Elder Scrolls: Argonian Explorer [Cliffracer]

Forum for publicly viewable but closed-group role-playing.

Re: Elder Scrolls: Argonian Explorer [Cliffracer]

Postby sogekik » Mon Jun 10, 2019 11:13 pm

she nods " of course, last night was fun," she tells you with a smile " I'll try to be back tonight too, I'll definitely get back before you get to sleep, but having some more fun is always worth it" she tells you with a grin once the kiss ended, " oh and watch out for bandits" she tells you
sogekik

Postby cliffracer » Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:20 am

Korin smiles wide. "Of course. See you tonight!"
Korin heads out and downstairs- first order of business, breakfast. She's got enough of a fund set aside for food, for now. She's just after something simple and filling, and once she's eaten, she'll leave the city (hopefully) and start travelling south.
Common Character: Hunter [x]. If we're in an RP/want to discuss an RP, I have a discord for casual contact. PM me about it.
cliffracer

Postby sogekik » Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:01 pm

the area to the south was mountainous but there was a clear path however between two mountainous regions
sogekik

Postby cliffracer » Fri Jun 14, 2019 5:17 am

Well, she didn't want to spend all her energy climbing all these mountains... she didn't quite have the fortitude for what she assumed to be a completely normal thing to the Nords. That pass was sure to have some kind of trouble in it, but there's no use in worrying about it! She does leave her armor off, but she keeps her daggers on her belt. Better to seem like a... misguided traveller than someone who knows how to fight.
Common Character: Hunter [x]. If we're in an RP/want to discuss an RP, I have a discord for casual contact. PM me about it.
cliffracer

Postby sogekik » Sat Jun 15, 2019 1:49 am

the parse was clear and reasonably short, running through to an open glade, and once inside you could get a good view of the ruins about halfway up the larger of the mountains
sogekik

Postby cliffracer » Sun Jun 16, 2019 4:08 am

That's refreshing- no bandits to worry about. Now that the ruins are in sight, Korin decide it's a good time to change in to her armor. Once she starts ascending and is actually at the place, it might not be as easy to get in to such a formfitting set. Once she's geared up, she doesn't hesitate! She's heading right up, slowing down a bit once she is actually making the approach.
cliffracer

Postby sogekik » Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:33 pm

the pathway up was steep and long but it made more sense than trying to scale the stark mountain face before you and after a little while you reached the top of the path and came across the ruins, which you could now see where being used as a camp by a group of bandits
sogekik

Postby cliffracer » Tue Jun 18, 2019 1:48 am

Bandits... are a problem. Sort of. Bandits are less predictable than the undead, but might be a bit easier to deal with through trickery. If their numbers are great, though, it'll depend... She's not going to get scared off yet, though. Hunkering down and using her tail for balance, she starts sneaking her way in and keeping her eye out for any lookouts these bandits have placed.
cliffracer

Postby sogekik » Wed Jun 19, 2019 5:33 pm

there were only five outside that you could see, all gathered near the old tomb's entrance, of these three of them were armed with bows and seemed to be keeping a watch, though they didn't seem especially vigilant
sogekik

Postby cliffracer » Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:56 pm

A token amount outside by the looks of it, but a few too many for her to deal with on her own. She's going to have to find a good place to sneak in from, because fighting her way in would end poorly and seducing her way in sounded like a great way to get tied up. She'll try her best to take a route that keeps her out of sight lines, ideally through the rubble and using the snowbanks for cover as she follows the wall to the door.

If she gets caught... she's not afraid to leverage her charm.
cliffracer

Postby sogekik » Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:15 pm

sneaking around from this side might get tricky, with stark drops or high visibility on either side, along the edge of the ruin, which was raised above the ground might work, if you could distract one of the bandit lookouts, or you could try going around and over the top to get to the entrance, but that'd take a long time if it was even possible*.

(*I have done this in skyrim before, I can't remember why)
sogekik

Postby cliffracer » Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:51 pm

Distracting a lookout to make an opening for herself was starting to seem like the most attractive option to her. She has an easy option to do so with, too- snowballs. All she needed to do was hit the target lookout in the face with one, and he'd probably be too busy yelling at his pals to notice her slipping in. Might make the rest of them drop their guard for a bit, too! She'll take the best route she gets when she tries it.
cliffracer

Postby sogekik » Thu Jun 20, 2019 6:20 pm

the guard was taken by surprise by the snowball, " Hey, who threw that?" he shouts " guys, I think we've got someone here!" he turns to shout to the others giving you an opportunity to get past
sogekik

Postby cliffracer » Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:38 pm

Korin grins. She didn't quite get the reaction she was hoping for, but it's still good enough that it'll sow anxiety among these lunks for now. With her opening made she slips on through, trying not to open the door too wide when she heads in just to make sure the motion doesn't get caught by anyone.
cliffracer

Postby sogekik » Sun Jun 23, 2019 5:19 pm

inside was dark, but there was a fire at the other end of the chamber, some dim light creeping through several cracks in the ceiling as well, and you could hear the bandits around the fire talking amongst themselves as you approach
sogekik

Postby cliffracer » Wed Jul 10, 2019 11:29 pm

Alright, she's in! That wasn't too bad. Making sure to close the door behind her, she keeps in the darkness while making her approach to the bandits around the fire. She just wants to eavesdrop for a moment to sate curiosity about their discussion, and perhaps gauge how distracted they might be. Anything that could help her figure out if she should sneak past or attempt something... be it diplomatic or violent.
cliffracer

Postby sogekik » Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:43 pm

"...come on this place is creepy, I swear I can hear moaning and groaning from down there" one of the bandits, a young Nord man, tells the other who was a red guard woman who chuckles in response.
", it's just the wind, it's not like anything lives in these old ruins"
"what? have you never seen a drugar before?"
" they're just a Norden myth, they don't actually exist," she tells him laughing once more
" yeah, they do, I've seen them, there are tonnes of them in places like this, this is a burial site"
"so there are some corpses. that doesn't mean that they walk around the place"
fortunately there was plenty of cover so you could stay hidden, but it seemed like the two of them where the only ones here
sogekik

Postby cliffracer » Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:50 pm

It looks like these bandits are a bit too superstitious to start exploring this tomb on their own, that's really good news for her. She might have problems on her way out, but at least while she's in there she'll likely only have draugr to deal with. If she leaves these two alone, the ones outside won't think anything is up besides that snowball.

...She really wants to get in to that nord's head some, but doing it while she's in the same room could get her caught. She sneaks past, but once she's out of their sightlines, she'll scrape her claws against the stone a few times to make some spooky noise before moving on.
cliffracer

Postby sogekik » Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:20 pm

"what was that?" the nord asks the other hesitantly,
" who knows maybe you should go investigate it?" the Red guard suggests
" can't you go? uh... fine alright I'll be back in a minute" he says begrudgingly and sure enough you hear footsteps following you as you push deeper
sogekik

Postby cliffracer » Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:09 pm

Korin's separated the two! She can definately work with this, she's getting all sorts of ideas to mess with this poor bandit and hopefully keep the rest off her back. All she needs to do is lure him a bit deeper without dragging him straight in to the draugr, so she makes a couple more scratchy noises while picking out a nice hiding place. From there, she just needs to pay attention to how he's acting during his approach. If he's paying too much attention, she'll see how well sticking her butt out can bait him. If he's not paying attention, she'll pounce and try to cover his mouth while taking him to the floor.
cliffracer

PreviousNext

Return to Private Games