Winner Takes All [devilbird]

Forum for publicly viewable but closed-group role-playing.

Winner Takes All [devilbird]

Postby Lazy Kitsune » Sun Apr 07, 2019 5:15 pm

The First Contestant:
Spoiler (click to show/hide):

devilbird Wrote:Name: Silvia Hammond
Appearance: A short, plump, mousy woman in her 30's with long, brown hair curled up into a bun. She has green eyes, and often wears a kind expression on her soft face. Her voluptuous body sports C-Cup breasts, wide hips, and a round ass. Often dresses in conservative clothes and suits to seem more professional.
Background: Silvia is a kind soul with a giving heart. She runs a charity for the homeless and impoverished. However, recently her charity has been going through a rough patch, and is in danger of being shut down. Unsure of what to do, one of the charity's financial administrators proposed she join a game show to try and win both money and publicity for their organization. She never watched those kinds of programming, so she had no idea what to do and what to expect. But when confronted with the amount of money she could earn, she agreed, and the man set off to send in her application.

Stats
Physical: 1
Mental: 3
Lewd: 0
Luck: 2

Mods:

As the lights flare up you're dazzled by their glare, the sensation passing after you take a moment to adjust. Having just been slathered with more makeup and hair products in the past twenty seconds than you've used in preparation for your best nights out, you still feel so rushed as your sat down before the cameras. Production staff rushed about, one of them quickly placing a hand on your shoulder "Don't stress too much, we get a quick few interviews from all contestants before things get started. The real work'll be done in editing after. It'll all be fine, hun." Before you have a chance to ask them a question they've hurried off.

A few moments later, a woman materialises in front of you. A hologram. Having never watched this game show, "Winner's Gambit", you've only heard of her second hand, but this was Diana - an A.I. holographic host considered the show's mascot.

"Hiya, Silvia!" Diana greeted you in a very cheery voice. "Mind if I call you Silvy?" Before you have a chance to respond, a chair materialises beneath her and she sits down onto it and continues talking. "Well Silvy, we're about to go live. Feeling stressed out about the interview?"

She blinks at you, waiting for a response. She seems so lifelike, even for the new high-tech holograms they were coming out with these days. If you didn't just see her manifest in front of you, you would be convinced she was real. They really did pull out all the stops for these game-shows. After a moment of silence, she giggles a little. "Don't feel star struck, Silvy. Its just us girls here, right?" she giggles again... an awfully bubbly hologram, wasn't she? You wonder why a game-show would have a mascot like this.
~Yawn
Lazy Kitsune

Re: Winner Takes All [devilbird]

Postby devilbird » Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:11 am

I am disoriented by the blinding lights as my eyes attempt to adjust. The heat coming off of them is actually pretty intense, and I am worried that it might effect my make up. I'd feel dreadful if the make-up crew had put in all that effort, just to be ruined shortly after I end up on camera.

I don't even get a chance to get my bearings when I am ushered to my seat by one of the staff. They attempt to ease my mind, but quickly rush off to finish last second preparations, doing little to settle my nerves. Still, I am given a few brief moments before the show starts, so I use them to survey my surroundings better.

Not long after, a younger woman appears before me. I have never seen her before, but have heard a little about her. She's very pretty, though I guess it makes sense for her to be programmed that way if the producers have that kind of control.

"H-hello," I reply, not used to this kind of advanced technology, " I suppose you can call m-"

I don't get to finish as she goes into her next question. I'm incredibly anxious about the interview, and being on camera in general. I must have taken too long to reply, for she starts to tease me. She like a real people person.

I breath for a moment before saying, "I guess I am a little stressed. I'm not used to being on camera."
devilbird

Postby Lazy Kitsune » Fri Apr 19, 2019 12:54 pm

The studio area you're in seems rather chaotic as you look around to get your bearings. You can see off of the interview set to all of what would be the backstage goings on, which seems to be consisting of a lot of people rummaging about and while you notice they're talking to each other, you can't hear anything their saying. Its as if there is something blocking the sound from reaching you, perhaps to prevent background noise entering your interview. Its hard to make out what exactly they're doing and moving around the place, given all the light seems to be concentrated on the small set at the centre of the room that you and Diana are sitting in, however it seems like much more work than what's required for just your interview. Perhaps they're already setting things up for the gameshow.

"Oh, but the camera loves you, Silvy!" Diana says cheerily, raising her hands up with her fingers out in L shapes to frame a rectangle around your head. "Very pretty, but in a reserved way... like a sexy librarian. Or mum. Whatever you're into." Giggling to herself, she sets her hands back down on her lap. "So, what is it that you do then?"
~Yawn
Lazy Kitsune

Postby devilbird » Tue May 21, 2019 5:51 pm

"Oh!" I exclaim as I get distracted by the chaos behind the camera, "I actually run a small charity locally called Open Arms. Our goal is to help the impoverished and destitute by getting them off the streets, and by offering them training for skills that will help them sustain themselves. With any luck, we'll be able to draw more attention to ourselves now, and expand our services to a larger area."

I found myself stuttering less as I gave my speech. It was easy to talk about, as I had rehearsed these lines a thousand times, even before the idea of applying for this show was given to me. It was hard to get people to care at times, but my earnest attitude won over more hearts than I ever thought it would. I truly believed in what I did, and that has often given me the strength to move forward. I pout a little when I think about how hard things are about to become, but I won't let it stop me. Even if I fail here, I will make sure that our name is heard.
devilbird

Postby Lazy Kitsune » Thu Jun 06, 2019 1:13 pm

"Open Arms? Wouldn't you get more customers if you were called Open Legs?" she says with a giggle and a wink to the camera. "Oh, I'm sure you'll be getting plenty of attention now, Silvy. And how do you feel about the upcoming game? Nervous, excited, terrified... horny?" She leans in, staring at you with a surprising amount of intent for a computer generated personality. Looking into her eyes you almost sense something serious, predatory and sinister... but that would be ridiculous, right? An A.I. can't put on a front, its just a mascot written to be funny and give the show some flavour. And just as quickly as you noticed it, the look was gone, replaced with Diana's usual cheery and inviting gaze. Did you just imagine it?
~Yawn
Lazy Kitsune

Postby devilbird » Sat Jun 08, 2019 3:06 am

"Um..." I reply confused. I squirm with discomfort under her gaze. I have no idea how to handle the sudden harassment. I feel like a mouse staring down a hungry cat. Was she supposed to be like this? I look toward the camera nervously. Was this part of the show? And then, as if nothing had just happened, she was acting the way she had just moments ago. The crew doesn't seem to be acting differently, and surely they would have heard her, right? My nerves must be getting the better of me, and causing me to hear things. I hated the thought of going on camera, as if I were on display. It's why I never appeared in advertisements for Open Arms. But I was here for a reason. People were counting on me. I swallowed my fears for the time being, and tried to forge ahead.

"Oh, definitely nervous," I answer, still on edge, "This is a little embarrassing to admit, but this will be my first introduction to the show, so I don't quite know what to expect."
devilbird

Postby Lazy Kitsune » Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:12 pm

"Oh? So we'll be popping your game show cherry then? I am honoured! Don't worry, we'll be gentle... at first." She sways with a wink and a giggle, giving a sly glance towards the camera before turning her attention back to you. "Well you can relax a little, we like to keep things fresh here on the Complex so contestants that watch regularly won't start with too much of a leg up on people like yourself. Besides, you seem like a smart woman. I'm sure you'll do brilliantly. I know I'll have my fingers crossed for you."

The hustle and bustle behind the scenes picks up again as some movement goes on across the room. Diana quickly continues talking though, to keep your attention on her. "Well, now that we've had time to get to know you, maybe you'd like to get to know some of the other contestants? While you've been talking to me, they've all been talking to... well, also me. Would you like to see what some of them have to say?"
~Yawn
Lazy Kitsune

Postby devilbird » Tue Jul 02, 2019 10:38 pm

Alright, those were definitely euphemisms. I may not be the most experienced woman around, but even I can recognize something so blatant. Did this mean that she found me attractive? I blush a little at that thought. The charity left me little time to date, so I have had too long of a dry spell at this point. Worse still that I was a little shy to talk to people. The most people that I often interacted with anymore where my coworkers, whom didn't date in the company, or found me too old or overweight for their tastes. All of this had resulted in my low resistance to this woman's aggressive flirting. Certainly I didn't notice that I was blushing on camera. But she was an AI; how would that even work? Had AI gotten so advanced in my time crunching numbers that they were capable of attraction? I spent so much time fretting about how she found me attractive, that I never worried about why.

"Ah, yes!" I was startled back into focus when she asked me about meeting the others. I agreed, so I could see who I was up against.
devilbird

Return to Private Games