Our Hidden Sins (Reaperbones/Sallin_Kari)

Forum for publicly viewable but closed-group role-playing.

Re: Our Hidden Sins (Reaperbones/Sallin_Kari)

Postby Reaperbones » Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:06 am

Alex walked over to the wolf and whistled. It opened it's glowing blue eyes and looked at him before stretching and rising to it's feet. He double checked all the equipment that hung on it's sides before patting one of the bags. "The wolf's name is Fenrir. I've got all your stuff in here, or at least everything your village let you keep. Now get over here, I'm bored with berating you so now we get to move on to introducing you to where you'll spend the rest of your days. Also I have some jewelry for you."
Alex waited for Lara to get over to him before placing the collar around her neck. He then helped her on the wolf, and climbed on behind her. The wolf rose and they began walking through the city; Dragon's Bed was the only human city in existence. It was a grand city resembling America in the 1940's, but without the billowing smoke from the factories. Almost everything in the city ran on magic or some by-product of magic. This was only possible because they city sat right in the center of one of the few magical nexuses in the world. Dragon's Wall, the mountains surrounding the nation, was visible inside the city due to the height of it's peaks. It had been part of what made the war so one sided. No race could safely cross the mountains and were forced to go through the Dragon's Maw in order to invade effectively. He spoke as the wolf trotted down the streets alongside other living and mechanical beasts of burden. "Alright little miss, let me tell you about your new home. The city is called Dragon's Bed, the place where humans and dragons rose together from the ashes of the first war. It's split into seven sections. A center section surrounded by six equally sized districts. The center is the home of the military and government. We are heading to the Southern district also known as Dragon's Mind. It's the center of all magical and scientific studies in the city. It's also where my home is. Oh yeah, speak Common when talking to the people here. Not all of them have nifty translator earrings like me. The major language we speak here is Draconic, but we all learn Common in school. You'll notice most of the signs are in Draconic, but don't worry food stores will also have a sign written in Common. What the other districts do is of no concern for you right now."
The streets were only a little busy this early in the morning so the trip to the house was mostly uneventful. Some glances at Erami'lara were made, but after the people spotted the collar they just gave her a nod and returned to their business. A couple of slaves actually gave her a slight smile and a nod. They reached Alex's house, which was also his shop, just as people were really starting to fill the streets. The shop was simple in design. Two story building with a large glass window with Draconic words written on it and door entered just a bit off to the left. The second floor was his home and attached to the store was a solid brick building with a single garage door. Alex climbed off the wolf, but indicated for Erami'lara to stay on. He walked the wolf over to the garage door and ran his hand over a rune to the side. The door rose up and the wolf walked in. Alex spoke as he entered and the door closed behind him. "I'm gonna unpack stuff. Feel free to walk around and examine your new workplace. Once I'm done we'll go have a sit down in the kitchen. Lay down the ground rules."
Reaperbones

Postby Sallin_Kari » Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:15 pm

I look over the wolf, trying to see what I was left. He mentioned my glaive prior, so that is one item, likely, considering how many members of my house contributed to it, it is considered an 'inconvenience' that is better disappeared from the elven world, even if it means giving it to the boogeymen that are the humans. He then pulls out a collar and places it on me, making me feel very much as if I'm a trophy to him. I wouldn't find it surprising in the least that he feels pride in having someone so hated as me as a pet slave. Regardless, after adorning his trophy, he is clearly ready to leave, attempting to help me onto the wolf. Not needing his help, but not wishing to seem obnoxious, I take his hand, before easily climbing onto it. He then took a position behind me, which is less than comfortable for me. Leaning forward, my hands search for a hold on the canine golem's neck or shoulder area.

As we move through the city, I idly listen to his explanations as I watch those that looks at me, their eyes all falling on my collar. The idea of me being treated like a trophy sinks deeper into my mind. Despite this, my mind still wanders. This city is massive, considering how young it is. Certainly a marvel for that reason if no other. No elves or dwarves could do the same. It'd been a twenty years before we'd finish the first permanent shelters, while I have no doubts the humans had them done within a year... Slightly curious I wonder if any first generation homes still remain from the time they were still broken and bloody from the first war.

Once we arrive at the destination I wander out to the store front, examining what wears he peddles. There is a saying among the elves that the truest way to know a person is though their craftsmanship. Do they let their passions get the best of them as they work, or do they keep a calm, detail focused mind? Do they experiment or sticks to a mastered style? Do they loss themselves in their work, able to spend hours as if it was minutes, or do they find it to be a monotonous task where minutes pass as hours? So many things leave a subtle mark on their work if you know how to look.
Random person in the comments section of a random hentai manga- "Now I am ashamed of myself."
Me- "Posh, shame is for fools and people with friends... we need no such things, we have the internet."
Sallin_Kari

Postby Reaperbones » Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:13 am

The items in the shop all seem plain from a distance, but when you take a closer look you noticed that the magic on them is complex and powerful. The rifles on the shelves had what you could best identify as defensive and offensive magic woven directly into the barrel. You weren't sure the exact magic due to it's foreign nature, but if you had to compare it, you'd guess it could stand up to even some of the most powerful of Gnomish enchantments. The forging on the metal was equivalent if not better than some of the best Dwarven weapons you've seen. Passing the guns lined up neatly, you found shields and armors of foreign design. You could feel the defensive and healing magic radiating from them, but the design was too foreign for you to identify the materials used. The next thing that caught your eye, stole your attention completely. There was a bin of unstrung red amulets that all radiated with life magic. The only time you had even seen that much life magic in one spot was when a druid was resurrecting a tree. You found yourself rolling one of the amulets in your hand with an awestruck face. You couldn't tell what type of gemstone was placed inside it, but you do know it held the magic perfectly. The more you held the amulet more little differences you noticed in the magic woven into it. Regeneration, good health, clear mind, and even more that you can't recognize. Your inspection is interrupted by a voice. "What do you think makes that one amulet so special?"
Reaperbones

Postby Sallin_Kari » Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:29 am

Utilitarian, lacking garnishes, rather focusing on practicalities. Still, it seems that human craftsmanship has come a long way from the days of legend, where they could be described as average at best... Draconic knowledge I'd presume.

My eyes lock on to the amulet. Gently lifting it up, I let it slowly turn as I examine each face in turn. It is certainly powerful, and strange. Hearing my master ask, I give my assessment, my eyes not leaving this masterpiece for a moment, "The gemstone. It's clearly very rare, and capable of retaining the enchantments and many at that. It is likely that this gem can only be created in areas with incredibly high magical density, hence it's high affinity for magic."
Random person in the comments section of a random hentai manga- "Now I am ashamed of myself."
Me- "Posh, shame is for fools and people with friends... we need no such things, we have the internet."
Sallin_Kari

Postby Reaperbones » Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:35 am

Alex moved from the doorway as she answered. He scoffed at her answer before grabbing another amulet from a nearby shelf. He held it up and spoke. "This has the same gemstone, but not the same value."
He placed it back and pointed at the bin with the unstrung amulets. "I didn't ask about the gemstone. I ask what made that amulet special. What is it?"
Reaperbones

Postby Sallin_Kari » Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:42 am

I pause, turning my head towards him, to try to figure out what he means. If he means the enchantments with in, then that is obvious... Too obvious to be what he means. So what else is he getting at? Sentimental value then? Confuses I just stare at him.
Sallin_Kari

Postby Reaperbones » Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:48 am

Alex stared at her waiting for an answer. After a minute of silence he spoke. "Bahumet be damned, what Drew you to the amulet out of the magic in this store? It's not a trick question, just answer already."
Reaperbones

Postby Sallin_Kari » Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:51 am

"It has a large amount of life magic in it..." I answer still clearly confused... So it was about how powerful the enchantments were? Then why bring it up?
Sallin_Kari

Postby Reaperbones » Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:19 am

Alex gave her a frown before shrugging and walking over. He took an amulet out of the bin and held it up. He spoke as he looked her in the eyes. "I thought you elves were the artistic and poetic type though I shouldn't be surprised that someone unwilling to risk their life for others would understand. This amulet doesn't just have life magic in it. It's a life in itself."
Alex put the amulet back and gestured around the store. He spoke as he pointed at various items. "Swords and guns to take lives, armor and shields to protect them, and jewelry to enhance them. None of those compare to what each of those amulets mean. Each on is a shield from a fatal disease, a wound healed in weeks not months, healthier growth for children, and stronger bodies for the elderly. Most of all though, a second chance should your end come to early. Each of those amulets have enough life magic stored in them to heal any fatal wound once. After it saves the life of it's wielder, the gem crumbles. Each gem takes an entire day to craft and enchant, and during that time I have to focus only on enchanting it. Do you understand what that means?"
Reaperbones

Postby Sallin_Kari » Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:28 am

Spoiler (click to show/hide):

I have no idea how you expected me to guess that.

"I'm terribly sorry that my specialties are not of your liking," I respond, my face returning to a neutral position. So what makes it special was indeed how potent the magic was. For his next question, "I would say that it is the most valuable thing you can create, but I suspect you mean that you intent to have me fill in your role, making lesser trinkets while you are creating one of these."
Sallin_Kari

Postby Reaperbones » Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:49 am

You weren't meant too sorry. I just needed to set up the right environment for Alex to be a jack ass while sharing his philosophy. I specifically gave you limited information so she'd give the best answer she could as an elf, but a lot of the magic that would have given the answer is in the Draconic runes.

Alex waved off her fake apology as he headed for the firearms. She spoke of him having her make trinkets and sighed. He spoke as he grabbed a rifle and held it out to her. "No, as much as I think you're a poor excuse as a person, I won't deny you're a damn good enchanter. I'm going to teach you how to make those and how to enchant other things like swords and armor. I won't be able to teach you the forging aspect of it, but you should be able to learn Draconic Runic Magic quickly enough. Well it's either that or I start punishing you for laziness, but that's besides the point. I bought you because while there are many families who are thankful for you sneaking those soldiers out, there are more who are suffering from your uncle deciding to slaughter prisoners of war, and I intend for you to make as many people happy as your lack of courage made sad. Understood?"
Reaperbones

Postby Sallin_Kari » Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:00 am

By the way, if Lara manages across some elfwood, I have an interesting little craft project she could do. On a different note, if he commanded her to speak when he was going on about how things weren't set, and how everything could played out better, things would have gotten interesting.

So... rather than trinkets he wants me to make weapons and armor... I suppose I should be surprised considering how clearly geared his store is towards the art of war. And he continues hammering on about his unreasonable expectation about how I was apparently suppose to save everyone. "Understood."
Sallin_Kari

Postby Reaperbones » Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:48 pm

Alex looked at Lara and could tell she wasn't fully convinced on something. He shrugged and spoke as he put the amulet back. "It doesn't matter whether or not you truly understand. Just do as you're told, and you'll have a chance at freedom."
Alex started walking but let out a sigh and stopped. He moved to one of the display cases and leaned against it. He spoke as he gave her a frown. "Let's just make sure this is understood. I dislike you. I hate your uncle. I don't expect you to understand why. It's obvious you care more about your own health than other's, so I'll clarify something. I don't plan on raping you, I don't plan on hitting you, but I will punish you. I will take away your privilege's one by one until you are little more than a house pet. If you do well then I will give you rewards, and maybe you'll earn people status in my book. Oh and on a note of that medicine the doctor gave you? I'm only required to give you that if I don't replenish your mana another way, so count it and going to the forest as privileges. As much as I enjoy blowjobs, do me a favor a behave well enough that I don't have to start forcing you to receive your medicine orally. Now if that's understood then I'll show you to the bathroom so you can clean up and we can start you studying Draconic."
Reaperbones

Postby Sallin_Kari » Mon Sep 17, 2018 11:06 pm

"I am fully aware of your disdain for me, and the fact I did not save more human lives," I reply, trying to choke down my own disgust at the idea of being sexually reliant on him for mana. I have theories on why he is so unreasonable, but it will be a sore subject, so I dare not broach it. Instead, I simply comply, following him, fully intending on meeting that bare minimum to avoid such a revolting fate.
Sallin_Kari

Postby Reaperbones » Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:39 am

Alex lead her through an archway that lead to the entrance way. To the left was the front door of the shop while to the right was the register and counter. He spoke as he pointed to the counter. "That's where customers pay and place commissions. After I have you trained in writing and reading Draconic, I'll see if you can be anything besides silent and melancholy. If you can manage to sound friendly and professional with all races, I'll have you work the counter some days."
Alex guided her around the counter and to a staircase that lead up to a closed door. Opening the door that lead to his home. They entered into a dining room and living room combination which had a table with four chairs around it. Closer to the windows to the right was a single couch that faced towards the window. Table with a clear orb in the middle of it sat between the couch and the window. The dining room was connected to a fairly simple kitchen to their left, and straight ahead was the door that led to the bedroom. Alex lead her through the dining room and into the bedroom where he pointed at a door that was on the left-hand wall then pointed to a door that was on the far wall and a few feet to the left of the bed. "That is the bathroom, and that is the closet that will be converted into your bedroom. It's big enough for the spare futon I had and it has shelves should you earn the right to have people things. So would you rather wear that strap of cloth around your chest or should I grab you one of my spare shirts and potentially a pair of pants?"
Reaperbones

Postby Sallin_Kari » Sat Sep 22, 2018 1:04 am

As he points out the register, I am suddenly struck with a great deal of homesickness for my own little store. Silently I follow him as knots form in my stomach.

The living quarters proper did little to comfort me, being very alien in design. The wood was dead, the walls angular and oppressive, even the furniture felt off. Oh how I longed for my little home. Still, I struggle to keep a neutral face through out the tour. At least I will have privacy and reprieve from this insult-happy man. In response his question I break my silence, "I would prefer proper clothes, yes."
Sallin_Kari

Postby Reaperbones » Sat Sep 22, 2018 11:34 pm

Alex listened to her and walked over to his dresser. He grabbed a simple black t-shirt, a pair of green cargo pants, and a belt. He brought them over to her and spoke. "I lack a bra, but don't worry, as pretty as you are, I'm not interested in cowardly people. Now come on, I need a shower."
Alex walked led her into the bathroom where he pointed to the fancy tub. He spoke as he waited for her. "You'll be using that, I'll show you how it works. Go ahead and get undressed."
Reaperbones

Postby Sallin_Kari » Sat Sep 22, 2018 11:41 pm

I'm not sure if that is suppose to be insulting or reassuring, but he seems committed to being an ass. Idly, I wonder if he thinks it is a moral imperative to make sure that ever single sentence spoke to me has to include an insult of some kind. Regardless I follow him to the bathroom, somewhat dreading what might happen. As he spoke I wait to see if he planned on watching me strip, if he does, there is little I can do other than get it over with quickly, if not, I'll wait for some privacy.
Sallin_Kari

Postby Reaperbones » Sun Sep 23, 2018 12:12 am

Alex walked over to the bathtub and started speaking while messing with the nozzles. "This one draws hot water and this one draws cold water. This is the-"
Alex paused as he noticed that she was still dressed. He let out a sigh and spoke. "For the foreseeable future, I will be your master. There will be many times where I will end up seeing you naked. Get over your paranoia, embarrassment, or whatever it is that is keeping you from undressing and getting ready to hop in this bath. I have no patience and I don't care to invoke the power of that collar."
Alex stood up and took off his shirt while he waited for Lara. A quick glance at Alex would show Lara the multitude of scars on Alex's torso.
Reaperbones

Postby Sallin_Kari » Sun Sep 23, 2018 12:28 am

As 'master' strips, I take the opportunity to do the same without being ogled. His scars remind me of the many I myself bear, though faded with magic. Bullets leave ugly scars. With my clothes removed, I feel a need to hide... to cover myself... but not my private parts... my scars. One of my arms moves over my left breast, concealing the two bullet scars, while the other covers my midriff, a scar from shrapnel. I could feel my hands trembling slight as memories I dare not recall try to force their way to the surface.
Sallin_Kari

PreviousNext

Return to Private Games