Shadow king[Reaperbones]

Forum for publicly viewable but closed-group role-playing.

Re: Shadow king[Reaperbones]

Postby sogekik » Sat Mar 23, 2019 9:45 am

" you've not done anything to show me otherwise yet, if you do, I can always kill you" she shows you after a minute
sogekik

Postby Reaperbones » Sat Mar 23, 2019 7:57 pm

Alex let out a chuckled and spoke. "Well I guess that's true. Well hopefully I never betray your trust."
Reaperbones

Postby sogekik » Sat Mar 23, 2019 8:42 pm

she nods " you better hope so" she writes out, looking kind of amused as she moves on
sogekik

Postby Reaperbones » Sat Mar 23, 2019 9:11 pm

(I imagine Micil in the outfit from the picture and every time I do I'm like, damn that assassin can take my life any day.)
Alex chuckled again and nodded to himself. He knew he made a good choice with Micil. He kept quiet until they got to their destination.
Reaperbones

Postby sogekik » Sat Mar 23, 2019 9:53 pm

(XD, I can understand that)
she writes as she walks you into the cistern, " here we are, I'll be as quick as I can getting back," she shows you once you where there. it was much like the other, but as she'd already told you it had a stream of water flowing into it,
sogekik

Postby Reaperbones » Sat Mar 23, 2019 10:08 pm

Alex nodded to her and found a nice shadowy spot to sit. He spoke as she left. "I'll miss you!"
Reaperbones

Postby sogekik » Sun Mar 24, 2019 7:21 am

she waves as she heads off before leaving you alone
sogekik

Postby Reaperbones » Sun Mar 24, 2019 7:00 pm

Alex closed his eyes and focused on the sounds around him. He tried to push back everything from his mind and focused only on the sound of running water. Once he felt his mind was clear enough he tried to feel the magic in the air around him. These were the first steps to any caster's meditation.
Reaperbones

Postby sogekik » Sun Mar 24, 2019 8:05 pm

you found that magic was actually surprisingly strong down here, particularly the darker kind that you where attuned to, but it seemed ambient and it wasn't easy to pin down and was likely nothing more than the sewer itself
sogekik

Postby Reaperbones » Mon Mar 25, 2019 6:26 pm

Alex thought over what he wanted to do. He tried to attune completely to the ambient magic, maybe he could use it to expand his senses. There had to be some way the queen was using this to navigate.
Reaperbones

Postby sogekik » Mon Mar 25, 2019 7:43 pm

(XD Physically physically physically physically)
it was a fair assumption but it wasn't easy to pinpoint anything at the moment, but i gave you a sense of how vast the tunnels around you where, you could feel the darkness getting stronger the deeper things went as well so the source was likely below you
sogekik

Postby Reaperbones » Mon Mar 25, 2019 8:49 pm

(What's with the physically? Did I do something stupid?)
Alex let out a sigh and broke his concentration on the magic around him. He wished that he had more time to study magic, but time wasn't with him when it came to balancing the world. He decided to practice making a brighter flame without expending too much extra energy. Unless he could give himself night vision, he'd need a better source of light.
Reaperbones

Postby sogekik » Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:13 pm

(look at your post before hand, I literally quoted it XD)
giving yourself knight vision might be possible but you'dd probably need some help actually working out how to do it, especially as it wasn't similar to anything you'd done before. as you practiced you found that the improvement was slow, but it was there, and it probably wouldn't take you too long to get there
sogekik

Postby Reaperbones » Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:59 pm

(I really can't find the word 'physically' in my post. Maybe it's something only on your end?)
Alex actually found himself glad that his meditation ended so quickly. It gave him more time to practice while he waited for his lovely companion to come back
Reaperbones

Postby sogekik » Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:13 pm

(it is I just worked it out XD, so I have a web extension that substitutes words, which i regularly forget about, one of the substitutions is expand to -> physically expand, which for some reason iterated several times. it's based off of several comics from XKCD, which if your into nerdy stuff is pretty good usually, and I have the expansion because it makes the news more interesting, especially when you don't even realise that the news story isn't in fact about Donald trump falling out with the elf lords (substitute for senators), I think this is the second time I've actually noticed it when responding to posts here)

eventually Micil came back and stood waiting for you quietly near where you'd entered the chamber
sogekik

Postby Reaperbones » Tue Mar 26, 2019 1:08 am

(You're ridiculous lol)
Alex spotted her and held up the small flame. "Hey I'm not blind down here anymore."
Reaperbones

Postby sogekik » Tue Mar 26, 2019 1:37 am

" that's good" she writes out and shows you, before turning it to write again, and showing you " so how did it go?" this time
sogekik

Postby Reaperbones » Tue Mar 26, 2019 5:21 am

Alex shrugged and spoke. "I can feel stronger rmagic deeper down, but other than that nothing. We'll have to get some supplies and just see how deep we can go."
Reaperbones

Postby sogekik » Tue Mar 26, 2019 7:55 am

she nods " so head back? we could try asking the firey lady" she suggests
sogekik

Postby Reaperbones » Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:09 pm

Alex nodded and walked over to her. He smiled and spoke. "I feel like I'll be spending a few too many days down here and maybe a couple nights."
Reaperbones

PreviousNext

Return to Private Games