W40k: Rosette's path [exalted]

Forum for publicly viewable but closed-group role-playing.

Re: W40k: Rosette's path [exalted]

Postby Phoenixcz » Tue May 29, 2018 2:49 am

With a hiss, the door open... more slowly than it would be dramatic... but not much else happens. Still, Dalia crouches and covers her head... as if that would help her... shouting "Don't shoot, I'm on your side!".

Only silence answers her. The storeroom is dark, and the light from the corridor reaches only few meters, barely illuminating a tall shelf filled with various crates and boxes. The light doesn't reach beyond that, but you have a feeling the storeroom is huge.

Dalia turns her head towards you with a guilty expression "Um... bluff worked?"
If it takes me two weeks or more to respond to a RP without prior notice, send me a PM. It's more likely I've missed the last post, forgot or got distracted and need a little reminder rather than deciding to drop the game without warning.
Phoenixcz

Postby exalted » Wed May 30, 2018 7:47 am

"...whose team are you on?" Rosette glowered over Dalia, the red visor slits on her helm glowing red in anger as she tossed the stun grenade deep in the dark.

She hoped if anyone was hiding in the darkness the sudden exposure to noise and light would shock them into giving away their position, if not it was time to move in. She shocked Dalia in the rear a again to make her jump up and then again to hop her into the room, motioning for the other two to follow up.

Switching to her faux-las, she tried to keep the group against the left wall as they pushed deeper into the dark, hoping to limit the angles and approaches any attacker might have on them.
exalted

Postby Phoenixcz » Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:36 pm

"Yours, of course. It was a bluff to confuse any heretics in there, obviously!" Dalia cowers under your gaze, then quickly scramble out of the doorway when you throw the grenade. You notice Nika poking her head from behind Reynard's shield, giving you some sort of significant look, but she doesn't say anything, and quickly gets behind to safety.

The grenade doesn't make it far before it hits a shelf and explodes moment later. You may see something of the storeroom's layout in the flash... it looks like a maze of shelves, boxes and shipping containers... and you think you can hear a muffled curse from somewhere deeper in the room and... you think above? The curse sounds exactly as if someone with nightvision scope was watching the entrance to the room, and wasn't prepared for your present. It's not the wording, but the tone that's very specific about what happened. Somehow. Followed by the thud of footsteps on a hollow metal surface coming from the same direction.

With the would-be ambusher hopefuly distracted for now, you goad Dalia into the room, and follow her yourself, Reynard and Nika little slower just behind you. In the dim light reaching into the storehouse from the corridor, you'll notice switchbox, propably controlling the lights, on the wall next to the door. Aware of the danger of lingering where the enemy could have a line of fire, you follow the wall before your route gets blocked by a large cargo container put up to the wall. However, if you've guessed your foe's position correctly, you should be covered from his direction by another container that...

...you can't see anymore, as the door to the room close automatically, cutting of your only source of light. Your vox comes to life, it's Reynard's voice. "Sister, my helmet lacks night-vision equipment. I'm blind in here." He's not the only one: none of you can see anything in this dark labyrinth. Your enemy propably can, and neither you or (especially) Reynard can move silently in your armor. There's the dim light on the device you wear, but it's too weak to provide any illumination.
If it takes me two weeks or more to respond to a RP without prior notice, send me a PM. It's more likely I've missed the last post, forgot or got distracted and need a little reminder rather than deciding to drop the game without warning.
Phoenixcz

Postby exalted » Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:02 am

"Sure," Rosette huffed as Dalia came up with another excuse, "Riiiiiiiight"

She grinned inside her helm as the grunt from the room confirmed her suspicions, remembering back to her own training with photovisors just what sought of hell a photonflash grenade caused.

Heading inside, she made note of the box but decided against it. There ambusher may have decided against using his optics again if he suspected she had more grenades and didn't want a repeat, the gloom was just as big an ally to them as it was him.... until the door closed.

"Emperor Damnit," she cursed under her breath, realising the lights on the training harness now only gave away their position in the complete dark.

She kept an eye out for any lights atop where the containers had been, if her harness exposed her it might be the same for the attacker; but waiting for him to pop out wasn't a plan. Feeling for Dalia, she whispered for her to head back to the light box and flick it on while she made another distraction.

Using her vox to warn Reynard and Nika, she palmed another grenade from her pouches to hurl into the dark again when Dalia was ready to make her run.
exalted

Postby Phoenixcz » Sun Jun 10, 2018 2:44 am

Reynard and Nika aknowledge your warning. You can't see Dalia's face, but she doesn't protest out loud, and you can feel and hear her readying to move away, towards the light box. The explosion of your grenade serves her as a signal, and she dashes towards the controls. But when she reaches it, you can hear the clicking of switches, but no light comes. Either she does something work, or it isn't as simple as that. Or your hidden enemy expected you'll try to turn on the lights, and sabotaged them, though you think non-techpriest doing something like that would be heretical to the cog-lovers. Perhaps they are helping your enemies after all?

No curses followed your grenade this time, and what you've seen in the flash only confirms your earlier observation that the storeroom is a maze. You've noticed something strange, though... a shine few meters ahead of you, about thirty centimeters of the ground, like there was a wire or something set in your way. You're lucky you were looking the right way, unfortunately, the flash was too short to discern any detaily. Perhaps a tripwire for some sort of booby trap? Or it may have been just a play of light, or your imagination. You also think you've heard movement from further inside the room, and now you're certain it came from above. The enemy must be atop one of the containers, to get a higher ground. That mean you won't stumble straight into him... assuming there's only one.

After a while, Dalia returns towards you, without being shot at, and reports: "I've tried all switches I could find, nothing works." The later part is rather obvious.
Phoenixcz

Postby exalted » Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:28 am

Rosette chewed on her lip as mulled over the problem, realising she had no good options.

Heading back would only give the bastards time to prepare something else... and asking a techpriest for help was just ick!

Heading deeper in without being able to see was suicide with the traps and sniper lurking about, even if she and Reynard were in armour. Yes, she could send Dalia forward into the one she knew about, but guessed she would probably get in trouble later for deliberately doing that.

Staying still wasn't an option, the sniper would just eventually work his way around and blast them anyway.

Grrr, damnit, she needed the bastard to reveal his position.

Mind ticking, she came up with an idea and prayed it would work. The thrice cursed bastard was somewhere up on one of the containers, there wouldn't be a lot of cover up there and his movement restricted. She explained to Nika she would need to give a Dalia a boost up so that she could fire level with the container tops and hopefully drawing the snipers fire. She would be further down the container they were sheltering behind, boosted up by Reynard and scanning for the flash of the snipers weapon to blast him in return.

Moving into position, she eyed up Reynard, wondering if he would be able to support her weight or if she would need to ditch her armour for the plan.
exalted

Postby Phoenixcz » Sat Jun 16, 2018 1:38 am

You can only barely see where the others are thanks to the light from the devices they wear. You know Reynard's armor has small external searchlight, but it would just reveal your position to the hidden sniper right now. It could be useful to avoid the traps, after you deal with him.

Nika agrees with your plan and Dalia doesn't protests either, except saying she'd rather threw a flashbang than fired blindly into the darkness, but Reynard raises an objection. "Good plan, but my armor isn't stealthy. The enemy will be able to tell where I am. I suggest you and Dalia switch places. We can also move further forward to draw the enemy attention away from your position." Sounds like he didn't noticed the wire like you did, as that would send him right to it. After that, Nika joins the discussion "You'll have to take off your armor, though, I think I can help you up, but not while you're wearing it. And it will be quieter anyway, yours isn't as noisy as Reynard's, but ceramite scratching on metal will also give you away."

While you're discussing the plan, you're trying to listen to any noise your foe may be making, but the storeroom is quiet. Looks like he's staying put wherever he is.
Phoenixcz

Postby exalted » Sun Jun 17, 2018 12:36 am

Rosette explained about the tripwire to Reynard as she continued to scan about with her ears hoping to get some sense of the man, before turning to Dalia. They couldn't use a flashbang for this, the point was to trick the man into firing, if needed she could just stick her hand over the container and fire wildly. The noise Reynard would make getting into position wouldn't be a problem either, it would attract the man to the wrong spot and give Dalia a few moments to safely fire as he switched targets.

If there were no more questions she would unbuckle the training harness and and pop the seal of the armour, the torso splitting like a clam shell allowing her to squeeze out. Left in only the skintight arming suit, she was happy the darkness concealed most of her form to Reynard and she cinched the harness back on the gripped the faux-las, ignoring how the harness squished her bosum.

Guiding Reynard further down the side of the container to their firing spot, looking back to see if Nika and Dalia were ready as she waited for Reynard to grab and hoist her up. She would try to stay ducked down below the edge of the container top until Dalia had started to fire.
exalted

Postby Phoenixcz » Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:13 am

When you arrive at your position, Reynard grabs you by the waist, surprisingly gently, considering his heavy, cumbersome gauntlets and lifts you up without any problem beside the whinning of his armor's servos, then moves so you can stand on his shoulders while he holds your calfs to give you more stable firing position. You realize that if he was lying about lacking night-vision in his helmet, which, admittedly, is somewhat possible for the purpose of excercise, he's got rather nice view of your crotch and backside right now. The form-fitting bodysuit doesn't do much to cover you. Luckily, the container isn't too high, so you could reach over the upper edge and lean to take a shot.

The darkness doesn't allows you to see how the twins are doing, but the sounds, mixed with what sounds like insults too quiet to be heard, suggest it goes less smoothly than on your side. Finally, you see a green point of light moving in their direction at about your height, likely Dalia waving her device around to show you she's ready. Not much later, it's followed by bright flashes from her faux-laspistol's barrel, and you rise up high enough to see if there's any response. She doesn't hit anything, not surprising, considering she's firing blind, but you notice a single flash of light ahead of you, even higher than where you are. Aware that the volume of fire is more important than accuracy, you quickly aim over the edge and send a long burst in that direction. Even though you have only vague idea of the sniper's position, the burst is followed by familiar... and satisfying... buzz indicating a hit. A shout comes from the same direction "You got me, I'm dead". There's a noise of footsteps on metal from the same direction, and you notice a pinpoint of red light moving, revealing the sniper's position atop his perch.

Assuming there's only one enemy, you should be safe now, not counting the booby traps.

Spoiler (click to show/hide):

The sniper barely missed Dalia, and if there were critical hits, you've just dealt one, despite the bonuses the sniper got from cover and being invisible. The Emperor provides.
Phoenixcz

Postby exalted » Thu Jun 28, 2018 1:36 pm

Rosette carefully muttered the prayer of divine guidance as balanced atop Reynard, grateful that the darkness hid how red her cheeks were from thinking about the position she was in with her sinful parts so close to Reynard's gaze. She shifted again to properly balance the faux-las as she saw Dalia make her signal, groaning inwardly as she knew that meant Reynard would need to look up again to centre the weight balance and he would see right up at her....

Seeing the light she fired, the words of the prayer still on her lips and all other thought was pushed to the sides and her hands acted with the Emperor's will.

Hearing the man's call of defeat she was the happy the darkness hid the grin that spread from ear to ear. She had been right again, her plans were so perfect the Emperor shined bright on her. All they would have to do now was take it slow and clear the traps, then they would be home free.

She gasped slightly as she felt herself wobble atop Reynard's shoulders, grabbing the container for balance and cursing under her breath as she felt the front of her suit snag and tear on a gagged edge. Reaching down, she felt around the rip across her belly, happy it wasn't too bad but knowing it could well get worse. Looking around, she tried to figure out what would be the safest way down from Reynard's shoulders.
exalted

Postby Phoenixcz » Fri Jun 29, 2018 3:54 am

You can hear one of the sisters... hard to know which one... let out a little cheer as the sniper admits his defeat, followed by noises that suggest that Dalia is also trying to get down, and it's not going especially well. When you almost lose your balance, you can feel Reynard's grip on your legs tighten. "Are you all right?" His voice doesn't come from the voxbead, but from his helmet's speakers. "I'd help you down, but I can't see what you're doing, and I don't have good tactile feedback in my armor. Do you want me to turn on the light?"

Having Reynard turn on his armor's searchlight would be helpful, but it will also make him see you in your current state and position. Of course, you can always try to get back to the solid ground blind, though that will be harder, if less embarassing. And after that, there's still the matter of getting back into your own armor.
Phoenixcz

Postby exalted » Fri Jun 29, 2018 2:38 pm

Rosette blushed at the thought of Reynard shining his light right up her... no, never mind, she wasn't thinking about that, wasn't happening.

She winced as she heard and felt the rip get worse as she tried to bend down so she could clamber down, straightening immediately to find the tear had gone vertical and was approaching both her chest and lowers.

"Ummm, a hand would help," she whispered down to Reynard, reaching with a free hand to try and find his so could hop down safely.

Feeling one of his hands leave her leg, her eyes suddenly shocked wide open and she gasped.

"Reynard, that's not my hand your holding..."
exalted

Postby Phoenixcz » Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:07 am

Sorry for the long delay. Certain RL event kinda drained my motivation to do anything for the past two weeks.

Your words are followed by noticeable moment of silence. Finally, Reynard speaks. He speaks slowly, but his armor turns his voice into a mechanical echo, hiding any emotion his tone could've revealed. "My apologies, sis... novice. I can't see where I'm putting my hand. It won't happen again." Fortunately (?), you know where to find his hand now, so rest of your descent may proceed quickly and without further incidents. Even when you're back on solid ground, Reynard keeps his searchlight turned off, mercifully keeping your clothing malfunction hidden. Though perhaps he would change your attitude towards you if he'd seen you like this. Assuming there's any reason you'd wanted that... there isn't, right?
Phoenixcz

Postby exalted » Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:30 pm

It's cool, know what that is like

"That's.... quite... quite alright," she gasped, fidgeting around on the hand that gripped her sex between her legs.

She tried to ignore the strange sensation that it shocked through her as she shifted about, trying to post herself up off it to grab hold of it and clamber down.

She kept her back to him once she was down, grabbing one end of the jagged tear in each hand to try and hold it together as best she could as she hustled over to her armour. Even if Reynard had been lying about his night vision there was no guarantee that bastard sniper wasn't catching a perv, and Emperor if those two cackling Hyenas saw her like this she would never live it down.

Climbing back inside the clam shell, she sighed with relief as the armour resealed and covered her again, wiggling her fingers to make sure all the joints were working before picking up the faux las.

"Alright Brother Reynard, you should be fine to use your lamp now," she ordered, the others to form back up behind the shield, "There's at least one trap in the alley ahead"
exalted

Postby Phoenixcz » Sat Jul 14, 2018 4:04 am

As you're putting your armor on, you hear one of the twins approach you. "I'll help you!" You can't tell which one it is, and you don't really need help. Donning your armor blindly makes things a little harder, but you've been drilled hard enough that you'd put the armor on even while asleep, if ordered. As expected, she's more hindrance than help, as she can't see either, but before you can drive her away, she gets closer to you and whispers. "Rosette, be careful with Dalia. She's hiding or planning something. We're both good at keeping our mischief secret from others, but I can tell." Nika sounds uncharacteristically serious, but doesn't say anything more. After that, you really have no need of her "help" and can tell her to get out of your way so you can finish suiting up.

When you're ready and start giving order again, Reynard warns you he's turning on the light. The light isn't especially bright, but after the time spent in total darkness, it could still dazzle you. You can easily see that what drew your attention before is indeed a wire stretched across the way, tied to a lever of a stun grenade duct-taped to a cargo container. Certainly not something you'd like to stumble into in the dark.
Phoenixcz

Postby exalted » Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:58 pm

Rosette squirmed and fidgeted about as the other woman tried to help her, fighting desperately to keep the existence of the rip away from her and thus making it worse. By the time she had finally crawled inside her suit she could feel the the top of the rip was now well and truly between the valley of her breasts.

The satisfying hiss of her armour sealing put that distraction from her mind though, allowing her to think on the current problem.... she knew she should have just shot Dalia when she saw her, this is what she got for being too nice and letting her repent her sins. Of course, it could have always been Dalia warning her to trick her and put her off her game... GAH! BE DAMNED THOSE ACURSED DIALOGUS!

Deciding to play it safe, she took the pistols from both girls, not wanting one to suddenly shoot the other just as they reached the end. No, they could stay tucked in safe behind the shield for the rest of the journey... it couldn't be that far right?

Disarming the trap, she refilled her pouches with the stun grenades, just in case there were any more jokers trying to make a move. One trap down, she waved for Reynard to push up so he could shine a light down the next corridor.
exalted

Postby Phoenixcz » Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:55 pm

Dalia grumbles as you ask for her weapon, but obeys, Nika is more vocal in her protests: "I'm supposed to watch your back. What good I'll be without a weapon? Though I can still watch your armored butt, if you prefer that..." Dalia giggles at that, and Nika also hands you her pistol, if you still insist. Reynard, as usual, doesn't seem to pay attention to the twins.

Carefully, you make your way through the storeroom's maze, Reynard leading the way with his shield raised, the rest of you safe behind him. You notice some more tripwires set in various heights. Few are rigged to flares, few to more stun grenades, but there are also some that aren't connected to any nasty surprise... either intended to trip you or to slow you down as you check if they present any danger. You hear the sniper moving somewhere ahead, and you're almost through the labyrinth when the lights in the storeroom turn on. They aren't bright enough to blind you, but you still watch for possible danger. None is apparent, and the better illumination makes finding the remaining traps even easier.

Eventually, you reach the other side of the warehouse, to be greeted your opponent. He's a tall, athletic man in his thirties, wearing the standard red uniform of the ship's armsmen. But the most interesting thing is his weapon: it looks like the same type of faux-las you're carrying, but it's been improved by a scope and a tube duct-taped to the end of the barrel to serve as a flash supressor. Both modifications don't look like something the techpriests would approve, and considering the traps and the disabled light switches at the other door, he seems to be pretty handy with technology. He looks at you admiringly "That was helluva shot, sister. I didn't think you'll have any night-vision equipment on you? Tell me, was it luck, or are you really that good?"
Phoenixcz

Postby exalted » Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:44 am

Rosette blushed as she heard what Nika said under her breath, embarrassed and caught off guard by the sudden sinful forwardness of the girl.

"Ba... gah... what?" She quickly turned away after taking the pistol, her cheeks crimson, "Y-you're an armoured butt..."

She rolled her eyes at her own lame comeback line, hoping Reynard hadn't heard anything of the exchange as she hastily walked past, eyes down.

She collected the munitions as best she could as the disarmed trap after trap, rubbing her eyes as the lights finally flooded back on, and chewed her lip as she saw the former sniper.

He probably thinks he's so cool and good looking, she thought in a huff, pushing her chest out and her chin up as the moved up, a flash of rage shooting through her as he accused her getting lucky.

"The Emperor's divine will guides us, we are merely his tools and vassals," she quipped as they passed, refusing to give him the satisfaction.
exalted

Postby Phoenixcz » Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:15 pm

"Of course." The sniper smiles. "That's what I thought."

He lets your group pass, but before you open the door out of the storeroom, he turns towards your group. "I'll be grateful if you don't tell the techpriests I've messed with the lights. I'll fix it, but I don't want them screaming at me about tech-heresy again."

As for the door, Reynard readies himself next to it with his shield, but waits for you, in case you decide to throw one of the novices out first again. You should be close to your goal, but there are still three enemies missing, and there aren't that many places they could be.
Phoenixcz

Postby exalted » Mon Jul 30, 2018 11:21 am

Rosette bristled at the man's smiles, how dare cretin pass off the Emperor's miracle of guidance so casually a luck?

She was almost tempted to turn him into the accursed admech just to serve him right... but that would mean talking to the damned accursed admech... GAH!

Taking a stun grenade from her pouch, she kept it ready to throw just in case these last couple of jokers were waiting on the other side as she opened the door.
exalted

PreviousNext

Return to Private Games