General Discussion about Gangs and Whores

Cyberpunk, fetish based Text RPG

Re: General Discussion about Gangs and Whores

Postby fndom » Sun Dec 14, 2014 4:51 pm

Hi there,

As this is the topic where
If you're not sure where to put a post, it probably goes here.

I would like to share a few personal thoughts about G&W.

First I must say that the game concept and all the work I've seen so far is awesome, both art (writing included of course) and mechanics, so congrats on the good results.

That being said, I find the development of the project a bit difficult to follow, I mean the current forum seems a bit messy to me with some of the topics that overlaps ("ideas, suggestions and feedback", "General Discussion", "discussion of game mechanics"...). Also, it'll be quite awkward to have to read 6 or more pages in the future. Maybe it would be easier with subforums that suit better your needs, if that's even possible.

Concerning the game itself, I just wanted to say that imo it's a pity the enemies' images aren't slightly bigger, because they are pretty cool.

Thanks, good luck and sorry for the engrish :)
fndom
Newly Registered

Postby pixelfetish8 » Mon Dec 15, 2014 9:35 am

fndom Wrote:Hi there,

As this is the topic where
If you're not sure where to put a post, it probably goes here.

I would like to share a few personal thoughts about G&W.

First I must say that the game concept and all the work I've seen so far is awesome, both art (writing included of course) and mechanics, so congrats on the good results.

That being said, I find the development of the project a bit difficult to follow, I mean the current forum seems a bit messy to me with some of the topics that overlaps ("ideas, suggestions and feedback", "General Discussion", "discussion of game mechanics"...). Also, it'll be quite awkward to have to read 6 or more pages in the future. Maybe it would be easier with subforums that suit better your needs, if that's even possible.

Concerning the game itself, I just wanted to say that imo it's a pity the enemies' images aren't slightly bigger, because they are pretty cool.

Thanks, good luck and sorry for the engrish :)

i supose i need to guive you the reason, once the game will be done i will see if we can put a bit of order in this place we are a bit focused in the game development, the topics dont overlap each one is for diferent purposes but maybe they should be explained better... yes, hope once we finish the basic code we can spend more time with the comunity aspect

about images, im happy you like it XP thank you, the idea to make them small is because i made them as a suport element, not the main one, i still believe the true important is the the text, the writting works the art is for guive to players a basic idea of the worl but i will talk to coders if we can add a option to upscale images, at least the character ones.

thank you for your feedback peoples oppinions are always welcome, i always read them even if it seems we have the forums a bit abandoned as i said i will try to pay more atention to the comunity aspect once we have the basic game done : )
pixelfetish8
Gangs n' Whores Developer

Postby fndom » Mon Dec 15, 2014 9:28 pm

It's my pleasure.

I think I understand your reasoning, but I can't help wondering if this is somewhat a catch 22 situation (as far as I think that means). I'll try to explain myself with 2 examples: Transruption is a project that achieved more than $17,000 in Offbeatr (July 30, 2013), but right now it's almost stopped (although it's developer it's working in the game again), and if you visit the official web site, there is very little to no community interaction; on the other hand, most of the posts in the Breeding Season development blog has at least 50 comments, and the LoK topic has 1879 replies since Jan 08, 2013 (that's way more than 2 each day) with 5300 patrons since march.

For sure everyone already know this, what I want to point out is that maybe an active community could help with the development of G&W. I don't know if that's due to a simple encouragement or there's a practical reason. Also there are many possibilities that I can be wrong, and even if I'm not maybe this way of working it's better.

Well that's just another thought :lol: . Thanks for the previous reply and sorry again for the bad English and the waste of time.
Cheers
fndom
Newly Registered

Postby pixelfetish8 » Tue Dec 16, 2014 2:34 pm

fndom Wrote:It's my pleasure.

I think I understand your reasoning, but I can't help wondering if this is somewhat a catch 22 situation (as far as I think that means). I'll try to explain myself with 2 examples: Transruption is a project that achieved more than $17,000 in Offbeatr (July 30, 2013), but right now it's almost stopped (although it's developer it's working in the game again), and if you visit the official web site, there is very little to no community interaction; on the other hand, most of the posts in the Breeding Season development blog has at least 50 comments, and the LoK topic has 1879 replies since Jan 08, 2013 (that's way more than 2 each day) with 5300 patrons since march.

For sure everyone already know this, what I want to point out is that maybe an active community could help with the development of G&W. I don't know if that's due to a simple encouragement or there's a practical reason. Also there are many possibilities that I can be wrong, and even if I'm not maybe this way of working it's better.

Well that's just another thought :lol: . Thanks for the previous reply and sorry again for the bad English and the waste of time.
Cheers

oh nono is never a waste of time we love to see people participate and i always try to read all, so thank you for share your opinion, yes you are true, the comunity is all for this project ruled by volunteers, but before hype people i want to have the basic code works because the game development can stop anytime so i prefer be sure this have a future before beguin to be serious with the comunity and the publicity, i dont want to show and make all of you wait a game maybe will never be release, i want to be true with our fans and focus before to have the base of the game done, but yes, the comunity means all for the future of this project, if you have anny suggestion or opinion, please tell to us every little help is always welcome here: 3

and remember, i am who must thank you for participate in GNW forums, hope we can see more people participating soon! : )
pixelfetish8

Postby TheWrongHands » Tue Dec 16, 2014 3:02 pm

fndom Wrote:It's my pleasure.

Cheers

i'm afraid i'm not quite sure what you are trying to suggest.
Current Projects:
http://projectseedsphanes.blogspot.com/

Previous Projects:
TheWrongHands

Postby fndom » Tue Dec 16, 2014 7:13 pm

pixelfetish8 Wrote:oh nono is never a waste of time we love to see people participate and i always try to read all, so thank you for share your opinion, yes you are true, the comunity is all for this project ruled by volunteers, but before hype people i want to have the basic code works because the game development can stop anytime so i prefer be sure this have a future before beguin to be serious with the comunity and the publicity, i dont want to show and make all of you wait a game maybe will never be release, i want to be true with our fans and focus before to have the base of the game done, but yes, the comunity means all for the future of this project, if you have anny suggestion or opinion, please tell to us every little help is always welcome here: 3

and remember, i am who must thank you for participate in GNW forums, hope we can see more people participating soon! : )

Thanks again, I'm glad I could be of any help :)

TheWrongHands Wrote:i'm afraid i'm not quite sure what you are trying to suggest.

I'm sorry I couldn't made myself clear, I'll try again.

The reasoning is as follows:
1 For me, the development of the project a bit difficult to follow...
pixelfetish8 Wrote:...hope once we finish the basic code we can spend more time with the community aspect...

3 Considering other games as an example, maybe if the "community aspect" comes first, that would be helpful for the development of GNW.

But as pixelfetish8 said, having the base of the game done prior to that may be the best option. It is clear that you know better than me what the best option is. In short, I was just thinking out loud ;)

Cheers
fndom
Newly Registered

Postby pixelfetish8 » Sat Dec 20, 2014 10:22 am

the game development is awaked from its graveyard, with the new programer "thewronghands" we are not only continuing the development, we are thinking in some new gameplay formulas to make the game bigger and better, we are triying to make something really special, also one of our old programers is still helping a bit, we apreciate all the work bit stallion made for the project.

Of course, art, art never stopped, never: items, weapons, armors, characters... we have already done a huuuuuuuuge amout of art waiting for writers to become alive.

since this project depends not only on me but also other people to do code and writting works i can't say nothing about when we will have new builds and i can't guarantee we will have other shut down, but we are continuing all our best and putting all our passion in this project.

have a welcome image of the Eden and Purgatory: yep, the right one is the present...

humanity, humanity never changes...
pixelfetish8

Postby fndom » Thu Dec 25, 2014 6:47 pm

pixelfetish8 Wrote:the game development is awaked from its graveyard, with the new programer "thewronghands" we are not only continuing the development, we are thinking in some new gameplay formulas to make the game bigger and better, we are triying to make something really special, also one of our old programers is still helping a bit, we apreciate all the work bit stallion made for the project.

That's great news :D

Is there some place where we can have a look to all the art already made? I mean like a hentaifoundry profile or similar.

Thanks
Cheers
fndom
Newly Registered

Postby pixelfetish8 » Fri Dec 26, 2014 12:41 am

fndom Wrote:
pixelfetish8 Wrote:the game development is awaked from its graveyard, with the new programer "thewronghands" we are not only continuing the development, we are thinking in some new gameplay formulas to make the game bigger and better, we are triying to make something really special, also one of our old programers is still helping a bit, we apreciate all the work bit stallion made for the project.

That's great news :D

Is there some place where we can have a look to all the art already made? I mean like a hentaifoundry profile or similar.

Thanks
Cheers

Hummm maybe can be cool make a mosterpedia or something but i have a internal conflict, for one side it will be cool and a way to promote the game and maybe participation, from other side it will be like a spoiler for players, im still not sure.

a future wiki or monsterpedia can be really good, i still need to count again but i think we have like 150 sprites only in characters, and this days the item art have increased a lot... do something with the art is not a bad idea but i need to think a correct way to do it

one reason i dont usually update my fa or inkbunny profile is i try to focus on the development, i prefer use my time to create more content than put all the stuff in the website and wait if someone say something, in this week we created the art for almost 10 kinds of grenades and 8 crafting materials, maybe i should prepare something to show for this new year XP
pixelfetish8

Postby fndom » Fri Dec 26, 2014 8:04 pm

pixelfetish8 Wrote:maybe i should prepare something to show for this new year XP

That would be awesome :mrgreen:
fndom
Newly Registered

Postby pixelfetish8 » Wed Feb 11, 2015 12:15 pm

Hi all!

this is a message to make you all know we are still alive and working hard, yes this is tanking long, really long, we know it, at the beguinning this project born being something simple but how more time past more and more bigger and better we try to do it, the additon of the world map in the game is more than a simple feature it is taking and will take some time to do but it will bring to us a new world of possivilityes in the gameplay area, is not ony a huge world to explore is also a new feature it will allow us to have more features we never had before, we already working in a lot of ideas to enrich the world and make this project something unique, something with its own taste.

so... why are we so secretive? why we dont spend more time explaining the game lore and development stuff?
well basically is because i personally want to be very cautious, lots of projects die before see light and this is a long therm project, one thing i hate is see all people hopes and ilusion hurt, i dont want to play with peoples feelings so in my personal opinion i want to wait until we have the core code works for the game, once we have it we can focus on seondary features and i think it will be ok to beguin to share with you more details, i really hope this can continue going on and make all feel happy with the result, we are all working hard on it in our free time putting all our will in it :3

this days in the writting section we are triying tho sinish to fill all the world map biomes/terrains with sexy events, our goal is put something sexy in all places: the mutant swamp, the road, the rad deset... you will see how much diferent kinds of terrains you will se in the game and how unique are all of they. once we finish with the basic world map the writting works will focus to Central City, the main place of the game, whyle the world map focus on mutants, monsters and a more postapocaliptic ambience, the Central City is a place with more cyberpunk looking, more focused on gangs, bandits and kinky peole.

about the code works, we are mainly focused in the world map, it will take some months to complete, player movement, block pass tiles... yes is not cool wait i know but our coders do all they can, complex things always needs time, code is something we still have a lot to do i really want to have a demo with the remade sewers map XP
i personally need to say special thanks to thewronghands to make this project alive again, he is our hero : )

about art, well art never was a problem i think we reached the 200 character sprites, lots of items of all kinds are also done i need to finish a couple of images for places like the mutant swamp, red forest deepwoods and the nuclear whinter zone (provisional name) but the art of the game is already mostly done, we even have the necesary visual stuff for do 26 diferent kind of terrains (floor and wall tilesets and some furniture) still not 100% finished since we are always improving them and making the color pallette better
pixelfetish8

Postby TheWrongHands » Wed Feb 11, 2015 10:11 pm

Also we could use someone who knows how to make good 2D orthogonal maps as that i don't think anyone currently on the project does.
We've started using a 3rd party map editor called "Tiled" which can be found here: http://www.mapeditor.org/

If your interested in giving it a shot, please let pixel know, thank you :D
Current Projects:
http://projectseedsphanes.blogspot.com/

Previous Projects:
TheWrongHands

Postby neetsamurai » Fri Mar 06, 2015 2:18 pm

This game is looking quite amazing. I love how it's a text-based RPG but with a bit of sprite art in it. I would loooove to see some scenes involving the sex itself, like a picture with sprites, doesn't have to be animated at all, but i'm guessing it would be a bit time-consuming to add for each combination of race/gender/weight characters... if anything, you could dumb it down a bit. But yeah, even without all that, it's a really great game all in all!
neetsamurai

Postby sigdelequa » Tue Sep 08, 2015 7:18 pm

Is development still continuing?
sigdelequa

Postby johnnyarrow » Wed Jul 20, 2016 3:53 pm

Please tell me you guys are just wrist(s) deep into development. This project has so much potential!
johnnyarrow

Postby Ungawa » Sun Jul 31, 2016 10:29 pm

johnnyarrow Wrote:Please tell me you guys are just wrist(s) deep into development. This project has so much potential!

Looks like it's a dead project. Everyone is away and not looking into it.

Rather unfortunate... The potential is lost as people moved away and the look and feel really could use a touchup...
Ungawa

Postby johnnyarrow » Mon Aug 01, 2016 5:05 am

Oh such is life. Woe for the bell has tolled for such an innocent soul! What tragedy has god set upon the life of but a babe smothered in its crib! Doth though truly need the spirit of such wondrous art for thine collection of graves?! Cursed is the great divinity that would smother the creative heart.
johnnyarrow

Postby adudewhoshere » Wed Apr 05, 2017 5:46 am

Does anyone know where you can get the sprites from the original project?
adudewhoshere
Newly Registered

Postby Tomidomino » Fri May 11, 2018 8:11 am

I have been following this game since it first popped up, I wonder why the developer just stopped and ghosted? I hope the developer will come back one day and continue it or at least let someone else work on it.
Tomidomino
Newly Registered

Previous

Return to Gangs n' Whores