Dungeons of the Kragmor Plains(Devilbird)

Forum for publicly viewable but closed-group role-playing.

Re: Dungeons of the Kragmor Plains(Devilbird)

Postby Sallin_Kari » Fri Apr 03, 2020 1:15 am

Roll 26
She recoils as if struck. Your words bite deep, directly at her anxieties but she replies by revealing what is holding her back, "What if decision kill tribe? How can me show face to ancestors if me be the one to kill tribe? Me not want be grand mother but me only female so me have to."The weight of the responsibilities of everyone's life have been crushing her for who knows how long, and she clearly blames the state of tribe on her own incompetence, which leads to fear of making things worse.
Random person in the comments section of a random hentai manga- "Now I am ashamed of myself."
Me- "Posh, shame is for fools and people with friends... we need no such things, we have the internet."
Sallin_Kari

Postby devilbird » Tue Apr 14, 2020 12:44 am

"Which would they respect more?" I say sternly, "Leading them down a path that you know will kill them? Or taking a chance on something that might save them? I'm sure they'd prefer you go down doing everything in your power to survive, rather than cower and hope."

I know that I am trying to gain my own freedom, but I'm not unsympathetic either. I place a hand on her shoulder and say, "Look, I can't promise I will get anyone to listen, but I can at least run supplies myself if that's the case. And I do know some people that might be able to help me get word out. Surely there has to be some adventurers that would like easier access through this place. That might be the angle we need to pull this off."
devilbird

Postby Sallin_Kari » Tue Apr 14, 2020 5:59 am

She seems to take comfort in the idea that you will personally be running supplies. "What you bring?" She asks with a hopeful tone.
Random person in the comments section of a random hentai manga- "Now I am ashamed of myself."
Me- "Posh, shame is for fools and people with friends... we need no such things, we have the internet."
Sallin_Kari

Postby devilbird » Sun Apr 26, 2020 8:07 pm

I think about what the tribe actually needs, and what I might be able to bring. It's going to be difficult, managing my resources with what I need to pay to Kalia to get a base of operations set up, along with actual adventuring supplies if I am to continue my research. I may need to think about a second job if my delves into the dungeon keep failing the way they have.

"I believe the first thing we will need to get your tribe is food and water," I reply, "Enough to get everyone's strength up and to make sure you have a stockpile in an emergency. I don't know if it's possible, but we should also look into ways that you can supply yourselves without dungeon intervention. That way, if something happens to me or the supply line, you aren't left to die."

I wonder if Kalia has anything that can supply artificial sun light, or a book on subterranean plants. Something that they can start growing crops without having to worry about being blessed by the dungeon. One more thing to go into debt over, I suppose.

"After we have made sure your people won't die of starvation, the next thing we should focus on is building supplies. Something sturdier than tents," I ponder out loud, "We will also need to get communication tools so that you can make contact with adventurers and supply runners. Both to keep your tribe going, and to keep your end of the deal. If we can get a few more of these attunement stones set up, then we can force a reliable path for supplies to get to you. That will need to be a priority, as well as finding ways to guard those paths for safe travel. Without them, we may never see each other again."
devilbird

Postby Sallin_Kari » Mon Apr 27, 2020 12:06 am

"Water have," She leads you to a small pool...? Looking at it careful there is clearly currents underneath the surface possibly an aqueduct system that the dungeon uses to supply the various monsters water? Probably death if you get pulled away by the currents though. As for the farming idea, you are aware that wizards do have a couple of methods to supply light as many have small herb gardens for various rare but important to their research. Your master had a sun stone for his growing of phoenix blossoms that normally only grow in extreme desert environments.

She cocks her head at the mention of attunement stones, clearly not knowing what you mean, but already struggling to keep up with your list that she's glossing over it.
Sallin_Kari

Postby devilbird » Wed May 13, 2020 1:33 am

I take note of the water system. It wouldn't be a bad idea to expand the water out into channels for irrigation. That way crops can be watered with ease and little manpower. Something else to do would make a channel for the water that leads to a large pool with no outlet to make a reservoir. If the dungeon really is constricting resources based on the bugbear's performance, than I didn't want to risk them getting cut off after aiding adventurers. Storing up water would be essential for taking their lives back. I smile wryly when I realize what I'm doing. When I signed on to become a wizard's apprentice, I didn't think agriculture was going to play as large a part as it is.
Last edited by devilbird on Wed May 13, 2020 2:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
devilbird

Postby Sallin_Kari » Wed May 13, 2020 1:59 am

Ruminating back on your teachings you remember how the old man retort to you complaining about the relevance of a task by saying "You never know when a skill or piece of knowledge will be useful. The more you know the more options you have." The truth of that statement is really ringing true here. One issue you are facing is the shaping of stone. While they clearly have the strength to do it, they need tools and probably someone to explain to them how to, if not actually supervise them during the construction. And there is still the issue of getting soil down here.
Sallin_Kari

Postby devilbird » Wed May 13, 2020 2:11 am

Soil is going to be the bigger issue. That's going to require multiple trips to the surface. There will practically have to be a crew of people willing to move dirt down here. That will be expensive, and so far the dungeon hasn't been providing the riches promised, as far as I've seen. It's been far more plentiful with tragedy and danger, to be perfectly honest. As for digging the ditches needed to supply water and reserves, I have a second option that may be quicker, but will still be costly. I could always use the ritual I know to summon an earth elemental. It should make short work of the stone in the area, and with little need for tools. What I would need, however, is gems to pay it in. I look down to see myself wealthy only in rags and the in the life I am carrying. I would need to actually win a fight for once if I were to go that route.

I turn to Kalre, realizing that I still have other things I need to take stock on. I ask her, "What tools do you have? Surely you had something to help you build the cage you put me in, and the tents you sleep in."
devilbird

Postby Sallin_Kari » Wed May 13, 2020 2:33 am

With the money you need to acquire a home base of your own and the gems for an earth elemental, you've got quite a bit of cash to earn.

She rolls the world 'tool' around in her mouth for a while before presenting you with several knives and stone hammers, "Dungeon give things. Shape with these."
Sallin_Kari

Previous

Return to Private Games