers and hope that a change that gets made fixes the problem, and there is a high probability that that's how that one will be fixed. once we hit alpha i'll look into setting up some sort of bug tracker though.
TheWrongHands

Postby BlueLight » Sat Nov 08, 2014 10:31 pm

I have a bit more up to date code somewhere on this computer. I quite frankly got sick and tired of ActionScript which is why coding on my end stopped. If you need help i did get versed in the Data directory and know a few GUI classes fairly well.
I wish you luck and hope you release the modifications so anyone can mess around with your improvement.

~Blue
BlueLight

Postby pixelfetish8 » Sun Nov 09, 2014 3:07 am

BlueLight Wrote:I have a bit more up to date code somewhere on this computer. I quite frankly got sick and tired of ActionScript which is why coding on my end stopped. If you need help i did get versed in the Data directory and know a few GUI classes fairly well.
I wish you luck and hope you release the modifications so anyone can mess around with your improvement.

~Blue

dont feel bad Blue i'm happy and i apretiate a lot your work and dedication <3

this i think is our list of most important things to complete:

1PART: the basic one
all the game gameplay must be doned using only 1 hand (yes is true, one hand is ennough to play)
combats will be 1 on 1, player versus 1 enemy/entity, we can make for example 2 guards or a hive of rapist worms as one entity, like one enemy (but the majority of the combats will be player aganist one character)
the kind of combat style and damage you do is determined by the kind of weapon you are equiped

MELEE COMBAT (laser sword, electrical bat, knifes...)
- more accuracy than ranged combat, with melee combat is dificult to miss the hit
- with the exeption the fliying beings, in this case mele combat is less acuracy than ranged aganist, for example a harpy girl

RANGED COMBAT (plasma pistol, gauss rifle, nuclear grenade launcher...)
-less accuracy/precise than melee combat
-fighting with fliying enemyes dont changes the accuracy of ranged combat

LUST COMBAT (wip, lasso, paddle, dildosword...)
-usually more efective aganist the majority of enemyes, they usually have less lust defense than armor defense (a super heavy armoured soldier can be hard to beat because his armor but he can be easily beated using lust attacks and make him go to floor make he a cum fountain unable to stop his lust)
-but do half damage aganist non unsensitive enemyes like some machines and traps (in this case they can also use grenades or trowing weapons in the future when we put ingame)

a healing items/potion to help player defeat bosses
a economic sistem to buy/sell items (or at least buy) and a way to win a little monney

2PART: the drug sistem
-the drug sistem, a items that buffs the player guiving more defense, lust attack... but with also guiving a adiction sistem with hilarious writting telling the efects on the player
how more dep is the adiction more weack you are
-a drug detoxification “doctors” and pills (more exspensive than the doctors)

3PART: time (for now only daily, we can think to add a calendar in the future, weeks, months...)
-time pass in the game
-night day cicle with some exclusive events (we have one old build showing how the game ui go darker or lighter with the pass of time it was made by bit stallion if i am correct and looked really amazing in my oppinion, very ambience)

4PART: character sheet
-descrives the player race, gender and body thype
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

after this point everithing is optional and we will do it if we can do it (if our human resources are able to do it and want to do some)

this is a wishlist

-GENETICAL BEAUTY CLINIC MODIFICATIONS: this is a very iconic part of the game lore, you can be warever you want! change your genethic code and be perfect!
-sleep/rest sistem with exclusive events
-disasters and phenomenon: The Humm, radioactive wave, electric storms, lust rain, acid rain, dickvirds migration groups(more info soon)
-sexpet love/afection sistem
-companion love/afection sistem
-jobs: bounty hunter, caraban defender, sexpet farmer, proslavery, prostitution(be part of the Whore Sindicae), professional hacker (Using Digit Dee inside the cybernet), road defender(be part of the Road Knights gang), coocking with drugs and sell it (i will explain more of how this jobs can work in the future), junk and old tecknology scavenger
-magic, the 4 elements, each one more efective to certain enemyes
-the radio sistem, info, gang propaganda and advises (of all kinds, help, jobs, Lube Warriors road attacks...)
-the Futa Warriros supershow: become a futa warrior manager!
- world map sistem
-montures, vehicles and wather vehicles for the map sistem
-housing, diferent houses with diferent tiers
-colectibles: futa warriors cards and merchandise to decorate your room
-gang afinity/aliances
-law sistem: crime and punishment with player in jail, wach out the soap!!!

...a lot of more stuff and ideas, let me check my had drive pdf i made XP
pixelfetish8

Postby pixelfetish8 » Wed Feb 11, 2015 12:12 pm

moved this message in other way... we need to fix the mess we have in the forum!
pixelfetish8

Return to Gangs n' Whores