A Paladin of Light [Lorielle]

Forum for publicly viewable but closed-group role-playing.

A Paladin of Light [Lorielle]

Postby Lazy Kitsune » Thu Apr 11, 2019 4:30 pm

Lorielle Wrote:Name:Liliana Rose
Race: Half-Elf
Background: A strong if arrogant young woman due to her elven upbringing. Her mother was a strong believer in the Lady of Light, an elven goddess of justice and war and having left her human father to return to the forests Liliana was brought up like any other elf, haughty and with a strong belief in her perfection as an elf. Due to this though Lili also faced a difficult childhood upbringing because of the true-elves surrounding her. To prove herself she went to the monastery of the Lady of Light to train herself to be a paladin of justice. The training was intense and meant for elves to complete over a longer life time, but her drive to prove she was just as good as any full-blooded elf led her to finish her training with top marks and in record time.
Appearance:
Spoiler (click to show/hide):

Stats:

Strength: 4
Dexterity: 3
Constitution: 2
Wisdom: 2
Intelligence: 2
Charisma: 1

Secondary Stats:
Health: 40/40
Willpower: 20/20
Spellpower: 3
Spells known: 2

Strengths: Ambidextrous: Her fighting style requires the use of 2 weapons, thankfully she's equally proficient with both hands
Elegant body: despite being a bit of a bitch her looks more than make up for that when trying to convince people.
Natural Born leader: Despite her attitude people take her orders rather easily.

Weaknesses: Naive: Her upbringing was sheltered and incredibly regimented, she's rather easy to dupe and is maybe too trusting
Arrogant:She rarely backs down from a challenge and is easy to goad into just about anything
Poor Mage: Liliana is almost completely reliant on her physical abilities to do anything, learning new spells is incredibly difficult for the young woman.

Spells: Flames of War: Liliana's weapons gain fire damage dealing a bonus d6 damage on her next attack
Soothing Winds: Stilling her mind Liliana tries to regain spent willpower rolling a d20+spellpower if she rolls higher than her current willpower she regains half of the spent willpower, if she rolls under her current willpower she loses half of the remaining willpower as the winds arouse her.

Your officiation as a Paladin of the Lady of Light was a momentous occasion, although you were well aware that most of your piers would seek to scorn the event, or pray that it soon be forgotten. Never the less, you had accomplished your goals, not only against all odds, but far surpassing even the highest of expectations. Perhaps now people will finally stop second guessing you.

As important as the ceremony was, both as a confirmation of your accomplishments and a chance to rub your success into the faces of all those that doubted you, what you've really been looking forward to was this moment. You have been summoned to speak to the head of the monastery. As expected, all newly made paladins are to be given a quest known as the Sanctification. The fact that you have what it takes to be a paladin has already been proven, all that remains is that you go on a spiritual journey to make a personal connection with the Lady of Light. This journey will usually involve a new paladin going outside of your people's forests to one of the ancient elven temples that lie beyond. They must bring a token of the Lady's affection to that temple and return with a token that had been left behind by a previous Paladin during their Sanctification. Today is the day you will be given your token.

"Lili- Hmm, daydreaming are we? I see your recent accomplishments have only put your head further in the clouds." you recognise this spiteful tone as one of your fellow acolytes at the monastery. A would be paladin called Mariatha. She moves to stand in your way, blocking the trail to the monastery. "What, aren't you going to say hello? Or are you too good for that now, half-elf?" She tilts her nose upwards at you before huffing. "Besides, you can't go to the monastery just yet so you might as well take the time to wish me a good morning."
Last edited by Lazy Kitsune on Thu Apr 11, 2019 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~Yawn
Lazy Kitsune

Re: A Paladin of Light [Lorielle]

Postby Lorielle » Thu Apr 11, 2019 4:42 pm

Liliana cranks her head up to Mariatha who easily stood a foot taller than her. "I'd bid you a good morning but instead i should remind you to do your morning routine Mariatha, this was what, your 3rd time failing the Proving? No wonder humans continue to encroach on our lands, elves like you who are too lazy to achieve anything after millennia of achieving so much." Lili takes a moment to take a deep breath before continuing to walk forward she was going to be going to the monastery and a reject paladin like Mariatha wasnt going to stop her, especially if she was the one assigned to guard duty.
Last edited by Lorielle on Fri Apr 12, 2019 4:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lorielle

Postby Lazy Kitsune » Thu Apr 11, 2019 4:48 pm

Mari snorts, leering at you as you walk by before reaching out and grabbing your shoulder. "Oh, Lili, always so sweet. But I meant what I said, you can't go to the monastery just yet. Didn't you hear? Priestess Ishara has banned all entry into the monastery to non priestess. Not even pretty little paladins like you can go in right now. Guess your quest will have to go on hold. Honestly, I bet they never planned to let you go on a quest. Probably only let you become a paladin so they could show off that they don't spit on the half-elves... but there is no way the Priestesses will ever let someone like you get in touch with the Lady of Light."
~Yawn
Lazy Kitsune

Postby Lorielle » Thu Apr 11, 2019 4:58 pm

If mari is a recurring character

Lili grits her teeth when Mari grabs her shoulder but lets out a quick breath to calm herself as best as possible ignoring what she was saying about the priestess, one of the kindest women she's even known. "Well that news never reached me Mari, i'll be back later then give the priestess my best regards." Lili gives a condescending smile before striding off into the village that was near the monastery. Maybe she could find something to do before her quest truly began, though what Mari said did find a way to worm into her head, if the priestess wasnt going to allow her to begin the Santification because she was a half elf then maybe she needed to do the quest herself. without her approval..
Lorielle

Postby Lazy Kitsune » Thu Apr 11, 2019 5:10 pm

"Later, Liliana." Maria calls after you as you leave, her voice smug as she smirked behind you. "Don't come back too soon."

Heading on the path to the village, the noises of day to day life returned to your ears, ending the serenity of the area of forest around the monastery. The elven homes interwoven in and around the trees were all fairly rudimentary compared to the ancient structures such as the monastery. Elven buildings of old were something to be proud of, that no human structure could compare to. Elves of today carried the pride of their ancestors, even as they lived in tents, huts and treetop homes. As you return, a familiar duo spring onto your path. Two elf twins, one male and one female that wave at you warmly.

"Lili!" the male twin calls out, grinning as he runs up to you. His name was Banden. He... not so subtly has a crush on you, although he's never had the courage to openly say so. He's been smitten with you ever since he learned you were going to become a paladin. Actually becoming one seems to have sent him into overdrive. You met his sister, Yara through him. She seems much more calm and collected, but still friendly non the less. Banden worked as a forager and trapper for the village, and Yara a hunter and scout.

"Back so soon? Saw you heading off to the monastery earlier but I didn't get to talk to you." he says, looking at you curiously. "Did you get your... ah... token of affection already?"
~Yawn
Lazy Kitsune

Postby Lorielle » Thu Apr 11, 2019 5:19 pm

Lili smirked when she spotted the twins, the closest she could consider friends in this place. Barden was cute in his own way, but she had no real interest in him, if he wasnt brave enough to make a move then he really wasnt worth her time, Yara though was another story, she was an interesting sort but also a fighter and she respected that. "No, unfortunately not, the high priestess is conducting a ritual for the Lady so entry has been denied to everything except for other priestesses, im thinking of just going to the inn to gather some information maybe assist the guard, i heard some problems with imps? or goblins i couldnt remember.
Lorielle

Postby Lazy Kitsune » Thu Apr 11, 2019 6:50 pm

"Oh, well, I'm sure they'll be ready for you soon enough." Banden says. "Perhaps you'd-"

"Actually we were going to look into that as well." Yara chips in, interrupting her brother. "There's some kind of small critters that have been spotted in the deep woods. I don't think anyone knows for sure what they are, but they've been stealing supplies and scaring off foragers. No one's been hurt yet but the things move too fast for the guards to do anything about it. Banden wants to try and set some traps and I'm going to keep him safe and see if a hunter's approach will have more luck with these things. We'd be happy to have you a long. We can wait for you at the edge of the village if you want to do something around here first."
~Yawn
Lazy Kitsune

Postby Lorielle » Thu Apr 11, 2019 6:58 pm

"That sounds like a good plan. I dont have anything planned for today so why dont we get going immediately." Liliana hefts her two longswords as she follows along side Yara ready to get going. "Hows your training been going Yara? I heard you've been making strides. Protector might be in your future if thats what you choose to do." Lili flashes the huntress a genuine smile as they walk along occasionally she drums up some small talk with Banden to make him feel included though she wasnt really too concerned she wasnt sure how much help he'd be in this little excursion.
Lorielle

Postby Lazy Kitsune » Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:07 pm

You and Yara keep pace with each other as you head deeper into the forest, Banden sticking close behind. "Honestly, I much prefer just staying a hunter. Less responsibility, more freedom but I still get to help as much as anyone else around here when I need to." Yara says, returning your smile.

The village had little trouble from the local wildlife, having developed a strong affinity with the nearby creatures of the forest after centuries of living amongst them. They were still wild animals - hunted and not to be treated as pets - a wild wolf will still bite the hand of an elf that tires to pet it - but when left alone they would often leave the village alone. However there was always occasionally creatures from deeper within the forest that would encroach on the area around the village that would need to be dealt with if they remained. If such a disturbance lingered for too long, some of the local animals would start to grow more aggressive as well. It would seem that this was happening sooner than usual, as the three of you find yourselves interrupted by a howl before a pack of wolves starts to run at you from down the path ahead. Their fangs drip with blood from a recent kill, and the body of another elf can be seen behind them. Yara readies her bow, taking a shot quickly and taking out one of the wolves, however several more are still on their way.
~Yawn
Lazy Kitsune

Postby Lorielle » Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:18 pm

Lili gritted her teeth drawing both of her shining silver blades and rushing into the fray focusing her attacks on one of the wolves before moving to take out the next. Hopefully this was just a small pack but the sooner the better, its been a while since there have been any aggressive animals so this problem needed to be excised as quickly as possible.
Lorielle

Postby Lazy Kitsune » Fri Apr 12, 2019 11:22 am

These wolves are no threat to someone with the skill of a paladin. Their movements are rushed and straightforward and so far they're only coming at you from one direction. With swiftness and finesse you're able to take out two of the wolves with a quick slash each, you're skill in fighting with both hands allowing you to strike the second before you're blow on the first had even finished. You deftly evade an incoming pounce, the wolf landing behind you only to be shot by an arrow from Yara. Confidence surges as you're ready to move on to the next target, only for more howls to catch your ear.

The rest of the pack has moved around through the treeline. Their numbers are unclear at the moment however there seem to be enough to circle you. You catch Banden fumbling for something in his pack in a hurry while Yara readies another arrow. The wolves approach more slowly now as they wait for the pack to be ready in order to strike at once.
~Yawn
Lazy Kitsune

Postby Lorielle » Fri Apr 12, 2019 12:37 pm

Liliana lets out a warcry as brings her blades together in an X sliding them along one another until they were lit with a blueish-white light signifying they've been touched by the divine magic of the Lady. "You wolves had better scram! If you dont want your pack to end here!" She tries to shout at them to intimidate them to buy Banden more time for whatever he was going to do. [Activating Flames of War spell d6 willpower damage]
Lorielle

Postby Lazy Kitsune » Fri Apr 12, 2019 12:51 pm

Flame of war: 4+3 damage to next attack. 3 damage to willpower

The wolves only growl in response, however there approach slows. While they aren't backing down it seems this display is giving them enough pause to wait until they were all ready before any of them were to make a move. They slowly approach as Banden spends more time rummaging through his stuff. "Been a while since I needed this..." he grunts as he searches around. The wolves start picking up the pace as the last one completes the circle around you. Yara pulls back her bowstring and turns to cover the back while you prepare to face the wolf coming at you head on. Fortunately though it seems you bought just enough time as the wolves all stop halfway towards you, whining in irritation as they turn to run.

Looking around, you see Banden blowing on a small, thin whistle, although you hear no noise. After the wolves depart, he waves it in front of you and Yara. "The sound this makes irritates their eardrums. Its not needed often and they don't really sell them anymore, you have to make them yourself. But it comes in handy every now and then."

"Could've been useful to have a few seconds sooner." Yara grumbles, relaxing her bow.

Quick CS:

Secondary Stats:
Willpower: 17/20

Strengths: Ambidextrous: Her fighting style requires the use of 2 weapons, thankfully she's equally proficient with both hands
Elegant body: despite being a bit of a bitch her looks more than make up for that when trying to convince people.

Weaknesses: Naive: Her upbringing was sheltered and incredibly regimented, she's rather easy to dupe and is maybe too trusting
Arrogant:She rarely backs down from a challenge and is easy to goad into just about anything
Poor Mage: Liliana is almost completely reliant on her physical abilities to do anything, learning new spells is incredibly difficult for the young woman.

Spells: Flames of War: Liliana's weapons gain fire damage dealing a bonus d6 damage on her next attack
Soothing Winds: Stilling her mind Liliana tries to regain spent willpower rolling a d20+spellpower if she rolls higher than her current willpower she regains half of the spent willpower, if she rolls under her current willpower she loses half of the remaining willpower as the winds arouse her.
~Yawn
Lazy Kitsune

Postby Lorielle » Fri Apr 12, 2019 12:56 pm

"They've backed off though, thats all that matters. But that was a rather large pack.. something doesnt feel right about this. Whens the last time anyone's gone into the deepwoods?" Liliana scans the trees to see if anything was going on, something didnt feel right a pack this large wouldnt even try to move this close to a village even when they were on friendlier terms. "We should hurry i have a feeling theres foul play here rather than a natural disturbance in the woods." Lili sheathes her swords the light fading as soon as they disappear into her silvered sheathes.
Lorielle

Postby Lazy Kitsune » Fri Apr 12, 2019 1:11 pm

"We send scouts in there every so often, but we don't have much reason to go there. Needless risk of life, the rest of the forest has everything we need in abundance." Yara says in response. Banden sorts his bag out again and puts it back on, keeping his whistle in hand. The two elves follow you closely as you head further on. The wolves seem to be keeping well away from you for now, but you can't shake the feeling that you're being watched.

There is no clear path this deep in the forest, just the trees, bushes and the occasional patches of dirt between. The light making its way through the canopy thins out more and more as the branches above you grow thicker. This far into the forests the trees seem to reach out to claw away the light, leaving the forest floor in an eerie twilight. The noises of the forest change, each rustling of a bush sounding hushed and purposeful, while the wind falls still. Silence hangs in the air, highlighting even the slightest noise made in the distance.

"Does anyone else get goosebumps from this place? Or their spine just start shaking? No? Just me? OK, just me." Banden murmurs quietly, although he keeps pace.

Then, you see a blur. Something... blue... dart from one tree to another, seemingly scurrying away from you off to your left, dropping to the ground only to be hidden the bushes which shake with its movement. Then, out of the corner of your eye you see a red blur dart off in the opposite direction. These must be two of the small creatures causing all this trouble, although with how fast they're going you may only be able to catch one of them before the other disappears unless you split up.
~Yawn
Lazy Kitsune

Postby Lorielle » Fri Apr 12, 2019 1:18 pm

"Something definitely doesnt seem right, but just keep your voice down we're in.." Then she notices the blue and red.. creatures. "There they are!" Lili shouts as she points in the general direction of where they went. "Banden Yara go after the blue one im going to go after the red one! Meet up here later!" Not really waiting for a confirmation she shifts her weight and begins to run towards the red creature making sure to not let it get away.
Lorielle

Postby Lazy Kitsune » Fri Apr 12, 2019 1:29 pm

You've always been rather fast, but this thing seems faster. Incredibly fast even. You can barely keep track of it, let alone try to catch up. Yara immediately bolts after the other one, with Banden hesitating for a moment, seemingly wanting to say something before he decides to follow Yara. You hardly notice this however as you focus on keeping up with the red blur ahead of you. While you're fast enough to keep it in line of sight, you're putting in a lot of effort in maintaining this speed at it starts to tire you out quickly, you not being used to sustaining this pace for this much time. After tiring you out, however, it slows down. Perhaps its also getting tired. Or it could be leading you into a trap. It then stops however, and you're able to get a better look at it. It definitely looks impish. Short, with small wings, tiny horns and pointed ears. It turns to face you with a cheeky grin, placing its hands on its knees as it pants for breath, a loin cloth around its waist doing little to cover its cock. Not that you're one to stare, necessarily, but its hard to miss a member that big on a creature that small.

"Alright, hold up elfy..." he says in-between heavy breaths, holding out an open palm towards you. "I just... need a moment... and then... we can go again... Ooooh...." he then collapses on his back, spreading his arms out as he catches his breath.
~Yawn
Lazy Kitsune

Postby Lorielle » Fri Apr 12, 2019 1:36 pm

Liliana was breathing heavily, she could probably beat this thing in a race if she wasnt wearing all of her armor.. The gall of this thing to just run her to exhaustion though, she'd kill it if she wasnt so bloody tired. "Y-you're a bastard.. hahh, wh-what are.." Liliana cant help but suck in air as her lungs left like they were burning with a thousand suns. Slowly though she approaches the collapsed thing breathing heavily [personal con roll: nat 1...wow] before collapsing onto the ground next to the thing. "F-fuck.. ive.. never been more tired.. in my life.." as she says that she looks over at the small-ish creature her eye not-so-subtly looking at its cock beneath it's loincloth.
Lorielle

Postby Lazy Kitsune » Fri Apr 12, 2019 1:48 pm

Given the position you've fallen you get a great view. Its member is huge, and more bestial in nature than anything else with a flared head and ribbed, bumpy body, with two heavy, hairy balls hanging beneath it. Impressive that his creature could move so fast despite carrying this much weight between its legs. The Imp chuckles and turns its head towards you. "Its alright, elfy. A quick time out and you can get right back to yelling at me." He sits up, doing nothing to hide his cock from you. If anything he seems to shift so his loincloth is cast aside completely. "See something you like?"

He seems to be teasing you, but as he talks you hear his voice echo in your head in a faint whisper...

Wis resist, minor fail. 5 willpower damage.

You suppose you might see something you like. You haven't made up your mind yet.

Quick CS:

Secondary Stats:
Willpower: 12/20

~Yawn
Lazy Kitsune

Postby Lorielle » Fri Apr 12, 2019 1:53 pm

Lili's throat felt dry and cracked as she gasped for more air but it was made a bit worse when the imp had the audacity to flirt with her. She licks her lips unconsciously as she looks at the thing. "I.. i might.. but what would a.. creature like you possibly offer that.. any other man couldnt?" as she says that she goes to unclasp her breastplate not going as far as taking it off, but just give her some better breathing room though as she's doing show she's almost immediately gone back to staring at the imp's cock.
Lorielle

Next

Return to Private Games