Shadow king[Reaperbones]

Forum for publicly viewable but closed-group role-playing.

Re: Shadow king[Reaperbones]

Postby sogekik » Tue Mar 05, 2019 1:51 am

the lord was middle-aged, reasonably short, definitely well fed, and clearly used to a lavish life style, " no, not that I'm aware of" he tells you, clearly not sure of what to make of you
sogekik

Postby Reaperbones » Tue Mar 05, 2019 2:19 am

Alex looked at the general and spoke. "I think I'll need a source of lightning and some wires. Maybe some hooks as well. Tiny ones."
Alex then looked to the Lord. "So you're sure that your heart isn't going to stop randomly should we apply lightning?"
Reaperbones

Postby sogekik » Tue Mar 05, 2019 2:20 am

the general nods to the soldier who heads off. " how the hell would I know? listen if you want to know something just ask, there's no need to torture me" he tells you
sogekik

Postby Reaperbones » Tue Mar 05, 2019 2:23 am

Alex gave him a smirk. "No I can't trust someone who would let their city fall into such disrepair. How many lies have you told in your life?"
Reaperbones

Postby sogekik » Tue Mar 05, 2019 2:35 am

" probably no more than you will have done by my age, probably fewer major ones; though lies aren't always a bad thing. as for the city, it's been this way for most of the last 100 years ever since the fall of the Orlay empire. I haven't been in charge nearly that long, or ever really, I'm just a puppet, and I have been since I was given control, I never really had any power." he tells you
sogekik

Postby Reaperbones » Tue Mar 05, 2019 3:36 am

Alex smiled and spoke. "I haven't even had to ask more than one question and I got so many answers. Well keep it coming."
Reaperbones

Postby sogekik » Tue Mar 05, 2019 3:59 am

" I told you most of that when I briefed you" Andros chips in.
"you want to be looking for the woman who calls herself the queen of the city, but I don't know where to find her, and I haven't met her, I always got orders Via a messenger
sogekik

Postby Reaperbones » Tue Mar 05, 2019 4:04 am

Alex gave Andros a frown before looking back at the Lord. He spoke with a grave tone. "You're the first link in a chain, and you best hope you can guide me to the next chain. If you don't then I'm going to test how long it takes a brain to fry at low voltage. So the messengers, can you identify them?"
Reaperbones

Postby sogekik » Tue Mar 05, 2019 4:11 am

" maybe, but they where different every time it makes it difficult to keep track, I might be able to identify one of them if I saw them though, and I have some Ideas as to who the 'queen' might be or at least some notions," he tells you, seeming far to calm given the situation he was in. " for example if rumours are to believe, then she'd be at least a hundred and fifty , so she's probably an elf, given that there aren't any high elves in the city, and few wood or other elves, I'd imagine a dark elf is most likely, they're almost certainly the leader of at least one of the gangs, and they're probably not in the city itself, though they could be beneath it, there's a maze of old sewers, rat ways, and etc. down there, so that'd be my guess, if you don't know it well then it'd be a maze" he tells you
sogekik

Postby Reaperbones » Tue Mar 05, 2019 4:12 am

Alex listened to him while nodding. He stopped and looked at his new assassin before asking. "So how much of this should I consider bullshit? Got any idea?"
Reaperbones

Postby sogekik » Tue Mar 05, 2019 4:17 am

Micil shrugged, and after a few moments wrote out, " hard to say, people in this city aren't usually that reliable.But she probably is an elf, and I don't think someone like that would be stupid enough to reveal themselves, and the underground parts of the city are chaotic" she writes out
sogekik

Postby Reaperbones » Tue Mar 05, 2019 4:19 am

Alex leaned against the wall and spoke. "Should we give him a few shocks to make sure he isn't lying?"
Alex looked the lord up and down before continuing. "I'm sure I could make sure that it doesn't stop his heart, but does cause him immense pain."
Reaperbones

Postby sogekik » Tue Mar 05, 2019 4:26 am

"Well Micil just confirmed most of what he's just told you, but it's up to you, your the prince after all" she tells you.
" there's no need for that, I'm cooperating," he tells you, momentarily showing fear
sogekik

Postby Reaperbones » Tue Mar 05, 2019 4:28 am

Alex nodded to Andros and continued his show. He spoke as he looked at Cyrus. "How can I be so sure that you aren't twisting general information? Maybe you just drew inspiration from seeing my dark Elf assassin? I need a good reason to believe you. And people tend to be honest when at death's door."
Reaperbones

Postby sogekik » Tue Mar 05, 2019 4:38 am

" people also tend to tell you what you want them to when you torture them." Cyrus points out " Aside from that it's easy enough to check, I have census data in my office, and if you don't check that, you have plenty of soldiers who you could use to check it. I think you'd find that about 65 percent of the population is human, and about 8 or 9 percent are elven, of those about 75% are dark elves with 20% being dark elves and 4% being wood elves. of the other 26% of the population there are very few who could reliably run a criminal empire for a hundred years." he tells you, the guard Andros had sent off had returned
sogekik

Postby Reaperbones » Tue Mar 05, 2019 4:45 am

Alex nodded and spoke. "Alright then we'll go confirm this data. Before I leave I'd like to specify two things. I will kill you if I found you lied. And second you will die if you try to escape."
Alex looked to the guards and spoke. "If he proves to be any sort of trouble, kill him. Understood?"
Reaperbones

Postby sogekik » Tue Mar 05, 2019 4:51 am

they nod, " I won't be trying to escape, I don't exactly have anywhere to go at the moment, the only information that might be wrong is that she may not be in the sewers and she may not be an elf, but that would be my best guess, do remember I said it was my best guess" he tells you doing his best to make sure you remembered that fact
sogekik

Postby Reaperbones » Tue Mar 05, 2019 6:17 am

Alex gave the lord a wicked grin and spoke. "You can emphasize that all you want, but I don't care. I already have enough reasons to kill you. Alright take him to his room, if we find any suspects we'll bring you to identify them. Sound good? Alright now off with you."
Alex waited until he left to speak. "He's a fucking coward, folded like paper."
Reaperbones

Postby sogekik » Tue Mar 05, 2019 6:46 am

Andros smirks " good, makes using him all the easier" she comments, " so what now? we have some leads to go on but it's pretty vague at this point" she tells you
sogekik

Postby Reaperbones » Tue Mar 05, 2019 6:54 am

Alex looked to Micil and spoke. "So how far up the chain can you take me?"
Reaperbones

PreviousNext

Return to Private Games