Dungeons of the Kragmor Plains(Devilbird)

Forum for publicly viewable but closed-group role-playing.

Re: Dungeons of the Kragmor Plains(Devilbird)

Postby Sallin_Kari » Wed Jan 30, 2019 6:55 am

"No, I have nothing for you now, darling. Unfortunately, I won't be able to examine the samples in detail until I close the shop, 'less the adventurers get uppity. I'll also inquire about places for your planned homebase tonight, so you may wish to stop by tomorrow, though if anything urgent comes up I will send a message. In the mean time, go and take the day off, or perhaps grind for money... or make contacts."
Random person in the comments section of a random hentai manga- "Now I am ashamed of myself."
Me- "Posh, shame is for fools and people with friends... we need no such things, we have the internet."
Sallin_Kari

Postby devilbird » Wed Jan 30, 2019 7:05 am

"Very well. Then I shall see myself out."

With that, I leave the shop and out into the street. With no real personal goal for the day, I decide to search for Elisa. She's got various things going on as well. While I won't pry into her affairs, I will offer to help with them if I can. It seems proper to repay her for all the help she has given me thus far. Furthermore, it might be a decent apology for her own treatment at Kalia's hands. Though the first thing to do would be finding her. I head back to the inn so that I could ask Barris if she had returned.
devilbird

Postby Sallin_Kari » Thu Jan 31, 2019 7:19 pm

"Have a good day, darling," She says, giving you a nod as her hands still are at work.

As you are heading back to the tavern, you think you spot Elisa. She's talking with a merchant in the side loading dock of the general store, and it looks like she's distressed and is begging, but the merchant isn't budging, though it looks like it is more that his hands are tied than any sort of apathy to Elisa's plight.
Random person in the comments section of a random hentai manga- "Now I am ashamed of myself."
Me- "Posh, shame is for fools and people with friends... we need no such things, we have the internet."
Sallin_Kari

Postby devilbird » Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:18 pm

I see Elisa, and am grateful for the trip it spared me. However, it looks like things aren't working out for her at the general store. I wander over and see if there is anything I can do to help.
devilbird

Postby Sallin_Kari » Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:22 pm

You get about half way to her before she notices you and the conversation between the two stops. As you get closer she sighs, "Hey... I see you," She gestures to your belly, "... solved your problem. Did things work out with the potion lady?"
Sallin_Kari

Postby devilbird » Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:30 pm

"Well, I've finished my tasks and am fully recovered, so there's that." I reply, "And I don't need to talk to her again until tomorrow, so that's a plus. How about you, is everything going alright?"
devilbird

Postby Sallin_Kari » Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:33 pm

She gives a wry smile at your indication that you don't like talking to her and states, "Yeah... she does strike me as kind of rude."

Her smile, even bitter as it was, disappears at your next question, "Well, I don't have enough money for something I need... and I'm trying to figure out what to do..."
Sallin_Kari

Postby devilbird » Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:54 pm

"Well what do you need? Maybe I can help?" I offer since I got paid for those sample, "Last I checked, we were still in this together. Besides, I feel I owe you for asking you to deal with Kalia on my behalf."
devilbird

Postby Sallin_Kari » Fri Feb 01, 2019 12:16 am

She hesitates before finally relenting, bowing her head to you admitting, "I need 250 gold..." She quickly follows it up with a promise, "I'll pay back as soon as we get something to sell from the dungeon."
Sallin_Kari

Postby devilbird » Fri Feb 01, 2019 12:25 am

I cringe when I hear the price of this mystery item, but I don't shrink away from it. These were more the prices I was expecting this town to have in light of the dungeon being such a big source of income. Still, it is a hefty price when I need to be saving up money for a starting lair. But Elisa says that she'll pay me back. I agree and count out my coin so we can buy what ever it is she needs. My curiosity on what it is has also been piqued, but I trust her to not buy anything frivolous when we are short on funds, or worse self damaging.
devilbird

Postby Sallin_Kari » Fri Feb 01, 2019 12:30 am

She lets out a long breath, stress visibly leaving her body as you agree. Once you hand the money over, she relays it to the merchant, "Here, Henry... Thank you for you help."
"No problem Ma'am," He says, tipping his hat, "I'll make sure it gets taken care of."
She turns to you, giving a pained smile, "Sorry about this... but the only other option I had was to sell one of the crystals we got yesterday."
Sallin_Kari

Postby devilbird » Fri Feb 01, 2019 1:12 am

Thinking about how much suffering and strife we went through just to get those, I make a face at the thought of selling one. "So what did I just buy, anyways?" I ask curiously, "It sounded like the shop keep would need to prepare it, whatever it is, so will we need to kill some time before it's ready?"
devilbird

Postby Sallin_Kari » Fri Feb 01, 2019 1:23 am

"It's... personal... But important... Time sensitive... Thanks," She says, clearly not wanting to go into the details but very grateful for your assistance, "Um... we're done here." You do feel that you could leverage that to discover what she's keeping to herself if you wish.

Spoiler (click to show/hide):

Just a reminder of things you wanted to do, since you're in down time. You wanted to find a bank so you're not keeping large sums of gold in your room or on your person, and to look for magic tomes.
Sallin_Kari

Postby devilbird » Fri Feb 01, 2019 1:35 am

"Should I be worried if it's that important?" I ask. I don't want to pry too much into her life, but I do want to make sure if she's alright. Besides, I just dropped a lot of money on something that I might never see. While waiting for her reply, I gaze about the area. I don't think I'll be able to make use of either of them just yet, since I just used most of my money, but I still want to find both the bank and a store for magic books and weapons. I won't be poor forever, so I want to prepare as best I can to make use of my money well.
devilbird

Postby Sallin_Kari » Fri Feb 01, 2019 1:38 am

"It's..." She starts before letting out a sigh, "My sister is sick... She requires treatment... it's not cheap... Reason I came to this place is so I could earn the money required... but my first few attempts weren't very successful... I mean sure, this last one got us the teleport crystals, but we need those, so it's not exactly liquid capital."
Sallin_Kari

Postby devilbird » Fri Feb 01, 2019 1:53 am

"I see," I muse, then I give her a smile. "Well, I need to start earning some coin as well. I want to look into a couple of things in town, then I would be more than happy to head back in and see if we can start making a profit. First thing's first, however. Do you know if Base Camp has a local bank branch? If we are going to earn money, I'd like to keep it protected as much as possible."
devilbird

Postby Sallin_Kari » Fri Feb 01, 2019 2:00 am

"Yeah. The Imperial Bank set themselves up here. They don't provide a lot of free services, but they're security is top-notch and anything you leave with them is guaranteed by the Crown itself."
Sallin_Kari

Postby devilbird » Fri Feb 01, 2019 2:24 am

"Nice to know our stuff will be safe then. Do you know how much it costs to set up an account there? Also, you said they don't provide a lot of free services. What ones DO they provide?"
devilbird

Postby Sallin_Kari » Fri Feb 01, 2019 2:26 am

"I think it requires you to have a certain amount of money to set it up, but doesn't actually cost any," She says, before shrugging, "Basically just that. Don't be expecting interest on your balance."
Sallin_Kari

Postby devilbird » Fri Feb 01, 2019 2:42 am

"Hmm... in that case, perhaps we should hit the dungeon first. Anything else I want to do requires money that I'm not sure I have enough of. Even if we don't find any magic items, I trust you can identify other things that tend to sell well in town?"

If she agrees, then I motion to set out. The bank will be important, but I don't want to waste my time waiting in line, just to find out I don't have enough gold to keep an account open. Given the nature of the town, I can assume it will take a fair amount of funds. I decide that I should check it out when I have at least one hundred gold again. And if it turns out I grossly overestimated, then I have some funds to look into getting some new spells. The shack will probably have to wait until I either can reach the second layer of the dungeon for better pay, or until I have too many children and need a place to take care of them.
devilbird

PreviousNext

Return to Private Games