Fallout: Sunshine Wasteland (Soru)

Forum for publicly viewable but closed-group role-playing.

Re: Fallout: Sunshine Wasteland (Soru)

Postby jondude » Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:05 pm

Spoiler (click to show/hide):

So I'll do my best to keep track of your inventory. Still you might want track it yourself. At the same time though, to keep things relatively easy for both of us, I'll try to give you an updated inventory on the first post of every new page. If you find any issues or things missing let me know.

For example... what kind of pistol you got?

Joy's Inventory

Apparel
White tank top: 2/2 HP
Durable Jeans: 5/5 HP
Light Duster: 5/5 HP

Weapons
Hunting Rifle: 100%
--.308 rounds: 35
10mm Pistol: 70%
--10mm rounds: 60
Combat Knife: 70%

Aid
Water Canteen(+1 HP, outside of combat only): 5 uses
Travel rations(+2 HP, outside of combat only): 3

Caps: 36

"No problem at all miss!", Joel says, not at all complaining when you slide him a few extra caps. Course you notice his eyes suddenly slide down for a moment, getting a good look at the significant amount of cleavage your displaying without your duster on. Still, people staring at your tits wasn't that much of a shocker. Sort of amusing when a bright red scaled lizard man was doing it though. He's tactful enough to keep the glance brief though, just a quick mental slip up on his part likely. That done you head out, getting a few glances from the other folks as they appreciate your fine form. Like Joel though, and of the more moral and civilized folks of the wastes in general, they keep the glances quick before going about their business of drinking and eating.

Outside you head to the chicken farm in question. It only takes a minute or so, and even if you didn't directions the settlement isn't so big that where you need to go isn't obvious. When you get there you see two long wooden houses in a modest pen, which attaches to what can only be Burt's house. There are chickens all over, however, their numbers did seem sparse for the size of the pen in question. On the porch of the house you see an old man leaning on a small railing that overlooks the kitchen. He's an older guy, with a big cowboy style hat on and a grey beard hanging from his face. In his hands is a double barrel shotgun, a box of mixed shells of scattershot and slugs next to him. When you get close he's quick to identify you. "Stranger eh? I reckon are resident frilly little deathclaw wannabe sent you?", he asks bluntly.
Last edited by jondude on Sat Apr 07, 2018 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jondude

Postby Soru » Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:13 am

Joy couldn't help but notice Joel's eyes on the cleavage which was exposed because she had taken off her duster to eat. While she was used to the attention her large breasts tend to bring it still made her blush a bit. Putting on her duster and grabbing her gear she heads out of the bar. As she walks her cleavage is still exposed, too big for her duster to cover more than just over half of it so she got more looks as she walked by people though at least all of them didn't stare for too long and most just took glances.

Remembering that Joel said the chicken coop was on the south side of the town she heads there and soon enough she comes across it. Looking at the pen it did look like it should be more full with chickens if the geckos didn't eat some. Seeing the old man on the porch she walks over towards him till he talked to her, taking her a good few seconds to realize who the 'resident frilly little deathclaw' was. "Oh, you mean Joel? Yeah, he told me you had a gecko problem so I thought I could help with that." She answered him.
Soru

Postby jondude » Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:02 am

Burt just sort of grunts as you confirm your here to help with the Gecko problem. "Figured.", he says simply, before looking you up and down. He seems to think for a moment, looking at his chickens, before looking back to you and sighing. "Well, you wouldn't be my first choice but seem capable enough, and no one else here really has the time to spare. If you can get it done, the caps are yours. But don't come crying to me if end up coming back without any clothes on!", he says gruffly. Thats a fair enough statement to make you guess, still, no reason to be so blunt about it. Then again, Joel did say Burt was your standard grumpy old man so whatever.

"Anyway. The hole is right along the wall there, between my house and the first coop.", Burt explains, pointing to a patch of darker recently turned soil. "We filled in the hole already, but there are some tracks on the other side of the wall you can follow if your any good at tracking. Also, just the standard green variety. Some of them are pretty big though. managed to get one before they all booked it out of here. Decent amount of meat on it. Doesn't make up for all the chickens I lost though...

"That is another thing though. You skin them for the pelts and meant, and take there eggs if you find they're nest. McCraw at the general store will buy them off you.", Burt says. Guess that was that.
jondude

Postby Soru » Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:14 am

Joy had to use her patience as she listened to the old man, though it wasn't too hard as she has dealt with many grumpy old people before. "I'll be careful and I already know the risks." She told him before he told her about the hole. Once he had he told her everything he cared to share she walks over to the hole, her hand on the grip of her 10mm pistol just incase something decided to spring out of that covered hole. She'll check for anything unusual before looking around some more for any clues. "Anything else you can tell me about these geckos? Like what time they usually show up or how many raid the coop at once?" She asked as she looked.
Soru

Postby jondude » Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:34 pm

PER Roll: 3 + 1 = 4(fail)

Going to the hole you don't much of interest. In fact, with how much people must've been walking around when filling in the hole, along with the surviving chickens, you barely make out any gecko tracks. Didn't really seem there was much useful information to be had on this side of the settlement wall. "Doesn't seem to be much of a pattern. You can rarely see them during the day, but most tend to get more active at night. It's how they managed to dig this hole without anyone noticing. So if you find the nest of them then you might be able to get a few of the damn buggers as they sleep. As for the last, and only, time they got in. It was just the two geckos that got inside. But like I said. You can see more of the buggers on the hills in the distance sometimes, running about chasing something or other between the surviving woods.", Burt tells you.
jondude

Postby Soru » Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:24 pm

Joy frowns as she is unable to find any clues around the hole and with all the footprints from other people and the chickens there were barely any gecko tracks to make out. Seems like investigating on this side of the wall wasn't going to get her far. Looking back at Burt she listens to what he had to say to her questions and it seemed that only a couple managed to get in and seemed to only be active during the night so searching for them during the day might be best. "I see...Well I'll look into this then though I might need to wait for tomorrow if I can't go find them today." She told him. "I'll let you know when I take care of the nest." With that she leaves Burt to his chicken coop and decides to head to the general store for now to restock.
Soru

Postby jondude » Sat Mar 17, 2018 4:26 am

"Fair enough missy. Still lot's light left in the day but at the end of the day it's your call... course that means you get paid today either o'course...", Burt says with a shrug before sitting down on a chair on his porch, watching over chicken coop.

Heading over to the General store you find it to be a rather large building for a trader. Granted though this was one of the few stops along the way to Orlando though so you suppose it's really not so surprising that the store was well off. Must get a lot of trade from the caravans that come through! You head inside and immediately your nose is filled with the smell of gun oil, rubber, and ethanol. Inside you find the area in the middle to be large open area with tables filled with knickknacks and toys, though shelves filled with all sorts of random bits of tech and supplies line the walls. At the far end is a counter, with actual intact glass displays were there are meds and ammunition of all kinds on display. Behind the counter is a large racks, lined with a random assortment of guns. A good near three score of them! Next to that is a locker labled: Chems. Further behind that to right however as a small workshop alcove filled with tools, as well as a frame of power armor hanging from a maintenance cradle. It doesn't seem to have all the pieces though.

Before you take more then a few steps into the store though a thin, dirty, but pretty woman pops up from behind the counter near the power armor, her hair an interesting dark blue and in a long pony tail. "Heya miss! I'm McCraw! Looking to trade?", she asks in a rather bubbly voice.
jondude

Postby Soru » Sat Mar 17, 2018 12:52 pm

Walking up to the general store she was rather surprised to see how big it is before she walked inside to be surprised again by the variety of what was on display. This was more than a general store, she thought, this must be the only store in town so it stocks on everything. Typically general stores have mostly ammo, food, supplies, and scrap. This place also had plenty of weapons, armor, chems, and even a power armor frame. It takes her a bit to take it in all as she takes a couple steps in to be suddenly surprised by a woman popping out from behind the counter. Taking a moment to get over her surprise Joy nods and smiles at the bubbly woman as she walks up to her. "Yes, actually. I was hoping to stock up on supplies here before I try to head to Orlando or search for the Gecko nest." She told her as she walked up to the counter. "And of course always wanting to hear any interesting rumors or job offers."
Soru

Postby jondude » Fri Mar 30, 2018 2:16 pm

"Certainly! This is the only store between here and Orlando so we get all sorts of trade here, hence the great selection! Short of any heavy duty pre war military hardware we got just about everything here. What did you need? Ammo I reckon? New gun?", McCraw asks you. When you ask about work though she just hums and taps a dirty finger against her chin, laving a dirty grease mark there amusingly enough. "Well don't have much in the way of things that need doing myself, other then trying to get this power armor fixed. I don't know jack shit about power armor so it's been a slow process. If you know anything though there'd be a cool hundred caps for you if you help get this thing moving though! I can't get the blasted legs to move!", she says.
jondude

Postby Soru » Fri Mar 30, 2018 2:37 pm

"Well I'm going to need ammo; .308 and 10mm rounds for my rifle and pistol. Food and water rations might be good as well. A couple of bobby pins if you have them." She tells McCraw for what she needed before she is asked about the power armor. "Well I have gone around salvaging a lot and have found some power armor frames. Not really sure if I understand any of it myself but maybe I can take a look." Joy said as she walked over to the power armor to take a quick look at it. Even if she couldn't fix it, taking a look wouldn't hurt and if she could then she'll get a nice sum of one hundred caps to help pay for what she needs. If she cant figure it out though she might as McCraw if she knows of maybe a place that may have the information they need.
Soru

Postby jondude » Sun Apr 01, 2018 8:39 pm

INT roll: 5 + 1 = 6(fail)

"We certainly got all of that! 10mm are 1 cap each. 308 are two caps. Dried rations go about 4 caps per day of use, and you can refill your water canteen at the pump outside for only 3 caps. You'll have to give that to the guard though. The caps we make on water go toward trying to fix this place up bit by little bit. Bobby pins are 1 cap too! Got loads and loads of them! Screw drivers are 5 though if you don't have one. Little more rare those." McCraw says.

When you express desire to give a shot at the power armor frame though McCraw waves you in through the gap in the counter. "For sure! No experience necessary! Sometimes all you really need is a fresh pair of eyes to show you something that seems like it should've been obvious.", she says, being optimistic. You head over and spend a good ten minutes looking it over with her, checking some wires and looking at joints, trying to see if a small oversight might be the problem. Try as you might though, it seems the problem might be a little more hidden then that as everything looks like it should be fine. "Eh, no worries. I'll figure it out eventually... probably.", McCraw says. When you ask where might have the information though she's quick to answer. "The old radar array up the hill from here. Guaranteed. I've seen other frames and pieces from scouting the place out. Even got the helmet here from the gatehouse there.", she says, pointing at the T45D helmet attached to the frame. "But uh... one of the deathclaws saw me and well... you know... fucked me up... literally.", she says, her cheeks pink. The next moment though she slams her hand against a counter though. "That why I need to get this frame running though! Then I can actually get in there! Maybe even clear those suckers out! They breed slow but every once in a while one wanders down here and causes problem till either we kill it, or more likely, it goes somewhere else.", she explains.
jondude

Postby Soru » Mon Apr 02, 2018 10:36 pm

Joy didn't have much caps to spare right now so she needed to be careful of what she bought. She still had 35 rounds for her rifle so she's good for now but she decides to buy six rounds for her pistol but decides to hold on to her remaining 30 caps incase she needed them; she already had food and water to last her for a bit and she decided against the screwdriver and bobby pins for now, especially if she could find her own screwdriver while scavenging.

She then takes a look at the power armor frame but she couldn't figure anything out about the problem as everything looked fine to her. So she asks McCraw if she knows of a place that might have the answer to the problem. She is told that there's an old radar array up on a nearby hill that might have power armor frames and pieces there but is told that there is a deathclaw there, and Joy's policy is to stay away from those creatures as much as possible with how dangerous they are. And apparently the deathclaws have been a problem and is the reason McCraw is trying to get the frame working. "I see...well if I somehow end up over there I'll see if I can slip in without the deathclaw noticing. Anyways, I'll get going now."

Leaving the general store she takes stock of her inventory one more time before deciding to go out of the town and check out the wall where the geckos burrowed under. If the sun was going to be up for a while still then she'll look for clues and a trail to follow.
Soru

Postby jondude » Sat Apr 07, 2018 5:17 pm

Updated your inventory a small bit to include the pistol and some starting ammunition. You technically have 66 10mm rounds now.

"Mm. Deathclaws my dear. Very plural.", McCraw warns you. "Still, there is a chance. There are lots of small places you should be able to hide in up there. If your spotted, you might be able to go from hidey hole to hidey hole. Though getting into one of the buildings would be better. They've gotten into a few, but not most should still be safe inside."

That was some good information to have actually. Maybe going to the radar array might not be as suicidal as you thought? Well... it would still be super dangerous, but... well lots of old pre war military bases and installations you've rooted around in have more often then not been connected by underground tunnels. If you can just get inside it was quite likely you could pop up from building to building, which would allow you to bamboozle those death claws right good! Heck if you were really lucky you might just need to get inside one, then get out!

Still, best to focus on the task at hand. You give a farewell to McCraw and head outside, noting the sun to be a fair bit past it's peak so it was probably like 2 or 3 pm right now. You head past Kyle and outside of the wall, and wal along it's edge till you get to the other side of the hole and look around to see what you can find.

PER roll: 16 + 1 = 17(Success! +5 to Encounter roll)
Encounter: 14 + 5 = 19

This time you easily spot some gecko tracks, even though they are half blown over with sand from the wind. You begin to track them back out and away from the settlement and toward the hills, keeping attentive as you do so lest you get ambushed. The odd chicken feather also helps your job. Eventually though you come to small rise and in the distance, about a hundred meters away over a flat stretch, you see two geckos, milling about near a large burrow entrance. One easily large enough to stand in. You get down low in the light green and tanish colored grass, unseen. You'd have quite the advantage from here. Enough time to for at least a few well placed shots before the geckos could close the distance.
jondude

Postby Soru » Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:12 am

Seeing that it was about late afternoon Joy tells herself that she shouldn't be out for too long and quickly checks the time on a pocket watch she found and fixed long ago to verify the time. She'll check it later so she knows when she needs to start heading back. Before she leaving the walls of the town Joy makes sure that her weapons are fully loaded and not prone to jamming on her. Once she made her last preparations she goes outside of the walls and walks along the edge until she found the hole and tracks leading way from it..

Following the tracks away from the settlement she comes across the random chicken feathers which help keep her on the right path. After a bit of time she comes to a small rise and in the distance she can see what looks to be an entrance to a burrow and a couple of geckos roaming outside of it. Going prone she aims her rifle and looks down its sights, aiming at one of the geckos. She wants to make sure she gets a hit with her first shot so she takes her time to aim before pulling the trigger.
Soru

Postby jondude » Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:43 pm

Combat is probably going to be an ever evolving experiment in this this game. Though it might end up similar to my other ones. Also if you want to speed things up feel free to take multiple shots, or try to attack multiple targets. I will just do an extra round of combat for what could reasonably considered an 'action' I guess. I also do intend to keep it relatively simple and light as well.

Other then that, a good point to mention I guess is that I intend for weapons like your rifle to be high damage, but have a significant hit penalty towards it if you are engaged in melee. Your pistol and knife will be fine though, but deal less damage.

Combat!

Joy:-------------------Attacks with Hunting rifle--------19 + 2 = 21 (10 Dam to Green Gecko 1)
Green Gecko 2:-----Rushes to close the gap!

Getting prone in the long grass on the rise you take careful aim, going through your marksmanship principles. Even steady breathing, firmly applying the stock to your shoulder, a slow and steady pull of the trigger. Then finally you find that sweet spot and commit. There is a loud bang as fire, the rifle kicking backwards but easily controlled by your practiced hands. Your hand zips forward across the relatively narrow space in less time then it takes to blink and hits the first gecko right in center mass of the torso. Right where all the important bits are! You see a spray of crimson blood fly from it's back, and quickly the creature slumps forward onto it's belly. If it wasn't dead already it would not be very long till it was.

The second gecko though charges forward right to your position! The things are wicked fast, and it by the time your worked the bolt of your rifle and loaded another round in it had already crossed nearly half the distance! You'd have enough time for one more shot though before it was jumping all over you!

Joy
HP: 12/12
LP: 12/12

Green Gecko 1: 0/10 HP
Green Gecko 2: 10/10 HP
jondude

Postby Soru » Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:52 pm

Alright, all of that sounds good. And I'll probably make multiple actions, or say what she will do if certain things happen which if they don't then they probably won't happen. I think it'll go fine.

Joy watches as her bullet tears a hole through the gecko, killing it in one shot or at the very least dealing a very lethal shot to it and will not be a threat to her now. However she now has the other one to deal with and it was already charging right at her position. She hated the way these things ran; it looked so unnatural and it unnerved her a bit but she is quick to point her rifle at the next gecko as she loads the next bullet in the chamber. The thing has already gotten half way to her by the time she loaded her next shot so she only had time for one more shot from her rifle before it was on her. Quickly aiming she fires the shot and just incase it misses she drops the rifle and pulls out her pistol and fires with it, using both hands on it to help her aim.
Soru

Postby jondude » Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:56 pm

Joy:-------------------Attacks with Hunting rifle--------2 + 2 = 4 (Miss!)
Green Gecko 2:-----Closes the gap!
Joy:-------------------Attacks with 10mm pistol--------1 (Critical fail! Gun jammed. 1 action needed to clear)
Green Gecko 2:-----Leaps!-------------------------------1 (Critical fail! Stunned)

Your next round loaded up you do your best to take aim, but the strange movements of the running gecko are hard to predict and track accurately. It seems to wiggle it's whole body all over as it runs! You take your second shot and the loud clap of thunder fills your ears as the round lances out of your rifle... only to sail right under it's arm and burying itself into the ground with an ineffective puff of sand.

You keep your head in the game though and pull out your pistol quickly, taking rapid aim as the mutant gecko gets within only meters of you. Both hands on the grip you line up a shot and hit the trigger... only to hear an effective clack as the action moves forward only to get stuck. Your pistol had jammed!

Your heart hammering you can only watch as the gecko gets close and leaps toward you, aiming to get you on top of your small rise... only to somehow completely fuck up itself. As it tries to jump the loose sandy ground below it makes it's footing weak, and rather then leap up and at you the ground gives underneath it and it sends a spray of sand behind itself. The result means it's jump is no where near as high as it could be, and as a result it slams it's head into the face of the rocky rise you were on. It falls back on it's scaly ass, dazed and shaking it's head but quickly scrambling back to feet. Still, it's error gave you at least a few seconds to breathe.
jondude

Postby Soru » Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:11 pm

Joy curses as her shot from the rifle misses, and only just barely thanks to this gecko having strange movements as it ran and apparently being lucky as it just went under his arm. Dropping her rifle she pulls out her pistol from the holster and claps both of her hands on the grip, her finger on the trigger. She quickly aims at the gecko that is only meters away from her and fires...only for her pistol to jam on her! "Damn piece of junk!" She yells out before she sees the gecko leap at her and she covers her head with her arms and braces for them impact...that never comes as she hears it hit the rocky rise in front of her.

Moving her arms away she sees that it is stunned and thinks that they must have both got some bad luck going on for them, but she doesn't think about that for more than a couple seconds as she quickly uses the time to pop the jammed bullet out of her gun and fire at the gecko before it could recover.
Soru

Postby jondude » Mon Apr 30, 2018 2:57 am

Joy:-------------------Clears her 10mm Pistol!
Green Gecko 2:-----Stunned!
Joy:-------------------Attacks with 10mm pistol--------17 + 2 = 19 (4 DAM to Green Gecko 2)
Green Gecko 2:-----Swipes!------------------------------13(2 DAM to Jeans, 1 DAM to Joy)

As the over sized gecko shakes it's head it gives you time to unfuck yourself. You pull back the slide of the pistol, let it lock, bang it once and then the weapon to the right. Thankfully that's all it takes as one unfired bullet flings out of the gun. You flick the slide lock again and the it goes forward without issue, loading up the next round. Just in time to as the gecko has recovered is quickly scrambling up the small bluff at you! You open fire without hesitation, a single loud bang filling your ears as you shoot the gecko at point blank range. It hits true, bullet entering it's torso with a spray of blood. The thing however only screeches and keeps moving forward, more intent on getting you then it's own survival it would seem. It swipes one of it's big clawed hands at you, at they find purchase in your thick pants. Tough as they are though the gecko grips in and yanks, jerking you about before you can fire again as your ears now fill with the sound of tearing fabric. When it's all said and done the blasted thing is basically holding your right pant leg, having torn it right from the mid calf! It would be fixable at least but... well it depended on if you could get that pant leg back! Slightly more annoying though are the scratches it leaves on your leg. They aren't bleeding, but they do sting a little.

Joy
HP: 11/12
LP: 12/12
Clothes:
--Durable Jeans: 3/5 HP

Green Gecko 1: 0/10 HP
Green Gecko 2: 6/10 HP
jondude

Postby Soru » Mon Apr 30, 2018 12:57 pm

Joy smiles as she sees the jammed bullet pop out of the gun's barrel and the slide locks back into place with no issue, loading up the next round for her to fire. And not a moment too soon either as the gecko was already scrambling to get at her and with no hesitation she aims and fires the bullet at close range. She sees the red spray of blood as it enters the Gecko's torso and she thought it would recoil but instead to her chock it kept going forward as it seemed more intent on getting her then trying to survive.

Letting out a surprised squeal as the creature grasps onto her pants leg she tries to yank her leg free and line up her next shot but she then hears a rip and stumbles backwards a bit as the gecko had ripped off her right pants leg by the mid calf. She can sew it back together later but she needed to kill this bastard first. With any actual injury to her being minimal she lines up her shot and fires again and tries to get in a second shot right after the first.
Soru

PreviousNext

Return to Private Games