Orchid Thief (Kura)

Forum for publicly viewable but closed-group role-playing.

Orchid Thief (Kura)

Postby exalted » Mon Oct 14, 2019 1:13 pm

Spoiler (click to show/hide):

Name: Leslie Mekio
Appearance:

Bio
Son of a Japanese father and an American mother, Leslie hasn't always been the manliest sort, getting more of his looks from his mother than his father. Chief of which has been his hair, which has even as he got older necessitated at least the use of a hair clip to keep it out of his face. A bit of a nerd and weirdo by most of his peers at school for mostly preferring cooking, painting, and even dancing to a lesser extent than other activities most guys followed. This lead to him not really having many friends and being a bit of a recluse, not helped by his rather overprotective mother.

Once he graduated, he headed off to a college in the big city nearby, where he found things to be rather different than his small town life had accustomed himself to. It was especially weird to be sharing a room with a girl, as the college had only Co-ed dorms

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmM40TErdT4

The start of Rock of Ages plays on the monitor before you as the hot and sweaty bus rumbles on still, hitting the infinitive bump that rattles your already numbed spine from being curled up in your seat for far too long. But you are close and getting closer with every second, just like Sherrie in the film, getting farther and farther away from that tiny hic town and those dumb jocks and... hopefully not having to deal with street walkers or police brutality like Sherrie in the film and.... maybe Pitch Perfect would have been a better film for watch for the last leg.

Regardless of which film you watch the barren, harsh, academic and artistic wasteland outside the bus slowly rolls by and you see the outline of the city start to take shape and your attention becomes glued to the metropolis outside instead. Shops, restaurants and caffees stream past, filling your head with all sorts of romatic dreams of learning and academia as the bus starts to pull onto campus.

The final leg to your dorms seems to last forever as you squirm impatiently on your seat, possessions clutched white knuckled to your chest in excitement. This is it, no more cows, no more morons who couldn't understand you or dump jocks to pick on you. You rush from your seat to be the first off as the bus finally pulls to the stop, the doors clattering open as the first whiff of fresh bohemian air teases your nostrils... and your world explodes into pain.

Blackness and pain, pain and blackness... but soon voices...

"Shit! I think you broke his nose!"

"I didn't break shit! Look, it's not broken..."

PAIN! SCREAMING VIOLENT ANGRY PAIN! Your eyes start to flicker open...

"See, it's just a bit bloody but.... look he's fine, he's coming around, Coach said that blackouts are only bad if they last longer than..."

"Dude, you totally Marcia Brady'd him"

"Shut up"

Opening your eyes fully you see yourself looking up at the sky, a moment later the cold dampness from the grass soaking into your back hits you and see a figure looming over you

Spoiler (click to show/hide):

"Hey, you okay?" She asks, "You should really duck when someone shouts heads up... mannn, you got blood and snot all over my ball"
exalted

Re: Orchid Thief (Kura)

Postby Kuragari » Mon Oct 14, 2019 1:38 pm

Leslie groaned, head spinning... this... this had not been what he had been expecting when he came off the bus. Pain, screaming... it was almost as if he hadn't left home, which kinda struck at him almost as badly as the pain was. His eyes were starting to water a bit even as he tried to figure out what was going on as he finally made out the shape of a girl standing over him.

"Wha- I... all I was doing was getting off the bus?" He almost wanted to ask why they felt he deserved this, but it almost sounded like it'd been an accident... still... some anger managed to well up a bit as he spat out "W-Why the hell were you throwing a ball near the bus? T-That's just asking to get someone hurt!"
Kuragari

Postby exalted » Mon Oct 14, 2019 1:54 pm

Sitting up, you feel a flood of blood and snot pour from your nose, your ruined sinuses slurring your words awkwardly as you try to rail back at the woman. Your face and nose throbs with agony but if you gingerly touch it you feel, through the jolts of searing fire and lightning, that it is not broken and probably just swollen, red and bleeding.

"A gentlemen would have apologized for making a mess," the girl huffs as she stands up and looms over you.

She quickly turns and slips through the growing half circle of people crowding around you. Through their legs you see her scoop up her bag and things and head off with a group of people. The throng of people around you slowly starts to disperse as it becomes clear you are all right, to obvious disappoint of some in the crowd. Quickly gathering your things back up before someone steps on them or something goes missing, you hear another huffing sound behind you and realize everyone else you pushed past on the bus is still waiting to get off.

Looking around you can see the entrance to your dorm over the sea of heads of the milling students, you'll need to check in eventually but you could put it off if you wanted. You can smell the a strange mix of cooking foods on the wind that seems to be coming from large courtyard between libraries and students in seem to be handing out fliers for different clubs. That area seems even busier than here but in the other direction you see one of the college libraries that seems to be almost deserted, a quaint little cafe on the ground floor. Of course there was also all the other buildings to explore so you could start figuring out where your classes were.
exalted

Postby Kuragari » Mon Oct 14, 2019 2:02 pm

"Hey! Your the one who made the mess! What kind of girl throws a ball at someone and blames THEM for getting blood on their ball? Its your fault I'm in pain!" Leslie calls out with a bit of a growl, the incredulousness of her words being too much for him. He nearly stomps off after her, but grumbles and sniffles a bit as he tries to stop the bleeding... maybe college was going to wind up being just like high school...

"Sure, huff, your not the ones who took some ball to the face and am bleeding everywhere..." Leslie grumbled, looking at the ground darkly once he had has things and making for his dorm. As interesting as everything was... he needed to get to his room and clean up and stop the bleeding of his nose.
Kuragari

Postby exalted » Tue Oct 15, 2019 1:12 pm

There's no response from the girl as she slips through the crowd and none of the other gawkers really pays your grumbling any attention now that the action has ended.

Shouldering, wedging and fumbling together everything you brought with you, you try work your way through the Oregon trail of migrating students. You ford the river of plushies that cascades like a waterfall from a torn box held by one girl, crest the mountain of luggage formed by another and cough through the pungent and suspicious smoke that befouls one group of people looking too relaxed, but finally you make the doors of the dorm.

In the foyer you see a rough lines forming in front of hastily erected trestle tables where volunteers hand out keys and room numbers. The air is stagnant and hot but the line moves quickly enough, beads of sweat are just starting to trickle down your face as you get your key and room assignment, number 48. Fourth floor, room 8.

You look at the long line for the dinky and decrepit lift and then to the stairs and sigh. If you wanted to get cleaned up quick there was no other option and you trudge to the stairs... and you see her again.

The red jersey and auburn hair are unmistakable. Her eyes are locked on the paper with her room assignment, filling her attention that she doesn't seem to notice you. She carries only a single large duffel bag, her arms slipped through the carry handles to wear it like a backpack as she humps it up the stairs with ease, past the the first floor... then the second... and third... then off the fourth and oh no.... down the corridor past room 5.....6....7....8.... she keeps walking and you breathe a sigh of relief... to the 9th room... and she turns back to 8 and pulls the key from her pocket. Oh no!
exalted

Postby Kuragari » Tue Oct 15, 2019 3:10 pm

If fate was giving Leslie this much trouble, chances were heading downstairs and asking for a different roommate wasn't going to get him anywhere. So, with an annoyed grunt, he simply headed over to the door as well, doing his best to look at anything and anywhere besides her face... which, admittedly, did briefly have him looking at her toned athletic body, but only for a moment. Mostly because he wasn't dumb enough to stand and oogle someone who'd beaned his face with a basketball, or volleyball, or whatever she hit him with.
Kuragari

Postby exalted » Thu Oct 17, 2019 1:40 pm

The girl seems to be very much in her own world and doesn't notice you approach as she fumbles with her new keys trying to figure out the lock. You notice as you size her up two wireless earphones in her ears and you hear the dull buzz of music coming from them in the quiet corridor.

The baggy jersey she wears falls down past her waist, distorting any sense of proportion or size to her centre, though you can see her arms and legs are toned and athletic, skin taught over defined muscles when she flexes. As you get near you can see through the mesh like fabric of the jersey she is not wearing an undershirt and if you concentrate can notice the slight contrast in shade that silhouettes her bra beneath.

Finally she has the door open and she steps in, leaving the door open though you are not sure if it for you as she keeps her back to you as she looks around, not acknowledging your presence. Peeking through the door you see the deluxe dorm room your parents sprung for, she currently stands in the front room, a rectangular living space and kitchenette with three doors on the far wall. From memory, you recall the doors on the left and right lead to bedrooms while the center was the water closet with a sink. Despite being the deluxe room you still had use the shower facilities down the on the mainfloor of the building where the full kitchens were as well.

As you think, you notice her start to turn back towards the door.
exalted

Postby Kuragari » Fri Oct 18, 2019 5:57 am

She was actually rather nice to look at, now if only she didn't have such a non-caring attitude... but maybe he'd get lucky and that'd be because he had been just some nobody new person, rather than say her roommate. However, once the door was open and she walked in, Leslie just grumbled a bit and walked on in, flashing his room key which was the same as her own then making for the water closet so he could try to clean his face up.

A better attempt at an introduction could wait til his face wasn't coated in blood.
Kuragari

Postby exalted » Tue Oct 22, 2019 1:38 pm

The flash of cold water against your face feels like a stinging slap as you first try to clean yourself off, but the water rapidly warms and you make good progress. Checking yourself in the mirror after would, you see your nose is swollen and red but not broken. Aside from a few droplets of blood on your shirt there is no obvious sign your prior trauma.

Opening the door, you don't immediately see the girl though her duffle is tossed across one arm of the couch. The front door is still open and you hear voices in the hallway, shuffling a step to the side you see the girl standing out there. She's chatting with two others, a guy who you think would dwarf anyone and would not appear out of place swinging a battleaxe on some ancient battlefield, and a rather mousy looking girl that stands slightly behind him.

Your roommate turns slightly as she notices you, raising an eyebrow as she obviously takes you all in now that you aren't rushing past her.
exalted

Postby Kuragari » Tue Oct 22, 2019 3:50 pm

"Guess we can do better introductions, preferably without basket balls to the face." Leslie says, having finished cleaning his face and poked his head out a bit to see where she'd gone. He's still angry, but he's trying to make light of it as he moves back in and works to start unpacking. He was still not sure how this was all going to go... he hoped he hadn't traded the hell he knew for one he didn't.
Kuragari

Postby exalted » Wed Oct 23, 2019 12:40 pm

The girl quickly finishes her conversation with the others and comes back into the apartment, walking with a strange awkward confidence.

"So... uhhhhh, hey Roomie?" she smiles exaggeratedly, shooting you with her finger guns as you unpack, "I'm Robin, I thought I'd give you first pick of the rooms... you know... considering all that..."

Her voice trails off and she points and circles her face with her finger.

Looking at the layout, you see ups and downs to both bedrooms. The one of the right is behind the entertaining area so you guess it would be harder to sleep if someone was watching TV, while the room on the left was by the kitchenette so you'd get the smells and sounds and cooking coming through.

"So yeah, like, where's you from?" Robin awkwardly shuffles as she closes the front door.
exalted

Postby Kuragari » Wed Oct 23, 2019 2:54 pm

"Leslie, Leslie Mekio." Leslie offered, extending his hand after a moment as Robin gave that fig leaf. Studying both rooms... Leslie honestly found himself settling on the one on the right. He'd honestly always slept better with some kind of white noise in the background, so as long as it wasn't too loud, he wouldn't mind.

"A town out in the countryside, about three, four hours drive from here? Not all that interesting really... I think the only thing it might be known for is that every other year it hosts some music festival, taking turns with another town close by... or well, as close as one can get in the country. How about you?"
Kuragari

Postby exalted » Fri Oct 25, 2019 10:21 pm

A light flickers behind her eyes as you mention the town and festival, the corners of her mouth twisting slightly into a grin.

"I think what you mean to say is that Northfield tries to host a festival while Rushfield knocks it out of the park," she smirks, hands on hips, "GOLD RUSH!"

The fight chant of your High School's rival takes you right back to the hell of it all, memories of your father forcing you to go games to 'toughen you up' or show you how to act like a man. You hear her chant echoed by several people outside, as every horror of the past flashes before you eyes. You wonder if you ever managed to escape, maybe you're still asleep on the bus or unconscious on the ground having a nightmare...

"Ohh, relax Northy," she chuckles, slinging her duffle over her shoulder and heading to the other bedroom.

Heading for your own you find the room spartan, functional but without any life yet. A king single bed takes up the right hand wall with a night stand and lamp beside it, a dresser, desk and wardrobe claiming the rest of the space. Plopping your bags and stuff down on the bed you start unpack your stuff, finally having a moment of peace to collect yourself. When you open your suit case you find two packages inside you hadn't packed, it's easy to tell by the wrapping who packed them.

The first is neatly gift wrapped in a floral print paper, expertly folded and trimmed the way your mother always did things. The other is a scrunched up brown paper bag, your father's idea of wrapping, why waste time on something that was just going to get scrunched up.

"Hey Northy!" You hear Robin shout from her room, "You got any weird problems or habits I should know about?"
exalted

Postby Kuragari » Sat Oct 26, 2019 1:36 pm

Leslie groans a bit and goes "Great... I needed all the bad memories of Northfield High back in my head..." However, hearing that and her chant, it makes him frown just a bit as he looks at her again, briefly wondering if in fact he had seen Robin before at the games his father forced him to attend. Shaking his head, he just finds himself hoping that it turns out that Robin and any other Rushfield folks here were nicer than those from Northfield.

Getting his various things out and sighing as he got to work settling in, he paused as he saw the packaged items. He rolls his eyes at what a stark difference the two items wrapping had, also helping to show just how different they were and left him again wondering at times how they'd fallen in love (and how they remained so to this day.)

Robin's call makes him pause his intent to unwrap them, and Leslie moves to the door to shout "Other than sometimes singing softly to myself when I'm in good mood or sometimes forgetting to put my paint and drawing tools away, none that I know of." He added after a moment "You might sometimes smell something weird when I try cooking with different foods to make something new, but other than that..."
Kuragari

Postby exalted » Sun Oct 27, 2019 1:18 pm

Thinking back to your family for moment, you can picture them easily. Your father, his weather beaten face, his rough and calloused hands with fingers slightly bent or twisted from hard work just sitting in a arm chair, drinking a beer or with a class of whiskey if times were bad. Not saying anything, just keeping his demons and troubles to himself. He was a hard man, you're mother was his softness, saying and doing what he could not. It was through your mother that you explored you Japanese heritage, even though it was not her own, your father would not have a lick of it. He never said why, and when you asked your mother she sighed guiltily and replied that it was one darkness she could not cure him of.

"Okay, that's cool, can't be worse than what I smelt on the farm.." Robin calls from her own room after you finish, "So... like... just as a heads up sort of thing... I kinda sleep walk when I drink... I think, so yeah....andsometimesdoitnaked but yeah, how about that Activies Fair, wanna check it out?"
exalted

Postby Kuragari » Sun Oct 27, 2019 3:08 pm

With a sigh, trying not to think about his father, even as he did like to think about his mother, he started to get ready to open the packages, only to squeak at what Robin had mentioned. Blushing brilliantly, he managed to say "I~I uh, f~first I need to open these... guess my parents gave me some parting gifts without telling me."

Once Leslie had unwrapped them and seen what they were, he figured he could go with her to see the fair. Why not after all?
Kuragari

Postby exalted » Tue Oct 29, 2019 1:00 pm

Starting with the gift wrapped by your mother, delicately removing the dainty paper that covers the item neatly. Inside you find a journal, wrapped in blue leather with a floral print etched around the corners and spine. Opening the first few pages you find several pressed flowers from your mothers garden and wild flowers that grew around the town, the rest of the journal seemingly empty to fill with the next part of your journey.

Your almost hesitant to open your father's gift, the crumpled brown paper bag streaked with the odd line of grease from your father's fingers. Opening it up, several boxes of condoms fall out into your hands.

"Well... someone looks prepared," your hear Robin's smirky voice.

Looking up you see her leaning against the door frame to your room, trying hard to keep a straight face.
exalted

Postby Kuragari » Tue Oct 29, 2019 1:06 pm

Leslie smiled softly as he saw just what the gift was that his mother had left him. He hadn't really realized that he might miss seeing her garden, or the other flowers from around and about town. He hugs it to his chest for a moment, then sets it down beside him as he opens his father's package.

He lets out a snort and shakes his head in amazement at that... even as he hears Robin's voice. "Figures my father would give me something like that... he thinks college is where weird kids like me go to get laid or something..." His own voice has a bit of venom, but he sighs as he picks them up and puts them in a drawer. Though he also blushes as he thinks about how he'd been eyeing Robin... his mind suddenly imagining her completely naked... helping him put one of them on...

Shaking his head, he puts his journal on top of the desk and says "Alright, I'm ready to check out the Activities fair with you."
Kuragari

Postby exalted » Wed Oct 30, 2019 12:58 pm

"You saying it aint?" Robin peaks an eye brow as she looks down at you with a smirk, "I'm gonna guess you weren't exactly drowning in it back at home school... not that I blame you, those girls at Northfield High seemed to be more kin with cows in the fields and sows in the sty if you catch my drift. Ahhh, you stick with me and we'll find you some nerdy girl with quivering thighs... or boy... it... whatever you is into."

She rolls off the door jam and strolls towards the front door. You see her open it and you see the neighbors across the hall, the other Rushfield Jock and the mousy girl, coming out as well. Robin and Jock immediately start talking and joking as they head down the stairs, leaving you to follow with the mousy girl if so choose.

The foyer is still chaos as you make it down, dodging around students coming up with bags and boxes so they move in as well. The pressed sea of bodies seems to miraculously part for Robin and Jock as surge towards the door, but press in immediately afterwards, threatening to separate you and the mousy girl from them with a single slip.
exalted

Postby Kuragari » Wed Oct 30, 2019 1:29 pm

"If that's the main point of college, I think I'm in the wrong place." Leslie says with a bit of a snort, and shakes his head a bit as he said "Didn't really think about it much... mostly because I was too busy getting teased for the things I liked by everyone."

Of course, he blushes brightly at what she says, and before he can think about it he says "D~Doesn't have to be a nerdy girl... just someone whose nice at all would do." He smacks his head a bit as he realizes he says that out loud, grumbling a bit to himself before following after her and the other two. Leslie mostly hopes to himself that he won't wind up getting teased by anyone or having anything else bad happen to him.

Leslie wasn't an idiot... he'd seen such things before, and decided to hurry forward. To the mousy girl, he says "Come on, if we're quick we can squeak through before they get too far ahead.
Kuragari

Next

Return to Private Games