Dungeons of the Kragmor Plains(Devilbird)

Forum for publicly viewable but closed-group role-playing.

Re: Dungeons of the Kragmor Plains(Devilbird)

Postby Sallin_Kari » Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:26 pm

"Call me what ever you like. As long as you are consistent I will understand you are referring to me... That is the purpose of a name after all," He replies before letting out a hoot of pondering at the following question, "Purpose? I saw a large hole in the ground and thought I would explore it, maybe make a den there. That was my purpose for being here... but what I found was this dungeon and the entrance I used disappeared rendering me unable to leave... As for why I attacked you... This place has a strange effect of me. After only a few days I was overcome with lust, where it clouded my every thought. By the time you shown up, I was plagued with a chronic erection for the past week, and my balls physically hurt with the need for release. And before you ask, I can not masturbate myself because of my claws... Beyond that there is no driving directive on my part on dealing with humans, and certainly no rule about not allowing them to perish. I simply dislike the sight of intelligent creatures suffering so try to mitigate it where possible."
Random person in the comments section of a random hentai manga- "Now I am ashamed of myself."
Me- "Posh, shame is for fools and people with friends... we need no such things, we have the internet."
Sallin_Kari

Postby devilbird » Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:24 am

"In that case, I shall call you Cikuma. If that is alright with you," I say before moving on, "I am sorry for what this dungeon has done to you. I can imagine it was quite painful. It might be best for us to get you out of here before the dungeon starts to affect you again." I ponder for a moment before an idea hit's me, "In fact, why don't you come with us? We could surely find a place for you to stay outside of the dungeon. Besides, I would very much like to have further conversations, as I don't believe I've ever seen an owlbear show so much intelligence or compassion. I believe something besides the dungeon may be influencing you. If you would be willing to go a step further, I think I'd also like to make a pact with you. We could certainly use your help, and I'd be willing to do something in return for when I summon you. Is there anything you'd like?"

Spoiler (click to show/hide):

I'm really proud of this pun. Cicuma is the latin word for owl, but kuma is also the japanese word for bear.
devilbird

Postby Sallin_Kari » Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:56 am

"That is a sufficient name as any other," He replies, before adding, "As for leaving... I'm not sure the dungeon will let me... It changes, exits disappear, and wall re-arrange themselves. Besides, going with you would imply going to a human population center... In my experience the more humans are around, the less welcome I am in a given area. As for my kin... I can't say I know anything about that. I have not met many myself." Not an irrational concern. As it is, if you matched on out followed by an owlbear, the guards would like shit themselves, possible even attacking Cikuma. With that said, and even if the dungeon wishes to keep him here... You are a summoner, it is quite possible for you to summon him past all the humans, similar to a ritual spell, except it lacks the return feature, though you would need something to serve as a tether, like a feather of his. Speaking of ritual summoning though, you doubt you are powerful enough of a summoner to summon him with a simple spell, so he would definitely be a ritual summon, even with a pact.

As you continue on with your suggestion for a pact, you are sense a deep apprehension, as he replies, "Perhaps, but I do not believe rushing into a pact is a wise move. I wish to consider it and it's terms in more detail."

Spoiler (click to show/hide):

Ah, I knew Kuma, and figure Ci meant owl, but wasn't sure from where... Also, I constantly wrote his name as Chikuma and had to correct it.
Random person in the comments section of a random hentai manga- "Now I am ashamed of myself."
Me- "Posh, shame is for fools and people with friends... we need no such things, we have the internet."
Sallin_Kari

Postby devilbird » Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:10 am

"You might not be able to stay in the settlement, that's true..." I hesitantly admit, "but surely there are places in the plains that you could take advantage of. Either way, I may be able to get you out of here if I'm able to summon you. You are free to take all the time you need to make your choice, but at least consider one summon to get you past the door. All I would need is a feather, and to find a safe spot for you so that people don't attack you. Then you would be free to make that choice whenever you want."
devilbird

Postby Sallin_Kari » Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:16 am

"I prefer forest to plains, but it would not be the first time I lived in one... And I agree that we should talk about this later, you never know when monsters will wander in on us while we are discussing." Cikuma says, before ending the connections. As your normal sense start feeding you information again, you once again find yourself in the dungeon. Looks like nothing much happened, Elisa resting and regathering her strength nearby, while Cikuma is sitting across from you. He plucks out a feather and hands it over to you, something that gets Elisa's attention, "You done with your... magi thing? Cause I'm starting to get antsy about staying still any longer."
Sallin_Kari

Postby devilbird » Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:29 am

"Yeah, I think we are about done here," I say as the world comes back into focus, "We can leave if we have nothing else to hunt for in here."

I bow to Cikuma before accepting the feather. I bid him fair well then ready myself to leave. Once I am ready, I offer my hand to Elisa to help her to her feet. I look her over to see how she is doing after our fight. I also take the time to explain to her everything Cikuma told me down to the last syllable. I let her know that she was right about the creatures being able to kill us, or at least not all will try to help like Cikuma did. I also tell her how the owlbear found his way in by accident, and that the dungeon itself seemed to affect his mind so that only lust remained. I recommend that we limit the amount of time we stay in the dungeon to no more than a couple days at a time, lest we end up like him.
devilbird

Postby Sallin_Kari » Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:37 am

"Right now I don't even care to find any treasure. We got what we came in for, and right now I need a soft bed and a hard cider when I wake up," Elisa says, taking your hand as she pulls herself up with your help.

As you explain everything to her, you can tell she is very surprised and confused, finally responding, "Is this normal for owlbears? Cause this seems really weird to me. Though I'm not surprised that his dungeon had that effect on him, considering everything down here wants to rape us. As for taking a break, that sounds like a damn fine plan right now."
Sallin_Kari

Postby devilbird » Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:44 am

I continue trying to navigate through the dungeon so that we can reach the entrance once more. The entire time I attempt to move quietly and keep an eye out for any movement. I've had enough adventure for one day. As we move along, I quietly whisper to Elisa, "No, he is definitely special, even without the dungeon messing with his head. I'm keen to find out more, but that will have to wait. In the mean time, I'm looking forward to just crawling into a bed."
devilbird

Postby Sallin_Kari » Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:53 am

Soon enough you find the entrance and walk through it, once again greeted by the guard post. They had rotated shifts, so the person who wished you luck was no longer here, and they react with mild surprise when you exit. "Had a rough time in there I see," One of them says. It takes you a moment to realize what exactly gave it away... Your clothes are still soaked in Cikuma's cum. One of them offers you a rag, stating, "This is all we got."
Sallin_Kari

Postby devilbird » Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:02 am

I wearily grunt as I accept the rag, and mumble out a thank you. I was tired, sore, and irritated with how the whole encounter went. Sure I got what I needed, and even met an interesting creature in the process, but I had felt like it cost me more than it should have. I needed to get better at my job quickly so that I could properly support Elisa in the future, assuming this whole debacle didn't send her packing. I clean up as best I can and make my way back to the inn. If Barris is still awake, I intend to ask if there is a bathhouse in the inn or anywhere in town.
devilbird

Postby Sallin_Kari » Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:15 am

As it turns out Barris was awake, though it doesn't look like many other people are judging from the drastically reduced conscious clientele in the common room compared to the last time you were in here. Barris upon seeing you calls out, "Lass! Looks like the dungeon hasn't been kind to ya. Need anything?" Taking the opening, you ask for a bath. Stroking his chin he answers, "Well there is a public bathhouse, but not sure it's open still. Besides, not the best baths around, just there so the town doesn't have a permanent stench to it, I imagine. Tell ya what though, I got a small bath for... premium customers I guess is the word... But why don't I give the key for tonight to clean yourself up. It's just at the end of the hallway your room is off of, and don't worry, that one is for women only." With that said, he pulls out a key with a pink string on it, linked to a small bucket icon.
Sallin_Kari

Postby devilbird » Sun Dec 24, 2017 12:27 am

I raise an eyebrow at his premium customer comment, but don't inquire too much. I'm simply too tired to worry about anything right now. I thank him for the key and promise to bring it back when I'm done. I make my way over to the bath and unlock the door. I wish I'd had a change of clothes, a thing I planned on fixing after I earned some money in the dungeon. For now, I'd have to just settle for using the bath water to clean me and my clothes up.
devilbird

Postby Sallin_Kari » Sun Dec 24, 2017 12:36 am

As you entered the bathroom, you are surprised by it's warmth, and after passing through the changing room, you see a large stone bath, steam wafting off the surface of the water. It is larger than you might have expected, looking like it can hold up to ten people comfortably. Still you get to cleaning yourself and your clothes the best you can, when you hear the door unlocking, and as it opens a long sigh. Shortly after that, some you vaguely recognize, the barmaid who brought you your food, comes in. "Oh, hey... Wasn't expecting anyone here this late," She says upon seeing you, pausing to look at your clothes before adding, "Looks like you had a rough day as well."
Sallin_Kari

Postby devilbird » Sun Dec 24, 2017 12:49 am

"Ah! Yes..." I say, caught off guard by my sudden guest, "I suppose I wasn't as prepared for the dungeon as I should have been."

I try to hide as much of me as I can in the water. I had wanted as few people to see me like this as possible. Even worse was the fact that it was the barmaid I had been staring at earlier. I was even a bit surprised that the water wasn't boiling now thanks to my body going flush with embarrassment. I wanted to get to my room as soon as possible. "Barris lent me a key so I could clean up, but I can leave if you want me to."
devilbird

Postby Sallin_Kari » Sun Dec 24, 2017 12:56 am

"Rookie adventurer? Common mistake... but hey, at least one advantage of how the dungeon works now is that you can actually learn from that mistake more often than not," She says with a shrug, sliding in a little more than arms length away from you. Unlike you, she seems to be in no hurry to finish up, instead longing, enjoying the hot water and at your comment sits up and looks at you with a raised eyebrow, "Do I look like such a bitch that I'd run you out after you clearly had a hard day? If dad says you can use it, then you can use it, so don't worry about it... Hell, if anything I should be asking if you want me to leave, since I'm not really suppose to be here while customers are."
Sallin_Kari

Postby devilbird » Sun Dec 24, 2017 1:15 am

Dad?! I guess Barris did hint at a relationship with her mother earlier, but I didn't realize they were a family. I'll admit, nothing against Barris, but I have a hard time seeing the resemblance. Still, I once again found myself trying not to stare as she sat up from the bath. I wasn't so much worried about her father's warning earlier, as if something happened I was quite confident I'd probably deserve it at this point. Instead, I simply didn't want to embarrass myself further. I avoid her gaze and stare down at my feet as I say, "Well I was hoping no one would see me like this, but I see that's already happened. You aren't going to unsee me, so I don't see much point in you leaving now. You see?" I stammer over my words, trying to sound more calm and collected than I was. As much as I acted like I was good with people, I never could recover if I messed up.
devilbird

Postby Sallin_Kari » Sun Dec 24, 2017 1:35 am

She looks at you for a moment as you try to explain yourself, before she moves closer. Her hands raise out of the water and hook around your neck, pulling you into her bosom. Her hands gently runs through your hair as she says, 'We can't control what happens to us, or how we end up... but that doesn't matter. What does matter and what you can control is how you handled the situation... whether or not you gave up... whether nor not you can look back on how you acted and be proud of yourself. I know that's hard. That's why if you do so you can be proud and hold yourself up high. It doesn't matter if you got raped and full of monster spawn, crawling out of dungeon with not but scraps remaining of your clothes... because a lesser person would have given up and still be in there. But you... you kept moving didn't you. You didn't roll over to die just because things got tough in there, and you know what, this is nothing compared to that. You are past that... So why should you be ashamed about that now?"
Sallin_Kari

Postby devilbird » Sun Dec 24, 2017 4:16 am

She thought she understood, but she just made things worse. She pulled me in and pressed me against her chest. I panicked. I tried to escape, but I didn't know where to put my hands in a way that wouldn't make things worse. She couldn't know the effect she was having on me. My body was growing warmer as she held me close, and so many thoughts were swimming in my head.

"That's not exactly the problem," I admitted when I couldn't pull myself away. I was always terrible with people, except when I was acting like the heroes from my books. But that didn't stop me from seeing the beauty in them. And my goodness was she beautiful. But for however much I acted the part of the cunning and friendly protagonist, I still didn't really know how to deal with people. This whole event just confused me. I wanted her, but I also wanted to hide away.
devilbird

Postby Sallin_Kari » Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:39 am

Noticing you struggle, she loosened her grip, letting you part from her bosom, but she still held your head. Looking you in the eye she asks, "Then why don't you tell me what is the problem? If you try to evade the issue, nothing will change, and nothing will change. Don't worry, I won't be upset by anything you have to say."
Sallin_Kari

Postby devilbird » Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:27 am

I felt cornered. She was going to keep pressuring me until I told her the truth. I resigned myself and sighed before looking her in the eyes. "It isn't so much that I'm ashamed of what happened to me in the dungeon. I knew the risks when I entered, of course. The problem is that I... oh gods, I can't believe I'm going to say this. The truth is I find you very attractive. It hurts having you see me like this. And it doesn't help that your beautiful body is right in front of me. My head is already cloudy from everything else, that I don't know what to think or do."
devilbird

PreviousNext

Return to Private Games