The Darker Side [Anna X Kuragari]

Forum for publicly viewable but closed-group role-playing.

The Darker Side [Anna X Kuragari]

Postby AnnaKimly » Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:35 am

PC:
Spoiler (click to show/hide):

Name: Cayn Leekana
Appearance: http://pm1.narvii.com/5964/aece3dc09d5a ... d74_hq.jpg
Bio: A Jedi apprentice who has shown a great deal of promise in the Force and lightsaber combat, particularly in the Ataru and Niman. However, while on a mission to try and infiltrate the Sith Academy on Korriban, he was captured by one of the Sith there, and now awaits an uncertain fate...

GM PC:
Spoiler (click to show/hide):

Tali Kai
Appearance: https://i.pinimg.com/736x/fc/1e/35/fc1e ... cd793d.jpg
Bio: A skilled sith sorceress adept in both Saberstaff and Marauder twinblades as well as direct application of the force... Lightning being one of her favorite methods of use of the force, however her true skill is in warping someone's mind to her whim.

The sith guards paced back and forth before the cell with the jedi prisoner, their pristine armor resistant to the force leaving them with no worry of the Jedi's power... A single sith in black robes walks up and shoos them off, smiling as she unbolts the bars and walks in, the force securing the door behind her as she walks to the sleeping jedi... such a fool for coming to the sith academy, and so easy to catch.. "wake up prisoner..." she says calmly, her features masked by the deep and dark robes of a trained and graduated Sorceress...
Last edited by AnnaKimly on Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:24 am, edited 3 times in total.
for lack of a better signature;

my paypal dead....
AnnaKimly

Re: The Darker Side [Anna X Kuragari]

Postby Kuragari » Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:48 am

I stir as I sense the approach of a different Sith... one the Force is already giving me some warnings for. I slowly sit up, beginning to recite the Jedi code in my head. There is no Emotion, There is Peace, There is no Ignorance, there is Knowledge...

"I am awake." I reply as I sit up into a meditative stance, not looking her way at the moment as I keep my head bowed and my eyes closed.
Kuragari

Postby AnnaKimly » Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:55 am

'Peace is a lie! THERE IS ONLY PASSION... through passion I gain STRENGTH, through strength; I gain POWER. through power; I gain VICTORY. THROUGH VOCTORY MY CHAINS ARE BROKEN! THE FORCE SHALL FREE ME!!!' echoes in your mind as I think it, the force clinging to me like my robes... you hear the hiss of a saber, see the glow through your eyes, and feel its heat. "Open your eyes Jedi, it's disrespectful not to..." I say, my voice actually rather sing song and pretty as my saber hums in the silence.

my paypal dead....
AnnaKimly

Postby Kuragari » Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:00 am

I gasp as the thoughts broadcast so strong, so fiercely in my mind. Jedi were trained for the possibility of mental attacks, but I was still but an apprentice, and the sheer force of it caught me off guard. My eyes opened even before you commanded as I wheeled back, now resting against the wall as I worked to quickly and hastily put my mental defenses back in place.

"S~Sith are not deserving of any respect..." I manage to get out in the meantime as I now take in your form.
Kuragari

Postby AnnaKimly » Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:08 am

"And why not?" I ask, my entirety hidden in my robes... "are we not skilled in sabers, skilled in the force, your equals in every way... and some would even say your superiors in terms of our power..." I say calmly, ma faint shadowy menace lingering around every word... "you say we're evil... but from our perspective, you're evil. all because we teach differently. because the Sith code teaches us to follow our passion and emotion... and the Jedi code does not. because the republic supports you over us we're evil." you realize I may very well not be here to be trained but to train others.

my paypal dead....
AnnaKimly

Postby Kuragari » Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:11 am

I shudder, again drawing on the code to try and aid me, using the mantra to help in rebuilding my mental defenses... I do my best to ignore the soft, whispered echoes of the Sith Code that follow after each line of the Jedi Code, as if taunting it and me. "You draw on the Dark Side... you use the Force to hurt and destroy, to corrupt and taint... you are against the natural order."
Kuragari

Postby AnnaKimly » Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:18 am

"why is it dark? what makes it dark..." I say flatly... "our use is only differing from yours because we use MORE... the founding Sith raised cities with a wave of their hands..." I add... "the difference is we use our emotions, and you're limited to logic..." I say as your entire body is lifted to stand before me... "you limit the force... and so you call our use dark... yes we hurt...." lightning starts flickering from my fingertips... "but any Jedi can kill just as many..." I add as I launch arcs of lightning across the bars of the cell... "just as Sith learned how to save lives from those who take them..." I finish with as the lightning arcing across the cells lingers, flickering...

my paypal dead....
AnnaKimly

Postby Kuragari » Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:22 am

I gasp, your lifting me up again not something I'm prepared for. I squirm in your grip and flinch as you cast the lightning, expecting it to strike me. I'm surprised when it doesn't, but I still try to draw on my teachings to answer back to you. "You don't use your emotions... your emotions use you. You claim to control them, but the Jedi have seen time and time again how easy it can be to get a Sith to lose control... we have heard stories and seen the devastation your use of powers can bring... you may accomplish great things, but you do so soaked in blood with the bodies of innocents lying about you."

Thanks to your demonstration though and the resulting flow of emotions, my mental defenses, hastily rebuilt, weaken a bit.
Kuragari

Postby AnnaKimly » Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:39 am

"and how many Jedi make up those ranks?" I ask back... "remind me, Malek the betrayer??? was he not a Jedi before he decided he hated your teachings... before he killed hundreds of thousands and destroyed how many worlds?" I say coldly... "ANYONE can go wild and kill, maim and destroy... because we have more power, it looks worse when we do... but many Jedi have destroyed just as much as any Sith" I add... "I... can feel your emotions..." I say, letting go of you... "You believe your code, but you understand ours just as much..." I push my hood down, my saber snapping off... revealing my face as I look you over... "I am willing to let you try our way, to let you see OUR perspective... I hate these pointless wars that our people fight... I was a Jedi once... and my master was slaughtered... not by a Sith; by a bounty hunter because she was WEAK. I left the Jedi then..."

my paypal dead....
AnnaKimly

Postby Kuragari » Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:45 am

Again, my control flounders as I am let go and see your face, stunned that you are an alien. Given the way the Sith view aliens these days, that one is anything but a slave is a major change. What you reveal next however further crumbles my defenses. The Sith before me was a Jedi before? Why? and when you share it... I shake my head. "N-No... I will not turn... I will join you... I won't. I won't fall as you did..."

I could already hear my Master's reassuring voice in my head, working to explain how your story was a cautionary one... how your feelings for your master were surely what had helped to push you into the arms of the Sith... even as some of your own words tried to echo back in contentions.

"I~I will not listen to you further Sith. You may have a silver tongue but your words are poisoned honey." I reply as I turn my back to you and try to return to meditating and finding my center and peace... but my defenses are easily visible to your trained eyes... they almost resemble the colored blocks of a child... so easy to kick in and destroy.
Kuragari

Postby AnnaKimly » Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:56 am

I could crush you, and were I any other Sith I probably would... but I smile at you instead... "i am giving you a choice to learn, not making you a Sith... you will be my prisoner..." I say... "or I can leave you to the Inquisitors..." which sends terror through you, having heard horrid stories about what a SIth Inquisitor could do to people in interrogations... "Its your choice, be MY prisoner and learn... or be theirs and suffer like any other Jedi... You're young, so you have some promise... and in time you may very well head back to the Jedi..."

my paypal dead....
AnnaKimly

Postby Kuragari » Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:12 am

I tried to suppress my fear at the thought of being under the 'mercies' of the Sith Inquisitors... and the logical patt of my mind said I should persevere and refuse...

But something... perhaps instinct or maybe the Force, encouraged me to instead ask "Why do you care so? And what could a being devoted to darkness possibly offer to teach a Jedi?"
Kuragari

Postby AnnaKimly » Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:17 am

"proof of a lack of darkness..." I say, pivoting on my heel and walking out, leaving the cell unlocked... "you have ten minutes... either follow me or wait here... try an escape and you WILL die... " I say, walking down the hall... unseen by you I lean on the wall around the corner, knowing you'll be along shortly... you had the same mind as me... you just hadn't felt the trauma of loss yet... "Peace is a lie... only for now..." I say with a smile, eager to ply my skills for a far FAR more personal reason...

my paypal dead....
AnnaKimly

Postby Kuragari » Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:23 am

I watch as you leave, and for the first five minutes I sat there thinking. Then the next four agonizing over my choice that I had already made.

You were almost about to wonder if you had misread me when I came round the corner, not looking happy but having made my choice. You could sense a determination to resist within me though, however foolish it might be.
Kuragari

Postby AnnaKimly » Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:31 am

"smart choice... what do I call you... apprentice?" I say with a coy smile... "and yes, I will call you my apprentice, to keep you from incurring suspicion..." I say as I pull my hood up... "My name is Tali... Tali Kai" I say... "in public you WILL call me Master, or Master Kai..." I say as I sink back into the mysteries and shadows of my own mind and my hood...

my paypal dead....
AnnaKimly

Postby Kuragari » Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:43 am

"Cayn... Cayn Leekana." I reply, disagreeing with your thought that I had made the smart choice. I simply grunt at your words, following after you and trying to keep my wits about me.
Kuragari

Postby AnnaKimly » Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:51 am

You notice a lot of various Trainees, a few whom you swear you recognize from the jedi academy when you were a padawan... "come on..." I say as I lead you into one of the medium temples and down innumerable corridors... and into a single room, where I wait at the door for you... "go on in... these are OUR chambers..."

my paypal dead....
AnnaKimly

Postby Kuragari » Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:54 am

I have trouble ignoring the nagging feeling that some of the students here were people I knew. Not wanting to think of how easy it could be for sp many to be turned to the dark side...

I paused at the door, probing it and what lay beyond before stepping forward. Something told me all was not as it seemed...
Kuragari

Postby AnnaKimly » Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:05 am

It seems to be a split bedroom and living quarters... "just go in... if I wanted you dead I would have killed you when my saber was at your throat... you don't have to be so worrisome, i'm not like the fear monger stories the Jedi Order teaches... I do remember those... stories about torture and deception..." I wave you in... "if it please you, you can even practice your Jedi meditations and training as long as you're in this room..." you feel the pressure on your mind slowly ebb away as I draw into myself, giving you some much enjoyed relief...

my paypal dead....
AnnaKimly

Postby Kuragari » Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:09 am

While my wariness remains, words of the masters telling to never trust a Sith, I move into the center of the room, sitting crosslegged and letting my focus move onto the Force, working to find my center and inner peace, letting the Jedi Code flow in my head...

Even here on Korriban, I was Jedi.
Kuragari

Next

Return to Private Games