stuck in VR(Urhr93)

Forum for publicly viewable but closed-group role-playing.

stuck in VR(Urhr93)

Postby sogekik » Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:16 am

Urhr93 Wrote:Name: Sae Yoake

Class: Rogue

Race: Human

Apperance:
Spoiler (click to show/hide):

Bio: Daughter of a rich family, Sae grew up without lacking anything and this, coupled with her socially awkward nature, got her a cool and aloof personality and very very few friends, of which even fewer could be considered close. Her live however wasn't arid as during her teens she got introduced to the world of games, turning her first into an avid gamer and later in a pro... and as a pro, how could she miss the last and much acclaimed best VR-MMORPG to be ever released? As such she got everything she needed for the new game, intent on becoming one of the best players here like she was in every other game she played in... too bad she really didn't expect what was to come.

day one had finally come, you'd got the game and you could finally log in, as soon as you got home you got your VR gear on and Dived straight into the game you'd been waiting so long for. you spawned into a small village, there was a large city visible in the distance so that was probably where you where supposed to go, both had a feudal Japanese feel to them, but that was to be expected in this area of the world.
there where several NPCs around the village along with a couple of other players who had clearly either just logged in or who hadn't been playing for long, there didn't seem to be any quest markers or anything similar, so it looked like it was probably up to you for now.
most of the villagers looked like farmers or something similar, there where a couple who looked like hunters, but no warriors at all, not that you could see, looks like they where supposed to depend on the players to defend the village
sogekik

Re: stuck in VR(Urhr93)

Postby Urhr93 » Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:32 am

Yes, it was there! The VR game she had been waiting for was finally here! As soon as she got the game Sae could really no longer bear with her impatience and without losing any more time she wore everything needed and logged into the game, going through the character creation as fast as a careful creation could make her go before finally logging in... and finding out everything inside was even better than what she had expected!

Her eyes shined as she stared around, getting a good look of just about everything, be it the sky, the ground, her own body or that of npc and player in the distance, as well as that town... It was just great! Her expectation for what was to come were growing by the minutes, and as they grew she also took her first step forward towards the town... the first step of a future top player!
Urhr93

Postby sogekik » Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:44 am

you soon found yourself inside the village, but there was still no real sign of quest markers, or actually any UI at all; for all intents and purposes it seemed like you where really here
sogekik

Postby Urhr93 » Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:47 am

The farther she walker the more real this whole world felt, the lack of an UI or any sort of marker belonging to a game making it feel that much more like reality... to the point where she'd really believe to be in the real world if not for her game clothes and the unusual ambience. Still, as real as it appeared to be this was still a game! As such she needed to level up, gear up and everything else, so first thing first would be checking the commands for the stats, inventory and the rest and then try to strike up conversation with some villager, hoping to find some more info about where she was.
Urhr93

Postby sogekik » Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:54 am

while that seemed like a good idea, you couldn't work out how to get the menu up, but maybe one of the NPCs could help, however the first few you talked to, didn't seem to have anything particularly interesting to say
sogekik

Postby Urhr93 » Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:06 am

Unable to make heads or tails of things Sae would continue to chat up the npcs around in hope of more information, keeping the choice of asking the players as a last resort.
Urhr93

Postby sogekik » Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:13 am

most of the NPCs suggest heading towards the city, a couple warn you of threats in the area, goblins and the like; some of the monsters in the game seemed to be generic fantasy, as well as regional monsters too
sogekik

Postby Urhr93 » Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:41 pm

The advices were pretty much all similar, although the info she's got were still better than proceeding without knowing nothing at all... still, there was little to nothing about skills and such, and moreover with the perils of the monsters walking without a weapon and without knowledge about combat didn't seem to be right, so before venturing out the village she'd search for someone knowleadgeable about fighting as well as ways to make money, as without them she doubt she could buy anything at all
Urhr93

Postby sogekik » Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:28 pm

your best bet there was probably the hunters, considering that they where armed at least,
sogekik

Postby Urhr93 » Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:30 pm

After looking around the hunters seemed indeed to be the most qualified peoples to talk about fighting or at least surviving in the forests, and as such she began to ask the villagers about which hunter was the best one... after all if she had to learn something, why not do so from the best?
Urhr93

Postby sogekik » Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:36 pm

you where consistently pointed to the same man, who was stood near a watch tower at the edge of the village
sogekik

Postby Urhr93 » Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:03 pm

Sae thanked the villager that helped her and then walked towards the watchtower, intent on approaching the hunter she was pointed to.
Urhr93

Postby sogekik » Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:19 pm

he looks at you as you come over " what do you want outside?" he asks as you approach him
sogekik

Postby Urhr93 » Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:45 pm

As she approached him and heard his words she tried to keep her speech humble as she spoke back <I seek to travel the world, yet i heard about the dangers of this world. As such i'd like to learn about fighting and surviving out there, so i was pointed here after asking around about the best hunter>
Urhr93

Postby sogekik » Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:39 pm

he nods " that would be me," he agrees with a nod "so what specifically do you want to know?" he asks you curiously
sogekik

Postby Urhr93 » Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:48 pm

Sae nodded as he recognized himself as the best, not showing it outward yet belittling him a bit in her mind for his lack of modesty... well, it wasn't her problem anyway, so she just continued <As i said, i'd like for you to teach me about surviving out there, be it fighting or best practices when out in the wild>
Urhr93

Postby sogekik » Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:00 pm

" I don't have time for all of that, I have a village to feed after all, but i can give you some advice" he tells you, he start to share some information about hunting, and the wilds in general with you
sogekik

Postby Urhr93 » Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:14 pm

His words made her somewhat disgruntled, though she endured her irritation and smiled as she answered <Advice? Sure, tell me> before starting to listen in earnest to whatever was said, talking again only after he was done <Thank you for everything, now... just one last thing. Going out in the woods without a weapon wouldn't be wise, but to get a weapon or even food i need money. Do you know a place i could buy something to defend myself with as well as a place to earn what i need to live?>
Urhr93

Postby sogekik » Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:38 pm

" if you ask one of the women, I'm sure they could find you something to do, " he tells you " as for a weapon the general store might well have something for you" he tells you.
sogekik

Postby Urhr93 » Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:48 pm

<Thank you> Sae would make a slight bow with her head as she thanked him, afterwards adding <Before i go, who should i ask for to get the best paying job? I need to get started as soon as possible you see> and indeed follow his indication once he pointed her wherever he knew, or just asking around if he didn't give a satisfying answer.
Urhr93

Next

Return to Private Games