Deviant Adventures(Firehead)

Forum for publicly viewable but closed-group role-playing.

Re: Deviant Adventures(Firehead)

Postby Firehead » Tue Nov 02, 2021 12:49 am

Before I could even respond to Lorthin asking if I'd be interested in preparing tonight's meal, Bazara cut in though it seemed she had ulterior motives for it. Considering his excellent cooking, I wasn't sure impressing him with her cooking wouldn't be quite as easy as she expected. "Sure, leave it to us. We might as well get started." I led my new companion over to the kitchen having a look at what's available. "Before we get started, his cooking is very good, so it might be harder than you expect to compete with it."
Firehead

Postby Sallin_Kari » Sun Nov 07, 2021 8:19 pm

Her confidence seems shook after your reveal of Lorthin's skill, but as always she refused to be dissuaded, "Then I have my work cut out for me... Does he have a favorite food?"
Random person in the comments section of a random hentai manga- "Now I am ashamed of myself."
Me- "Posh, shame is for fools and people with friends... we need no such things, we have the internet."
Sallin_Kari

Postby Firehead » Tue Nov 09, 2021 2:40 am

I thought a moment, "Can't really think of any foods he considers his favorite, but he does like to spice things with Umberwoot." Looking around, I sought what ingredients were available to cook with.
Firehead

Postby Sallin_Kari » Wed Nov 10, 2021 3:18 am

"Umberwoot... okay... yeah I can work with that," She says, seemingly announcing it to convince herself. Looking around you find plenty of vegetables, some fruit and nuts, and... some flour? Smelling it reveals a nutty smell. Must be what he used to make that pastry he made for you after your brief imprisonment at the brothel.
Random person in the comments section of a random hentai manga- "Now I am ashamed of myself."
Me- "Posh, shame is for fools and people with friends... we need no such things, we have the internet."
Sallin_Kari

Postby Firehead » Fri Nov 12, 2021 3:16 am

Looking over the available food, I consider the possibilities. "I'm thinking a salad. Mix in a bit of fruit for sweetness and some nuts for crunch." I looked over the flour thinking, but if I had some nuts in the salad it wouldn't make much sense to add another nutty flavor to the mix. "What do you think?"
Firehead

Postby Sallin_Kari » Fri Nov 12, 2021 9:33 pm

She pauses for a long moment before asks, "What's a salad?" Ah right... leafy greens wouldn't be a thing in the underdark. She does have an idea for the flour though, suggesting to bread fruit and fry them in a pan.
Sallin_Kari

Postby Firehead » Tue Nov 16, 2021 1:42 am

"Oh, I guess you don't have that. It's just a collection of vegetables. Though you can add other things, the vegetables are the main ingredient." I nod at her suggestion. "That sounds good. I'll forgo fruit in the salad if we're going to have that in the breading, but the nuts will be a good addition."
Firehead

Postby Sallin_Kari » Tue Nov 16, 2021 9:18 pm

"Well I have no idea what I'd be doing, so I'll leave the salad to you," She nods, "I'll go for the desert then." She begins making a coating out of the nut flour, mixing in quite a few spices, before breading a selection of fruit, as she continues, "So just this salad and these fried fruit? Did we want to make anything else?"
Sallin_Kari

Postby Firehead » Sat Nov 20, 2021 4:53 am

"Sure, have at it." I thought a moment. So far we had a salad and breaded fruit for dessert. "Let me take another look at the vegetables. Maybe we have something suitable for a nice stew to warm us up after a long day."
Firehead

Postby Sallin_Kari » Sat Nov 20, 2021 6:15 am

You do find a large amount of vegetables and roots that would be suitable for a stew, if you don't mind only vegetables.
Sallin_Kari

Postby Firehead » Tue Nov 23, 2021 3:31 am

Looking over the options, I figure beets and onions would make a decent mix for a stew. A little rabbit or venison would be nice, but I didn't think we had any of either at the moment. I looked at the window to see if it was too late to make a run to the market.
Firehead

Postby Sallin_Kari » Tue Nov 23, 2021 3:46 am

It looks to be around 5pm. You still have time since the market isn't far around.
Sallin_Kari

Postby Firehead » Sat Nov 27, 2021 12:48 am

Looking at the time, I realize there's time, but it isn't much time if I want this cooked. "I'm going to go pick up some meat for a stew real quick. Go ahead and get started on the dessert."
Firehead

Postby Sallin_Kari » Wed Dec 01, 2021 7:00 pm

Bazara nods, and you head out quickly, Nekothra quickly getting up to follow you. You quickly find a butcher still open, and quickly find out that you have a wide selection of meat available. Beef, chicken, and pork, but also wild boar, deer, rabbit, and pheasant are available.
Sallin_Kari

Postby Firehead » Fri Dec 03, 2021 1:11 am

I was glad to see I had a wide selection, so I wouldn't need to go searching through multiple stalls for what I needed. Looking over the selection, I was certainly leaning towards my initial desire of deer or rabbit. Looking them over, I attempted to discern their quality before asking. "How much would one of these run me?"
Firehead

Postby Sallin_Kari » Tue Dec 07, 2021 6:50 am

They seems to be decent enough. Not as good as a fresh kill that your father use to bring in just before dinner, but good enough. The rabbit is cheaper, being a handful of copper, while a similar size of deer would run you about a silver. You could afford both quite easily.
Sallin_Kari

Postby Firehead » Wed Dec 08, 2021 2:16 am

Seeing the choice, it's not as fresh as I'm used to, but that's probably a result of how late it was. Taking a look, I decided the deer looked a little tastier even if it was a bit more expensive. I did have lots of cash at the moment after all, so I could afford to splurge. "I'll take a bit of this, please."
Firehead

Postby Sallin_Kari » Tue Dec 14, 2021 3:51 am

It does occur to you that it is unlikely for the butcher to hunt the food in the morning only to cut it up and sell it, so there is probably a chain of supply here that necessitates a certain amount of time. Regardless, he quickly hacks the part out with practiced speed and grace, wrapping it in wax paper to keep the juices from dripping, before exchanging it for coin. "Have a good day," the man mutters, clearly ready to close up shop.
Sallin_Kari

Postby Firehead » Tue Dec 14, 2021 2:20 pm

Seeing that he was ready to close up shop for the night, she decided it was best to keep the pleasantries to a minimum. "Thank you, and have a good evening yourself." Putting her money and the package away, she quickly headed out from the stall looking to return home. She needed to get the stew cooking quickly, so it would be ready in time for dinner. The salad could be prepped once that was taken care of.
Firehead

Postby Sallin_Kari » Sat Dec 25, 2021 6:08 am

Bazara is still at work with the desert, having made a breading that she is currently crumbling into little tiny pieces to coat the fruit in.
Sallin_Kari

PreviousNext

Return to Private Games