Winterfell's Trap Heir [Sallin_Kari]

Forum for publicly viewable but closed-group role-playing.

Re: Winterfell's Trap Heir [Sallin_Kari]

Postby Firehead » Mon Mar 22, 2021 1:17 am

Quickly getting to work, you sent people scattering to get the preparations you had in mind for the arrival of the foreign delegation. It took some time to find enough people that you felt comfortable as you encountered some that already had tasks to keep them busy probably for whatever task your mother had left for your sister. It wouldn't be fantastic, but it would be something. With most of the preparations completed, you go ahead and check if anyone would be interested in keeping conversations going with the avians. You do hear of one family that has significant trade with them importing down for some of the more luxurious bedding in the kingdom.
Firehead

Postby Sallin_Kari » Tue Mar 23, 2021 4:03 am

Excellent. Trade is a wonderful lubricant for any friction between two nations. And it also helps that they have someone else to talk to besides just me. Gives me moments to withdraw and recompose myself if necessary. Best to extend the invitation personally though.
Random person in the comments section of a random hentai manga- "Now I am ashamed of myself."
Me- "Posh, shame is for fools and people with friends... we need no such things, we have the internet."
Sallin_Kari

Postby Firehead » Thu Mar 25, 2021 2:09 am

Heading over, you see the people about and recognize which family this is. It's one of the older families, but they're considered a bit of an outlier. Where the others are cool and calm, the Raivald family is bold and quick to act. That combined with their tendency towards fiery red hair led to rumors that their family draws their blood back from more fiery dragons. You're stopped by a girl about your age. "Oh, to what do we owe the pleasure of a visit from the Princess herself?"
Firehead

Postby Sallin_Kari » Fri Mar 26, 2021 11:22 pm

I give her a smile, before answer, "I have been given the pleasure of greeting the Aurialan delegation arriving today. It has come to my attention that your family would have a vested interest in attending, so I would like to formally offer an invitation to join."
Random person in the comments section of a random hentai manga- "Now I am ashamed of myself."
Me- "Posh, shame is for fools and people with friends... we need no such things, we have the internet."
Sallin_Kari

Postby Firehead » Sat Mar 27, 2021 10:00 pm

She smirks, "Oh yes, we do trade for a lot of down for them. I'd be happy to accompany you." She stops, thinking a moment. "Would you mind if I bring someone? My dear brother would be most happy to come along and help provide company."
Firehead

Postby Sallin_Kari » Sun Mar 28, 2021 4:46 am

"Oh that is not a problem. Invite whom ever of your family you think would be needed there," I give her a smile granting her leave to send out her invitations.
Sallin_Kari

Postby Firehead » Mon Mar 29, 2021 2:56 am

She gives you a curtsy, "Thank you, your highness. I'll be off to fetch my brother post haste. Will you wait here for us, or should we meet you elsewhere?"
Firehead

Postby Sallin_Kari » Mon Mar 29, 2021 3:06 am

"I do still need to complete preparations. I'm using the Great Hall to receive them, so meet me there once you are ready," I explain, returning the curtsy as a sign of respect for her assistance. With that done I need to continue making sure everything is on schedule.
Sallin_Kari

Postby Firehead » Mon Mar 29, 2021 11:33 pm

She nods, "Of course, we'll be there post haste." With that, she turns and runs off looking around shouting, "Hey Reg, get your butt over here; I got something for you." This leaves you to head over to the Great Hall. As you arrive, you find that someone had managed to find some large streamers that could be hung around the room in both blue and green.
Firehead

Postby Sallin_Kari » Fri Apr 02, 2021 6:28 am

Noting how she calls after her brother I can't help but draw similarities to how my own sister treats me, leading me to wonder if that's how all sisters treat their brothers. With my... unusual arrangements I could not be certain how common it was. Regardless, I need to get back to work. I do manage to acquire some streamers with will have to suffice. How much I loathe making preparations with little time. Regardless, I move to ensure the refreshments, snacks and music is properly organized.
Sallin_Kari

Postby Firehead » Sat Apr 03, 2021 5:05 am

You go about getting people to go ahead and set up. It's not great, but it's good for the little time you had to prepare. Just as you are finishing up, you see the woman from before enter the chamber followed by a rather large fellow though it's hard not to notice that for his size he seems rather...meek. "Greeting Princess, I managed to find my brother." The large guy gives a sudden bow after hearing his sister call out to you. "Greetings your highness, I'm honored to help you entertain guests."

Firehead

Postby Sallin_Kari » Sat Apr 03, 2021 5:27 am

I give the man, who reminds me strongly of a stereotypical blacksmith for some reason, a gently smile a small nod, "Thank you for your assistance. The delegation should be here within the hour, so I will have to rely on your two's expertise in this matter, as I never had the pleasure of hosting them before. I have prepared the basics, from my understanding, but would appreciate a few eyes familiar with them to look over and see if there are any obvious omissions or anything out of place." I explain the basics of what I prepare, especially the music, to see if they have any last minute adjustments I need to make.
Sallin_Kari

Postby Firehead » Sun Apr 04, 2021 12:53 am

Seeing the band the brother gets an idea pulling out a couple of scroll cases. "This song's pretty popular right now. They've been playing it in their royal court daily for almost a month now." He hands them to you. "You'll need to rework the band though. It almost entirely strings and woodwinds." The sister smiles. "My brothers a bit of an oaf, but he's good with details. Do you have some backups players for that? I could round up a few in a pinch if it's necessary."
Firehead

Postby Sallin_Kari » Sun Apr 04, 2021 5:44 am

I look over the song, trying to see what instruments are used, "It shouldn't be a problem." The Royal family keeps many musicians on staff for practically every conceivable instrument, and many have taken to learn multiple, both in their quest of mastering the beauty of music, and to maximize their value to the Royal family, and thus their compensation.
Sallin_Kari

Postby Firehead » Mon Apr 05, 2021 11:51 pm

The song appears to use a couple of violin parts along with flute and piccolo. It uses the cello for the baseline, so it isn't anything too out there. "Fair enough, I'll leave you to organize your orchestra then. Anything, in particular, you want us to do before they arrive?"
Firehead

Postby Sallin_Kari » Wed Apr 07, 2021 5:55 pm

I pause as I consider her question, before replying, "I feel like you would know better then I, so I will rely on your expertise." It is always good to let your subordinates have opportunities to prove themselves. Both to earn respect, and to gauge their commitment/abilities.
Sallin_Kari

Postby Firehead » Thu Apr 08, 2021 2:30 am

She gives you another curtsy, "Consider it done, your highness." She goes heads over to the group starting to move the streamers directing them to hang the blues from the rafters and the greens from the walls while the brother sets about organizing the orchestra.
Firehead

Postby Sallin_Kari » Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:36 pm

Good. With them busying themselves, I go to check on the food, to make sure it is on time and proper quality.
Sallin_Kari

Postby Firehead » Sat Apr 10, 2021 3:20 am

The kitchen was in full swing as you entered, and it wasn't just your orders that had them in such a state giving you the impression your sister had put in similar rush orders. The head chef was ordering people about keeping them in a flurry of activity.
Firehead

Postby Sallin_Kari » Sun Apr 11, 2021 8:44 am

While it would be inelegant to run interference, that doesn't preclude curiosity, so I take a peek at what my sister dearest is preparing and seeing if I can see a theme to parse out what she is doing.
Sallin_Kari

PreviousNext

Return to Private Games