Deviant Adventures(Firehead)

Forum for publicly viewable but closed-group role-playing.

Re: Deviant Adventures(Firehead)

Postby Sallin_Kari » Mon Jun 14, 2021 1:08 am

Deciding caution is the better part of valor, you go to sleep. Nekothra cuddles up with you for the night.
~~~
Next day you wake up nice and early, and after a nice breakfast, you are left to decide what you want to do. Obviously you want to explore, but randomly, or do you have some plan for this? Well that is there anything you want to do before.
Random person in the comments section of a random hentai manga- "Now I am ashamed of myself."
Me- "Posh, shame is for fools and people with friends... we need no such things, we have the internet."
Sallin_Kari

Postby Firehead » Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:08 am

I leaned into Nekothra as I drifted off to sleep feeling comfortable with his warmth and strength so close as I slept.

Waking well-rested the next morning, I considered how I was going to handle things this morning. I figured wandering at random wasn't going to be the best option as I'd tried that already. Once I was done eating, I cleared my throat getting Lorthin's attention. "So you're going to be gone for a bit, and I don't want to just be on a mission or hanging around here all the time, so I was hoping you could help me out. Any areas of the city you could recommend I check out for recreation, or anyone else that could give me suggestions?"
Firehead

Postby Sallin_Kari » Mon Jun 21, 2021 1:50 am

"Recreational or more adventurer related? There is a maintained garden near by I can point you to, but if you want to practice or get training, I will have to take some time," He points out.
Random person in the comments section of a random hentai manga- "Now I am ashamed of myself."
Me- "Posh, shame is for fools and people with friends... we need no such things, we have the internet."
Sallin_Kari

Postby Firehead » Mon Jun 21, 2021 3:45 am

"I could do with a bit of both. Some places I could unwind; take Nekothra out, so he's not cooped up all the time; and some places we could practice would be good. I can do a bit of looking myself too, but I thought you might know the town a bit yourself. I'll definitely look into that garden."
Firehead

Postby Sallin_Kari » Mon Jun 21, 2021 4:17 am

"What are you interested in training? Magic, archery, more close quarters training, or perhaps you are looking to trying to improve your beast taming? Perhaps adding a new beast?" He asks, mentally jotting down notes as he begins planning.
Sallin_Kari

Postby Firehead » Tue Jun 22, 2021 4:06 am

I consider his question a moment, "I certainly want to keep working on my magic, and I guess I've never thought about it, but it might be nice to have a second pet to fight alongside."
Firehead

Postby Sallin_Kari » Thu Jun 24, 2021 1:41 am

"Well, I will put together a list of people I know that could help and referrals. You will need to come up with an idea of what kind of beast you want to tame. What is it's role and what is it good at. From there he should be able to guide you on what to look for and how to get it," he explains, idly pulling out some paper and ink.
Sallin_Kari

Postby Firehead » Fri Jun 25, 2021 2:37 am

I consider what kind of companion I could want to train to provide me the most benefit. "Perhaps some kind of mount would be best. A beast to keep me out of reach of my enemies while I support Nekothra to the best of my abilities." Considering that idea further, one particular idea did strike me. "It would be interesting to get airborne if possible. Though I'd need practice, so I don't fall off from a great height if I did that."
Firehead

Postby Sallin_Kari » Fri Jun 25, 2021 4:38 am

"I'm no monster tamer so I could very well be mistaken, but it sounds like you want a gryphon, which are not cheap creatures to get, or tame," He says, musing, "The expert might know better."
Sallin_Kari

Postby Firehead » Sat Jun 26, 2021 3:17 am

I nod, "Thank you, I'll take that into consideration. I guess I could wait on taking on another monster if it turns out to be too expensive. Do you know off hand who I could talk to?"
Firehead

Postby Sallin_Kari » Sun Jun 27, 2021 6:59 pm

"Yes, but Richtor isn't someone you just find. He's... nomadic by nature, but I have a few ways to track him down. Once I do, I'll tell you," He explains, "Shouldn't take more then a day or two."
Sallin_Kari

Postby Firehead » Mon Jun 28, 2021 3:03 am

I nod, "Thanks, I'll go ahead and check out that garden now and take a walk. Is there anything helpful I could do while I'm out?" Once I had his answer, I went to grab Nekothra. "C'mon Neko, we're going for a walk."
Firehead

Postby Sallin_Kari » Mon Jun 28, 2021 11:50 pm

"No, I don't think there is anything that needs to done," He answers, scribbling notes. Nekothra, who was having a little nap after his snack, stretches out and yawns as he slowly comes to your side. Your walk is uneventful until you witness the 'garden' in the distance. It's more like the deep forest! It takes up a whole block, with high walls enclosing it, and even from a distance, you can tell how lush and dense it is! You've not seen such things since you left home!
Sallin_Kari

Postby Firehead » Tue Jun 29, 2021 4:22 am

Nodding, I take my leave to check out the garden. I was a bit surprised to see that it looked more like a forest than a garden. The walls around it were especially strange as if someone was trying to keep the city from encroaching on the forest rather than the other way around like I'd seen in some of the human settlements on my way here. Perhaps some people here recognized how wonderful a forest could be. Now a bit more excited along with curiosity, I approached closer looking for an entryway through the wall.
Firehead

Postby Sallin_Kari » Wed Jun 30, 2021 4:06 am

There seems to be a single entrance on each side. Entering you see a small booth with a rather bored looking human male seated behind it. He perks up at your approach, "Ah, uh, welcome. I uh, guess you want entrance? That'll be five copper."
Sallin_Kari

Postby Firehead » Fri Jul 02, 2021 2:12 am

My curiosity about the guy in the booth turned to surprise when it appeared he was charging a fee for access to this garden. Having grown up near the woods it seemed strange to restrict access, but it wasn't too expensive, and there wasn't much nature around here. "Sure," I say as I check to see how much money I have.
Firehead

Postby Sallin_Kari » Fri Jul 02, 2021 6:32 am

Your coinbag is quite heavy, full of silver, and even a few gold from your past mission. In fact you're having some trouble finding copper. Still you hand them over and he opens the gate. Entering, you can't help but gasp in delight as you realize this is actually modeled after an elven forest! You recognize almost all the flora and even some small fauna, and the nostalgia warms your heart. You reminisce about the home you left not that long ago, until you realize someone has approached. Turning you realize it is a mature elven female was waiting for you to finish. "It's always nice to see a new elf visit," She smiles.
Spoiler (click to show/hide):

Sallin_Kari

Postby Firehead » Sat Jul 03, 2021 3:41 am

Working around, I found the coins. I really needed a way to separate my silver from my less common coinage to make it easier to find what I needed quickly. Paying the fee, I stepped in surprised to find it was an honest to gods elven forest like I'd stepped back to my home village. With what I was seeing around me, it wasn't too surprising to see another, older elf. From the look of her garb, it seemed likely she was some kind of warden to this forest. "Oh, is this your grove? I have to admit this is much better than what I expected when Lorthin told me about this garden. I'm Dalia, and you are?" She quickly curtsied the older woman.
Firehead

Postby Sallin_Kari » Sat Jul 03, 2021 4:41 am

Spoiler (click to show/hide):

Just a note. While to a human eye she doesn't really look old, to an elf, she'd be the equivalent of a sixty year old. Early elderly, not quite to the point you'd consider them infirm, but you certainly give them deference. In terms of years, that'd but her at around 3-4 centuries old.

"I have taken to the task to tend it, yes," She says with a nod, "Lilara is my name, and I appreciate your approval. It was once a simple garden. Just a little project to remind me of home, but it grew over the years to be my home, and a reminder for many elves that pass through here. Though it does still get referred to as 'the garden' from when it was first made. Unfortunately, living in human lands does still require coinage, but I hope the fee isn't too steep." She pauses to look you over, "So you are Lorthin's new protegee?" She tilts her head, shifting her attention to Nekothra, who has decided to take the opportunity to lie in some soft undergrowth, clearly enjoying the feeling of home as much as you are. "Beast tamer... a rare talent... No wonder you caught his eye."
Sallin_Kari

Postby Firehead » Sun Jul 04, 2021 3:44 am

I nod to the elder elf. "I must admit I was a bit surprised to see there was a fee tied to entry, but it certainly wasn't a great deal of money. Nekothra certainly seems to appreciate this place after being away from home for the better part of a week." I nodded over to my companion who had taken to making himself comfortable in the space that was so reminiscent of home. I blushed a little embarrassed when she mentioned my taming. "I don't know about that. It took a lot of time working with him, but he was very eager to please once I got his trust." I thought a moment fondly of his early training while doing my best not to focus on what my words meant with regards to our more recent interactions. "Is Lorthin really that discerning?"
Firehead

PreviousNext

Return to Private Games