Winterfell's Trap Heir [Sallin_Kari]

Forum for publicly viewable but closed-group role-playing.

Re: Winterfell's Trap Heir [Sallin_Kari]

Postby Firehead » Tue Jul 14, 2020 12:29 am

She gives you a slight smack to the shoulder keeping a smile. "Can't a girl just want a chance to catch up with a dear ol' friend they haven't seen in a while." She takes another bite of tart as her demeanor turns a bit more serious. "Of course, there are important matters to discuss, but you know how my Mother gets if she thinks I'm doing things behind her back."
Firehead

Postby Sallin_Kari » Tue Jul 14, 2020 4:52 pm

"Didn't I send your family a message I'd be coming over after court? Why not wait until then?" I inquire, not fully buying she was just here to see me. Perhaps she wanted to talk with me away from her parents, sure, but she's not saying that.
Random person in the comments section of a random hentai manga- "Now I am ashamed of myself."
Me- "Posh, shame is for fools and people with friends... we need no such things, we have the internet."
Sallin_Kari

Postby Firehead » Wed Jul 15, 2020 12:13 am

"Well yes, but I assumed once you got there, the conversation would be overtaken by politics and troop movements." She sighs stirring her drink a little before continuing. "I just thought that as a good friend, it would be nice to catch up and reminisce without serious matters getting in the way."
Firehead

Postby Sallin_Kari » Wed Jul 15, 2020 11:00 am

"I hope they won't," I sigh, rolling my eyes, "Because troop movements are just so interesting. Still, fair enough. Let's start with how you've been. Your mother has been causing you problems, but what else has been going on since we last met?"
Random person in the comments section of a random hentai manga- "Now I am ashamed of myself."
Me- "Posh, shame is for fools and people with friends... we need no such things, we have the internet."
Sallin_Kari

Postby Firehead » Thu Jul 16, 2020 3:57 am

"Well, Mother finally let me go out with our troops just last year. Father's kept insisting I need to at least get a little experience in the realities of scouting and patrols, and I'm just glad for the chance to get out of the house for a couple of days each month."
Firehead

Postby Sallin_Kari » Thu Jul 16, 2020 2:44 pm

"I understand that feeling. It's the same with my trips to the city, even if I'm basically surround by armor at all times," I sigh, thinking of all the restrictions I have, most of which aren't even my mother's. The guard captain is very... insistent, and mother defers to her so she doesn't have to deal with the nagging. Still, I have no idea what the patrols entail, and my curiosity pours out, "Do you ever get to go to the city, or towns? Or is in the wilderness elusively? Have you ever run into bandits or monsters?"
Sallin_Kari

Postby Firehead » Sat Jul 18, 2020 4:08 am

"I know the feeling. It's very obvious that the patrols and scouting parties I'm with are larger than are usually used. As for towns and bandits. Mother actually prefers me in towns rather than wandering the countryside. As for bandits and monsters, I have had a few chances to deal with them. In both cases though I'm usually assigned to backup or holding a perimeter in case something should try to escape. How has your training been? I've heard word you're quite the healer now. I always got the impression you weere uncomfortable with injuries, but you were always so determined."
Firehead

Postby Sallin_Kari » Sat Jul 18, 2020 2:09 pm

"Well, if I don't heal the injuries they'll still be there, no? Simply retreating won't actually make that discomfort disappear," I comment, explaining the mindset I repeated to myself so many times to deal with the blood and gore, "It's not exactly fun being exposed to diseased wounds, but I've managed to help a lot of people, and their utter joy certainly makes up for the upset stomach."
Sallin_Kari

Postby Firehead » Sun Jul 19, 2020 4:42 am

She smiles, "It's very valiant regardless of the reasons." She almost starts to look more somber. "Actual patroling is so much different from the endless training. I've actually had to attack people knowing that if I didn't go for the kill, they would. It was a sobering experience to be honest, but I always thought of you trying to heal wounds that made you uncomfortable."
Firehead

Postby Sallin_Kari » Sun Jul 19, 2020 9:27 pm

I'm embarrassed to have her sing my virtues, trying to deflect, "No, I think you putting your life on the line to keep the country safe is far more impressive. I'd never be able to do that."
Sallin_Kari

Postby Firehead » Sun Jul 19, 2020 11:43 pm

She also seemed rather nervous about the praise. "It's nothing really, and as I said, I'd probably not have been able to do it if not for remembering you." The door suddenly opens and a guard steps in. "Princess, the Queen is asking for you. She's ready to reconvene Court."
Firehead

Postby Sallin_Kari » Mon Jul 20, 2020 4:18 pm

I open my mouth to retort once again when the door opens. Nodding to to guard I stand up, "Thank you. Tell her I will be there shortly," Before turning to Celeswyn, "I'm afraid we must call it here. It was lovely to see you again. Hopefully our next meeting will be sooner rather then later."
Sallin_Kari

Postby Firehead » Tue Jul 21, 2020 1:36 am

She nods, "Yes, Mother will be expecting me to be by her side aswell." She stands up taking one last bite of her tart. "Yes, I'll see you when you come to talk with my family later." With that, the two of you go your seperate ways to your respective families.
Firehead

Postby Sallin_Kari » Tue Jul 21, 2020 3:20 am

I nod, "I will see you then." With that settled I head back to mom, slightly worried she wants to make the second half more exciting.
Sallin_Kari

Postby Firehead » Tue Jul 21, 2020 3:12 pm

When you arrive, you find your mother and sister conversing, so at least she can't cause any trouble unless your sister were going to be in on it. "Ah Raalis, welcome back. I hear you met with an old friend."
Firehead

Postby Sallin_Kari » Tue Jul 21, 2020 9:34 pm

"Yes. Celeswyn came to visit me. How she grew surprised me," I comment, before moving, "So anything interesting happen while I was distracted?"
Sallin_Kari

Postby Firehead » Tue Jul 21, 2020 11:16 pm

Your mother smiles, "And I'm sure you surprised her, too. You have changed a lot yourself since the last time the two of you were down there. As for anything interesting, not really. The two of us were just gossiping while we waited for you. Come, let's get this over with."
Firehead

Postby Sallin_Kari » Tue Jul 21, 2020 11:26 pm

I nod, following them back into the court, trying to suppress as sigh. Hopefully an opportunity to escape the nobles will present itself.
Sallin_Kari

Postby Firehead » Wed Jul 22, 2020 3:42 am

As you enter the chambers, you expect things to go as always. All eyes are on the three of you, but you're almost certain more of them are guaging you and your sister now. It starts off nice enough with a couple of gifts that your mother would swear stank of social lubricant, but things go a bit sideways suddenly as a guard rushes into the chambers falling to his knees a bit out of breath as he takes a bow to your mother. "Your highness, a large crowd has formed at the gate." Your mother expression remains neutral as the guard continues his report. "For now, they are only chanting their support of Princess Raalis, but the crowd is getting thicker and some people are getting crowded right up against the gate."
Firehead

Postby Sallin_Kari » Wed Jul 22, 2020 7:04 pm

I pause, looking at mother, not sure how she would respond. While I want to go and sooth the crowd, I can't do that without mother's allowance. Still, I am touched by their show of admiration, even if it is disruptive. Though I am a bit curious on how they organized so quickly. The announcement was made yesterday, and the public is hardly up to date on court matters. Perhaps someone actively spread it? It could simply be that the first commoner that heard it thought it important to spread, but it also could be the source of outside meddling. The former isn't a problem, but if it is the later, then I want to know who and why.
Sallin_Kari

PreviousNext

Return to Private Games