The White Wolf Returns [Soru]

Forum for publicly viewable but closed-group role-playing.

Re: The White Wolf Returns [Soru]

Postby Firehead » Mon Feb 24, 2020 2:53 am

As you approach, it doesn't look promising as the thick fog obscures anything past the gate, but as you pass under the gate, things clear up, and you can see the rest of the path reminding you of the strange portal at the base of Sakuya's tree that only seemed to appear when you crossed the threshold of the last gate leading up there. As you get closer, you find you can't get much past the entrance to the cave. There is a staircase up, but it has been destroyed. At the base of the steps, you find a hole that looks like a blade could have been stuck into the ground, but there is no sign of such a weapon.
Firehead

Postby Soru » Tue Feb 25, 2020 5:23 am

Ammy tries to see if she could find an entrance to the cave but had no luck. She does see that there was some kind of hold made by a blade of sorts and according to the story the man just told here there should have been a weapon there. However if it's gone then that means that the demon sealed inside might be trying to get out... "Issun, let's go. This place is creepy." She told her little friend before heaving back to the top of the hills again as there was nothing she could do here at the moment.
Soru

Postby Firehead » Sat Feb 29, 2020 10:58 pm

Having investigated the cave as much as you can at the moment, you make your way up trying to think of what to do next. The only place of interest left is the cave up on the ridge though you notice as you look that it is flooded, and without knowing how far it goes, you're not sure if you can swim it. Suddenly, Issun pipes up, "Hey, why don't you try out the Water Lily technique we got from Hasugami?
Firehead

Postby Soru » Wed Mar 04, 2020 2:50 am

She looks down at Issun who is taking a ride between her cleavage as normal. "I was having the same idea, Issun." She said before using her new technique to create lily pads on the water's surface, making a path of them through the water filled cave. Once they were set she jumps from one to the other and makes more as needed as she goes deeper through the cave. Luckily the lily pads didn't use too much of her power so she should be able to make it through this cave even if it goes far.
Soru

Postby Firehead » Fri Mar 06, 2020 3:01 am

As the Lily Pad popped into existence, you found that it was easily enough to bear your weight, and they lasted for a bit, so even if you did need a lot of them, you could rest on one for a bit before creating the next to conserve power. It doesn't take long to reach a ledge above water level, but after that, it seems to have caved in. It's clear through the cracks in the cave-in though that there's light just past this point, so the cave must open up somewhere else from here.
Firehead

Postby Soru » Thu Mar 12, 2020 5:20 am

With the Lily Pads working well enough to support her weight she makes her way through the cave till she came up to a ledge above the water level. With grace she jumps from the lily pad and onto the ledge before looking around a bit incase demons are nearby. With none around she sees that this is a dead end due to the cave in. However she could see the light through the cracks in the rocks and thinks for a moment before she gets an idea. Using her newest ability she creates a bomb right next to the cave in and backs up so she and Issun won't get caught in the blast.
Soru

Postby Firehead » Sun Mar 15, 2020 4:27 am

As the bomb detonates, you feel a breeze come in from the other side of the collapsed tunnel, and it carries with it the same sense of dread and corruption that once overtook Shinshu fields. You would need to be on the lookout for another sapling before long. Looking through the cleared rubble, you find the tunnel leads onto a ridge overlooking a large forest, and sure enough, demonic corruption hangs over much of it limiting where you could go for the time being. The path down, at least, is clear of any problem.
Firehead

Postby Soru » Tue Mar 17, 2020 12:07 am

From just the breeze alone the goddess could sense the corruption that was before covering Shinshu Fields and knew she is going to need to be careful unless she wanted the demons to easy dominate her again. The though sent a shudder through her body before she composes herself and walks through the now open tunnel. Soon she finds herself on a ridge overlooking a large forest covered in the corruption. At least she had a path clear of it so she makes her way down it while keeping her guard up. "Have you ever been here before, Issun?" She asked her little friend.
Soru

Postby Firehead » Wed Mar 18, 2020 1:59 am

Issun seems a bit distracted as you speak to him. "Oh sorry, didn't expect a place with so many trees to fall prey like this." It is true that lush vegetation is usually a sign of health in an area that would ward of such corruption which only speaks to how strong this threat is. "I've not been here too much, but I do know the town relies heavily on this forest for lumber and freshwater. There's even a spring that's supposed to have divine powers here."
Firehead

Postby Soru » Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:11 pm

Ammy nods her head a bit and frowns as he was right, the lush forest that should have been able to ward off corruption was almost completely taken over by the corruption. The situation seems to be worse than she thought but she was sure it wasn't anything she can't handle. When Issun mentioned the spring Ammy knew that that's where she should head to. "I see. And where is this spring? It might be able to help us with that corruption." She asked as she continues down the path.
Soru

Postby Firehead » Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:02 pm

"It should be...well over that way." He points up towards another ledge. You can't tell if the land up there is cursed, but the path that leads up it certainly is at the moment. "Looks like you'll need to find another way up there or dispel the curse before we can check out the spring. Kushi certainly's going to be disappointed if we don't clear this up in time for the festival. The others won't either if she can't make her 8 Purification Sake." As you come to the bottom of the path, the only path clear of the curse is a small cave. Something about the name of that sake sounds familiar.
Firehead

Postby Soru » Thu Apr 02, 2020 12:56 pm

"8 Purification Sake? I feel like I heard of that before..." Ammy said as that sounded rather familiar to her for some reason. As she reaches the bottom of the path she looks around and doesn't see around some. The path going up to the ledge Issun pointed out is currently blocked by cursed land which she had no interest in getting close to. Looking around the only path that didn't seem cursed was the one leading to the cave. With no other options she heads towards the small cave.
Soru

Postby Firehead » Sat Apr 04, 2020 2:09 am

"Well, it should. It's what the Orochi was drunk on when you and Nagi defeated him 100 years ago. Kushi's family has continued making it to celebrate his defeat ever since." The short cave opens up into a small cavern with a home built there. "Huh, who would be living in a dreary place like this?" As you look about, there are no signs of a Guardian Sapling leaving little choice but to visit the home or leave the cave to take a second look around.
Firehead

Postby Soru » Sun Apr 05, 2020 2:18 am

"I see... I'll keep that in mind then." She said as she makes a mental note of the sake and apparently only Kushi and her family knows how to make. Walking into the cave she finds herself in a kind of spacious cavern with a home built inside of it. Looking around there wasn't much else for her to look at other than the home so she approaches the building. "Hello? Anyone here?" She asked as she opens the door and walks inside while looking around.
Soru

Postby Firehead » Mon Apr 06, 2020 6:49 pm

The first thing you notice is that the blanket over the doorway has an eye emblazoned on it, and as you enter, you find the rest of the decor gives a rather mystic feel. Standing behind a desk in the back is an older woman who appears to have lost little of her beauty. "Ah, so the white wolf has finally arrived. You are here to banish the curse from these woods, are you not? You may call me Madam Fawn. I read bones to see into the future."
Firehead

Postby Soru » Fri Apr 10, 2020 11:47 am

Entering the home through the blanket covering the doorway Amaterasu quickly feels a sort of mystic vibe coming from the place and it looked the part too. Looking around a bit she quickly spots the woman behind the desk as she greats them and she is surprised that the woman seems to know who she is and why she's here. "Yes, I'm here to cleanse the forest though the paths seem to be blocked with corruption, Madam Fawn." She said as she walks up to the desk and the older woman.
Soru

Postby Firehead » Sun Apr 12, 2020 6:03 pm

She nods, "Well then, I guess I can give you a little guidance. I'll even make the first reading free, but I'll need to charge for any future readings. I assure you though, it is worth the price of admission." She scatters a few bones on the table looking them over carefully. "Yes, this corruption is concerning. Only Orochi could be responsible for it. There is a path to a Guardian Sapling with the power to dispel the curse. Follow the narrow path along the shoreline, but a boulder hides what you seek. Yes, that is all I can see at the moment."
Firehead

Postby Soru » Fri Apr 24, 2020 10:44 am

"Thank you." Ammy said when the woman said that the first reading would be free which was good for her. She leans in a bit towards the table as she watches the woman scatter some bones on the table and looks them over. Amaterasu wasn't sure what this would tell but Madam Fawn seems to as she tells her where to go. "I see... Thank you, Madam Fawn. Let's go Issun." She said as she turns to leave and look for the narrow path that she was told about. The boulder she should be able to deal with using her bombs she thinks.
Soru

Postby Firehead » Sun Apr 26, 2020 4:24 am

"Yes, and remember, I'll always be here when you need a little supernatural guidance in the future, but I'll need something of you in the future." She waves you goodbye. Issun looks back at her house as the two of you leave. "Wow, she seemed pretty confident you'd be back to her. At least it means she's confident her guidance will be helpful. Indeed, there is a small path along the shore, but it's very narrow and the water is completely covered in corruption.
Firehead

Postby Soru » Sat May 09, 2020 9:08 am

Issun's words did comfort Ammy a bit as he did have a point; the woman wouldn't have been so confident that Amaterasu would come back if she wasn't good at what she did. Outside she looks around and finds the path along the shore, though it was rather narrow and on one side there was corrupted water. Considering how stepping on corrupted land affected her Ammy did not want to know what being submerged in corrupted water would do. She walks along the path while staying as far away from the water as she could.
Soru

PreviousNext

Return to Private Games