Winterfell's Trap Heir [Sallin_Kari]

Forum for publicly viewable but closed-group role-playing.

Re: Winterfell's Trap Heir [Sallin_Kari]

Postby Firehead » Tue Apr 13, 2021 1:56 am

Looking over what wasn't being prepared for your guests, you could see a variety of local delicacies and in greater quantities. Whoever she was entertaining, they were not foreign.
Firehead

Postby Sallin_Kari » Wed Apr 14, 2021 6:50 am

Oh poor sister. She loathes the arrogance of local nobles. I hope she can keep her temper under control. Still, with my curiosity sated, and my order underway, I move back to the hall, for the final preparations and to greet them once they arrive.
Random person in the comments section of a random hentai manga- "Now I am ashamed of myself."
Me- "Posh, shame is for fools and people with friends... we need no such things, we have the internet."
Sallin_Kari

Postby Firehead » Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:46 am

Returning, you find that things are finally starting to shape up which turns out to be just in time as a messenger shows up to let you know that the delegation had just arrived. It was made up of a diplomat and a handful of attendants. Most had begun to settle into quarters your mother had prepared beforehand, but the diplomat and his personal guards were on their way.
Firehead

Postby Sallin_Kari » Mon Apr 19, 2021 10:33 pm

Show time. I approach the diplomat and curtsy with a bow, "Welcome to our kingdom! I am Princess Raalis Winters, and I am delighted to be given the duty of entertaining you."
Random person in the comments section of a random hentai manga- "Now I am ashamed of myself."
Me- "Posh, shame is for fools and people with friends... we need no such things, we have the internet."
Sallin_Kari

Postby Firehead » Tue Apr 20, 2021 11:09 pm

The male in front is slight of frame with a very bright blue. He gives you a wink and a bow allowing his tail feathers to frame him. "A pleasure to make your acquaintance, Princess. I am Victreon de La Shen, Son of the Duke of Scirea. These are my personal bodyguards, Oreon and Narasil." The two body guards nod having the general air of bodyguards who are remaining alert while not looking too on edge while being hosted. Both of them are athletic with darker plumage than their charge.

Firehead

Postby Sallin_Kari » Fri Apr 23, 2021 12:58 am

I'm... surprised. My first impressions of Victoreon de La Shen is he is perhaps the only male as effeminate as me I've ever met. Disregarding the thought, "I am honored to make your acquaintance." I approach, sparing his bodyguards a glance. I'm a bit surprised at the difference between him and his male bodyguard. Perhaps a sub-species like how the Raivald Clan's heritage is likely from a different type of dragon? Regardless I daintily hold out my hand for him, so I can begin showing him around as I look him over for any lapses in grooming, as per the information I had gathered.
Sallin_Kari

Postby Firehead » Sat Apr 24, 2021 1:59 am

He accepts your offered hand giving it a kiss before falling in step beside you as you lead him. "I must say I am a little confused. I was told I would be greeted by the queen. I hope everything is alright." Looking him over as he follows you, it takes a while to notice what he's done. One or two feathers on his shoulder look somewhat ragged. If they preen like regular birds, you would have expected him to have removed it.
Firehead

Postby Sallin_Kari » Tue Apr 27, 2021 4:40 am

Well I am too. Mother didn't tell me any reason for why this would happen, nor anyone else! Still best not drag our guests into personal matters. Giving him a diplomatic smile, I explain away his concerns, "I'm afraid something urgent occurred last moment, and the Queen delegated this meeting to me. I hope that is alright with you?" I wait for his answer before pausing, I step close, speaking in a quiet tone, as if I don't want anyone, even his bodyguards to overhear as I lightly pat down the feather in order to temporarily hide them, 'lest I shame him, "I don't mean to be rude, but I can't help but notice you do have a few feathers that look... unkempt. If you want I can show you to private room you can tidy up in."
Sallin_Kari

Postby Firehead » Thu Apr 29, 2021 2:50 am

He nods his head. "That should be fine. It can be such a nuisance when something unfortunate happens suddenly. I'll be mindful of how difficult that can make things."

He smirks as you do your best to hide his poor grooming. "Thank you for your consideration, but that won't be necessary." Without looking, he plucks the offending feathers and flicks them out the first window he passes. "Glad to see someone with a keen eye. I lost count of how many of your castle's staff let me walk right by without the slightest awareness. Good grooming is so important."

"Would you happen to have some food prepared? The road has left me a bit peckish if I'm honest."
Firehead

Postby Sallin_Kari » Thu May 06, 2021 4:08 am

Good, he didn't take offense at my mother's absence. I nod at his removal of the feather and gives him a wry smirk, "Yes well, you must when any misplaced hair could be taken as a sign of impiety against our beloved Selyssah."

At his mention of food I nod with a smile, snapping to get a servants attention and signalling for him to bring in the food, 'Ah yes of course. I must say I am grateful for your craving since I could use a bite to eat myself."
Sallin_Kari

Postby Firehead » Fri May 07, 2021 7:47 pm

He nods when you mention Selyssah. "Yes, your Goddess of beauty." He seems to mull something over as you call for the food to be provided but doesn't seem to mention anything until the two of you are seated to eat, and the servants have retreated. He signals the two guards who back away enough that they probably couldn't hear anything but remain close enough they could still rapidly respond should a threat present itself. "I was hoping for a bit of a more personal agreement just between the two of us. Just to speak more candidly when it's just to two of us without taking offence. This would, of course, extend both ways."
Firehead

Postby Sallin_Kari » Mon May 10, 2021 5:16 am

I raise my eyebrow at this, as it certainly is an unusual request to ask a princess during your first meeting. Regardless my curiosity gets the better of me, and after working my way through the candied fruit I was eating when he asked, I reply, "I suppose I wouldn't mind. It is tiring to be constantly monitoring your words 'lest they be used against you by an unscrupulous and uncharitable individual who has let their greed get the better of them, and the scandal chasers that enable them."
Sallin_Kari

Postby Firehead » Tue May 11, 2021 8:21 pm

He nods, "Thank you, I find it so much easier to be closer to someone I can be honest with. I don't know if you know this, but in my homeland, the things that make your people view you as a feminine woman would be seen as masculine. A man should be dainty and fair. He should learn a trade that spreads beauty in the world while his strong wife protects the nest and children." He stops a moment taking a bite of fruit. "I hope, for the sake of diplomacy, that we can come to understand each other more fully."
Firehead

Postby Sallin_Kari » Wed May 12, 2021 7:20 am

I cover my mouth as I chuckle, before retorting, "Selyssah recognized beauty it all its forms, however many forget this, and try to decree which kinds are valid. I find it quite ugly for a mortal to try to decide for a goddess," With that I take a sip of tea, before adding, "And I too hope we can come to understand each other perfectly. Harmony is so much more beautiful then endless bickering... Don't you agree?"
Sallin_Kari

Postby Firehead » Thu May 13, 2021 2:25 am

"Yes, harmony can be so much more pleasant than bickering." He puts a claw under his beak giving your words some thought. "I see, so your goddess sees it that way, but if your people forget that part of the teaching, can it really be considered a part of your culture? Your Goddess guides you through her teachings, but it is people that put those teachings into practice and build a culture around them."
Firehead

Postby Sallin_Kari » Thu May 13, 2021 2:39 am

"Perhaps but I do not place much value in culture. After all what is the epitome of culture? It's the fads. The catchy song of the day. The brand of perfume that everyone needs. A new article of fashion. The new favorite toy of a child," I pause as I finish my thoughts, "It is a fickle thing. Changes with the weather. But our beautiful mother's teachings remain to guide us back on the right course in time."
Sallin_Kari

Postby Firehead » Sat May 15, 2021 1:45 am

He smirks, "This is why I like this kind of rapport. I'd never hear something like this in polite conversation." He finishes the last bite of an orange before continuing. "Yes, people can be so fickle, but that certainly makes them more interesting. The gods are ancient, and they will outlive us all and be unchanging long after we've died, but people always change. Tomorrow, next week, next year. There's always something different to see from them." He stops for a moment catching himself. "Sorry for the wild tangent."
Firehead

Postby Sallin_Kari » Fri May 21, 2021 11:23 pm

"Of course not. That would require them to admitting fault," I mention as he pauses. His following perspective is... interesting but I struggle to come up with a response so graciously take his closing of the subject, "It is of no concern. A unique perspective to be sure, but you certainly didn't come all the way here just for to share your thoughts on people."
Sallin_Kari

Postby Firehead » Sat May 22, 2021 3:27 am

He nods, "Yes, it is probably best we deal with business. We have begun investing in a fleet of shipping vessels. Trying to see if we can keep a little more of the profits for our exports by shipping them ourselves. Unfortunately, the few attempts to get them to sea have seen them beset by pirates seeing an easy target in our fledgling vessels manned by inexperienced crew."
Firehead

Postby Sallin_Kari » Sat May 22, 2021 3:44 am

My interest is immediately peaked. Solving this issue will indebted Aurians, giving them a vested interest in supporting my bid for the throne, as well as increase the economic strength of both a close ally and, in the likely case a portion of this trade come our way, ourselves. That latter matter would be best handled by the help I brought along. Time to bring them in. "I must admit, I do not know much of the obstacles in the... day to day of traveling merchants so I fear that beyond broad strokes, I may not be able to offer an answer, however I have invited a few nobles from the Raivald who might be able to help us come up with a solution. If I may call them?" I pause waiting for the affirmation before calling for the two siblings and inform them of what we are discussing.
Sallin_Kari

PreviousNext

Return to Private Games