Deviant Adventures(Firehead)

Forum for publicly viewable but closed-group role-playing.

Deviant Adventures(Firehead)

Postby Sallin_Kari » Sun Apr 19, 2020 12:22 pm

Name: Dalia Renald
Race: Wood Elf

Appearance: https://chan.sankakucomplex.com/post/show/7354376
Bio:
Spoiler (click to show/hide):

Dalia always had a deep connection with nature spending much time in the woods when she was a young child speaking to any animals she could wave down. It was during a walk through these forests where she stumbled on the dead body of a Displacer Beast finding its child mourning her death. She took the creature raising it in secret and training it to be her companion. When her parents learned of this they were not happy, but they relented when her young pet saved her from a rabid wolf one day.

Her father, being a retired adventurer, she also spent many a night listening to daring stories of his exploits fueling a desire to become and adventurer herself and have adventurers of her own. She was never comfortable harming people though, so she focused her attention on protecting those who could fight certain she would be recognized even if she wasn't the one fighting directly.

On her 17th birthday, however, she was overwhelmed suddenly falling to her knees and moaning out. A shaman looking her over discovered she was blessed by the Goddess of Beauty, Lust, and Motherhood. Such women were sought after as wives, concubines, and even whores for powerful men. Such a thing should be cause for celebration, but not for Dalia. She wanted to be an adventurer, and she planned to do so no matter what. Before her family could spread word of this to those who might choose to consider her 'their woman' she fled her home. She knew her parents wanted what they thought best for her, but she wanted this too much to just become some man's arm candy no matter what position or wealth they may hold.

You finally made it here! The adventurer's guild! It's just like how your father described it. In excitement you rush into it, only to be greeted by a potent wave of salt and beer. Recoiling slightly from the pungent scent you notice everyone turn toward you, interest turning to apprehension as they notice your pet follow you in. You feel him brush against your leg so you can tell he's not as excited as you to be here. Reaching over you scratch his ears to calm him down which in turn reassures the adventurers that you have the beast under control, but their attention is still focused on you as you make your way to the receptionist desk. The clerk, a man in his late thirties with his left leg replaced with a simple wooden stake, glances up at you with through his small brass circular glasses a dreary look in his eyes. With a tone of rehearsed professionalism he asks with a worn smile, "How my I help you ma'am?"
Random person in the comments section of a random hentai manga- "Now I am ashamed of myself."
Me- "Posh, shame is for fools and people with friends... we need no such things, we have the internet."
Sallin_Kari

Re: Deviant Adventures(Firehead)

Postby Firehead » Mon Apr 20, 2020 2:23 am

I clenched my fists in excitement as I stood before the building I had been waiting to see with my own eyes for most of my life. It was too much to bear before I ran to close the remaining distance and threw open the door. I was caught off guard by the odor which my father had never mentioned but figured I would get used to it with time even if it was mildly unpleasant. Feeling my pet, Nekothra, brush against me, I realized he was a bit agitated, so I stroked an ear soothingly only see him to my other side, so I looked like I was stroking the empty air. He must be particularly worried if he's displacing like that. Perhaps he just needed to get used to such a large urban area. "Calm down, boy," I told him before striding up to the counter confidently nodding as the man asked what I needed from him. "Yes, I'm looking to join the guild as an adventurer today." I showed my excitement with a broad smile as I waited to be welcomed into the guild.
Firehead

Postby Sallin_Kari » Mon Apr 20, 2020 10:33 am

The clerk glances at you, examining you with disapproval. After a long moment he finally states, "Female adventurers need a male guarantor." That's... a problem. With how you left you doubt you could get in contact with your father to help you out... Even if he would which you doubt you could convince him to do. He's always such a worrywart. As you are mulling over this, you feel a hand on your shoulder, slightly pushing you aside and slightly back as a man cuts into the conversation, "I'll guarantee her." You are caught off guard by the fact he's a dark elf. Your people have had a long rivalry with his but in recent years it has grown cold and blood is no longer spilt in the name of it, but that doesn't mean grudges have faded.
Spoiler (click to show/hide):

"Lorthin..." The clerk response with a hint of concern underneath the inquisitive tone.
"You surely aren't going to say I don't have the standing or the skill to mentor a rookie," He forcefully responds.
"No, but... why?" Is the sheepish response.
"She's tamed a displacer beast. Are you going to claim that she has no skill to be nurtured?"
The clerk stutters unable to come up with a counter argument. Using the opening he turns to you,
"What about you? If you party with me you can be an adventurer. If not... Well, you can try your luck with finding another guarantor."
Random person in the comments section of a random hentai manga- "Now I am ashamed of myself."
Me- "Posh, shame is for fools and people with friends... we need no such things, we have the internet."
Sallin_Kari

Postby Firehead » Wed Apr 22, 2020 3:49 am

I wasn't exactly thrilled at the disapproval in his eye showing how little he thought of me already even though we'd only just met. Just like so many people, he was underestimating me before he even knew me. Then I heard I would need a male guarantor. After how I'd left home I couldn't just rush back home in need of help so soon, and I didn't know anyone else outside of my village that I could possibly go to. I stood there silent as I wracked my brain for what I could do while I look for a guarantor though one seemed to just rush in in the nick of time. I turned to the man surprised to see a dark elf, but the fact that he took the effort to at least realize I'd tamed Nekothra did make me feel a bit better about it.

She wasn't really sure what the guy behind the counter was so concerned about, but if this guy was going to give her possibly her only chance to prove herself, she was going to take it. "Sure, I can work with you Lorthin. My name is Dalia, and this big boy here is Nekothra." I introduced myself and my pet trying to be friendly even if his race made me a bit uncomfortable. It was only right I overlook his race if he was going to overlook mine and my gender.
Firehead

Postby Sallin_Kari » Thu Apr 23, 2020 10:29 pm

He shakes your hand giving you a curt nod, "Lorthin Blackguard." The clerk signs, before handing you some paperwork. Mostly just to register you and a paper telling you all the various nasty things that can happen to you, and how they will take no responsibility for them should they befall you. He leads you to his booth on the second level, looking over the entrance way, to let you sit down as you fill out what you need. After ordering some food and a drink he turns to you, "So what brings you out here? Most wood elves don't like leave their trees behind."
Sallin_Kari

Postby Firehead » Fri Apr 24, 2020 2:16 am

I accepted his hand glad that the clerk seemed ready to give in and let me sign up. I'd make sure and prove myself as that would be the best way of getting back at him for doubting me. I barely even glossed over the list of things that could happen certain it was just standard stuff and most of it probably didn't even happen, but they needed to be sure. I noded when Lorthin asked about my reason for joining as I signed the last line. "My father adventured out of this guild, so I wanted to have my own adventures. He's always been a bit of a worrywart, so I couldn't tell him I was coming. If it were up to him, I'd have never raised Nekothra from a kitten." My hand moved to rub at my pet's head.
Firehead

Postby Sallin_Kari » Sun Apr 26, 2020 1:10 am

"Strange to think he's adventurous enough to leave his home yet close-minded to prevent you from following in his footsteps," He comments stroking his chin in thought, "Guess if that is the case we'll need to get you some basic equipment." Actually you already thought of it, though you can't blame him for not knowing. Your father's armor didn't fit so you left it behind, but the rest you stored in his magic bag. It's not like he was using it anyways.
Sallin_Kari

Postby Firehead » Sun Apr 26, 2020 4:25 am

I freeze as he mentions my father's action being weird deciding not to correct him in case he might change his mind about guaranteeing me if he knew my parents had not approved me even leaving the village. However, I would probably need to correct him on one thing. "Actually, I'm not sure there's much I need. My father's been retired for a while, but he keeps his stuff in pretty good condition out of habit. I figured he wouldn't be needing it, and even if he wouldn't approve of me doing this, he'd approve even less of me doing it ill-prepared." She pulled the magic bag from her back opening it to show the many supplies she had at the ready.
Firehead

Postby Sallin_Kari » Sun Apr 26, 2020 4:37 am

He raises an eyebrow at the many things you produce, taking a few of the pieces and running his fingers over them. He stops on a small compass-like item, "Looks like he's very accomplished adventurer in his time. Still, doesn't look like you have a suit of armor." He places the item down in front of you, "Something light will probably serve you better. Still no reason to rush. We just need to get that done before we head out into the wilds."
Sallin_Kari

Postby Firehead » Mon Apr 27, 2020 3:25 pm

"Ah, I wasn't really sure how accomplished since I had nothing to compare his stories to, but it did make me want to experience it all myself." She shrugged when he mentioned armor. "My father's stuff was pretty heavy-duty, and I was never anywhere near as strong as him. I'm more the support from the back type which is why I brought Nekothra with me to keep the front line handled, but if you think I'll still need armor, I'll just have to put my trust in your expertise. Just keep it something light."
Firehead

Postby Sallin_Kari » Mon Apr 27, 2020 3:34 pm

"That was the impression I got, but let's be frank. What you're wearing now won't last long enough for us to even encounter a monster. You need either some leather or durable clothes in order to be pushing through brush, even if you don't want to take the leap to armor," He points out, "As it stands, you'd be wearing ribbons by the time we came across a monster. A cloak might be enough if you want to travel as light as possible."
Sallin_Kari

Postby Firehead » Tue Apr 28, 2020 2:40 am

I looked down at my clothes unaware of just how little they'd survive even traveling. It was my favorite outfit too. "Yeah, I don't really want these getting damaged, so I definitely want something more durable. I'm not unwilling to try armor, but my dad's stuff was very heavy duty, and I would hardly be able to walk with all of that weight on me. Please, take me somewhere I can try some stuff that's easier to move in. I'm in your hands." I nodded my head in a slight bow putting my faith in this guy to guide me as I got my bearings.
Firehead

Postby Sallin_Kari » Tue Apr 28, 2020 4:02 am

"I must admit to be somewhat impressed. Most underestimate the difficulties of traveling in armor. They were armor to heavy for them and think it's fine. Half an hour later their shoulders start hurting. Two hours they won't stop complaining. Four hours they collapse from exhaustion. Guess the daughter of a seasoned adventurer learns a few things," He comments while glancing over his mug. His eyes trace over your clothes with utmost care, "What is that made out of? Silk? Comfortable I imagine, but not exactly survivable. I'm sure we can find a cotton dress, and a cloak. Maybe some leather bracers and jerkin." While he certainly seems knowledgeable he's a pretty rough character. He's even openly licking his lips as over his food. Poor manners over all.
Sallin_Kari

Postby Firehead » Tue Apr 28, 2020 9:38 pm

I blush as he lets me know I've impressed him. "Well, I only know because I've made that mistake before. When I was smaller, I tried exploring the woods with just my father's helmet. It seemed light enough on its own at first, but it did start bothering my neck after a while." I shiver a bit as I see his gaze and the way he licks his lips. His gaze seemed to remind me of that of a predator for some reason, and I couldn't quite put my finger on why. "Well then, it sounds like I have a bit of a shopping list. I'm feeling a bit anxious now, so I'd like to get started as soon as we can if that's alright with you." I squirmed a bit in my seat showing how antsy I was getting at the moment, but who could blame me when my goal was so close I could practically taste it.
Firehead

Postby Sallin_Kari » Tue Apr 28, 2020 10:00 pm

He lets out a laugh as you recall your childhood folly, "Isn't that adorable."

"Hmm... I was planning on getting started tomorrow but I can look for a task we can complete. You'll have to buy your armor in the meantime or we'll risking coming back during the night when more dangerous creatures are active," He explains before adding, "Oh and drop off the paperwork before you leave."
Sallin_Kari

Postby Firehead » Wed Apr 29, 2020 7:27 pm

She blushed a bit as he considered her youthful indiscretions adorable, but he quickly got down to business. "Alright, I'll leave it up to you to pick my opening mission while I get some more appropriate attire." She quickly hopped up heading over to the reception desk. "Here's my paperwork, and I need some directions. I need some good rugged clothing and some armor on the lighter side. Where would be the best place to get suited up around here?"
Firehead

Postby Sallin_Kari » Wed Apr 29, 2020 8:36 pm

The clerk sighs, before taking your paperwork, "Sounds like you need a tailor more than an armorer. There is a good one geared towards adventurers on the other side of the square. Run by a gal name Lucy." He draws up a simply map for you, waiting until you grab it to ask in a hushed tone, the map still held firm between his fingers, "Are you sure about this? Things may end very badly for you."
Sallin_Kari

Postby Firehead » Thu Apr 30, 2020 2:18 am

She nods as the clerk lets her know of a tailor that can get her what she'll need. It was even fortunate that it turned out that the tailor was a woman as well. "Yes, that sounds like it should work out very well." Reaching for the map, she was a bit surprised to hear him whisper to her as if trying to dissuade her from this. She was half tempted to just take the map and walk away without saying anything, but she didn't want it to tear. "Yes, I'm sure. I've been looking forward to this since I was little."
Firehead

Postby Sallin_Kari » Thu Apr 30, 2020 2:46 am

"Then don't say I didn't warn you when things turn out poorly for you," He says, shaking his head as he lets go of the paper, leaving you to go to the tailor. The map is at least easy to follow and you enter to be greeted by a joyous older woman. You aren't great at judging the ages of humans but you can spot a handful of grey hairs strewn through her simple bun. She looks like she might have been pretty when she was younger, but wears a utilitarian dress with an apron full of pockets with various tools and thread poking out.
Sallin_Kari

Postby Firehead » Thu Apr 30, 2020 4:24 pm

I huff as he gives me his last warning. "Sure, I'll keep that in mind. Thank you for your concern." I really didn't get why he was just so insistent that something was going to go wrong, at least more wrong than things tend to get for adventurers. I strengthened my resolve to become a great adventurer, so I could show him and any other naysayers that I could be great if someone would just give me the chance. With map in hand, I headed to the tailor I'd been instructed. She was a bit older than I expected though I was never good at judging human ages, but I knew better than to bring up such a human's age. "Hello ma'am, I heard you were did tailoring for adventurers. I need some more rugged clothing, and I'm thinking about some light armor to go with it."
Firehead

Next

Return to Private Games