Dusk of the Dragon (Soru)

Forum for publicly viewable but closed-group role-playing.

Dusk of the Dragon (Soru)

Postby Mashugana » Thu Aug 02, 2018 7:08 pm

Char sheet:
Spoiler (click to show/hide):

Name: Cynder
Appearance: https://e621.net/post/show/1366671

HP:14
MP:17
STR: 1
DEX: 1
CON: -1
INT: 1
WIS: 2
CHA: 1

Breaths/Powers: Poison, Wind, Fear, Shadow.

Equipment: Basic leather armor, her iron bracelets and collar
Inventory: 1 Red Crystal, 2 Green Crystals (red crystals restore 1d6 HP, Green restores 1d6 MP)

It's been three months since the final battle with Malefor, the dreaded Purple dragon who enslaved you as a hatchling, wiped out most of dragonkind, and attempted to tear the earth asunder using the horrific, mind rending abomination known as the Destroyer. In the aftermath of the battle, your closest companion Spyro used every last ounce of power and energy he had to restore the world to a stable, not exploding state. However, the process left him virtually helpless and weak, barely able to stand let alone fly, fight or use his breath. You yourself were barely able to get him to what was left of Warfang, still scarred from the Siege Golem and the hordes of Grublins and other monsters that had assaulted it where the Guardians could tend to your wounds and let you both get the rest you severely needed. Even now, Spyro can only fly for short periods, and his breath is frail and weak.

However, the world hasn't been stagnant.

Even without their master, the Grublins, what remains of the Apes and other critters are still rampaging throughout the Realm, and while dragons have been slowly trickling back, many of them have wound up running afoul of beasts, been caught in dangerous environments, or worse. The Guardians themselves have their claws full keeping Warfang protected, especially since the death of the Guardian of Flame, Ignitus. Leaving you as the sole dragon who is both capable enough and considered expendable enough to do what must be done.

The sun rises as another day dawns, waking you from your slumber.
Last edited by Mashugana on Thu Aug 02, 2018 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Look, all I'm saying is that Batboy is our lord and savior.
Mashugana

Re: Dusk of the Dragon (Soru)

Postby Soru » Thu Aug 02, 2018 10:20 pm

Cynder's eyes slowly open as she felt the sun shine through the window and onto her face. Slowly she lifts her head from the pillow and she shifts a bit, but not enough to disturb the still sleeping form next to her. She looks down at the spot next to her and smiles softly as she sees Spyro next to her. While they didn't actually share the same room, often she would sneak in before he fell asleep to be with him. She leans her head down and gives him a kiss on the cheek. "I love you..." She whispered to him before getting out of bed, clad in only a set of lacy black underwear, and walks over to the table where she left her regular clothes.

Sneaking out of Spyro's room she heads to the showers to quickly bathe before going back to her room to redress into her usual day clothes. Luckily for her sneaking is rather easy as her shadow powers allowed her to sink into a mass of black shadows on the ground and move incase she heard someone else coming towards her. As she's in the shower she tries to remember what she needed to do for today.
Soru

Postby Mashugana » Sat Aug 04, 2018 6:55 am

Spyro stirred a little at the loss of contact, his expression turning troubled and pale before your words and kiss seemed to calm him. Getting a closer look, you could see that he still hadn't regained his weight or strength back, he looked as if he'd lost a quarter of his mass overall, his body was thin, and his once vibrant purple coloration was pale. Sure, it wasn't as bad as when he'd first been brought to Warfang, but the fact that he was so weak was disheartening for everyone, with even Volteer, the ever jovial and chattery one was often in a troubled state of silence when Spyro's condition was brought up, in fact all of the Guardians seemed both extremely worried for the purple dragon's health.

Speaking of Volteer, you could hear him off down the hall, experimenting with crystals. He'd been coming up with traps and defenses to use against smaller groups of monsters attempting to sneak into Warfang so that the group wouldn't have to expend so much energy on defense. Cyril was probably attempting to open some portals to the realms, and Terrador was scouting for packs of enemies or civilian creatures or dragons who might be in danger. It probably wouldn't be too difficult to get a hold of any one of them.
Mashugana

Postby Soru » Sat Aug 04, 2018 7:03 am

Spyro's condition worried her, but at the very least Cynder knew that he is safe and is slowly recovering. He even recovered enough for a night of passion between them and Cynder blushes some from the memory as she showers and is tempted to play that out in her head again. However she had things to do and she knew that she couldn't really risk being too distracted. So once she was finished with cleaning her scales so they shined vibrantly she dries off and puts on a set of leather armor that she was given to wear. It hugged her body quite well, showing her curves and not really hiding the size of her breasts and rear well though she hardly noticed it herself.

She considers her options and since she wasn't entirely sure where Cyril or Terrador would specifically be right now she heads to Volteer's lab. She never thought that the very chatty electric dragon would be the smart type to create traps or find uses for the crystals on his own.
Soru

Postby Mashugana » Sun Aug 05, 2018 11:42 pm

You'd hear Volteer long before you saw him, the crackling of electricity and his loud babbling echoed through the corridors of the fort like the ravings of a mad scientist, with the occasional spattering of curses and hisses of pain as he occasionally zapped himself. In the aftermath of the battle with Malefor, the yellow dragon had converted his chambers into something of a workshop, and often times the sounds of him tinkering with things kept you up at night, to the point that everyone in Warfang essentially had to force him to promise not to make too much noise til sunrise. The noises stop for the most part, but you can hear him muttering and panting to himself before you walk through the door.

Stepping into the Guardian of Lightning's chambers, you notice that Volteer is taking a small break, panting slightly while fanning himself with his tail as he sits down on a chair, a crystal almost the size of you sits on a table, faintly glowing with yellow energy that isn't just coming from the sunlight pouring in through the windows, a large, untidy bed is in the corner, tailored to the Guardian's size, with tables laden with little crystals and the everpresent books filled with dragon lore, information on the land and other topics.

It took a moment for him to notice you, but once he did, Volteer seemed to regain his vigor almost immediately, you never did know where he got all of that energy from as he stood up, an excited grin on his muzzle as he wiped his somewhat sooty hands on his pants.

"Cynder, good morning! I do hope I didn't wake you from your sleep, but my inquiries as to the astounding power of electricity reacting to crystals kept me from being able to wait too long, and I've been working on a project of improbable potential!"
Mashugana

Postby Soru » Mon Aug 06, 2018 3:53 am

Cynder knew right away if Volteer was here or not as she heard him and his experiments well before she reaches his room which is also his laboratory too. She didn't understand really why the electric dragon decided to use his room for his experiments rather than an actual lab; not like there weren't other places for him to set up his workshop. As she walks towards the door to his room she covers her muzzle a bit as she smells the scent of something burning before she could even open the door. Once she steps into his room she sees the yellow dragon sitting in his chair with a large crystal nearby on a table.

When the Guardian greeted her Cynder couldn't help but smile a bit as Volteer's energetic talking usually manages to make her feel a bit happy. "Good morning, Volteer." she gives a small polite bow to the Guardian. "No, you didn't wake me up. I was coming by to see how your work is going and see what I can do today. You do know you can probably set up a workshop in a different room, right? I can guess it's not comfortable living with all this here." She comments as she walks over to the large crystal and looks at it. "What were you working on anyways?"
Soru

Postby Mashugana » Wed Aug 08, 2018 4:40 pm

Volteer grinned and returned a slightly smaller bow in response, the greeting of an elder dragon to a younger one. However, his smile turned into a small frown when he came up, staring at you as if you'd grown a second head that had insulted his mother when you suggested that he move his lab to another room. "But then I wouldn't be able to immediately get to my experiments." he explained, as if not really getting your point. He shook it off when you approached the large crystal though, happy to tell you about his latest obsession. "Ah, since I discovered that my electric breath can make things move and power certain objects, I've been tinkering with using it to make things move more swiftly and efficiently and to use in defensive measures, it seems as if by utilizing and refining crystals, then charging them with electricity (either through my own exhalations or through other means), I can store ever more voluminous amounts of power for longer periods, increasing their capability, especially in regards to the powering of appliances, instruments and even constructions!"

Volteer paused for breath for a brief moment.

"In summary, this crystal is a generator, which I will use to connect to various cables I shall install throughout our home and bring it into the future!"

He didn't seem to really know *what* future exactly.
Mashugana

Postby Soru » Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:57 pm

"That...wasn't really my point, Volteer. Just saying you might be more comfortable in your room if your workshop wasn't in the same room. However...it's your choice I suppose." She shrugged before he starts to explain what his latest project is. She listens to him ramble on about it for a little while, the young dragoness not understanding most of what the guardian was talking about and she gives him a look to let him know that she was having trouble understanding. Once he says that it was essentially a generator she nodded her head in understanding. "I see... Well it does sound fascinating. Though it seems like it needs a bit of work, but I'm sure you'll figure it out soon." She said with a reassuring smile. "Just don't blast down half of the temple doing so. I think the moles are still angry from when you accidently blew a hole in the wall."
Soru

Postby Mashugana » Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:20 am

"Ah..." Volteer said, his excitement seeming to diminish a little when you brought up that particular incident. "Right... they still haven't returned that equipment to me." He said a little forlorn. After a moment, he suddenly snaps his fingers, causing a few sparks to come flying off of them. "Oh! I forgot!" He exclaimed, suddenly dashing towards one of the piles of books and rummaging through them hurriedly, knocking a few off the table and onto the floor before turning back to you with a letter in hand. "This came this morning, something about a request for help investigating some tunnels, seems like something's been harassing them down there." he said, a concerned look on his face. "The moles are grouchy, but they've also been good for supplying stone, metal and other materials for rebuilding warfang, if they have trouble, they can't assist us as much..."
Mashugana

Postby Soru » Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:37 am

Cynder raises a brow as Volteer suddenly dashes to a pile of books and starts to rummage through them, knocking down other things from the table to the floor. Cynder picks one up as Volteer finds what he was looking for. Exchanging the fallen item in her hands for the letter she opens it and begins to read as Volteer tells her that it's a request to investigate some of the tunnels. Sounds like something hostile might be down there and she knew that this is an issue since the moles need the tunnels clear to get the much needed stone and metal for rebuilding Warfang.

"Of course, I understand Volteer." She nods her head at him and smiles. "Guess I should get going then. The sooner the better. Mind if I use your window?" She said as she unfolds her wings and gives them a small flap while walking to the large window of the Guardian's room. She steps onto the window's edge and then jumps off, her wings spreading open and she flaps them to propel herself upward as she flies off towards the entrance to the tunnels. As she flies she looks over the Warfang, the Dragon City, and sees many about in the streets of the city and other dragons flying in the sky. Many dragons have returned from hiding once Malefor was defeated and flocked to the city. Cynder glides over the buildings and smiles as she sees many moles, dragons, and even some of the cheetahs tribe helping to rebuild the city.
Soru

Postby Mashugana » Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:33 am

"Good luck!" Volteer calls after you as you take flight, soaring over the city. You note that most of the debris and ruined buildings from the previous battles had been cleared, and there was even some new construction underway as dragons, cheetahs and moles worked together, and even the odd dragonfly buzzed passed, relaying messages and the like. You get fairly pleasant greetings from the moles and a few cheetahs, but your reception among your draconic kin is considerably more chilly, many eyeing you with suspicion and hostility when they aren't ignoring you outright. It seemed like some old scars take a long time to disappear after all.

You land near the main entrance to the Moles' tunnel, where a mole holding up a large sign that reads DRAGON NEEDED is waiting, a pretty distressed look on his face.
Mashugana

Postby Soru » Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:45 am

Cynder frowns a bit as a good amount of the dragon were still wary of her from her time as the Terror of the Skies back when she was under Malefor's control. Obviously many haven forgiven her yet despite having been forced to be evil during that time but at least there were some dragons that saw her as the dragon who helped Spyro save the world. Hopefully others would forgive her in time but she's accepted that some will never forgive in.

She flies over the city till she manages to find the entrance to the tunnels. She dives down and lands right outside of the entrance and sees that there is a mole holding a sign that specifically was asking for a dragon's help. "Are you the one that needed help? If so then I got the letter that was sent to me." She said as she held up the letter Volteer gave her.
Soru

Postby Mashugana » Thu Aug 16, 2018 1:32 am

The mole rushes up to you in a mixture of terror and gratitude, all but chucking the sign off to the side and nearly smacking into you in his desperate sprint.

"Yes, yes! It's terrible!" he says, grasping you by the claw and staring at you with wild eyes behind a set of goggles. "There's been a cave in, almost two dozen moles are trapped down there and there's... THINGS hunting them! We managed to get some communication with them through a radio message and they said they'd taken refuge in one of the smaller incomplete tunnels, but they don't know what's attacking them aside from that they're big, mean and some can fly!"
Mashugana

Postby Soru » Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:02 am

Cynder can tell that this is urgent with how the mole frantically comes up to her and she could see his expression behind the goggles that he was wearing. "Calm down and lead me inside." She tells the mole calmly once he told her of the situation. Walking into the mines Cynder tries to think of any creatures she's seen before that matches the description but nothing comes to mind right away; some things fit part of what she was told but she can't seem to place her claw on it tight now. Also with how short the moles are it's a bit hard to tell what 'large' meant. However that didn't really matter; she needed to help the moles and this creature will need to be taken care of despite its size.
Soru

Postby Mashugana » Fri Aug 17, 2018 6:33 am

You found yourself led down a series of tunnels, going left, then right, then left and straight and right and.. well, after a minute or two it became hard to tell which directions you were going with how fast the mole was leading you. There was a reason why up til now the moles were the most successful people dwelling underground, though the attempted destruction of the world had collapsed or destabilized many of their tunnels, trapping or separating countless numbers of them.

After what seemed like seven minutes, you came before a group of moles hurriedly tunneling into a collapsed section that had been blocked off by rocks and dirt, great gobs of it were being flung back and swept away to keep the path clear as the foreman of the group left to approach you, nodding his grizzled, graying head respectfully to you.

"Thanks for coming, we weren't sure what was down there so we wanted to get the most powerful dragon we could to help." he said gratefully. "I'm Artie, I'm the foreman for this section. About half of our guys are blocked behind that pile back there, they were trapped when some big winged thing attacked us, didn't even know where it came from but it screeched loud enough to collapse this part here, stunned a lot of us too." he said with a grim face. "I couldn't tell what it was, but it's big. Probably bigger than you and about as black, with fur and horns and a face like a skull." He said as he led you to the pile, with his workers nearly finished putting a hole in it.

"None of us are fighters, but we can keep in contact and get some help in other ways if we have to, we've got machinery and the like." he declared, as the miners and diggers shouted about having made it through before coming back, many looking tired and worried, and some bearing injuries from either the collapse or the monster's attack.
Mashugana

Postby Soru » Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:33 am

Cynder follows the mole through a series of tunnels and for a while she tries to keep track of all of the turns they take but after a while there's just too many for her to keep track up. Eventually she is lead to where a group of moles were trying to quickly tunnel through a collapsed rocks and dirt that is blocking the way into the next section. They are working fast and making progress so they should be finished tunneling soon for her to go through.

She notices the graying mole, the foreman, walking up to her and she nods her head back at him in respect before listening to him explain their situation. Mainly she tries to figure out what the creature in the tunnels is and from the description she had a decent idea of what it might be. "Sounds like it could possibly be a dreadwing... but I won't know for sure until I see it myself." She says before the moles shout that they have mode it through. "Well looks like I'll be seeing it soon then. Anything else I should know?" She asks before she goes through the dug out tunnel.
Soru

Postby Mashugana » Tue Aug 21, 2018 7:20 am

The mole paused, thinking.

"There's some explosive material in a few of the carts down there, made from crystals. Might want to be careful not to set them off." is all he says as you squeeze through. "Here, a light. Careful though, it attracts the monsters." he says, handing you a belt with a flashlight stuck in the side.

With that, you go through the opening, and into darkness. The echoes of crumbling dirt and rock sounding down into the abyss before you.
Mashugana

Postby Soru » Tue Aug 21, 2018 8:00 am

Cynder keeps in the mind the carts of explosive materials and to be careful around them. She thanks the mole for the flashlight and belt and she adds it to her current outfit before turning on the light. For now she'll use it till she senses anything near her and turn it off.

Walking into the darkness Cynder wasn't too unnerved; she's been in similar caverns before and she was no stranger to darkness. She keeps her guard up as she explores, unsure of where to go as she makes a mental map in her head of where she's going. She uses her tail blade to make small cuts on walls as she goes in order to mark her way so she couldn't get lost. Hopefully finding this creature won't take too long and that she can deal with it quickly.
Soru

Postby Mashugana » Fri Aug 24, 2018 5:33 am

Spoiler (click to show/hide):

Rolling encounters: 1. Oh.

Your trip down into the darkness of the caverns is silent at first, with only the soft crumbling of bits of stone and the click and scrape of your claws along the rock being your sole company. In fact, it seems like there's just no life in these tunnels at all, and a grim thought comes to your mind that perhaps the moles that were trapped here were wiped out.

However, you're not alone for too much longer.

You barely have enough time to react when you come to a large chamber like area in the tunnels before the sound of huge wings and a hideous, almost demonic shriek explodes from behind you, and you barely dodge the talons of the beast, it's claws missing you by mere centimeters as it flies passed you and back up into the darkness, an enraged snarl coming from the monster above as it goes out of sight. However you can hear it's wings beating closer again, it's coming in for another pass!
Mashugana

Postby Soru » Fri Aug 24, 2018 6:09 am

As Cynder walks down through the dark tunnels she begins to worry that the moles trapped down here might have been killed by the creature and that she was too late. She wasn't even sure if there creature was still around as she heard nothing for a long while.

However the moment she walked into a large chamber she heard the sound of large wings and a demonic like shriek behind her. Her reflexes kick in and she quickly dodges out of the way before trying to look at her opponent. She looks up into the darkness where it flew but she could already hear it coming at her again. Acting quickly she uses her shadow powers to melt into the ground and out of the creature's attack. From the being a shadowy mass on the ground she can attempt to get a look of the creature and avoid it's attacks.
Soru

Next

Return to Private Games