Dusk of the Dragon (Soru)

Forum for publicly viewable but closed-group role-playing.

Re: Dusk of the Dragon (Soru)

Postby Mashugana » Tue Apr 30, 2019 6:54 am

"Hmm? Oh, they should be over..." Cyril answered, getting up and going over to a locker and opening it, revealing a set of simple cotton garments and your armor, it looked as though it'd been repaired, with some new pieces covering what was damaged or destroyed in the battle.

"Along with that, we've gotten our claws on a couple of new items for you as well." Cyril remarks, turning away from the locker towards a small chest the size of his torso. Upon opening it, he retrieved what looked like a sea shell and a pouch.

"The pouch is enchanted to be able to store small objects in a sort of pocket dimension, useful for things like medicines, handheld tools, weapons or the like, as well as this." the frost wyrm explains, tapping on the shell and causing the swirling patterns on it to emit a soft blue glow, before raising it to his ear and humming. To your surprise, you'd hear his humming coming from the desk nearby, where a second shell was emitting a similar light! "These can help you communicate with us or other shell owners, we had to pay a pretty steep price with the fish folk for them though and they're fragile, so be careful with yours." he warns.
Look, all I'm saying is that Batboy is our lord and savior.
Mashugana

Postby Soru » Tue Apr 30, 2019 1:43 pm

With the locker open she could see her armor that it has been repaired and that there were some simple cotton garments for her to wear under it. It seems her armor had taken some damage though, parts of it looking replaced and she is surprised to see that it took that much damage for it to need some replacements. She then watches Cyril as he takes out a couple items out of a chest and explains them to her.

"Wow..." Cynder said a she lightly takes the shell into her hand. "I never knew anything like this existed. Thank you Cyril, for entrusting these things to me." She said as she gives a small polite bow before placing the shell into the pouch carefully. These two items should be rather helpful since she'll be able to have communication with the Guardians and be able to carry more equipment with her. "This will come in handy later one. It you please excuse me I need to get dressed and ready to leave."
Soru

Postby Mashugana » Fri May 03, 2019 6:51 am

"Yes, well... it would be catastrophic to lose another young dragon." Cyril responded, sounding weary. It was at moments like these that you could see the age on him, the way he looked at you with a world worn sobriety. "But yes, I'll leave you be now, and... do be careful, little Cinder." the Guardian of Ice states, before taking his leave, allowing you to make yourself presentable and prepare for your journey to strange and unfamiliar lands. The monkeys and apes weren't unfamiliar opponents of course, but who knew what else could be on the Sky Isles.
Mashugana

Postby Soru » Sat May 04, 2019 5:04 am

Cynder nods her head and smiles at the guardian. With Spyro now missing it would be very bad news if something were to happen to her. Also the Guardians are like family to her and Spyro so she knew that Cyril is probably concerned for her safety. "I will, Cyril. I promise to be safe and to return, hopefully with a clue to finding Spyro." She said with confidence before he leaves. Once alone she takes off the patient gown she was in and cleans herself up a bit before putting on her clothing and armor. She puts the pouch away on her armor before leaving the room to find Volteer since Cyril told her that he might have a way to get her to the floating islands right away. She wasn't sure what to expect but she'll deal with it when she has to.
Soru

Postby Mashugana » Mon May 06, 2019 7:23 am

It didn't take you long to find Volteer, as usual, he wouldn't be hard to find even if he'd tried, especially since you could smell that something had been burned recently, well, more like multiple things given the variety of unpleasant scents. Volteer himself greeted you happily at the door to his office and quarters, grabbing you in a hug before excitedly leading you to see his portal.

"Admittedly, it was difficult to calibrate it, and well... a lot of things were incinerated in the attempt. Metals, leather, a ham hock that'd been out a little too long... I've made sure it will work fine, though!" he said rapidly to assure you as he showed you... well, it was something alright.

The portal itself was more or less an arch made out of some sort of metal, possibly an aluminum like alloy that glowed and radiated a faint heat when you drew near, it appeared to have crude cables inserted into the side, with a huge crystal charged with the lightning dragon's electrical power, and within that archway, a swirling vortex of stormy, cloud like patterns tumbled and tussled. If you looked closely, you could make out the shadowy forms of several landmasses underneath the clouds. "Now, calibrating the exact exit is difficult, since if I did it wrong you could just wind up stuck in a rock or wall and well, that wouldn't necessarily be good for your health, so I thought the safest and stealthiest way would be to put you above the clouds while it's storming!" the yellow dragon said with a childish grin, seeming very satisfied with his work.

Nevermind the streaks of lightning that would flash within the clouds, occasionally.
Mashugana

Postby Soru » Mon May 06, 2019 10:26 am

Cynder soon finds yellow Guardian in his usual place and she smiles at him as he greets her before grunting as he pulls her into a hug. "E-Easy there, Volteer. Not fully recovered yet but good enough to head out." She tells him as she gives him a quick hug back and then listens to him talk about the portal device though the more he talked... the less sure she was at how well the portal works.

Taking a look at what he made didn't really help her nerves much but it does seem to at least be working as she can see what looks like the Sky Isles on the other side of the portal. Though when he told her where she would end up she turns her head towards him as he grins childishly. "Um...Well I guess I need to be careful for when I get there... You wouldn't happen to have lightning proof clothing would you?" She said as she slowly walks up to the portal. Whether or not he actually did have something for her to bring she gets herself mentally ready to go. She takes a deep breath to calm her nerves and reminds herself what is on the line. With new determination she steps through the portal, ready to get her wings flapping since she'll show up above the storm clouds.
Soru

Postby Mashugana » Thu May 09, 2019 3:08 am

Volteer apologizes for being too hasty, but doesn't lose any of his vigor as he seems to dash about from one part of his lab to another, wishing you luck as he stabilizes the portal just a little more to ensure your safe transportation. Just as you step through, you hear him mutter.

"Oh, clothing that protects against electricity? How novel of an idea..."

Then you're swept up by the wind currents, the furious gales nearly blinding you as you flap your wings and orient yourself above the clouds, and the isles below.

this was going to be a bumpy ride.
Mashugana

Postby Soru » Thu May 09, 2019 4:05 am

Cynder has to brace herself as she was hit by a strong wind current the moment she appeared over the Sky Isles. She flaps her wings to get herself oriented in the air before looking around for a safe place to land. To be safe she needed to avoid the storm clouds and find a good spot to land. If she couldn't find an opening through the clouds she'll attempt to make one using her wind breath, though she didn't want to draw attention to herself either incase there were enemies down below. To keep from being noticed she'll either try to find an opening in the clouds or make just a small hole for her to dive through and then the moment she hits the ground hide in the shadows before taking in her surroundings.
Soru

Postby Mashugana » Sun May 12, 2019 6:47 am

Spoiler (click to show/hide):

Traversing the cloud cover:19+1=20! Success!

For most dragons, the stormy gales of the winds around the Sky Isles would be extreme hazards, hurling them about like dead leaves. However, your skill and experience as both an agent of Malefor and as a protector of the realm has granted you a great amount of agility and endurance, and you find yourself managing to navigate and flow with the chaotic and turbulent winds, riding them down towards a thick copse of trees and landing gracefully in the branches, a little damp from the moisture but none the worse for wear.

You find yourself looking over one of the islands closer to the center, with ruined houses and shops that were abandoned long ago some distance away. Or at least, they used to be abandoned.

You can see that there's a bonfire atop one of the larger buildings, with several apes lounging around it, tipping bottles into their mouths. One of them was fooling around with a guitar, while another was juggling a pair of clubs drunkenly, only for one to fall and strike him atop the head, causing his comrades to laugh loud enough that you could hear it clearly as he sulked and snapped at them, before taking a last swig of his bottle and chucking it over the roof, then glancing towards what looked to be a stair set leading down into the building before stumbling on towards it, and unsurprisingly, falling down the stairs.

Aside from this, there's some wagons that appear to be laden with items, likely supplies for the apes stationed there, and some crude looking flying machines, the largest of which holds what looks to be an empty cage that looks big enough to house an adult dragon.
Mashugana

Postby Soru » Sun May 12, 2019 12:14 pm

Using her ability to control wind and her own grace and skill with flying Cynder is able to navigate though the harsh winds and storm till she makes it to the trees below and lands on top of a large branch. She shakes off some of the water that had gotten on her and now that she has made it through without a scratch she looks around and finds she has a vantage point of an island close to the center and on the island seemed to be a abandoned town.

As she looks around she soon spots a group of apes sitting around a bonfire and drinking, and quite into it too considering how they stumble about. Looking around the building they were on top of she spots wagons with supplies and some sort of flying machines. She was a bit surprised to see apes as she thought all had been cursed into skeletons by Malefor or something like that. She supposes that not all apes suffered that fate, but does that mean these were not effected by that curse or was it something else. Deciding to get closer to maybe eavesdrop on them she stays low to the shadows and sneaks around to the house they are at. Once close enough she'll attempt to scale up the outside of the house and up to just close enough so she can hear them.
Soru

Postby Mashugana » Wed May 15, 2019 8:01 am

Approaching carefully, you manage to get to the wall of the building without attracting any attention to yourself. The lack of discipline for the apes is legendary, and not even you or Malefor could control the apes unless you were directly overseeing their activities, and it didn't appear as though recent events had changed that.

"Been a while since we's 'ad good ol' Skysle's Whisky, aye?" you hear one of the apes remark, taking a loud, greedy swallow for emphasis. "S'good thing we came here now too, nice and quiet, far off from trouble, and Maul's been happy with the digs, ain't been kicked in a while, too!" he chortles with drunken glee. "I just wish he'd share that catch o' his with us, she seemed like a fun ride!"

His friends snort and chortle, some mutter about not speaking too loudly to anger this Maul figure, he must be their leader. "Yeah, but who knows? Maybe another one'll come around, sniffin' for trouble." Another ape ponders, yawning loudly as the fire crackled.
Mashugana

Postby Soru » Wed May 15, 2019 10:35 pm

Being careful Cynder manages to reach the side of the building without alerting any of the apes, though having them being drunk probably played into them not noticing anyone coming. Last she remembered only Gaul was ever really able to get the apes to show discipline but Spyro defeated him long ago.

She listens in onto their conversation, which is a bit difficult with how slurred their words were. Apparently they were working for someone named Maul, probably another ape and Cynder wonders if he is related to Gaul at all... The dragoness continues to listen in but if they don't have much else to interesting to talk about then she decides that she's going to need to interrogate one of them. With how drunk they are they should pass out soon or one might wonder off. Whichever comes first Cynder will either take out all but one of the passed out apes and interrogate the remaining one or try to capture one that wonders off quietly and question that one.
Soru

Postby Mashugana » Fri May 17, 2019 7:40 am

Information from the apes: 37.

"Yeah, but I ain't sure if we'll get another dragon soon, most of em' are prolly still reelin' from tha' 'ttack earlier eh? Got no reason to come out 'ere." an ape remarks, wandering over to the edge of the building's roof, suddenly, you hear him retching, and the other apes cackle at his purging stomach. "Oi, don't go pukin' up that whisky mate! We only got so much!" one of his friends laughs, stumbling backwards and almost falling off the roof, which would've possibly been onto you! "Oh bugger me tha' was close!" he snorts, turning to look out around them you see his gaze start to go lower as he blearily gets his bearings...

rolling his WIS vs your DEX: 19-3=16 vs 20+1. You crit successfully hide from him!

At first it seems as though he's spotted you, but an instant later you realize that no only does he not see you, he almost seems to look right through you as if you weren't even there to begin with, and he nods and grins, bearing yellowed fanged teeth as he stretches in satisfaction.

"Y'know lads, 's been fun, but I'mma go to bed now, you lot leave some booze leftover for tomorrow or Maul'll throw us off these big flyin' rocks, aye?" He calls to his friends, who answer in various levels of enthusiasm as he takes a step back, then runs forward and leaps from their building to the one neighboring it, and you hear a crash as he botches his landing, cursing from the roof as he falls off and onto the ground, lying seemingly stunned!
Mashugana

Postby Soru » Fri May 17, 2019 12:12 pm

Cynder continues to listen in on their conversation, trying to pick up on anything useful. From what she can gather it seems like apes lead by another ape named Maul attacked the inhabitants of these buildings, other dragons by the sound of it, and they were either captured or fled away. Now these guys seemed to just be looting, whether by orders or on their own.

As she listens in she hears one coming towards her and realizes that she might be spotted, or covered in vomit. She tries to move as close to the wall as she can and looks up, freezing when it looks like the ape is looking right down at her from the roof but... something was off. It was like he was looking through her as if she wasn't there and then realizes that he is probably so drunk that he didn't even notice her. Moments later he...leaps off the building and crashes into another one, making her wince as she hears the crash and then he lands on the ground. She moves to the shadows and tries to remain quiet, trying to see if the other apes will either check on him or come get him. If all was quiet though and the ape was unconscious Cynder plans to quietly drag him away to interrogate him.
Soru

Postby Mashugana » Mon May 20, 2019 6:29 am

The apes go quiet when they hear their friend tumble to the ground, but after a terse several seconds, you hear them start talking among each other again, though this time it's a bit more muted so you can't quite make out what's being said. The ape is still dazed, mumbling and trying to slowly gather himself, but each time he attempts it, he winds up dropping back to the ground, allowing you to hook your arms around his shoulders and drag him off to some cover.
Mashugana

Postby Soru » Mon May 20, 2019 8:59 am

Cynder waits for things to settle a bit and once she was sure that the other apes were no longer paying attention she slowly sneaks over to the nearly passed out one and picks him up from under his shoulders. She then drags him off far enough so she can no longer hear the other apes at all and she hopes that if they do notice him missing they'll just assume he stumbled off somewhere. Once far away enough she looks for something to bind the ape up before she tries to question him. After he is bound the dragoness gets to work by first slapping him hard to wake him up. "Alright ape, I need some answers and if you even think of either lying to me or calling for help..." Her tail comes up and presses the blade at the end of it against his neck. "I'll dispose of you and find an ape more willing to talk."
Soru

Postby Mashugana » Tue May 21, 2019 8:30 am

You manage to find a quiet spot within what looked like an abandoned stable for some sort of livestock, and get ahold of some old, somewhat fraying rope to bind him with. By the time your preparations are done he's sitting on the ground with his back to the wall and you in front of him, and he startles and sputters at the strikes, your claws leaving thin but stinging marks on his cheek as he winces and smacks his lips, looking at you with bleary eyes that appear to take a moment to understand what's going on. "Huh, wha...?" he drunkenly slurs, looking you up and down and comprehending his situation. "Ah shit, I got caught again?" he asks, almost seeming more annoyed than afraid of your threat, even as the blade at the tip of your tail is grazing his throat. "Well shit, this better not be turnin' into a habit, though I guess gettin' tied up by chicks ain't so bad."

You're not sure if he's very brave, very drunk, very stupid or some combination of all three traits, but he seems almost relaxed about the situation.

"So whaddya want?"
Mashugana

Postby Soru » Tue May 21, 2019 1:06 pm

Cynder knows that the ropes she found aren't the best quality but as long as the ape is too drunk to really gather is strength and she ties him tight enough she shouldn't need to worry. However she will still be cautious as she interrogates him. She gives him a good slap to wake him up though she tries to watch her claws to only give him a stinging scratch and not cut his cheek open for now. She waits for him to gather himself a bit as he wakes up and tries to gather his senses despite still being drunk. She almost raises a brow at his comment, unsure what to think of it at first.

"You know I can't tell if you're brave, stupid, or just drunk. And from my time around apes I know the former is not true." She says before looking him in the eye, letting him see how she is in no mood for games. "I want to know what you and the other apes are doing here on these floating islands and who you and your boss Maul are working for." She said as she keeps her tail blade at his throat to make sure he knows it's there but she makes sure not to press to hard especially if he starts to drunkenly sway against it.
Soru

Postby Mashugana » Wed May 29, 2019 11:07 am

CHA roll: 17 vs 6

Noting the look on your face, the ape appears to wise up some. "Alright alright sugar tits, take it easy! Boss was hopin' ta use these islands as a lil' fortress for us apes after all tha' fuckery tha' went down earlier, with so many of us gettin' turned into those... things an' all." he says with a shudder. "'Sides that, he's been gettin' some sorta dreams or somethin' lately from a weird big purple dragon, tellin' him to get somethin' outta this shrine, some kinda weapon or tool or whatever involved with old dragons, I dunno."

That... sounded bad.

"Plus the boss is kinda pissed since his daddy died, I guess." the ape said with a half shrug, "Says he wanted to get revenge on that lil' purple bastard."
Mashugana

Postby Soru » Thu May 30, 2019 5:36 am

Cynder didn't like the name he called her but she did not have the time to slap him or interrupt him for it so she lets it slide for now. When he mentioned 'weird big purple dragon' she knew that he was referring to Malefor which confirmed that these apes were working with him, and she wonders if these apes realize that what happened to the others were caused by the same dragon... However it seems like Maul, whether he knew this or not, did not care as it seems he had his own reasons. "Wait, this Maul guy is the son of Gaul? Didn't even knew he had a kid..."

"Alright, now where is this shrine you guys are trying to get something from? Also, what happened to the previous inhabitants of these islands and where are they now?" She asked him. "Also anything else you think might be important to tell me you probably should so I don't need to find you again." The dragoness says as her tail blade presses a bit harder against his neck for a moment as a warning.
Soru

PreviousNext

Return to Private Games