World of Ithys [AnnaxKermitxKuragari]

Forum for publicly viewable but closed-group role-playing.

Re: World of Ithys [AnnaxKermitxKuragari]

Postby Kuragari » Sat Sep 15, 2018 7:41 am

"She doesn't sound like someone we want to bump into... the Goblins did say there were villages in the area..." Madeline remarks as she finished getting dressed and gatheringher gear.

Seiran flies up above the trees and flies higher and higher. Its about five minutes before your high enough to have a good view of the area. To what you guess is the north are some hills and a small mountain range... to the south is thicker forest. West you can see what looks like a walled town or settlement of some kind. But to the East... is a large, black stone temple with three spiralled towers. It gives you some bad vibes...

But then... you get a flash of something. A figure chained to the floor... a figure you recognize... and never expected to see again. The figure looks up and mouths your name... and the word... help.

Its... its Icaria!!!
Kuragari

Postby kermitphrogg114 » Sat Sep 15, 2018 7:55 am

"I... I don't know," Seiran says. "It might be my past... I mean, Ithys caused some... interesting changes in her followers, like that goblin chief we saw."

She flies up and looks around. She sees mountains, forests, a couple villages... and a black stone temple that radiated dark energy. It must be the Temple the goblins were talking about. She shudders just looking at it.

Just then, she sees someone familiar, bound in chains - her childhood friend, Icaria, calling for help!

She shakes her head. Is it an illusion? Is it a trap? Could her friend really be alive?!

She takes a deep breath. Try as she might, she feels she needs to investigate. Much as she dislikes the idea of getting near such a dark place, she still needs to know. She flies back down, and tells them what she saw - but not the vision. Not yet, anyways.

"So I think Anna might be right," she says, reluctantly, "we're going to have to investigate the Temple sooner or later. I'd say we should check the nearby village for supplies, however."
kermitphrogg114

Postby Kuragari » Sat Sep 15, 2018 7:58 am

Madeline nods at this. "Sounds like a good idea. Though are you alright Seiran? You look like you saw a ghost..."
Kuragari

Postby AnnaKimly » Sat Sep 15, 2018 7:59 am

Anna does a doubletake and looks at seiran… "really?" she asks, confused by the sudden full reverse the angel had done... she wanted to investigate the temple because the corrupt magic... it, well honestly, was alluring to the chaos deep down in Anna's soul. she wanted to see what was at its heart, and... what? She takes note of Madeline's comment "yea, you look a little pale Seiran."
for lack of a better signature;

my paypal dead....
AnnaKimly

Postby kermitphrogg114 » Sat Sep 15, 2018 8:05 am

"I..." Seiran hesitates. "I thought I saw someone... someone I lost.. A... a friend."

She looks downwards, feeling miserable about the memories.

"I-I think she's trapped at the Temple," she confesses. "I was looking at it, and I suddenly got a vision of her, trapped and in chains. I know it's foolish to try and save her, but... I have to..."
kermitphrogg114

Postby AnnaKimly » Sat Sep 15, 2018 8:09 am

"if you have to... we will" anna says. "Seiran, i'm here for you." she adds, knowing even if this Ithys goddess were there anna would protect the angel... and some part of her 'hoped' it was this Ithys so anna could get rid of her... Anna was willing to give herself for Seiran, she was that important now. and nothing short of death, which she already cheated and beat, would keep her from protecting her...

my paypal dead....
AnnaKimly

Postby Kuragari » Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:04 am

Madeline nods her head in agreement upon learning the reason for Seiran's change of opinion on that temple.

"We may have only just met, but I think of you as a friend, both of you. And I'm more than willing to help both of you with anything I can. We'll get to your friend and rescue her. And if it turns out someone was just playing a trick on your mind, we can beat them upside the head for it."
Kuragari

Postby kermitphrogg114 » Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:13 am

Seiran looks at the two other girls and smiles.

"I... I'm so grateful, you two," she says. "It's going to be difficult, though; Ithys was skilled in subterfuge and treachery, so the road ahead may be tricky. There might be more goblins. Or worse.

"Let's head to the nearest town to prepare..."
kermitphrogg114

Postby Kuragari » Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:19 am

Madeline nods and together the three of you set off in the direction of the town you saw. Its about an hour into the walk that you find a dirt road that seems to lead towards the town, but after another hour the light in the forest begins to dim as the sun starts setting.

Madeline is about to suggest finding a good place to camp for the night, when Anna spots a signpost at an upcoming fork in the road. One points towards the town and says Alaquai, while the other says "Silver Silk Inn"
Kuragari

Postby kermitphrogg114 » Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:24 am

Seiran hesitates.

"What about money?" she asks. "I don't think I have much on me, and I'm not sure if they'll accept any cash I have."
kermitphrogg114

Postby Kuragari » Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:09 am

"I have a few gold coins from my world... they might be worth something at least." Madeline says, then after tapping her chin in thought, adds "I can also perform to earn us enough coin, and we could ask if the owner needs help in exchange for a room."
Kuragari

Postby AnnaKimly » Sat Sep 15, 2018 4:45 pm

Anna fishes around in her robes, now fully clothed in the garb of a shrine maiden... "AHA!!!" she pulls out her hand and holds it high with a goofy smile... before showing her palmful... of rubies. "i still have some of mom's tribute" she says with a sad smile as she looks at the little red jewels, about 11 in total, all quite tiny really.

my paypal dead....
AnnaKimly

Postby kermitphrogg114 » Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:01 pm

"Th-that might help, actually," Seiran says in surprise. "I've got some coins here... though maybe we should save the rubies for an emergency; we might draw attention with them..."

She checks the direction of the village, before guiding the other two there.
kermitphrogg114

Postby Kuragari » Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:06 pm

Smiling, Madeline turns to Seiran and says "See, I think we should be fine. They may not be local coins... but gold is gold at the end of the day isn't it?"

It's less a village and more a large Inn a short ways down the path... there's a stable nearby as well as what looks like a smokehouse. The scent of smoked venison and rabbit emerges from it as you draw closer and examine the building more. It's a wide three story building, though the third floor might be more of a slightly big attic. Light pours from several windows as darkness descends, and you can hear some voices and laughter from one window that's slightly ajar. The place seems rather cozy over all, though you do find of interest the fact that the sign above the door shows what looks like some kind of spider weaving a roll of silver silk from it's own webbing.

There has got to be a story for that.

"Well, who wants to go through first?" Madeline asked with a giggle before stepping forward and walking on in, where you find a large common area with tables and some chairs, as well as a dining area off to the side. A small bar is situated right where the Innkeeper is, a busty looking Elf girl who smiles brightly as the group enters. You notice however Seiran that she is the only elf in this place- the rest all appear to be humans with the exception of a pair of dwarves.

"Well hi there! You folks certainly aren't from around here." She says as she looks each of us over in turn. "What can I do for you this fine evening?"
Kuragari

Postby AnnaKimly » Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:10 pm

"uuum, we need a room... and, a meal?" Anna says calmly, looking around... this place, made her want to... to do stuff, to be alive and enjoy. but that might also just be the scent of the alcohol in the air so thick she could get a buzz... and Anna had never been able to hold her liquor at all... "mmmmm, do you have honey wine??? or Sake?" she asks, already feeling a little drunk from the scents and sounds of the inn...

my paypal dead....
AnnaKimly

Postby kermitphrogg114 » Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:14 pm

"Well, we're travelers, and we've gotten lost around here," Seiran begins, "so we're wondering where we are, and kind of wondering about where to get supplies and the like.

"Also, what's with the tavern sign? It's... interesting..."
kermitphrogg114

Postby Kuragari » Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:24 pm

Madeline joins in the queries by asking "We're also not sure if we have money you can accept..." She slides her coins over to the Elven lass and adds "And so were wondering if you can't take our coin if there's anything we can do around here for a room and a warm meal for the evening."

The Innkeeper eyes the coins Madeline placed and hums a bit. "Well, these aren't the coin I'm used to... but they do look to be made of real gold. I can accept them, but it looks like you only have enough for a room for all three of you, not for a meal. We can always use an extra hand serving drinks though, though fair warning some of the guests are a bit grabby towards pretty ladies."

As for Honey Wine, they do indeed have that, though she has no idea what Sake is.

"Your in the Kingdom of Valsia. Small kingdom on the borders of the corrupt lands... specifically we're on the border with the lands under the influence of that Lust Goddess... Ithys I think is her name."

Well, that confirms it for Seiran... Ithys had been a Goddess of Lust and Love both, but given the way she'd become corrupted in your world, the former had become the more obvious piece of her divinity.

The Innkeeper's smile widens a bit and she says "Legend has it that the person who built this place was actually some sort of witch or sorceress, who was part human and part spider and used her magic to hide that from others. She would use her Spider silk to make beautiful silk cloth to sell until she had enough money to build this place so she could convince a merchant's son she was infatuated with that she was worth marrying for more than just her looks."

"No idea if it's true or not, but that's what I was told when I inherited the place from my mother."
Kuragari

Postby AnnaKimly » Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:28 pm

Anna smiles, glad they have enough and a method to make more for dinner... "I can serve a few drinks for some honey wine and dinner for everyone" She says with a smile... she groans a little bit at the corrupt lands bit, before the innkeeper starts talking about the tale of the inn. Anna listens to the story curiously, then leans forward, a bit close to her... "Are you a spider?" she asks, looking like a innocent child to her companions... "Because you look like an elf, and some elves are spiders..."

my paypal dead....
AnnaKimly

Postby kermitphrogg114 » Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:30 pm

"Isn't it dangerous?" Seiran asks in concern. "I mean, you can see the temple from here.

"And how long has this Goddess been around? Where'd she come from?"

She smacks Anna lightly for the question about spiders.

"Anna," she hisses, "that's not a polite question to ask. And I don't think she's a drider!"
kermitphrogg114

Postby AnnaKimly » Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:34 pm

ow!" anna whines at the smack, pouting a bit at the angel... "its not impolite... and I didn't say she was a drider… I asked if she was spider..." she says with a pouty huff

my paypal dead....
AnnaKimly

PreviousNext

Return to Private Games