Invasion: Arrival [Kuragari]

Forum for publicly viewable but closed-group role-playing.

Invasion: Arrival [Kuragari]

Postby sogekik » Tue Jun 18, 2019 3:16 am

Spoiler (click to show/hide):

Setting
Character Wrote:Name: Jennifer "Jenny" Kavins
species: N/A
Bio: A young freelance artist who makes a living via drawing anime characters and the like, Jenny is friendly and nerdier than most girls. She's very much into cosplay and loves video games and can be quite stubborn about the ones she likes (and well just about everything else too). She was enjoying the outdoors at a convention when everything started to go crazy.

Appearance: http://d.facdn.net/art/scorpdk/15588346 ... 5_naga.jpg
Clothes: Tends to prefer shorts that go to the mid-thigh and tops that show her midriff.
Piercing: One earring
Turn On's+Offs: Can be found in the link in my signature

the day was pleasant enough, sunny, with a pleasant mix of clear sky and white cloud with a pleasant breeze carrying through the outside area of the convention hall, as the people around moved about chatting and checking out each other's cosplays or looking at the few stalls that were out there.
suddenly there was a loud noise almost like an explosion seemingly emanating from the sky above the city the convention suddenly fell silent, as all eyes were drawn towards the noise, though all that could be seen immediately was a large white cloud. after a moment there was some chattering from the confused convention goers, someone laughed and people slowly started to keep going as before. There wasn't much chance for that though, after a minute the cloud above the city seemed to expand, and then it was suddenly forced apart a large object pushed it's way through it and descending quickly towards the city. It stopped moments later meer meters above the taller buildings.

as soon as it had appeared the commotion picked up again, as people panicked, some ran for their lives others stopped and started, there were screams, especially after other smaller ships descended around it, the large ship seemed to shift slightly and a swarm of smaller ships bloomed from it heading down towards the city in every direction. meanwhile, things at the convention were getting hectic as everyone tried to get away people where running in all directions and what little security there was attempted to take control.
Last edited by sogekik on Sat Jun 22, 2019 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sogekik

Re: Invasion: Arrival [Kuragari]

Postby Kuragari » Tue Jun 18, 2019 2:11 pm

http://d.facdn.net/art/scorpdk/1558834632/1558834594.scorpdk_190525_naga.jpg the link in the appearance part of the character seems to have broken

One moment I was stretching and relaxing as I sat in the grass and admired some of the other cosplay outfits that I was seeing other con goers were wearing, and then the next moment things seem to devolve into chaos as the source of that strange explosion made itself known. The site of a strange ship floating in the skies above the city didn't take long to bring the convention into full panic, while I myself was frozen in place staring up at the ship and the smaller ones that flying all about now as I try to figure out what the heck I should do… Should I just go ahead and try and run now? Make a break for it? Or should I try and wait albeit for some of the crowds to thin enough that I be more likely to make a successful escape?
Kuragari

Postby sogekik » Tue Jun 18, 2019 2:29 pm

oops, should have checked for that XD, LOK shortens URLs so they can't be directly copied and pasted I usually catch it

it didn't seem like the crowds would clear soon, and it seemed like staying seated was necessarily the safest Idea as people ran between the various exits, hoping to find one that wasn't already congested with other fleeing con-goers. it didn't seem like anyone was too concerned about you, and if it kept up you'd probably get trampled, especially as the smaller ships were drawing ever closer.
sogekik

Postby Kuragari » Tue Jun 18, 2019 2:46 pm

With this quickly dawning on me, I decided to instead try to find a spot to hide, or maybe head upstairs rather than out. Surely there had to be other exits that weren't being so overwhelmed?
Kuragari

Postby sogekik » Tue Jun 18, 2019 2:59 pm

it seemed that most people were heading to the main guest entrances which probably meant that if you headed into the staff only areas you'd soon find a way out. these were easily accessed from the main area and were probably empty, but security may not let people through that way even now, alternatively, there was the probably a fire escape on the roof, if you could find a way up there
sogekik

Postby Kuragari » Tue Jun 18, 2019 3:04 pm

The fire escape sounded like the better option for me to go for, as it seemed unlikely people would think to go there in the current panic. Some people were doubtlessly making use of the staff area exits... the security folks had probably been overrun.
Kuragari

Postby sogekik » Tue Jun 18, 2019 3:07 pm

you made your way back into the convention hall heading up through the upper floors, they were almost deserted with only a few people around trying to hide and eventually you managed to get up to the roof, just in time to see the alien ship nearing the courtyard where you'd just been sat,
sogekik

Postby Kuragari » Tue Jun 18, 2019 3:12 pm

I let out a breath I hadn't known I was holding, shivering as I was very glad I'd gotten away from there... however, curiosity soon got the better of me as I leaned over the edge of the roof to watch, wondering just what would come forth from it.
Kuragari

Postby sogekik » Tue Jun 18, 2019 3:19 pm

the ship stopped just above the courtyard, hovering above it as a number of armored troops jumped down into the courtyard, there were enough of them that they could catch everyone who had failed to get away from the courtyard, and as you watched they were rounded up, by force where necessary, and separated into groups. after the troops had been dropped at the courtyard the ship flew around the perimeter dropping more troops to catch those in the rest of the building, the roof had definitely been a good call

soldiers:
sogekik

Postby Kuragari » Tue Jun 18, 2019 3:33 pm

Gulping as I saw those armored troops, I quickly turned and headed for the Fire escape... I was certainly glad they hadn't decided to try for the roof yet... though, come to think of it, they had ships in the sky... why hadn't they come up this way yet?
Kuragari

Postby sogekik » Tue Jun 18, 2019 3:44 pm

the ship did a lap around the building while you approached the fire escape then started to rise right in front of the fire escape, the sound of its engines flaring loudly with its ascent. as it ascended you picked up on a humming, in the distance which quickly turned into a roar as a squadron of fighter jets flew overhead, and a moment later there was an explosion near one of the ship's engines, the blast was close enough that you could feel the heat, and the blast wave knocked you to the floor.
the ship stayed in the air momentarily, starting to drift to it's damaged side, and after a moment started to drift downwards, picking up speed as it span, and after a moment it would crash into the street below
sogekik

Postby Kuragari » Tue Jun 18, 2019 3:48 pm

Yelping and clinging to the floor of the roof, I wait about two or three minutes until after I hear it crashing to quickly and hurriedly rush on down the fire escape... I... I needed to try and head back to my apartment, or maybe try to find some sort of emergency shelter like the police station!
Kuragari

Postby sogekik » Tue Jun 18, 2019 3:54 pm

the ship was in a bad way and it was hard to tell if the occupants would still be alive or not, but it probably wasn't wise to stay around and find out.
getting home would take a while, you lived quite a way away and if the underground wasn't running it'd take you at least half an hour on foot, the nearest police station would probably be easier, but you didn't know exactly where it was, so it might take you just as long to find it
sogekik

Postby Kuragari » Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:02 pm

Grabbing my phone from my bag, I just decided for the moment to stick to any alleyways or back streets as I tried to see if I could use the net to search out the nearest police station... calling 911 didn't seem wise, as they'd probably be overflowing with calls right now.
Kuragari

Postby sogekik » Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:09 pm

the back alley seemed safe enough, though, from the surroundings that might not be the case for too much longer, you could hear gunfire and the distant rumble of explosions as the jets that had passed you launched missiles at the mothership. you didn't have much in the way of a signal on your phone, perhaps the aliens were interfering with it
sogekik

Postby Kuragari » Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:15 pm

"Shit." I say as I notice the lack of signal, stomping my foot and hurrying along. Anytime I saw an exit out onto the main or regular streets, I'd take a peek and see if I saw any sign of the Police Station... though I also found myself trying to look out for any of the aliens or whatever they were.
Kuragari

Postby sogekik » Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:22 pm

the streets where pretty chaotic, though not as bad as the convention centre, and as you moved around you spotted several more of the troop transports flying around, though the area near you seemed safish for now, after a few minutes you spot a cop near a corner directing civilians to move away from the city centre
sogekik

Postby Kuragari » Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:29 pm

As soon as I spot the cop, I rush on over to them, calling out "Officer! Officer! Do you know which way to the Police Station?" As I get closer, I stammer out "I~I figured that'd be one of the safest places to go right now!"
Kuragari

Postby sogekik » Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:33 pm

he shakes his head, " we can't deal with their weapons, the safest place, for now, seems to be either out of the city or in the underground tunnels, the trains aren't running so it's safe and there are plenty of places to hide down there too, if I where you I'd head to the nearest station, it's that way" he points for you, " the police station is over there if you want to try it though" he points first to a building a few streets away, then off to one side, slightly closer to the center
sogekik

Postby Kuragari » Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:36 pm

Hearing that makes me gulp, but I nod to him and start making for the nearest station... only to change my mind and start heading for the police station. If an explosion happened near the station, it could cause a cave in... I didn't like the idea of being stuck underground.
Kuragari

Next

Return to Private Games