PMD: A Lucario's Corruption (Firehead)

Forum for publicly viewable but closed-group role-playing.

Re: PMD: A Lucario's Corruption (Firehead)

Postby Soru » Sat Jun 17, 2017 8:35 pm

(Roll: 20) As Sandra was preparing her next attack she watches as the Luxray starts to charge up some electricity again before she charged at him. As she charges at him Ray lets out another Discharge right as she was only half way to him. However something in Sandra's head seemed to click and she crouched down a bit and suddenly launched forward, surprising Ray as his attack just barely misses her and she was right on him and lets out her Metal Sound right in front of him, making him clutch his ears as the attack works successfully. Now was her chance to strike while he's stunned.
Soru

Postby Firehead » Sat Jun 17, 2017 9:55 pm

Rushing forward Sandra noticed Ray charging up for another attack. Seeing the incoming Discharge, she quickly fell to her knees allowing her momentum to slide her across the gym floor practically limboing under the electricity. Sandra was caught by surprise by just how well that had turned out though clearly not as much as Ray had as she launched her Metal Sound into him from up close. Seeing him knocked off guard with her attack Sandra charged up an Aura Sphere hoping to take clear advantage of the situation.
Firehead

Postby Soru » Sun Jun 18, 2017 8:38 am

(Roll: 7) Ray manages to strain an eye open in time to see Sandra charging up an Aura Sphere though it didn't seem he could do much as he was still recoiling from the Metal Sound that was ringing in his ears. Just as Sandra was about to fire the Aura Sphere Ray's tail suddenly came up and knocked her hands up, throwing the Aura Sphere upward and Ray suddenly reached out with his hands to grab on to Sandra's and was about to zap her with a close range Discharge. The Lucario only had a few seconds before this next attack hits her directly.
Soru

Postby Firehead » Sun Jun 18, 2017 9:08 pm

Sandra watched his eyes as they opened but noticed he still seemed to be unable to move from her previous attack either, so she wasn't expecting her wrist to be pulled out of place by his tail. It seemed even in such a situation an elite was still an elite, and she couldn't expect any easy win here. "wha," she looked into his eyes when he grabbed her now able to move again, and she could see the lightning start to build up again. She doubted she could pull free in time, and so long as he had her hands she couldn't dodge his attack though the opposite should be true as well. Concentrating, Sandra charged up a Dragon Pulse to try and fire it off as well.
Firehead

Postby Soru » Sun Jun 18, 2017 11:21 pm

Fighting against his she brings her hands close enough to better so she could charge up her Dragon Pulse. Ray doesn't let go as his electricity builds up and mere seconds later Sandra is zapped by electricity while her Dragon Pulse hits Ray in the chest and both were forced away from each other. Sandra was still up but panting a bit heavily and resting on one knee while Ray was only panting lightly and standing up straight. Before either one could make a move Brute spoke up.

"Alright, that's enough. Good job Sandra. Most recruits don't even land a solid hit on Ray or last this long. You have clearly passed." Brute said while giving her two thumbs ups from his left hands. Ray drops his fighting stance and walks over to Sandra and offers his hand. "You have potential. You need to improve on tactics a bit though." The electric lion said.
Soru

Postby Firehead » Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:02 am

Sandra gritted her teeth as the electricity started passing through her, but she still managed to hit him with her Dragon Pulse from such a short distance. Even better it managed to put some distance between them. Sandra realized it wasn't looking good though once the attacks were both done. Ray was certainly in better shape than her, but before she could decide what to do next, Brute caught both of their attentions calling the match over. Her excitement was a little tempered this time from how much wearier she was from this trial, but she still managed a gleeful smile.

Standing herself back up she accepted Ray's hand. "Thanks, I really didn't know who I was messing with when I picked you though. Probably gonna need more than five minutes and an Oran juice after that." Giving Ray a farewell, she turns back to Brute. "So who do I speak to about the second trial?"
Firehead

Postby Soru » Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:16 am

Ray nods. "Here's a little advice; you can use attacks for more than their main use. Also, since you're a Lucario you can use your Aura to help boost your movements like you did when you dodged my attack earlier." He says before leaving the arena to go back to his own training. Getting out of the ring Sandra notices that the Zoroark was still watching a bit. He gives a congratulatory wave before getting up to leave.

"Well done Sandra. After you feel up to it go back to the main room where you registered and look for a Dusknoir wearing a purple scarf; he'll give you the last of your trails." Brute said as he handed her a drink to help her recover. "Any questions before you see him? Or maybe you want to spar some more?"
Soru

Postby Firehead » Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:41 am

She gave a nod and thanked Ray for the advice. She hadn't even realized she'd done such a thing. Perhaps when she ducked under his attack? She'd need to do some practice to see if she could do it on purpose later. She gave the Zoroark a nervous wave as he walked away. She still felt a little nervous about his earlier looks but decided it was worth giving him another chance.

Sandra took the juice happily from Brute sucking some of it down immediately. "Thank you, I think I'm done with sparring for now, but I'll definitely be down here for additional training. I'm definitely going to need it. I guess I don't have any other questions unless you can give me a hint about the last trial." Either way, she'd get herself a seat again to rest up before heading out to the main hall to find this Dusknoir.
Firehead

Postby Soru » Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:27 pm

"Well I cant really tell you any details but unlike these trails which were physical the next one will be testing your mind. I can't give anymore than that." Brute said. "Well best of luck to ya!" He said as he slapped her back with two hands, one of which hit just the upper part of her ass. "Don't keep him waiting too long though; he doesn't like to be kept waiting." He said before he went off to help some of the Pokémon training.
Soru

Postby Firehead » Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:54 pm

"Thank you, I guess if the next part is mental I won't need the rest as much. I'll be sure to come by for some training myself later." In fact, if the next trial wasn't going to be physical she saw little need to rest. She'd certainly take the time to suck down the juice she'd been given, but once it was done, she'd toss it away and head out to find the person that'd put her through the final part of her trials.
Firehead

Postby Soru » Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:43 pm

Walking back into the first room she was in Sandra is able to spot the Dusknoir that Brute had described. Going up to him he quickly notices her and greets her. "Hello there. You must be Sandra and here to take the last trail. Follow me." He leads her down a different hallway, going down the left one now. "For this trial you will be put into a trace and put into a situation where I'll be watching how you handle it. How you read and respond to situations will determine whether or not you become a member." He explains to her. "Any questions?"
Soru

Postby Firehead » Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:17 pm

Sandra gives the Dusknoir a nod. "Yes, that's exactly right." She listens to the last trial. She wasn't quite sure what the trial was about. Mostly because he was being oddly vague about it. "well, uh...I don't think I caught your name, sorry." Sandra gave a flustered laugh before continuing. "I guess I'm not quite sure what I'm expected to do. It sounds like this is to test my mental fortitude. I'm not really sure why the details about the situation or what's expected of me are being kept so vague though. Is it also a test to see my ability to handle the unexpected?"
Firehead

Postby Soru » Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:05 am

"Oh, pardon me. I often forget to introduce myself." He stops walking and turns to Sandra. "My name is Nox, and I'm one of the Guild's advisors and I one of the ones that give this trial." He said before continuing down the hall. "What is expected of you is to show what kind of Pokémon you are. While we don't care for motivations we do not allow anyone with evil intend to join." He said as they walk into a small room which only had a bed and a chair. "Lay down and I'll put you into a deep sleep where I'll control your dream and observe how you react. We'll begin when you're ready." He said before sitting down on the chair next to the bed.
Soru

Postby Firehead » Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:43 am

Sandra nodded as Nox introduced himself. An advisor must be a pretty important position within the guild considering how he said it though she didn't really have much idea of the guild hierarchy to know about it herself. He explained the trial a little better though which made her happy. It was just to test the kind of person she was. Sandra was pretty confident she wasn't the kind of person they had reason to bar from the guild. She was here to make a name for herself and do her family proud after all. She was sure that that was what they would see from her. Rolling onto the bed, Sandra got comfortable on her back. "Alright then, I shouldn't have any troubles. I'm ready to begin."
Firehead

Postby Soru » Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:27 pm

"Alright, I'm going to put you to sleep." He said as he pulls out a jar and opens the lid before waving it in front of Sandra's nose. Smelling whatever was in there, it smelled sweet, she felt herself getting sleepy and soon she blacked out. As he watched her falling asleep he prepares her dream while not having told her the other part of this trail.

Sandra slowly opens her eyes and notices she's in some sort of town though she couldn't really remember if she's seen this town before or not. She saw various Pokémon walking about on their own business, talking and socializing. Everything seemed normal, nothing out of place. She soon noticed that she was standing right in front of a store and had a feeling something is about to happen. From where she stood she could see a shady looking Weavile with a grin on his face as he looked around the store near the store counter. There was also a Breloom looking around in every direction constantly as if nervous about something. There was also an Umbreon girl who seemed to just be browsing the berry selection of the store. Something told her that one of them was about to do something
Soru

Postby Firehead » Tue Jun 20, 2017 4:24 pm

Sandra nodded as the open jar was put before her nose. Breathing in deeply she took in the sweet aroma which seemed to relax her muscles all over. Closing her eyes, Sandra allowed herself to slowly sink into a restful slumber wondering just what she was about to face.

Sandra found herself in some sort of town though whether or not it was familiar seemed to elude her. She looked around at all the Pokemon going about their business. It all seemed rather normal to her until she turned to see the shop she was standing right in front of. A feeling egged at her from the back of her mind. She could tell that something was about to happen here, and she stepped in to have a look around. There were three Pokes in the place: a shady looking Weavile that looked happy about something, a very nervous looking Breloom, and an Umbreon that just seemed to be going about her business.

Sandra wondered just what she should do. She could either try and protect the unsuspecting Umbreon or try to get information out of the other two. Deciding it was better to try and prevent something from happening instead of just protecting one victim, she looked at the two males. She could just be misjudging the Weaville though as it would be a little strange to start trouble in his own shop. In the end, she decided the Breloom was her best bet. Walking up behind him she put a reassuring hand on his shoulder. "Excuse me, you look a little wound up. Is everything alright?"
Firehead

Postby Soru » Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:32 pm

The Breloom jumped at the sudden touch to his shoulder. He turned to her and she could clearly see he was sweating a bit. "Y-Yes, everything al-alright." He stutters a bit as he backs away from her slightly. "J-Just unsure what to buy is all." Sandra notices he's wearing a coat and that one of his hands seems firmly planted in one of the pockets. As she is looking at him she notices an Ursaring standing behind the counter while the Weavile seemed to be watching what was going on with her and the Breloom.
Soru

Postby Firehead » Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:00 am

Sandra jumped a little herself at the Breloom's reaction. "I'm sorry I startled you, but you don't look like someone who doesn't know what to buy." There was something concerning about the way he was holding onto whatever he held in his pocket. She noticed the Ursaring for the first time. Maybe the Weavile didn't work here? She wondered if he had something to do with this. Something definitely seemed wrong here, but she had the feeling the Breloom wasn't particularly comfortable with it. Taking a chance she leaned in and whispered to him. "Are you sure everything is okay? If there is something you'd like to talk about, we don't have to discuss it right here." She hoped she could get him to come clean outside of the Weavile's view.
Firehead

Postby Soru » Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:13 am

The Breloom gulps and starts to back away from her as he looks around nervously but doesn't seem to give the Weavile any extra attention. Both the Weavile and the Urasring were now looking towards the both of them in confusion. "D-Damn it..." She hears the Breloom mutter under his breath as he notices the attention the two of them are getting. "C-Can you just leave me alone, please? I'm uncomfortable a-around people." He stutters as he seems to be fiddling with something in his coat pocket.
Soru

Postby Firehead » Wed Jun 21, 2017 3:00 am

Sandra was confused at this point. There was clearly something this guy wasn't telling her, but it didn't seem the Weavile had anything to do with it. His awkward behavior was starting to get him more attention which only seemed to bother him further. Her ears laid back when he asked her to leave him alone feeling like at this point she was just pestering him. "Sorry to bother you. The way you were looking about made me think something was wrong." The fidgeting of his hand in his pocket caught her attention once again, and she couldn't help but get curious. "Just what are you playing with in your pocket anyway?"
Firehead

PreviousNext

Return to Private Games