Candy's Pokemon Adventure[Kuragari]

Forum for publicly viewable but closed-group role-playing.

Candy's Pokemon Adventure[Kuragari]

Postby Firehead » Sun Jun 25, 2017 3:42 am

Kuragari Wrote:Name: Candice Tennings
Appearance: http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/a ... 681174.jpg
Spoiler (click to show/hide):

Starting Town: Cherrygrove City
Starter Pokemon(if applicable):
Bio: Candice, or Candy to her friends, has always had a hunger for adventure, but with the recent rise of threats and rumors of Pokémon in the last decade starting to act differently, she's had to hold off her chance to go forth and get her own Pokemon to make her own story and mark on the world like her parents had. Now at the age of Sixteen though, and with the blessing of both her father and mother, she's leaving home and heading to Professor Elm, eager to get her first Pokémon. She knows there will be dangers and trials ahead, but she's ready to face them with the same enthusiasm she's thrown at everything else in her life.

It was finally time to start your Pokemon journey. If it had been up to your parents you'd have never even become a trainer with all the vague reports of strange Pokemon behavior on the news, but with few actual details about the problem, and with you growing up they were eventually convinced they were being overly worried. You were almost 16 now, what could happen that you weren't able to handle.

After a short jaunt through Route 29, you now stood before New Bark Town. Even by Cherrygrove standards, it was small, but professors seemed to have a thing for such things. Immediately to your left was the largest building in town. The many antennae on the roof of the two-story building made it clear that it was the lab. Out in front of the building, you could see a young man in a lab coat tapping away at a small handheld computer.
Firehead

Re: Candy's Pokemon Adventure[Kuragari]

Postby Kuragari » Sun Jun 25, 2017 1:45 pm

I'd packed light, as this was only a quick little trip. New Bark Town wasn't that far away, though it was a little unnerving to be wandering about a route where any minute wild Pokémon could jump out at an moment. Today though it seemed I was lucky- not a single one tried to do anything, though I did see a few.

Regardless, I arrived in New Bark Town with a spring in my step and humming a cheery tune to myself as I skipped on towards what could only be the lab of Professor Elm. Seeing the yinoung man outside, and being in a bit of a teasing mood, I walked up almost behind him and then said "Gosh, you sure do look young Professor! You look like your only a few years older then me! Being around Pokémon all the time must help keep you in tip top shape."

I had a feeling it wasn't the professor, as I'd heard he was at least a bit older, but it could be a bit fun to mess with what was no doubt a young intern.
Kuragari

Postby Firehead » Sun Jun 25, 2017 5:15 pm

The boy, probably only a few years older than you, turns quickly in surprise. Embarrassed, he runs a hand through his dark hair. "No no, the professor is away at the moment. I'm just an assistant keeping an eye on things while he's away." He looks you up and down. "I take it if you're looking for the professor, you want to get a Pokemon of your very own? He left a few I can hand out just in case, so follow me." As he opens the door he slaps a hand to his forehead. "Oh right, I'm Ethen by the way."

Heading in he takes you into a side room which appears to be an office. On the desk, there are a few frames. In the middle, is a picture of him with an older woman, likely his mom, holding a Pokeball excitedly. The more interesting thing is to either side of the photo. Both frames contain eight badges; those of Johto on the left and those of Kanto on the right. You remembered something about a young boy beating both leagues and thwarting the return of Team Rocket some five years ago. Rumor was he even climbed the dangerous Mount Silver to challenge Red himself.

Opening a drawer of the desk he pulls out three Pokeballs. "Alright, I've got three for you to choose from. They're not the standard starters, but would you prefer Growlithe, Buizel, or Skiddo?" He slides the three Pokeballs towards you as he names each ones contents letting you choose one.
Firehead

Postby Kuragari » Sun Jun 25, 2017 11:59 pm

I nod, giggling a bit at his embarrassment. I hold out my hand to him, introducing myself as I follow him on in after. I look about curiously as he leads me in, humming to myself as I let my eyes wander over each and every scientific piece of equipment. As interesting as they all are though, my eyes are quick to zero in on the Pokeballs he had pulled out, my mind only marginally noting those other key details and shunting them aside for the time being.

"Hmm... I don't know which to choose to be honest..." I murmur, looking them over each for a good long moment before closing my eyes, tapping each one as I chanted "Eeny meanie miney mo, catch a Persian by it's toe..."
Kuragari

Postby Firehead » Mon Jun 26, 2017 3:15 am

Spoiler (click to show/hide):

I assume this means you want it picked randomly. 1d6: 1 or 2, Growlithe; 3 or 4, Buizel; 5 or 6, Skiddo.
3 Buizel.

Your hand lands on a ball picking it up. Ethan smiles as you pick your ball. "Ahh, a good choice. Buizel is a very friendly, fun-loving Pokemon. Never quite seen that method for choosing a starter before though." Leaning forward his expression gets serious. "Now, before you go out. I'm sure you've heard some of the rumors circulating about Pokemon in recent months. It wouldn't be right to not give you a heads up on what we know even if our knowledge is still somewhat limited. Go ahead and tell me what you've heard about it, and I can fill you in on any details you seem to be missing."
Firehead

Postby Kuragari » Mon Jun 26, 2017 3:31 am

I giggle a bit, blushing at his comment as I take the Pokeball and give it a bit of a nuzzle as I say "Nice to meet you Buizel! I don't know if you can hear me in there, but we'll meet face to face soon enough." With that I turned my attention to Ethan as I listened to what he had to say. Tapping my chin, I frowned a bit as I said "Well, I've heard they've become more prone to attacking humans... but nothing more then that really. One of my cousins friends was jumped by one... but she hasn't shared much of anything about it with anyone."
Kuragari

Postby Firehead » Mon Jun 26, 2017 5:30 am

"Yeah, few of the victims seem to be willing to talk which is why our data is so sparse. Some things we do know are that most commonly it's male Pokemon that turn aggressive though females have occasionally been observed to change. We've made sure our starters aren't affected, but there are some not fully confirmed reports of previously docile Pokemon turning aggressive. Lastly, some trainers that fled before attacking have mentioned Pokemon watching them with something strange with the Pokemon's eyes, but they were too freaked out to recall exactly what was so strange about the eyes." He pulls back his chair and stands up offering you a handshake. "That's about all we know so far. If you want, I could give you my Pokegear number, so you can call me if you learn anything, or I can give you updates as we learn more. Either way, I congratulate you on choosing to take an adventure with Pokemon and wish you luck on your adventure."
Firehead

Postby Kuragari » Mon Jun 26, 2017 5:47 am

"I'd be happy to have your number! And I'll be sure to call you up if I find out anything. Pokemon Trainers gotta look out for one another after all right?" I asked as I attached the Buizel's Pokeball to my belt, my pokegear soon flipped out and ready to registar Ethan's number as I added "Sides, it's always cool to get a cute guy's number~!"
Kuragari

Postby Firehead » Mon Jun 26, 2017 8:32 pm

Ethan gives a smile as he pulls out his pokegear exchanging numbers with you. "Hmm, I think you mean cute girl in this case." He gives you a smirk as he turns the compliment back on you. "Make sure to keep in touch. It's been a while since I've left New Bark Town, so I'm probably a little out of date, but I'd be happy to share what I know about any places you go."

With that, he leads you back toward the front entrance to the lab. You can't help but notice the slightest bit of extra spring in his step since he led you in originally. Opening the door he bids you farewell. "Whatever you decide to do on your journey always remember to put your heart into it fully, and you'll go far."
Firehead

Postby Kuragari » Wed Jun 28, 2017 2:43 pm

"Aww, you think I'm cute~" I say with a bit of a blush, but I hold off from teasing him further... that is at least until he has lead me to the door. I nod to him in thanks, then surprise him with a quick hug, and a peck to the forehead as I said "I'll be certain to do that Ethan! And don't worry, the instant I learn anything I think might be helpful to you or the Prof, I'll give you a ring~!"

With that, I headed out the door and hummed, taking a quick look around New Bark Town. I couldn't remember if the town had any sort of Pokemart like Cherrygrove did... but I shrugged- either way, it was time to meet my first Pokémon!

Kneeling, I pulled the Pokeball and said "Alright Buizel, you can come on out!"
Kuragari

Postby Firehead » Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:38 pm

Ethan blushes as you give him a hug before he returns it himself. "Good, I look forward to hearing from you then."

Looking around you found that New Bark Town was certainly still the quaint little sleepy village it had been known as for so long. You'd need to return to Cherrygrove before you could visit a Pokemart.

With a flash of light, your Buizel formed on the ground before you. He gave a chipper "Bui!" before running a few circles around you excitedly. After getting that out of his system, he took a seat before you and gave a friendly call with a curious turn of his head as he waited for your instructions.
Firehead

Postby Kuragari » Thu Jun 29, 2017 2:38 am

Smiling and giggling happily as I watched him run around me, I snatch him up and pull him into a warm hug, unintentionally squeezing him against my chest. I give him a light peck on the forehead as I say "Awww, your so adorable! I just know we're going to be the best of friends!" Setting him back down, I hum to myself a bit as I say "Now... should probably figure out a nickname for you... oh, and would you prefer to follow along outside of the Pokeball, or ride along in it?"
Kuragari

Postby Firehead » Thu Jun 29, 2017 4:33 am

He squeals in delight as you pick him up though you notice him getting stunned for a bit when you pulled him tight into a hug. You can see him blush beneath the fur and grow bashful when you kiss him on the head too. He nods when you assert that you'll be best friends and again when you offer to nickname him, but then he slips his sleek body out of your grip to make another circle around your feet before stopping to stand up on his hind legs and point in the direction you were facing. It seemed he wanted to follow you after all.
Firehead

Postby Kuragari » Thu Jun 29, 2017 6:50 am

Grinning, I pat him on the head, then hummed to myself as I considered a name for him. After a moment, I grinned and asked "How do you like the name Rapids? Or Buz?" I was happy to leave him out of the Pokeball though as I stood, waiting to see what he thought of the nicknames before turning and heading out of the town.
Kuragari

Postby Firehead » Thu Jun 29, 2017 3:53 pm

He gives an excitable nod to the name Rapids as he falls in line behind you. Walking out onto Route 29, you begin walking through the tall grass on your way back home. After a bit, you start to get the feeling that you're being watched. Turning to look at it, you see the grass sway a little ways off but can't see what was looking at you. A few more minutes of this, your stalker finally reveals themself to be an Aipom. As Rapids leaps forward to defend you the little monkey looks you up and down with keen interest.
Firehead

Postby Kuragari » Fri Jun 30, 2017 1:25 am

The feeling of being watched wasn't too surprising, though when the pokemon finally revealed itself, the strange way it seemed to be looking at me did send some odd feelings through me. Regardless though, I smiled as I pulled my Pokegear out and brought up the pokedex. Needed to know what moves my cute little guy knew after all! "Alright Rapids, how about a Quick Attack!~"
Kuragari

Postby Firehead » Fri Jun 30, 2017 4:52 am

Roll:4

With the battlecry of 'Zel', Rapids moves quickly to close the distance between him and Aipom, but things don't go as planned. The Aipom kicks up dust with a Sand Attack which knocks Rapids off course missing completely. The Aipom is quick to jump on your Pokemon and deliver a few strikes with a Fury Swipes to your poor Pokemon before Rapids can force him away. As he backs off, you can see the Aipom's eyes dart back to you for a moment, but something is odd. It was subtle, and from the current distance, you couldn't tell what but something was definitely strange about his eyes.
Firehead

Postby Kuragari » Fri Jun 30, 2017 12:36 pm

"R~Rapids!" I shouted in a bit of a panic, moving to check on it as I held it for a moment, my eyes flicking back to the Aipom. Picking up that... strangeness in it's eyes, I did my best to wipe the sand out of my Buizel's eyes as I said "H~How about you try a Sonic Boom? A~And keep your distance from it."
Kuragari

Postby Firehead » Fri Jun 30, 2017 8:49 pm

Rapids is breathing hard but recovers quickly giving you a determined 'Bui'. He was ready for more. As your eyes glanced over to the Aipom he turned his back to you the hand on the end of his tail slapping against his ass as a taunt. You couldn't help but notice the balls between his legs swaying with the motion of his ass slapping as he gives you a cheeky grin.

Roll: 4

Rapids takes in a deep breath as he prepares to fire the Sonic Boom. The Aipom looking far from worried about the oncoming attack until suddenly he leaps forward in a surprising manner. Buizel, just about to attack, isn't prepared for the Aipom's Astonish trips and hits his head. The Pokemon gets up looking rather frustrated at the cheeky monkey before him.
Firehead

Postby Kuragari » Sat Jul 01, 2017 1:49 pm

My eyes widen a bit as I catch sight of the Aipom's privates, blushing a bit as I'd never actually seen such on any Pokémon, even the ones my parents kept around from their adventures. Frowning a bit, I said "Uhm... how about a growl then?" Maybe that would give it some pause, and who knows, maybe an angry intimidating growl would help bolster my Buizel's morale.
Kuragari

Next

Return to Private Games