Deviant Adventures(Firehead)

Forum for publicly viewable but closed-group role-playing.

Re: Deviant Adventures(Firehead)

Postby Firehead » Tue Sep 28, 2021 2:14 am

I shrug, "You'd know her better than me. I couldn't say anything about what she looks for in the appearance of a man."
Firehead

Postby Sallin_Kari » Tue Sep 28, 2021 4:38 am

"Well Lorthin is a fine specimen of man meat... Still, I haven't seen her attempt to... 'flirt' very often. I imagine being rebuked for centuries will do that to a woman," She points out before chuckling at her grandmother's plight. Still your contemplation is cut to an end as Lorthin returns with sour face... even for him, as his eye clearly wander while in thought. He silently returns to his chair, grabbing a tool... seemingly only to flip and roll it in his hand.
Random person in the comments section of a random hentai manga- "Now I am ashamed of myself."
Me- "Posh, shame is for fools and people with friends... we need no such things, we have the internet."
Sallin_Kari

Postby Firehead » Thu Sep 30, 2021 1:49 am

I chuckle along at the impromptu bout of gossiping we were doing. I hadn't really gotten to know many people let alone girls my own age, so it was nice to have such a conversation. I turned to see Lorthin a bit surprised to see the mood he appeared to be in. Either the information he'd gotten was much worse than what Bazara had told us, or her Grandmother's view of men had caused some serious friction. I was about to speak up, but his focus made me hesitate, but I swallowed it down not wanting to just sit here in uncomfortable silence. "Is everything okay, Lorthin?"
Firehead

Postby Sallin_Kari » Thu Sep 30, 2021 6:25 am

He pauses for a moment at your question, giving the tool another twirl before answering, "Perhaps not. As Bazara probably told you, not all the Grave-knights were confirmed dead, and the behavior of the undead is highly suspicions... The chances of it being controlled by one of the Grave-knights is not unlikely. It seems I will need to investigate it personally..."
Random person in the comments section of a random hentai manga- "Now I am ashamed of myself."
Me- "Posh, shame is for fools and people with friends... we need no such things, we have the internet."
Sallin_Kari

Postby Firehead » Fri Oct 01, 2021 12:05 am

I nod as he tells me about the situation. In spite of the fact that two dark elves had come to the city specifically to investigate, Lorthin made it sound like he was obligated to take care of it himself. "Is this going to interfere with your trip back to the Underdark?" He'd seemed like he was looking forward to it which could be part of the reason. "I mean Bazara and her grandmother came here to investigate it."
Firehead

Postby Sallin_Kari » Fri Oct 01, 2021 2:43 am

Spoiler (click to show/hide):

Remember the undead was spotted outside a drow city in the underdark.

"Uh... no we didn't," Bazara interjects, "We're here to relay information with the surface, and in the case of an emergency marshal, help with coordinating it. The investigation is happening back home by other people."
"Well, my trip has become to investigate this," Lorthin states firmly, "If there is a grave-knight active... I want to know about it, and preferably before they begin trying to topple cities."
Sallin_Kari

Postby Firehead » Sat Oct 02, 2021 5:08 pm

I'd gotten the impression that Lorthin had been looking forward to this trip back, but seemed to feel obligated to turn the trip into work. There wasn't much I could think to do, but I felt I should at least offer to help him then. "Well, since you're going there to work now, you can take me along if I wouldn't be intruding." If mages were the best way to deal with these things, I figured it was the least I could do after everything Lorthin had already done for me.
Firehead

Postby Sallin_Kari » Tue Oct 05, 2021 12:10 am

"No, the Underdark isn't like the wilderness here," Lorthin immediately rejected your offer, "I am not about to take a pregnant woman there."
Sallin_Kari

Postby Firehead » Tue Oct 05, 2021 12:46 am

I shrunk back not expecting him to reject me so forcefully. I really didn't know what the Underdark was like, but I trusted Lorthin's judgment, so I didn't question him. "Alright, just thought I'd offer."
Firehead

Postby Sallin_Kari » Thu Oct 14, 2021 10:03 pm

Lorthin sighs before continues on, "Bazara, I acquired a room across the hall from us for you and your... Traveling companion."
She smirks and adds, "If I'm that close I might as well stay in here, right?"
"I have been things to do then be constantly lectured by an arrogant hag. She is your burden to deal with," Is the rebuke.
Sallin_Kari

Postby Firehead » Sat Oct 16, 2021 4:26 am

I held back a smirk when Bazara took Lorthin's message about her and her grandmother's living arrangements as an opening to hit on him again. In spite of him shutting her down earlier, she didn't seem in the least bit dissuaded. She noted a bit of venom in his words about the matriarch. "She did seem pretty overbearing at the front desk."
Firehead

Postby Sallin_Kari » Sat Oct 16, 2021 5:05 am

"Insufferably so. Women like her are the reason why the Drow were nearly wiped out," Lorthin spits. Bazara seems surprised by that, "Really? I didn't think she was that bad."
"Her obsession with status and respect is exactly why they are driven to gamble with such dangerous things as creating the grave-knights. Those that did endlessly bragged about their accomplishments, while jealously guarding knowledge of any weakness or how they were created so no one else can undermine or compete for their status and power they garnered."
Sallin_Kari

Postby Firehead » Sun Oct 17, 2021 12:56 am

Lorthin was continuing to get agitated by the topic of the matriarch, so I felt like it might be good to change the subject. "Let's just simmer down. It sounds like she lost a lot of standing for her part and getting mad about it won't deal with the problem itself." She looked around a bit trying to find something to lighten the mood. "Oh, that garden was really wonderful, and I got to meet this wonderful groundkeeper that told me a bit about it. They even have a dryad tree though it's unoccupied at the moment."
Firehead

Postby Sallin_Kari » Sun Oct 17, 2021 10:21 pm

"Yeah... the entire house was dissolved," Bazara adds at her grandmother losing standing. Luckily though, Lorthin does bite on you change of subject, "Oh? I hadn't heard about that... I have never seen a dryad tree, but I had heard legends... It might be worth visiting at some point."
Sallin_Kari

Postby Firehead » Tue Oct 19, 2021 12:48 am

"Yeah, I never got to see the one by my home up close, so it was a good experience though I'm sure it would be even better if they ever find a Dryad to occupy it. I can't really imagine a dryad in the city though, so I'm not sure if they'll ever find one to live there."
Firehead

Postby Sallin_Kari » Sun Oct 24, 2021 10:44 pm

"It would certainly be unlikely for one to just wander in," Lorthin agrees, "Though if the garden is as nice as you say, one might be able to convince a dryad. As long as their home is neat, I imagine they won't care about what surrounds that too much."
Sallin_Kari

Postby Firehead » Tue Oct 26, 2021 1:04 am

"Yes, the only problem then is locating a Dryad without a home and convincing them to come to the city. Not really something where I'd even know where to begin looking, but we could keep an eye out for any jobs that might offer a chance."
Firehead

Postby Sallin_Kari » Wed Oct 27, 2021 4:45 am

"Perhaps... but it is difficult to convince a dryad of anything in my understanding. They are... an unpredictable sort, so it is hard to judge what they will do," Lorthin adds. Poor Bazara is just tapping her thighs as she clearly has no knowledge and little interest in dryads.
Sallin_Kari

Postby Firehead » Sat Oct 30, 2021 3:11 am

"I have to admit, I didn't interact with my local dryad, so I'm not particularly familiar with how they are." Feeling that topic had run its course, I figured another change was in order. "So what are we having tonight?"
Firehead

Postby Sallin_Kari » Mon Nov 01, 2021 10:09 pm

"I have yet to meet a dryad, but I have read several accounts of them, and what stands out is... eccentricity," Lorthin adds, before sighs, "I am sorry, but I am in a bit of a... foul mood. I do not feel like making anything fanciful, though if you wish to take over, I would be more than happy to concede."
Bazara perks up at this, before sliding next to you, "That's alright. The two of us can cook tonight, right?" She turns to you as she clearly plans something... though knowing her it probably involves trying to impress Lorthin.
Sallin_Kari

PreviousNext

Return to Private Games