Dungeons of the Kragmor Plains(Devilbird)

Forum for publicly viewable but closed-group role-playing.

Re: Dungeons of the Kragmor Plains(Devilbird)

Postby Sallin_Kari » Sat Aug 10, 2019 10:22 pm

He nods. While he does appreciate such pieces of art, pragmatism over ways it. At this point supplies are much more important.
Random person in the comments section of a random hentai manga- "Now I am ashamed of myself."
Me- "Posh, shame is for fools and people with friends... we need no such things, we have the internet."
Sallin_Kari

Postby devilbird » Sun Aug 11, 2019 12:42 am

I take the plate and thank him for his aid. When he is ready, I will send him off then make my own way to the surface with the plate. I needed as many potions and rations as I could afford with this.
devilbird

Postby Sallin_Kari » Sun Aug 11, 2019 3:00 am

After a moments hesitation he heads out for his mission leaving you to turn for town. Immediately after reaching the surface, you beeline it for the general store, which serves as a pawn shop. After some haggling you and the owner settle on 300 gold for the piece. You mind instantly flips to your debt to Willow and how much you'd have left over. Pausing for a moment you remember that you can't pay her back yet, regardless. Still, health potions cost 25 gold, and you can get 1 days of rations, prepacked, for a single gold, or three days for one if you don't care about taste or packing it yourself. So you have plenty of wiggle room in case you want to get something more.
Random person in the comments section of a random hentai manga- "Now I am ashamed of myself."
Me- "Posh, shame is for fools and people with friends... we need no such things, we have the internet."
Sallin_Kari

Postby devilbird » Sun Aug 18, 2019 6:13 pm

I spend 100 gold to get four health potions. One for me and three for the wolf man. That way I can at least keep myself safe as I travel in the dungeon to deliver supplies. I also buy myself six days of rations. I'm not picky right now, so anything is good. I'm not sure what else would be useful to me right now, though, so I hold off on spending more. Better not to waste it on something frivolous, then need it for something important later. So for now, I hide the rest of the money away in my room at the inn.
devilbird

Postby Sallin_Kari » Sun Aug 18, 2019 6:23 pm

You quickly get what you need, though as you opted for the cheap rations, you got a pile of jerky and trail biscuits so you spend some time packing them so they won't wander or get crumbled. By the time you're finished, the sun is starting to set. Considering how long the day is, you could hit the hay... but on the other hand, every minute spent could help. Barris might be a good place to start looking if you have at least a basic idea or plan in your head.
Sallin_Kari

Postby devilbird » Mon Sep 02, 2019 8:17 am

Unfortunately I have no real plans other than supporting the creature in the dungeon. Perhaps even just killing time by getting stronger. Still, I would probably need to start thinking of something to deal with the creatures that took Willow, as I would be delving into their den. I would need to be able to quickly subdue their warriors. A trap of some sort? Maybe I could get advice at the tavern on how to go about safely rescuing someone from the monsters of the dungeon.
devilbird

Postby Sallin_Kari » Tue Sep 03, 2019 5:41 am

Roll 7
As it turns out very few people that disappear into the dungeon are ever even seen again, much more rescued. Meaning that the only advice you get is, "Write 'em off as dead." Still as you are lamenting, Barris comes by offering you a mug, "Hear ya asking around about how to rescue Willow." You can't help but give him a shocked look, "Don't be so surprised lass, you went out with her, returned without her. Who else could it be?"
Sallin_Kari

Postby devilbird » Sat Sep 21, 2019 8:06 pm

I looked up at the barkeep with the effects of frustration clear on my face. Not so much frustration at him, but at the day I have had. So many people callous about the loss of my friend, and none of which were even trying to be helpful. I groaned and held my head in my hands, "They keep telling me to let her go. But I'm not asking how to rescue her, as I already have a plan and have found someone to help. What I need is idea's on how to do it as safely as possible."
devilbird

Postby Sallin_Kari » Sat Sep 21, 2019 8:09 pm

After a long moment, he sits down across from you, "Then lay it on me... Can't answer how until I know details."
Sallin_Kari

Postby devilbird » Sat Sep 21, 2019 8:20 pm

I regale him with the tale of the ambush. How the creatures had some magic portal in a pit trap that allowed them to rush in and grab people that had fallen in. We were out numbered, and looking to both fall, so she sent me away. When I came back, she was gone. Likely taken through the portal. While trying to find my way to her, I came across a creature that the dungeon had stolen from a foreign land. It offered to help me, as it was capable of delving deeper into the dungeon than I was, and knew how to get into the areas that adventurers never see. I was planning on raiding the lair of the creatures, but needed a way to do so without getting myself captured or killed.
devilbird

Postby Sallin_Kari » Sun Sep 22, 2019 2:32 am

He listens carefully before pausing for a long moment to consider what you said, before finally responding, "From my reckonin' ya have three major approaches. First, negotiate. Second, infiltrate. Third, assault. For negotiating, there're a lot of conditions. Foremost, you have to actually be sure you can communicate... With it... tends ta fall apart fast. Still you also need to have something valuable to them, and worth trading. If ya don't have something 'nd know what they want ahead of time, forget this option. Infiltration's probably the best bet if ya're prepared. I'd recommend making a distraction, drawing as many guards as you can away. After that you simply need to quietly subdue who ever is in the way, free Willow and get out before those drawn away realize ya're there. Assault. Nice simple. Strike 'em hard. Strike 'em fast, 'nd get out before they've figured what happened. Requires ya know exactly where Willow is to be effective. Longer ya're there, the more likely ya'll get knocked down."
Sallin_Kari

Postby devilbird » Mon Oct 07, 2019 8:33 pm

"I think I agree," I replied, considering the options carefully, "We didn't do well against them when it was all of us versus a few of them, so I doubt I'd be able to handle a whole camp. And trying to negotiate without being able to show enough force to even incentive them to listen, even if I could speak to them, would likely just leave me getting captured and them taking whatever I have to offer."

I got up from my table and offered some coins for the drink. I smiled for the first time since the capture and said, "Thanks Barris. I think I have an idea of how to do this."

I made my way back to the potion shop as my first stop. I checked to see if they had any grenades that could cause fire or smoke.
devilbird

Postby Sallin_Kari » Mon Oct 07, 2019 10:49 pm

"Any time lass... Make sure to come back with Willow," He nods.

Bombs are fifty gold a piece, but alchemist's fire and smoke pots are twenty gold a piece.
Sallin_Kari

Postby devilbird » Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:06 am

For now, I would buy two of each of the smoke pots and alchemist's fire. Those creatures had weapons, so I assume they have shelters. If I can use a fire as a distraction, then maybe I can get in during the chaos, find Willow, and get out. I could also use the smoke pots to help get away if I am at risk of getting spotted. I think a bit further on it, and buy one more vial of alchemist's fire, specifically for if I get into a fight. I don't want them grouping up on me again, so that should help disperse them. Once I do that, I consider my options on what to do next.

Not thinking of anything else that I can get right now to prepare, I get ready to head back into the dungeon. Or at least, that was the plan when I stumble a bit. It is then that I realize how tired I am. I don't like that I am waiting longer to help, but I need to make sure I am at the top of my game for this. If I let myself have any disadvantages at all, then I will surely get captured along with Willow. I reluctantly head back to the inn, and up to my room. I would set out first thing in the morning.

Spoiler (click to show/hide):

Anything else that would come to mind for the character to look into? Or should I head back into the dungeon?
devilbird

Postby Sallin_Kari » Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:37 am

You return to Barris and pay for the room. The guilt for leaving her in there is killing you... Hell, it's not just you, but the werewolf and Cikuma as well. Still, you knew better then to run in there while you're so tired. It lowers the chance of success. You'll just sleep for a few hours and head in, you figure. As soon as your head hits the pillow sleep takes you.

~~~

~~~~~

~~~
Perspective change Elisa->Willow
The rest of the day and night goes pleasantly enough, considering the situation. You even get served freshly cooked meat, though it is clear they didn't use any spices, doing little more then grilling it over an open flame. Still, considering the hungry eyes that follow the pieces of meat as they were brought to you, you suspect that you're being treated better then some of the clan members.

Regardless, you birthed one child for them, and was bred again just before bed, and by morning your belly is once again swollen. Only a little while after you awoken Kalre came with your breakfast, more meat, which suddenly smelt so much more delicious then yesterday, as it feels like you haven't eaten in a week.
Sallin_Kari

Postby devilbird » Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:42 pm

I leaned up slowly, a difficult task with my swollen belly. But at least I had food to motivate me past my struggle. I frowned as I saw the faces, and tried to pick off a few pieces to share, though I knew there wasn't nearly enough to go around. After splitting what I felt I could spare, I dug into my own portion, and happily let it fill me up as much as it could. I probably couldn't do this too often, given needing to eat for the babies, but it didn't hurt to be kind every now and then. I may be their prisoner, but I am not cruel.

I try to not let Kalre see me share anything, as I am unsure how she will take me not keeping my strength up. Still, I thank her for the food and look around for bit. "Your people need help," I say as casually as possible, "Do you think the dungeon is really is going to be enough to provide for you?"
devilbird

Postby Sallin_Kari » Sat Oct 19, 2019 2:11 am

They hungrily snap up the food when offered, in fact the other guard nearly attacked the first one you handed the meat to until you offered him another piece. Still, you could only do that for dinner as Kalre's watchful eye during breakfast prevented you from doing so. "Dungeon can. Provide for many many orcs. Will is question."
Sallin_Kari

Postby devilbird » Tue Nov 05, 2019 11:31 pm

"It seems rather unreliable," I said non-nonchalantly, "Wouldn't it be better to get out of the thumb of such an oppressive thing? Certainly your people can't be happy like this."

I took a bite of meat, needing to at least eat something to keep myself going. I worried that I handed out too much, but I had to do something. As I chewed up a small mouthful, I looked at Kalre. I didn't hate the woman, given the though decisions she needed to make, but this wasn't exactly pleasant for me. I continued my efforts to strike a deal, playing the angles until I could find one that she couldn't argue.
devilbird

Postby Sallin_Kari » Wed Nov 06, 2019 1:46 am

Diplomacy Roll 26 Progress
There is a long pause before she answers, "Why humen help us? You offer much, but me not believe humen will help. We turn back on Dungeon, and humen turn back on us, we die. We not turn back on Dungeon we live. Harsh, yes. But can trust Dungeon."

Your hunger certainly agrees with the possibility that you gave too much away. Not that you could do anything about it at this point.
Sallin_Kari

Postby devilbird » Sun Nov 17, 2019 3:53 am

"Really? If find it far easier to trust a deal when you have something the other person needs, over the arcane whims of some faceless entity. Even if you think that humans would betray you, you have knowledge of this dungeon that they could use. Rather difficult to steal a service, and they won't be likely to break their deal while you have that card in your hands," I muse out loud as I set the bones from my meal on the ground. I didn't really have anywhere else to put them. I gaze about as I speak, studying the lair I found myself in. If a deal couldn't be made, I intended to get out of here some other way. When I turned to Kalre once more, I said, "And can you say for sure that the dungeon will always look out for you if you do what it asks? It seems like it has far more control over you than you it."
devilbird

PreviousNext

Return to Private Games