Forging a Legacy [KnightVanilla]

Forum for publicly viewable but closed-group role-playing.

Re: Forging a Legacy [KnightVanilla]

Postby Amaranis A'daragon » Sun Apr 21, 2019 4:34 pm

As you leave the stables, you see more people up and about. Some wish you safe travels, while others seem busy with their tasks for the say. As you see your home come back into view, your father is currently taking a short break, smoking a pipe. When he notices you, he sets his pipe down for the moment.

"Well, looks like my little girl is all ready to head out. Be safe out there, and don't be afraid to turn back if things get difficult out there. The world can be a unforgiving place."

After a few more words of goodbye, you take out the well-worn map your mother left behind. On it, you see a much larger world laid out before you. Here, you see how far your mother claims to be, and the many different routes to get there. The easiest would be the trade city, Baelum. You have been there before when you were younger, and were overwhelmed by the large buildings and amount of people. There are many craftsman there, but you are not sure if their work is the specialized crafts you want to learn, or those who make things in bulk..

The other close city you see is the dwarven city of Bellhammer. You know that there are many forges there, seeings as how the dwarves pride themselves on metal working. However, you would be going there blind.
Sometimes I think i'm crazy, but then my other voice says i'm alright.

I'm not sure if i'm just too creative, or just cant focus on one thing.
Amaranis A'daragon

Postby KnightVanilla » Mon Apr 22, 2019 4:11 am

After saying her final goodbyes to the town as well as to her father. She ensures him of her safety for her travels and waves one final goodbye. Ever since she retrieved this map she has inspected every possible route she could take to her mother. As for her two possible destinations... she had already made her mind up long ago. To impress a dragon she would want to learn a quality craft. So with that in mind she was set on Bellhammer. Looking over the map she tries her best to account for a route that would lead her to the dwarves.
Life has gotten so much more boring. Well I suppose it doesn't help if I say my only source of entertainment is YouTube and here. So yeah not much of interesting life going on.
KnightVanilla

Postby Amaranis A'daragon » Mon Apr 22, 2019 9:21 am

Spoiler (click to show/hide):

Number of days travel to get to Bellhammer: 3
Encounter roll (Day): 32, minor bad encounter.

Just as you promised, you finally take your first steps out of the village. Well, Bec does as you ride him out of it. You pick a slightly off the path road that will lead you there, because it is the most direct route. The air cools slightly as this forest path blocks most of the sun, but the path itself is pretty well maintained.

You hear the sounds of nature around you, keeping you company on your trip. The bird songs in the trees, the chirping of insects, the wind through the leaves, the growls of...wait, growls?

Off to the side of the path, you see a large wolf looking at you, salivating at the sight of you and Bec. He tenses under you, and starts to panic slightly.

Amaranis A'daragon

Postby KnightVanilla » Mon Apr 22, 2019 9:31 am

As they rode off into the road. Eclair made sure to keep her eyes at the ready to be sure that no one or thing would try to get the jump on them. The feeling on the wind breeze across her face. Then shaking of her gear with the hopes and anticipation for the future. Equipped with the essentials as well as one of her own swords she has crafted as a reminder of home and a means to defend herself without her breath.

It was only after some time she realized the growls of a predator... A lone wolf... This could be bad but they shouldn't panic. Reaching over to pat Bec calmly as she urged the horse to continue trotting casually she kept her ears and eyes peeled for more wolves with her dragon's breath at the ready. so she could scare off any threat that may approach the both of them.
Life has gotten so much more boring. Well I suppose it doesn't help if I say my only source of entertainment is YouTube and here. So yeah not much of interesting life going on.
KnightVanilla

Postby Amaranis A'daragon » Mon Apr 22, 2019 9:45 am

The wolf does not attack, and you pass it without issue. The pat helps keep Bec from panicking, and you continue your pace.

However, ad you travel, the wolf keeps following you. At times, you think it has left, but then you see a flash of it's fur out of the corner of your eye. The constant stalking of the wolf makes Bec nervous, and you have to keep reassuring him that everything is okay.

No other wolves appear, and you do not hear it howl or call for others. This is indeed a lone wolf.

You try and ignore it, but it keeps following you. For over an hour, the wolf follows you. Bec becomes more and more agitated, and your senses are being drawn from the beauty of the nature around you to your stalker.

Amaranis A'daragon

Postby KnightVanilla » Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:04 am

Eclairs after having Bec trot for some time begins to realize that they are being stalked and it seemingly is to their disadvantage. Coontinuing to reassure Bec she keeps her eyes peeled for the wolf as well as for a clearing within the forest so they could rest and be secure in an open area rather than be surrounded by foliage that could give the wolf more cover.

Otherwise she would take a chance with Bec galloping as she would prepare her dragon's breath to consume the wolf of it were to get close to them. She had little desire to face a threat that would follow them. However she was ready to kill the wolf of necessary
KnightVanilla

Postby Amaranis A'daragon » Thu Apr 25, 2019 5:37 am

Encounter roll: 57, nothing.

Eventually, as you continue along the path the wolf slips out of sight. You remain on guard for a while longer, as does Bec. However, after over an hour with no sight of it, you finally let out a sigh of relief. This whole encounter has had your nerves stressed out, and any errant sound makes you jerk around looking for the source.

As you keep riding, you encounter a new problem: your body is not used to riding on a horse for long periods of time. Your legs start to go numb, your butt begins to hurt from the occasional bouncing, and your tail...Well, the saddle wasn't designed to handle someone with a tail. It begins to become almost painful, and definitely uncomfortable to continue like this.

How will you deal with this? Set up camp, get off and keep walking, or set up camp and call it a day?

Amaranis A'daragon

Postby KnightVanilla » Thu Apr 25, 2019 4:20 pm

With the threat now gone she could rest easy for the rest of the journey. That is until she felt the pain in her ass and tail. Stopping Bec she takes time to get off the saddle and decide they'll continue the journey walking. It wasn't quite close enough to evening yet to set up camp. So she wanted to push the distance as far as they could before finally stopping to make camp. As they walked she made sure to feed Bec some of her snacks that she was given for Bec.
KnightVanilla

Postby Amaranis A'daragon » Sat Apr 27, 2019 4:49 am

Encounter roll: 08, terrible encounter.

As you continue through the forest on foot, you keep hearing the noises of nature around you. The path keeps going on, and you're not sure how much headway you have made. While you are used to hard work from working and helping your father around the house and in the forge, you suddenly start to feel more tired than normal.

All of a sudden, you hear a voice from out of nowhere. As you look around, you're not even sure where it is coming from.

"Lookie, lookie! It's a dragon folk! Never seen dragon folk. Dragon folk is lost in our woods~"

The fatigue you've been feeling starts reaching a breaking point, and you lean on Bec to support yourself. Before you pass out, you see a small, winged figure fly right in front of you, before the next thing you see is darkness.

You wake up with a start, still in the middle of the path. You spin around, trying to get your bearings, and it looks like you are in the same spot you remember before falling asleep. Your heart races as you jolt up, and look for the culprit and Bec. It takes a minute before you hear Bec, and run over to him. When you see him, he is grazing, and you run up to hug him.

And once you make contact with him, that's when you come to a startling realization: your bare skin is touching him. You jump back and look down at yourself, and see you are completely naked.

Amaranis A'daragon

Postby KnightVanilla » Sat Apr 27, 2019 3:41 pm

To feel so sleepy so suddenly was alarming she clung as best as she could to her horse and did her best not to fall. Too be greeted by darkness and then a sudden jolt to realize that Bec was gone. In a panic she looks around in a rush trying to find Bec. Hearing him not too far off from where she was now.

Running as fast as she could to be overcome with relief the moment she sees the horse. She rushed over to Hug him but to do so and feel her skin press against his was another jolt of reality she wasn't anticipating. As she looked around at at herself she repeats a curse she remembers her father saying out loud all the time before going up to saddle her horse again. She was too far into the journey to return now... And it would be embarrassing to return like this. Hopefully she could find her clothes along the path she set.
KnightVanilla

Previous

Return to Private Games