Our Hidden Sins (Reaperbones/Sallin_Kari)

Forum for publicly viewable but closed-group role-playing.

Re: Our Hidden Sins (Reaperbones/Sallin_Kari)

Postby Sallin_Kari » Sat Aug 03, 2019 9:46 pm

"I... see," My tone disagreeing with my words, but I follow her regardless.
Random person in the comments section of a random hentai manga- "Now I am ashamed of myself."
Me- "Posh, shame is for fools and people with friends... we need no such things, we have the internet."
Sallin_Kari

Postby Reaperbones » Mon Aug 12, 2019 5:15 am

Kira leads you to her work room where she begins handing you clothing. She handed you a pair of pants, a heavy but simple dress, an apron, a pair of gloves, some stockings, and a pair of boots. She spoke as she stood there with a smile. "Alright so stockings then pants then dress then apron and last the boots."
Reaperbones

Postby Sallin_Kari » Mon Aug 12, 2019 5:30 am

Nodding, assuming the order she spoke is the order I'm to put on the clothes. As it turns out the stockings are giving me the most trouble. While elves have an equivalent, I've never worn them before as I never was one for dressing up. Still, while it is slow going, I manage to inch them up until they're relatively smooth. Once that is done, I don the rest in about the same time as it took for the stockings.
Random person in the comments section of a random hentai manga- "Now I am ashamed of myself."
Me- "Posh, shame is for fools and people with friends... we need no such things, we have the internet."
Sallin_Kari

Postby Reaperbones » Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:47 am

Kira spoke when you were done dressing. "Alright now anytime you need to make Alex stutter and potentially derail his train of thought, just raise the dress a little. He enjoys stalkings a good bit. No I didn't give them to you for that reason."
She walked over and showed her one of the hidden runes on the clothes. "I enchanted them to stay soft a cool even in your boots. The rest of your outfit is the same way. Keeps the forge's fire away from your skin, and can handle your standard wear and tear that comes from working."
Reaperbones

Postby Sallin_Kari » Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:38 am

I blush at her idea, but am getting use to her teasing by now. Still the runes are wonderful... I recall how I felt I was dying when I entered the forge. "Thank you Kira," I give her a small smile. There is an irony here that the only one who is supportive of me is a mix-breed of the two arch-enemies of my people while I was sold out by the very same people.
Sallin_Kari

Postby Reaperbones » Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:45 pm

Kira moved closer and began pulling at parts of the outfit. It seemed like she was making sure it fit properly. She spoke as she lifted your apron and examined it. "Hopefully you don't mind that it's a dress. I wanted to make you an outfit that would be both aesthetically pleasing and practical. Honestly I could make almost any time of clothing and it'd still be safe due to the runes. I can alter the colors if you want. Tan and brown are just kind of the standard for worker drags. Black stockings are also pretty standard. "
She crouched down and pulled at the hem of the dress.
Reaperbones

Postby Sallin_Kari » Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:52 pm

"It is fine. I had a work dress back home as well." Well... calling it a dress might be a bit of an exaggeration. It lacked any beauty and was little more than a piece of durable cloth with holes for my head and arms, so I could easily slip it on before working with more volatile elements. Still the principle was the same. "Besides I'm not good with colors... last time my cousin asked for my opinion, it was deemed 'gaudy' so I doubt I would be of any assistance."
Sallin_Kari

Postby Reaperbones » Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:59 pm

Kira chuckled and spoke. "Gaudy, flashy, and bland don't matter here. You will be wearing this for hours at a time, and talking to many people during that time. I want you to wear something you find comfortable and pretty. If you don't give me your decision then I might just color you in Alex's colors."
Reaperbones

Postby Sallin_Kari » Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:14 pm

"Perhaps, but many people like something in the short term, but find it bothersome when they are forced to deal with it for longer than minutes," I point out, "I'm fine with the standard palette for work wear." Still... I am a bit curious about what she means about 'Alex's colors'. I am vaguely aware that humans had coat of arms to represent their house or something of that nature, and they are often colored. For elves, we have a simple emblem to represent the house, and it is the shape that determines it, not any colors or materials, so it is often left the individual. Some are known to prefer certain colors or materials, so is it something like that, perhaps?
Sallin_Kari

Postby Reaperbones » Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:18 pm

Kira got up and looked her in the eyes. She chuckled and spoke. "Want to see Alex's family colors? I'll at least be putting an emblem on your shoulder or potentially chest...not sure, but yeah do you want to see what you'd look like in his colors?"
Kira seemed oddly cheerful at the thought of coloring your outfit.
Reaperbones

Postby Sallin_Kari » Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:21 pm

I have a feeling that Kira is getting some strange ideas again, so it's best not to play along, "No... as I stated, I'm fine with the standard colors. I will see the emblem when it is added, so there is no need for anything more." So the colors did represent his family then... Why refer to it as 'his' then?
Sallin_Kari

Postby Reaperbones » Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:45 pm

(Time has given more refinement to some things, hopefully it doesn't cause any consistancy issues.)
Kira gave a quick frown before speaking. "Alright alright. Let's go with right breast for the emblem, left breast for the store motto."
Kira stuck her tongue out in a teasing way before grabbing some nearby string. She wrapped a bit of it around her fingers before pointing them at Lara's chest. The first thing to form was the silhouette of a hammer and rifle. The hammer was silver while the rifle was black. Next came a chain stitch circle around it that seemed to alternate in the colors of black and blue. Draconic words were woven above it last. Kira paused to speak. "The words are just Alex Randal's Apprentice Artificer. It's a way for people to identify you. You'll get to change that later to better suit you, but right now you are classified as an apprentice and some places have so many of those that their outfits are re-used. Custom outfits are pretty rare among apprentices. Try not to brag too much."
She then returned to her work and you watched as Draconic words were sewn over your left breast. You recognize them from the shop window, but can't quite tell what they mean.
Reaperbones

Postby Sallin_Kari » Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:49 pm

"Apprentice... not slave?" I question before adding, "Though, I suppose my collar reveals that portion satisfactorily."
Looking over the words, I try to recall everything I learned from this morning's lessons on Draconic.
Sallin_Kari

Postby Reaperbones » Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:04 pm

Kira nodded her head and spoke. "So in the fantastic world of magical politics, slave isn't a proper title so to speak. If Alex is to use you for anything other than a mana battery and cleaning then he has to register you as a magic user. Enchanter is what you would be normally trained as, but since Alex doesn't want them to try to strong arm him again he marked you as an artificer apprentice."
You're quick to translate the letters into the common alphabet, but being new means trying to remember what those words translate to. Kira speaks as she watches you. "Your value is in what you give to others. It was a bit of a family motto. Most people assume that it's just talking about the usefulness of the enchantments, but it also applies to the family and their actions in general. It's why Alex accepted the contracts to go to war even though he knew it might break him."
Reaperbones

Postby Sallin_Kari » Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:09 pm

I originally asked about the title as bit of bitter snide, but it turns out I got some useful information.

If his value is what he gives to other, I wonder what the value of difficulty is. A bitter thought to be sure, but considering he's been going out of his way in his attempts to harass me, I can't feel guilty for such thoughts.
Sallin_Kari

Postby Reaperbones » Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:13 pm

Kira looks you in the eyes again, and lets out a soft sigh. "It's hard to read you some times, but I feel like you're an open book when it comes to what you dislike. I can't convince you otherwise, but I think you'll come to see exactly why Alex is the way he is."
She stepped back and put the string away. She spoke as she headed for the door. "Alex didn't come back with out his share of...broken parts."
Reaperbones

Postby Sallin_Kari » Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:18 pm

"Regardless of why he is the way he is, he is still actively attempting to make my life worse, and is harassing me," I retort, "He has given me no reason to like him, or give him leeway with his actions. In fact, he's give me multiple reason to do the opposite... Besides, he apparently knows my reasons, yet hold my actions against me, so why should he be exempt from his own standard?" The word apparently oozes out like a venom as I think about how high and mighty he is, claiming to know my motivations while clearly not.
Sallin_Kari

Postby Reaperbones » Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:26 pm

Kira nodded with her hand on the door handle. She spoke as she glanced back at her. "Alex spent a good part of the war alongside Toren's unit. Toren used to call and tell me about how Alex got injured again because he was protecting the team...Alex was later separated from Toren when he was assigned to assist a group of engineers with getting some tanks across the plains. That's when Toren was captured and killed. Alex received the news while he was in the infirmary. He spent the rest of the war in a near constant rage. It took the war ending and him seeing the sacrifices for him to calm down. He was assigned to protect various elven villages from the rampaging orcs. He learned a lot about your people during his time there. When he was informed that they had captured you and your team, he decided that he wanted to make sure your punishment was properly done."
Kira started to turn the door handle as she spoke. "I don't think either of you are wrong or right. I think you're both broken and honestly I think you are the best person to fix him. You'll understand why as time passes."
Reaperbones

Postby Sallin_Kari » Mon Oct 07, 2019 6:08 am

"And?" I question, the venom still thick in my voice, "Do you think that if the positions were reversed I would be taking out my pain on others? I too bleed to protect my comrades... I too lost the few friends I had... But do you think I even kept names of any human who wronged me in the war?"
Sallin_Kari

Postby Reaperbones » Wed Oct 09, 2019 8:05 pm

Kira gave her a somber smile and spoke. "He didn't keep the names of the ones who wronged him. He kept the names of the one who wronged me and Tali."
She opened the door and left with out another word. It seemed that Kira sympathized with both of you, but also didn't think either of you were right.
Reaperbones

PreviousNext

Return to Private Games