Dungeons of the Kragmor Plains(Devilbird)

Forum for publicly viewable but closed-group role-playing.

Re: Dungeons of the Kragmor Plains(Devilbird)

Postby Sallin_Kari » Thu Jun 06, 2019 2:07 am

You back away and continue down the way you came.
Encounter roll 2
Finding another path you continue on in search of treasure.
Awareness roll 14
"Ho- BACK!" Elisa suddenly calls out, panic quickly filling her voice.
Reaction time 6
You are too slow to react to her warning, and suddenly the floor below you drops away, and you hit a steep slope, sliding unstoppablely down it.
Finesse roll 8 Minor Failure, Moderate injury
You land disgracefully, and sprain you ankle. Looking around it appears to be a stone pit, approximately 10 meters cube, though the side behind you is sloped at about a 60 degree angle. All the walls are exceptionally smooth.
Random person in the comments section of a random hentai manga- "Now I am ashamed of myself."
Me- "Posh, shame is for fools and people with friends... we need no such things, we have the internet."
Sallin_Kari

Postby devilbird » Thu Jun 06, 2019 2:53 am

After successfully avoiding the orcs, we find a separate path. I'm glad that we are able to avoid a difficult fight that may dwindle our resources. However, I am quickly punished for attempting to take the easy route. As we walk along, we hear a click. Elisa is quick to call out, but I am not so quick to react. The ground gives way and I tumble down into a sloped pit. I collapse at the bottom, and can feel pain shooting through my leg. I wince in pain. My ankle is sprained, but at least it isn't broken. Still, the injury isn't going to make climbing back up that slope any easier, or any more pleasant. I look around the bottom of the pit, both to see if there is anything I can use, and anything I should be wary of, before I attempt to climb my way back out.
devilbird

Postby Sallin_Kari » Thu Jun 06, 2019 3:04 am

Kal Kul, being able to fly, floats on down to you to see if you are okay. As you look around you notice strange shapes on the opposing wall forming a circle in the otherwise flat, featureless wall, but otherwise there is nothing down here... even dust. Elisa is yelling out, "Are you okay?! Hold on, I'm going to tie a rope around Chikuma and throw it down there!"
Random person in the comments section of a random hentai manga- "Now I am ashamed of myself."
Me- "Posh, shame is for fools and people with friends... we need no such things, we have the internet."
Sallin_Kari

Postby devilbird » Thu Jun 06, 2019 3:47 am

I let them know that I am alright, though I have managed to hurt my ankle. While I wait for the rope, I try to get a better look at the strange shapes. A trap is a strange place to hide such features, so it may be worth examining as I await my rescue.
devilbird

Postby Sallin_Kari » Thu Jun 06, 2019 3:56 am

As you get closer you realize your mistake. They're summoning runes, and with a surge of magic, a monster is summoned. It's bipedal, but covered in short brown fur that is longer on its head. It's clawed hand hold a crude stick with a bit of metal stabbed into it, fashioning a makeshift axe. It lets out a growl as it sees you, taking a swing that you luckily step back out of the way of.
Spoiler (click to show/hide):

It's a bugbear, but I figured they're not quite common enough that Willow would recognize them on sight.
Sallin_Kari

Postby devilbird » Thu Jun 06, 2019 4:54 am

It doesn't take long for my curiosity to land me in hot water. And I honestly feel a little stupid for falling for it. Of course the mysterious symbols in the trap is going to be part of the trap. I need to be more cautious in the future. In the meantime, I have a monster staring me down. It looks a little familiar, but I am unable to place my finger on it. Of course, an analysis would have to wait until I was no longer in danger. Without missing a beat, I attempt to rock dart it to death. I am injured and slowed, while being trapped alone with it. If I don't kill it quickly, it can easily overpower me.
devilbird

Postby Sallin_Kari » Thu Jun 06, 2019 5:10 am

Your spray of darts is less accurate than you would have liked, one barely hitting at all, though one also strikes him in the jaw. He isn't amused by that though, and lunges forward, swinging his weapon at you, slicing through into you collarbone, before Kal Kul zips forward, firing her spray of blinding fairy dust directly into the creature's eyes, causing it to yell out and stagger back in surprise.

Up above you, there are low noises, though you can't make out what it is.

Willow casts Bugbear: 16 3 stone dart- 18, 22, 25: 1 Solid Blow, 1 Blow, 1 Grazing Hit
Bugbear attack Willow: 18 Accurate Hit, 15 Blow
Kal Kul dazzles Bugbear: 22 Success

Bugbear: 1 Serious Injury, 1 Moderate Injury, 1 Minor Injury, Dazzled(3 turns, -5 to attack)
Kal Kul: Unharm
Willow: 1 Serious Injury, 1 Moderate Injury
Sallin_Kari

Postby devilbird » Thu Jun 06, 2019 5:33 am

I cry out in pain as his weapon slices into me. I'm going to die at this rate. But then Kal Kul defends me and blasts the monster in the eyes. I try to limp my way to a different spot so that it can't just strike where I was. After a few steps, I try to blast him at point blank range with my darts again. Hopefully, this will end it, because I don't think I can take another hit like that.

Above me sounds out some sort of commotion, but I am unable to identify it. Whatever is going on will have to wait until my enemy is dead.
devilbird

Postby Sallin_Kari » Thu Jun 06, 2019 5:53 am

The creature takes a wild swing that misses completely, opening it up for your to fire another volley. You manage to land three, but your ankle is causing you problems and throws off your aim for one of them. Kal Kul is doing what she can to bring the creature down, but her power is just too little.

Above you, however, you hear the distinctive clash of steel and a groan of pain.

Willow casts Bugbear: 21 4 stone dart- 17, 23, 20, 23: 3 Blow, 1 Grazing Hit
Bugbear attacks Willow: 5 Miss
Kal Kul Feyfire Bugbear: 16 Minor Injury

Bugbear: 1 Serious Injury, 4 Moderate Injury, 3 Minor Injury, Dazzled(2 turns, -5 to attack)
Kal Kul: Unharmed
Sallin_Kari

Postby devilbird » Thu Jun 06, 2019 6:00 am

Hearing the sounds of what I now assume is fighting above me, I begin to grow worried about what is happening to Elisa and Cikuma. Granted, I feel that between the two of them, they are safer than Kal Kul and I down here. However, that does little to ease my worries as Cikuma was still regenerating, and this dungeon has proven surprisingly brutal. Kal Kul is doing little damage to my opponent, so I thank her for impairing him, and order her to aid the others top side. With any luck, she can help beat back what ever ambushed us up there. In the meantime, I continue my stony assault on the creature that spawned down here with me. I may be trapped if the others are defeated, but that won't matter if I am as well.
devilbird

Postby Sallin_Kari » Thu Jun 06, 2019 6:12 am

While the creature isn't any more accurate, his wild flaying is making it hard to land any proper hits. The fight above doesn't seem to be going well, and soon you hear a loud but short scream from Elisa. Then you hear something sliding across the the stones. You quickly spot Elisa sliding down, managing to keep her footing, before landing in a roll, stopping by the far end of the room. As she gets back up it is clear that she's been hit a few times up there.

Willow casts Bugbear: 20 4 stone dart- 20, 17, 18, 19: 1 Blow, 3 Grazing Hit
Bugbear attacks Willow: 8 Miss
Kal Kul Feyfire Bugbear: 14 Unaffected
Roll for the battle above 3... Terrible
Elisa finesse roll 25, success.

Bugbear: 1 Serious Injury, 5 Moderate Injury, 6 Minor Injury, Dazzled(1 turns, -5 to attack)
Elisa: 2 Moderate Injuries
Sallin_Kari

Postby devilbird » Thu Jun 06, 2019 6:32 am

As I fail again to do any significant damage, I note that the topside fight sounds to be going just as poorly. Something happens up there, and I see Elisa come sliding down. I do my best to move to make sure that she doesn't slide into me before peppering the monster with more shots.

"Are you alright?!" I question frantically, "What's going on up there?"

I worry about Cikuma and Kal Kul. If things are going so poorly that Elisa was pushed back, then we may be in more danger than I initially thought.
devilbird

Postby Sallin_Kari » Thu Jun 06, 2019 6:52 am

You darts finally nail the creature and it slumps to the ground, losing too much blood to fight back, and is on the verge of death. "Oh fuck! There's one down here," She calls out, "Well, as I was trying to get the rope out, about six of these ugly fuckers just appeared out the walls, and I was pinned between them and the pit."

Willow casts Bugbear: 21 4 stone dart- 24, 19, 20, 23: 3 Blow, 1 Grazing Hit

Bugbear: Dying(Roll Physique every turn or die.)
Elisa: 2 Moderate Injuries
Sallin_Kari

Postby devilbird » Thu Jun 06, 2019 7:21 am

I rejoice in managing to drop one, when I hear that there are six more blocking our exit, my heart sinks. While they aren't the minotaur, they are still fairly tough, and likely are worse in groups. My mind races as I try to figure a way out. We could try to regroup in the pit, but that just means they could wait us out. Even if they decided to fight our full force, they we would still be stuck if we won. Instead, it would be better to get out as quickly as possible, and regroup up there. My leg is still injured, but I can at least try to help Elisa escape. I shoot my darts at the incline. If they imbed, then that creates some stepping stones. If not, then I might at least chip away some hand holds for her.
devilbird

Postby Sallin_Kari » Thu Jun 06, 2019 7:31 am

Roll 6 Minor Failure.
Unfortunately the dungeon stone is much harder than your rock darts, which shatter on impact, only creating small cracks on the ramp. As you attempt to make a path, the creatures start lobbing some strange glass orbs down the incline. As they slam into the ground, and shatter into pieces, they release a thick, sweet cloud of dust, and you immediately feel your body heat up with the now familiar feeling of arousal.

Bugbear survival roll 18 Success.
Sallin_Kari

Postby devilbird » Thu Jun 06, 2019 7:56 am

When they start lobbing aphrodisiacs, I realize that we are running out of time to escape. If we wait here any longer, we may end up throwing ourselves at them just to ease the warmth spreading through our bodies. Also, if they are trying to finish us off, then that means the others must have been defeated. Our only chance is to run. Not wanting Elisa to pay for my mistakes, I hobble over to the other wall and offer to boost her out. Hopefully my good leg is strong enough to carry her weight. Then she can hopefully pull me out with the rope.

aphrodisiacs changed the game plan. Going with your idea after all
devilbird

Postby Sallin_Kari » Thu Jun 06, 2019 8:11 am

You attempt to boost her, but she is too heavy for you... or to be more accurately you are too weak, as her foot forces your fingers apart. However, she reacts quickly, runs up the wall for a couple of seconds, and managed to catch the far edge, but she still needs to pull herself up before she's free. The creatures are clearly unhappy with this and after a bit of growling and yelling, they begin to throw the orbs at Elisa... Poorly. One sails well past her and down the dungeon, while another crashes not far above your own head.

Physique Roll 3 Failure
Finesse Save 26 Success
Physique 15
Focus Save Willow 20 Resist
Focus Save Kal Kul 18 Warmth
Focus Save Elisa 14 Mild Arousal

Willow: Unaffected
Kal Kul: Warm
Elisa: Mildly Aroused.
Sallin_Kari

Postby devilbird » Thu Jun 06, 2019 8:02 pm

I duck as the globe shatters over head. I can't do much more to help her climb out, but I can still provide Elisa some cover, hopefully. I stand ready, and wait for one of the creatures to come into view over the incline. The second I see one, I let out a volley of stone darts. With luck, I can catch it off guard and kill one. Otherwise, I might at least force them to stay back. If they have to lob those orbs from farther away, it might make it more difficult to be accurate.
devilbird

Postby Sallin_Kari » Fri Jun 07, 2019 3:00 am

Unfortunately, your shots don't seem to be very effective, either in damage, numbers, or distracting them, as they just ignore your attacks. Fortunately, their accuracy doesn't improve. To make matters better, Elisa manages to swing to the side and get one of her heels over the ledge, and is positioned to escape if she can manage to pull herself all the way.

Distraction Roll 3
Willow casts Bugbear: 11 2 stone darts- 15, 15: 2 Grazing hits
Elisa Physique check 19: Progress
Bugbears attack Elisa: 7 Miss
Focus Save Willow: 20 Resist
Focus Save Kal Kul: 25 Resist
Focus Save Elisa:14+5(Above smoke) 19 Warmth

Willow: Unaffected
Kal Kul: Warm(if no arousal in 1 turn, becomes Unaffected)
Elisa: Mildly Aroused.
Bugbear 1: 2 minor injuries
Sallin_Kari

Postby devilbird » Sat Jun 08, 2019 3:25 am

"Kal! If you're still alright, don't worry about damage. Just focus on blinding as many as possible. Bonus points if you can do it as close to the ledge as possible!" I shout.

I keep my arms ready, and wait for the next one to come into sight. With any luck, Kal Kul's dazzles may force one of them to fall into the pit with me, where I can dart them while they are down. It wasn't ideal, but it would be a way of picking them off, one by one. And if I wasn't able to draw one in with me, then we could still focus on making them less accurate, and thus easier to retaliate against.
devilbird

PreviousNext

Return to Private Games