Deviant Adventures(Firehead)

Forum for publicly viewable but closed-group role-playing.

Re: Deviant Adventures(Firehead)

Postby Firehead » Fri Jul 23, 2021 1:44 am

Smelling the scent and seeing the plants and flasks, I figured that this place likely dealt in some form of alchemy. It actually seemed a bit dirtier than I expected. The proprietor seemed to be preoccupied with his work, so I waited patiently for him to finish up in case I might interrupt something important.
Firehead

Postby Sallin_Kari » Sat Jul 24, 2021 6:36 am

The potion keeps bubbling for a while, slightly changing colors as he takes notes. Finally it settles down, and he similar settles down with the notes. Picking up the potion he pauses, his head cocking towards you, "Oh... A customer... Sorry, I was... experimenting," He disposes of the potion before turning his attention back to you, "I do appreciate that you didn't interrupt. Most just interject themselves... and then complain should the mixture explodes... Oh... yes, how can I help you?"
Random person in the comments section of a random hentai manga- "Now I am ashamed of myself."
Me- "Posh, shame is for fools and people with friends... we need no such things, we have the internet."
Sallin_Kari

Postby Firehead » Mon Jul 26, 2021 12:03 am

"Well, with how intensely you were concentrating, it felt rude to interrupt. I'm not really sure how you can help me though. I must admit, I'm doing a bit of exploring of the city and stumbled upon your shop back here. It's kind of out of the way, so I was a bit curious what kind of magical wares there were in a shop tucked all the way back here. Do a lot of people even know this place exists?" I took a look about at some of the nearby items.
Firehead

Postby Sallin_Kari » Mon Jul 26, 2021 3:09 am

"Enough people to fund my endeavors," He says uninterestedly, instead filing away his notes, "As for what kind of wares I have, a number of alchemical mixtures and magic brews for a wide variety of situations... and the base components to make them yourself should you be so inclined." Indeed there are entire racks of tightly packed potion vials in the shelves of all kinds... including some completely colorless ones. There are also so... more violent options in the flasks of acid and alchemical fire.
Random person in the comments section of a random hentai manga- "Now I am ashamed of myself."
Me- "Posh, shame is for fools and people with friends... we need no such things, we have the internet."
Sallin_Kari

Postby Firehead » Wed Jul 28, 2021 1:29 am

"I'm not really skilled in alchemy myself, so I can't really make use of the ingredients themselves." I tended to prefer to attack from afar with my magic and didn't have much of a throwing arm either, so the violent options didn't seem like my thing either. "What kind of stuff do you have for practical use around the house?" Perhaps there was something useful I could pick up that would be nice for Lothar after everything he'd done to watch over me so far.
Firehead

Postby Sallin_Kari » Wed Jul 28, 2021 2:02 am

He lets out an audiable hmm as he thinks. He goes over some cleaning solutions, glues for repairs, and some medicine before adding, "Even have some contraceptive potions, or an abortion potion should that pregnancy be unwanted."
Sallin_Kari

Postby Firehead » Fri Jul 30, 2021 1:39 am

I look over the first few not really seeing anything of note only to be caught off guard by his last statement. Considering what I was going to be doing at the brothel, it might be good to have a few contraceptive potions on hand. I was suddenly reminded of noticing my stomach a little bloated a few days ago. Subtly, I rubbed my hand over my stomach wondering if I really did have a bulge that might suggest I'd gotten myself pregnant.
Firehead

Postby Sallin_Kari » Fri Jul 30, 2021 1:58 am

Touching it reveals it is indeed larger... undeniably so. When? How? Who? Why is it already so large? You recall the blessing you have received... does it... does it make it take only this long?
Sallin_Kari

Postby Firehead » Sun Aug 01, 2021 3:43 am

I considered the possibilities. I had spent the day in the brothel, but that was after I'd initially noticed the bulge. That left the Orc or that Dusk Stalker neither of which seemed like something I wanted to be giving birth to. Even though he sold these as his job, I was still a bit embarrassed about needing those particular potions, but if I was going to get an abortion potion, the contraceptive potions weren't going to make me more abashed. "H-How much for these kinds?"
Firehead

Postby Sallin_Kari » Sun Aug 01, 2021 5:05 pm

You do recall a stipulation that contraceptives are to be provided while you are working at the brothel, but it probably wouldn't be a bad idea to have a few for anything that happens outside of that. "15 silver for the abortion. 3 silver for contraceptive," He explains.
Sallin_Kari

Postby Firehead » Tue Aug 03, 2021 4:04 am

Not having to purchase for my brothel work was a load off my mind, but with how much had happened involving monsters, including Nekothra, it was probably prudent to have a few on hand. "I'll take one abortion and three of the contraceptive." I reached in to pull out the 24 silver for the purchase glad he didn't appear judgemental though he probably sold a lot of these.
Firehead

Postby Sallin_Kari » Fri Aug 06, 2021 12:06 am

He nods, quickly producing the potions, slipping them in a cheap wooden case to protect them as well as giving you a bit of privacy on the contents, before adeptly taking your coins, counting them into four even piles, before putting them away. "Thank you for your patronage. Is there anything else I can help you with?"
Sallin_Kari

Postby Firehead » Fri Aug 06, 2021 3:29 am

Taking the case, I'm glad to see how discreet it is. "Thank you, I think that's everything I need. It was nice to meet you." With her transaction concluded, I decided we'd explored enough for now. "C'mon Neko, I think it's about time we were getting back. Giving him one last wave, I made my way out.
Firehead

Postby Sallin_Kari » Mon Aug 16, 2021 9:49 pm

He pauses at that, "Ah, right... Meet..." He pauses to slap himself on the forehead, "My name is Tarkas, it is nice to meet you." Despite the pleasant tone, and offer his hand, his words clearly were just a result of practice drilled into him.
Sallin_Kari

Postby Firehead » Wed Aug 18, 2021 3:17 am

I was a bit surprised at how rehearsed his greeting came off as like it was something he'd had to practice many times before. It seemed a little disingenuine, but it didn't seem like he was hiding anything nefarious, so I figured he was just socially awkward rather than trying anything underhanded. Paying his awkwardness no mind, I returned his smile taking the offered hand. "How rude of me. Sorry, My name is Dalia. I'm a bit new to the city."
Firehead

Postby Sallin_Kari » Wed Aug 18, 2021 11:27 pm

It does seem like he cares very little for social interaction, so he probably must practice even the basics. He nods, "I am relatively new as well. Certainly not long enough for me to be considered something other then 'That alchemist in the alley.' Well, I suppose it doesn't really matter. "
Sallin_Kari

Postby Firehead » Fri Aug 20, 2021 2:35 am

I nodded deciding not to comment on how the shop being in an alley is pretty noteworthy for its strangeness, but I figured he had heard enough about that from others that he was probably sick of it. "Well, I'll get out of your hair then." With that, I went ahead and headed back to the suite and let Lorthin know I hadn't accidentally gotten enslaved again.
Firehead

Postby Sallin_Kari » Fri Aug 20, 2021 10:42 pm

Spoiler (click to show/hide):

Well... at least she is aware of it.

He nods and you go happily on your way. As you enter the adventurers guild, you hearing shouting and cursing, and quickly spot a drow female who must be at least five centuries old dressing down the same clerk whom you registered with. You notice another drow female, much younger, probably only a decade or two older then yourself, seemingly trying to squeeze herself between two pillars in embarrassment. Getting close you manage to make out what the drow is saying over the background muttering, "Back in my day, males like you would know your place! You think just because we lost the war I'm going to bend down and like the boot of the inferior gender! If we were back home, I'd teach your body the error of your ways!"
"Ma'am... we're not in your home, and here we have rules. Whether you like them or not, you must follow them as long as you are here," The clerk replies firmly, clearly unaffected by the screaming.

Matron

Young Drow
Sallin_Kari

Postby Firehead » Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:00 am

I was surprised to see the older drow woman making a scene right in the guild's front desk. I hadn't had much experience with drow beside Lorthin, but to call him less...intense than this woman would seem a massive understatement from what I could see here. I apparently wasn't the only one that thought that considering the much younger, though still a decade my senior drow trying her best to go unnoticed. I was amazed at how the clerk remaining cool under her verbal assault. I considered just ignoring it and heading up to Lorthin's suite, but I was too curious. The woman's gaze was a bit too withering for me to consider interrupting the 'discussion', so I approached the other drow. I'd also never seen other drow but Lorthin in town, so I couldn't dismiss the thought that this might involve him in some way. I just hoped I was jumping to conclusions. "Umm, excuse me, do you know what's going on here?"
Firehead

Postby Sallin_Kari » Mon Aug 23, 2021 1:31 am

She jumps as you call out to her, but recovers quickly, looking you over for a moment before responding. "Well... She wished to register with the guild, and was asked for proof of permission from a male... She was raised before the drow unification with the Empire, and men served women there, so she took this as a personal offense," She explained, with a pained smile.
Sallin_Kari

PreviousNext

Return to Private Games