Our Hidden Sins (Reaperbones/Sallin_Kari)

Forum for publicly viewable but closed-group role-playing.

Re: Our Hidden Sins (Reaperbones/Sallin_Kari)

Postby Reaperbones » Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:47 pm

After a few minutes a young lady wearing your standard doctor's outfit walks in and speaks in common. "Alright I'm going to do your check up and put on your identification tattoo. You can choose where you want it as long as it's not somewhere obscene like you breast or butt. Most people choose the shoulder, but some people prefer their privacy and put it on their belly or back. Your choice, hold still."
The young lady was efficient about her movements and was soon by Lara's chair. It was obvious by the speed of her talking that this was a rehearsed speech, and was probably something she did over a hundred times a day. She pushed Lara against the back of the chair and held her hand in front of her face. It glowed for a second before a magic circle with runes on it appeared floating on the palm side of her hand. She ran it over Lara's body before pulling out a clipboard and writing things down. "Alright so where do you want your tattoo?"
Reaperbones

Postby Sallin_Kari » Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:00 pm

Obscene... People actually ask to have them put on there? I ponder this as I let her do her examination. Still, what would be good? The should seems to be standard, but I feel somewhat uncomfortable about having it so prominent. The belly is somewhat... weird, so the back seems to be a sensible option. "I prefer the back, below the shoulder blades."
Random person in the comments section of a random hentai manga- "Now I am ashamed of myself."
Me- "Posh, shame is for fools and people with friends... we need no such things, we have the internet."
Sallin_Kari

Postby Reaperbones » Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:11 pm

The doctor gave her a smile and spoke as she leaned her forward. "Alright, don't worry it's not a painful process. Just gotta draw the rune and then your body's own magical energy flow will handle the process of powering it. For us Draconics we just have to have it magically places, but you Elves have such different magical flow. Oh and just so you know what it'll say..."
The doctor began writing with was looked like a paint brush on the empty space provided above the strap that was acting as Lara's shirt. She spoke as the bristles of the brush tickled Lara's back. "Erami'lara Uthilamina, Age it'll fill in istelf, and now onto occupation...Class four slave...Master is to be Alex Randal...Ah and now for the requested enchantments...Clear, stamina, and sorcerer. There we go. Now the guards will be able to identify you if you do something naughty."
Reaperbones

Postby Sallin_Kari » Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:20 pm

If it was painful that would just redoubles my questions on why anyone would place in on a place as sensitive as the butt or breasts. As the doctor starts speaking out loud as she writes, I finally hear the name of my new master. I don't recognize it, but then again the only human names I've heard was that of the opponent commanders. Since I was preemptively bought, he must have some sort of grudge against me... or perhaps more likely, my uncle. Regardless of that, her last comment validates my assumption about the purpose of these tattoos.
Random person in the comments section of a random hentai manga- "Now I am ashamed of myself."
Me- "Posh, shame is for fools and people with friends... we need no such things, we have the internet."
Sallin_Kari

Postby Reaperbones » Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:34 pm

The doctor finished the tattoo and Lara felt her magic surge to her back for a second before returning to it's normal flow in her body. The doctor lets her back up and pulls of her coat. She shows Lara her own identification tattoo on her left shoulder as she speaks. "The tattoo does a couple unique things. Now that it's on you and active, we can rewrite as things change like your job and name. It also uses a simple divination rune to determine your age. Helps when little ones try to use fake tattoos to enter bars. Now that's it. Any questions for me about your health or tattoo?"
Reaperbones

Postby Sallin_Kari » Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:43 pm

So this tattooing is standard practice even among citizens? That seems like a gross violation of one's privacy. Regardless, I am a bit uncertain of how my health will be here, after all I heard stories of elves getting sick when they spend too much time out of the forest, "Is there any health problems I can expect for being removed from my homeland?"
Sallin_Kari

Postby Reaperbones » Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:58 pm

The doctor gave her a smile and grabbed a bottle off the nearby counter. She showed it to Lara as she spoke. "You elves and your odd magic flow don't quite mix with Draconic society, but luckily for you we've learned that acceptance and adaptation are better than death. These are pills made from the bark of Everyoung trees from some of the northern forests of your Elven Kingdom. Now taking one of these every week or two will supply your average elf with a happy life. Unfortunately for you, due to occupation you will have to take one daily. The alternatives are visiting the grove every three to four days, or the one that most elves who have found redemption have come to enjoy, consuming the life essence of a lover."
The doctor placed the bottle in her lap before standing up and speaking again. "If you didn't catch my drift from that I mean the sexual fluids of Draconic. The ley line nexus has given all of us rather potent innate magic which tends to gather in our sexual organs. Any other questions?"
Reaperbones

Postby Sallin_Kari » Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:11 pm

I expected this. Elves are highly attuned to the forest, to the point that it isn't wrong to say we are dependent on it. The use of the bark is... an understandable solution. While I have concerns about over harvesting damaging the the trees, they can't exactly abide having their elven slaves and citizens collapsing. The groves is a good option, though one that will take a while, the requirement to go to it twice a week is likely due to the youth of the trees. After all, our military force was able to operate for months outside the forest. Granted that we also had living elfwood equipment that would mitigate it, but we also expending mana at a high rate as well. As for the consuming life essence from a lover? What is that kissing? I suppose that might work, the basis of magic attunement in different sentient life is actually quite similar when you come down to it, so such things can, under the right circumstances, could be transferred. And with the locals, adapted to use the local magic, acting as a filter, you could feed off of that.

I feel my cheeks suddenly go flush as the doctor explained further, "Wha!?! How the! Why the?!" I blurt out, before I catch myself. It's... viable. A more... vulgar method of the principle I mentioned prior. But... Why would you suggest that? I really didn't need to know that! Still flustered, I am unable to come up with any other questions and just stare at her.
Sallin_Kari

Postby Reaperbones » Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:25 pm

The doctor took her 'why the' as a form of question and calmly spoke as she walked about the room. "Well we found out about your magic deficiency pretty quickly but we noted a trend as well. See slaves that had more sexually active masters didn't seem to be having issues with their magic. We soon found that sex with a Draconic would supply an elf with ample magic for up two days with ease. That bought us enough time to harvest the trees we needed on a stealth mission and grow our grove. The pill came soon after. The grove has actually grown quite a bit due to the influx of elves from the war."
The doctor tapped her chin as she opened a cabinet and grabbed a pamphlet. She handed it to Lara as she continued speaking. "One of the interesting things we discovered is that while the first few transfers aren't very efficient, after about three or four times your body's magical flow adjusts and you can reduce the transfers down to about once a week. You could even see an increase in your mana levels. We think it's because your body adjusts to the pure energy of the nexus. I guess you could say love is the best medicine. This pamphlet has any other information you need. I'd seriously consider forgoing the pill and just focusing on the grove and sexual contact with a Draconic. If not your master then maybe ask for a boyfriend or something of the sort. Well I think that's about all I have for you."
Reaperbones

Postby Sallin_Kari » Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:35 pm

Hearing that the trees also grew very well with the influx of elves reinforces an idea that has been stated in many religious texts but never actually proven... Namely just like how the elves need the trees to survive, the trees need the elves. It is for that reason those class of trees are called elfwood in the first place.

Glancing over the pamphlet, I reply, "I'm not exactly comfortable with starting relations so soon after moving here, nor am I certain that I will be able to given leave to these groves, so I would prefer to be safe and have the pills, but not needing them, rather than the alternative."
Sallin_Kari

Postby Reaperbones » Wed Sep 12, 2018 1:02 am

The doctor gave her a smile and spoke. "Don't worry hun, I didn't plan on sending you out with out them. Now your check up is complete and I'm sure your new master is waiting. The next doctor you'll be seeing will be in two months and will most likely be whatever doctor your master currently sees. Walk strong and proud, may you find your redemption."
The doctor opened the door she came from and spoke in Draconic. A man in a suit entered the room and nodded to the doctor. He walked over to Lara and spoke. "If you'll follow me."
He lead Lara out of the room and into another hallway. He took her down to the far end and into what looked like a waiting room. Upon entrance Lara would spot a man in the corner with a rifle slung over his shoulder wearing a t-shirt and cargo pants. He had a bag handing off his belt on his right leg. He spotted her and walked over with a frown. He spoke as when he stood in front of her. "So you're Erami'lara Uthilamina? You look too pretty to be such a cowardly monster. Alright I'm your new master Alex Randal. You ready to go?"
Reaperbones

Postby Sallin_Kari » Wed Sep 12, 2018 1:07 am

After a moments pause, I lower my head, "Thank you for your assistance." I get up and follow the man to the waiting room.

My meeting with my 'master' is what I expected. He clearly held a grudge, though I am uncertain as to whether or not it is directly at me or at my uncle at this point. Still I lower my head slightly, "Yes, I am Erami'lara of House Uthilamina. I am ready to depart.
Sallin_Kari

Postby Reaperbones » Wed Sep 12, 2018 1:14 am

"Not even going to deny the monster part?" Alex looked at her with a frown. He shook his head and looked to the man that lead her here. He spoke with a cheerful tone. "Thank you sir, I've already collected her possessions, so I believe that's all I need. Goodbye and stay safe."
Alex waved to the man as he indicated for Lara to follow. As they exited the doors they found themselves in the main auction hall. He walked for a few feet before he heard an announcement. "Now begins the bidding for class five slave, Lalum'kata, former Elven general."
Alex stopped and pointed at the stage. He spoke to Lara with a smirk. "Ah yes the bastard that decided to kill soldier after they surrendered. Your uncle if I'm not mistaken. Let's see who buys him. Maybe it'll be some rich fellow that loves enacting justice monster, or maybe a family member grief stricken from the loss of a father or brother."
Reaperbones

Postby Sallin_Kari » Wed Sep 12, 2018 1:20 am

I begin to follow him until he suddenly stopped, listening to his jibes. He seems to intend to drive me to despair with this, though I am uncertain as to why he expects this to work. My uncle's fate has been something I have came to terms with long before I was brought here. Regardless, I stand obediently to watch with a neutral expression.
Sallin_Kari

Postby Reaperbones » Wed Sep 12, 2018 1:27 am

The auctioneer waited until her uncle was fully lead across the stage, and chained to the post before going on a tangent about the physical talents, crimes, and strengths that he had performed. After he opened up the betting a voice rang clear through the audience. "Five hundred gold!"
The woman who yelled had hatred in her eyes and nobody threw up another bid. Most just murmured among themselves. When the auctioneer called the bid to close, she climbed onto the stage with a sheathed blade. The murmurs in the crowd whispered of a possible execution on the stage, but none spoke of stopping her. By the time she had walked the few feet left, Lara's uncle was unchained and waiting to be lead out. One question rang through the air when she reached him. "Do you regret any of it?"
"Never will I regret it."
A loud cracking sound rang through the room as she struck him with the sheath of her blade. She drew it and pointed it at his throat while speaking. "You shall soon enough."
With a wave of her blade she directed him to walk to the back room. She followed and room returned to business as usual. Alex spoke as he turned to leave. "I would guess a widow. She asked a good question. Do you regret it?"
Reaperbones

Postby Sallin_Kari » Wed Sep 12, 2018 1:34 am

I feel my jaw clench as my uncle is struck, as if I was the one to receive the blow. As my uncle was marched into the back, I can only assume he is to be beaten... Perhaps to death. She seems to demand that he regrets his actions, but uncle will never break from just pain, and will just stubbornly refuse until he dies.

"Regret what? The war? The humans who died? The elves that died? The fact that I am a slave?" I inquire, "Regardless, regret implies that things could have turned out differently... And I do not see a way that could happen, so no, I feel no regret."
Sallin_Kari

Postby Reaperbones » Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:30 am

Alex listened to her as they began walking towards the exit. He glanced back at her with a scowl when she finished. "By the gods you're pathetic."
He slowed down and moved behind her, giving her a nudge to keep moving towards the door. He spoke from about two feet behind her. "Refusing to regret because you believe there was no other outcome? Cowardly and weak. Regret doesn't just mean things could be different, it means you are willing to learn from your mistakes. So you admit that you're unwilling to learn from your mistakes? Then you'll find no redemption and only experience misery until your life force finally extinguishes."
He flicked the back of her head as he continued walking and talking. "Things could have always turned out differently. People could have used diplomacy before amassing an army to embark on a holy crusade based on a legends from centuries ago. The dead elves could have surrendered and found themselves here rather than the afterlife. We could have used our full lethal capabilities and lost about half the people we did, but then you'd have lost so many of yours."
Alex sped up and grabbed her arm before whispering in her ear. "You could have saved them all rather than only the few you felt you safely could get away with."
Reaperbones

Postby Sallin_Kari » Wed Sep 12, 2018 2:37 pm

I continue on, ignoring his barrage of vitriol and minor physical harassment. But in that tirade he does reveal something interesting. He is aware that I did save humans during that massacre, yet faults me for not trying to single-handily stopping the entire elven army. Laughably naive. Even if I had done so, not even my uncle could protect me and I would be imprisoned, likely executed... Then all the humans would have die. Still, it also means that the humans failed to live up to my request that they not tell anyone. Daring not let out a sigh externally, I let out a long internal one, as I stare blankly at Alex until he lets go of my arm.
Sallin_Kari

Postby Reaperbones » Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:17 pm

Alex looked her in the eyes, his own filled with anger, before sighing and letting go of her arm. He spoke as he walked past her. "I should have let some rich guy with a rape fetish buy you. Hopefully you prove useful as more than just a maid. Based on the enchantments I found on your spear, you should have fairly decent enchanting capabilities."
They reached the door and he opened it. Outside she finally caught sight of the city. Tall buildings lined the streets as people walked them or rode on mechanical animals and carriages. He spoke as he pointed to a mechanical wolf that was laying on the ground as if resting. "There is our ride, try not to piss yourself with fear."
Reaperbones

Postby Sallin_Kari » Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:24 pm

I once again do not dignify his vitriol with a response, nor expound on my abilities, following him outside. The city is very... Human for lack of a better word. Large stacks of materials, build independent of the terrain, unlike the elven or dwarven cities, but with a care lacking in orc, goblin or beastmen cities. It has a certain... charm but a certain foulness as well. I do momentarily find it amusing that he finds it amusing that he thinks an elven war enchantress would be afraid of a golem such as this, but it quickly occurs to me that he is simply continuing his demeaning barrage.
Sallin_Kari

PreviousNext

Return to Private Games