The White Wolf Returns [Soru]

Forum for publicly viewable but closed-group role-playing.

Re: The White Wolf Returns [Soru]

Postby Firehead » Fri Jul 05, 2019 2:59 am

"Sure thing, furball. I'll keep an eye out for any demons that may want to lay a finger on you." Even though he said that you're fairly certain he spent as much time watching you clean up and redress as watching the surroundings. Still, no new demons come out to bother you.

Walking out into the fields, you see that the sapling is still standing proudly. Given enough time in that state, it would eventually be overtaken by the corruption, but you have a way to restore it now. (19)As you approach, you make sure to keep your eyes out for any demonic presences, and you notice a few, but they haven't noticed you at all. Carefully, you make your way closer avoiding anything that might try to get in your way. Soon you stand before your target ready to restore the powerful guardian to its full splendor.
Firehead

Postby Soru » Tue Jul 09, 2019 1:12 pm

Amaterasu rolls her eyes as she knows that Issun is more likely going to watch her clean up than watch out for more demons. However luckily no one else shows up so soon enough she's clean with her clothes fixed. Out in the fields again she sees the sapling and approaches it, keeping an eye out for any demons. Luckily there are only a few around and none seem to even notice her yet. Once in front of the sapling she looks up at it before activating her powers, using her newest brush technique to restore this sapling to it's full glory.
Soru

Postby Firehead » Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:45 am

Once again, the power of the sapling spreads outward dispelling the corruption. You can even see some of the animals start to return, but while some of the demons retreat, some remain still. "Now that looks so much more friendly though I guess I'll miss that." You notice Issun look at you reminding you of what happened when you had stepped into the corruption yourself. "Whoa," he exclaims drawing your attention behind you. Just over the mountains, you can barely see Sakuya's massive tree looking like it has perked up slightly.
Firehead

Postby Soru » Sat Jul 13, 2019 5:41 am

Amaterasu watches as the sapling comes back to life, growing leaves and blossoms, and then the life returning to the once corrupted lands. She sees that most of the corruption and demons are gone with only a handful remaining still. She looks down at Issun with a raised brow before she blushes as she realizes what he meant and remembers what happened when she stepped on it. Luckily she didn't need to think about it much as Issune distracts her and over the mountains she sees Sakuya's tree looking much more lively than before. "Seems like the main tree is recovering. I guess we should check in on Sakuya." Ammy said before heading back towards the small village.
Soru

Postby Firehead » Sun Jul 14, 2019 2:49 am

"Sounds like a good idea, furball. I'm definitely looking forward to seeing her as her usual self." You remember the racy picture Issun had shown you of the spirit. It had been well composed showing some artistic talent despite what he had chosen to draw.

Getting back to the village, you find it more lively as leaves fall from the massive tree overlooking the village. The fact that it had leaves to fall was certainly a good sign, and the people seemed to already be in higher spirits. You had already done much for this village, but it was still clear there was more that could be done.

You could see the woman still tending her turnips while her son and Hayabusa watched. You could take a second go at it though it would risk another spanking from the woman if you were caught. You could also see Mr. Orange standing on a platform looking up at Sakuya's tree contemplatively.
Firehead

Postby Soru » Wed Jul 17, 2019 3:20 am

Returning to the village Ammy is greeted to the sight of a much more lively village as green leaves fill the sky and flowers were blooming. Everyone seemed to be in higher spirits as well, which is proof to Ammy that she has done some good so far and there was more to do. As she walks by the turnip field she sees the woman and her kid with his dog and decides not to try that turnip race thing again right now as the memory alone made her rear sting a bit.

She walks up the path up the side of the hill and notices Mr. Orange on some kind of platform and looking up at Sakuya's tree. "Let's see what the elder is doing up there, Issun." She said as she walks around and up to the platform where Mr. Orange. "Hello." She greets the old man. "What are you doing up here?"
Soru

Postby Firehead » Fri Jul 19, 2019 6:35 pm

The woman gives you a stern look as you pass making it clear she remembered what happened as well though she quickly returns to tending the turnips once it's clear you're not here to dig up any more trouble. As you approach the platform it becomes clear just how well Sakuya must be doing with her formerly barren boughs now full of green leaves.

When you approach Mr. Orange on the platform, he appears to be sitting there in contemplation though he turns as soon as you speak. "Ah, the wolf is back. I'm here trying to speak with Konohana once again, but I receive no answer. There is a way I can be certain to return the tree's spirit.." His eyes glance over the rest of the town. "but I can't harness the power of the earth with the village in this state." He gives a forlorn sigh before returning his gaze to the great tree.
Firehead

Postby Soru » Sun Jul 21, 2019 12:09 am

Ammy couldn't help but gulp and walk a bit faster as the farmer woman gives her a stern look as the look alone made her rear sting a bit. As she walks up the platform she gets a closer look at Sakuya's tree which once barren now is full of green leaves, showing proof of her work restoring the saplings outside of the village.

She tilts her head a bit when Mr. Orange says he was trying to get the tree spirit to return and wondered if he knew of Sakuya or not. "What do you mean?" She asked him as she walked up to him and looks at the tree. "It looks like the tree is doing much better now. And how would you return the spirit to the tree?"
Soru

Postby Firehead » Sun Jul 21, 2019 3:14 am

His look of concern doesn't fade as you mention the tree looking better. "Yes, the tree is flourishing once again, but I'm not so certain the spirit that resides within is still there. I used to be able to hear her voice faintly on the wind, but now there is just silence. If the tree has been weakened for too long, she may have passed into heaven."

He nods when you ask how he could return it. "There is a rite that I used to perform to revitalize the spirit from time to time, but I must harness the power of the earth to restore her." He waves a hand toward the village. "See the withered trees? Until they all bloom, I cannot harness the power that resides within the earth to perform the Konohana Shuffle."
Firehead

Postby Soru » Tue Jul 23, 2019 12:13 am

Amaterasu turns towards where Mr. Orange motioned to and does spot some withered trees around the village and knows that she has a technique to quickly change that. "I see. Well I'm sure with this tree is full of life the other trees will be restored soon as well." She tells him before she turns to leave. "What do you think, Issun? Should we help the village elder with this or see Sakuya first?" She asked her little friend as they walk away from the platform. Depending on which Issun chooses she'll go back to the village to restore the trees or go see Sakuya.
Soru

Postby Firehead » Wed Jul 24, 2019 4:29 pm

Mr. Orange nods as you begin to walk away. "Yes, I'm sure they too will follow, but I hope it will not be too long. I do miss hearing her voice." He returns to his contemplation.

Issun seems to consider your question. "I'm not sure. That old man's saying a lot of strange things, but he certainly seems sure about it. I guess it's worth checking it out for ourselves before we help him with this dance.

Heading back up to Sakuya's tree, you're surprised when as you pass the gate, things around you seem to fade away, and you see the entrance at the base of the tree once again. A quick check confirms you can approach the tree normally if you go around the gate, and you can see a woman and a little girl standing beneath the giant tree.
Firehead

Postby Soru » Fri Jul 26, 2019 4:06 am

"Alright, we'll take a look at the withered trees after we talk to Sakuya." She said as she walks towards the large tree with Issun taking a ride on her. Before she goes through the gate after checking to make sure she can go to the tree normally but avoiding the gate she notices the woman and the girl at the base of the tree. Ammy decides to greet the two at the tree. "Hello. Are you visiting the tree here?" She greets them.
Soru

Postby Firehead » Sat Jul 27, 2019 2:50 am

Looking over the pair, it is clear even from behind that they are related, probably sisters. The older woman turns to you while the girl remains transfixed at the tree's base. "Yes, we are travelers. This is quite a large tree they have here." The little sister nods excitedly. "Yes, and it has such a pretty gateway at its base." The older sister sighs at that comment. "Why must you persist in this nonsense? It is a simple crevice at the base of the tree."
Firehead

Postby Soru » Tue Jul 30, 2019 1:16 pm

Ammy blinks a bit when the younger sister mentions the gateway while the older sister seemed to only see a crevice and wonders if the little one is able to see divine beings. "Well children do have good imaginations. Maybe she's on to something too." Ammy said as she smiled towards the younger one. She then looks up to the tree, wondering if Sakuya is there or if she needs to go through the gate first.
Soru

Postby Firehead » Wed Jul 31, 2019 3:21 am

The older sister seems to remain skeptical. "Yeah, it's probably just her imagination." The little one finally takes her eyes off the tree noticing you for the first time. "Oh, you have such pretty red markings." The older sister takes a double-take as the young one confirms she has some ability to see the divine that her older sibling doesn't seem to share. "What are you talking about. She's as white as snow."
Firehead

Postby Soru » Thu Aug 01, 2019 12:58 pm

The younger sister's next works confirms that she can see the divine as very few have been able to see her red markings. "Your sister is a bit more perceptive than you think." She says as she smiles at the younger sister before giving them a polite bow. "I'll leave you two be so you can continue your travels." She said to them before deciding to focus on finding Sakuya again.
Soru

Postby Firehead » Fri Aug 02, 2019 2:40 am

The older sister seemed a bit confused at your comments simply deciding to shrug her shoulders when you excused yourself. As you looked to the tree, you couldn't find any sign of Sakuya. Even Issun seems a bit worried when she doesn't respond to his threat to share some of his more 'personal' works of her with the masses. "Huh, that usually works. Maybe the old man is on to something here?"
Firehead

Postby Soru » Sun Aug 04, 2019 1:02 pm

"Hmm, maybe you're right Issun." Amaterasu said before heading back down towards the village. "Maybe we didn't do enough with just the Guardian Saplings. Let's restore the withered trees and then see Mr. Orange." She said as she begins her small quest to locate and restore the withered trees the same way she restored the Guardian Saplings.
Soru

Postby Firehead » Mon Aug 05, 2019 1:44 pm

As you went along seeking out the trees, there wasn't too much to get in your way. One or two trees were a little out of the way leaving you to search about for them, but that was the worst obstacle there. Once the last tree was restored, you took a look around and noticed the town seemed just a bit more lively in an almost imperceptible way. You heard several of the residence humming to themselves as you passed.
Firehead

Postby Soru » Tue Aug 06, 2019 1:59 pm

Once Ammy had restored the last tree, which took a bit longer than expected as some were not out in the open she began to make her way back up towards the giant tree. As she walks through the village as sees the villagers are more lively and happy and she smiles to herself as she knows this is probably her doing. She heads towards the platform where Mr. Orange was to see what he had to say about this.
Soru

PreviousNext

Return to Private Games