Mischief in Maguuma [Ocfos]

Forum for publicly viewable but closed-group role-playing.

Re: Mischief in Maguuma [Ocfos]

Postby cliffracer » Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:46 am

"Ha, I wonder why that could be. Come in if you want, I don't mind much. I've already stripped in front of everyone today." She unlocks the door from her side as she chuckles, the small console lighting up green. She must have a remote for it. "I'm obviously indecent, enter at your own titillation."
Common Character: Hunter [x]. If we're in an RP/want to discuss an RP, I have a discord for casual contact. PM me about it.
cliffracer

Postby Ocfos » Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:49 am

"Oh please, I'm in robes myself. It's not like this lab is a public area, Maryll. A Warmaster, your krewemates, and a slimeball saw you strip down, that's about it. As far as I know, the walls don't have Risen eyes. Yet." She chuckles, walking towards Maryll's voice.
"I'm curious about the project you mentioned earlier, the one you needed a few bars of silver for. Anything you wish to share, or would you prefer to keep it hushed?"
Ocfos

Postby cliffracer » Sat Nov 04, 2017 1:00 am

"Hmmmm... I'll give you a sample in the form of an academic query. "Can audio vibrations be modified to interact with death magic, and how does this affect a Risen?" Is that satisfactory?" She sounds proud of herself. Looking back at her workbench, she seems to be disassembling one of the asura genius Moto's boomboxes...
Common Character: Hunter [x]. If we're in an RP/want to discuss an RP, I have a discord for casual contact. PM me about it.
cliffracer

Postby Ocfos » Sat Nov 04, 2017 2:10 am

"That's an interesting one, but do you plan to keep the risen busy by playing Charr Rock all night?" Mesira chuckles, standing against the doorway of the bathroom.
"It would be an amusing sight, I'd agree to that."
Ocfos

Postby cliffracer » Sat Nov 04, 2017 2:40 am

"Haha! The initial goal is paralysis rather than spontaneous dance troupes. Maybe destabilization that leads to goopification? The intent is to innovate relaxation by making unplanned naps much safer to finish. Birthday parties at the beach become much safer when your progeny isn't in threat of being a snack. We just happen to be in a convenient testing location. I'm going to finish my concept tonight and test it in the morning, if you would like to observe."
cliffracer

Postby Ocfos » Sat Nov 04, 2017 5:12 am

"As long as WE don't goopificate as well, that does sound like a pretty terrific idea. I wonder if that core thing from the slime ball we found could be used, if fed a quartz-like substance to add a more crystalline mix-up than vegetables." She pauses, seeming to think deeply for a second.

"Wouldn't dare try to feed it anything powerful, such as branded or bloodstone infused materials. We should keep it out of range of those, that's for sure. I'm excited to see if the containment will do that job just fine, or we might have to get rid of it again."
Ocfos

Postby cliffracer » Sun Nov 05, 2017 11:53 pm

"If you can get it to produce more of those small crystals, do save one for me. We've contained and are saving the one we made earlier as an intact control. If you want the hand-scanner, it should be on the edge of my workbench." She hums. "I'd join you, but I'm enjoying my nudity at the moment and I doubt Yiva would ever stop touching me if I went. Have fun!"
cliffracer

Postby Ocfos » Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:15 am

"Why do you think I'm in a robe?" She chuckles, "Took a bath myself to get that slime off, and I can't be arsed to dress back up before bed. Despite, it really is liberating."

"Yiva is still busy setting up the new containment zone in the basement, by the way."
Ocfos

Postby cliffracer » Sun Apr 29, 2018 5:55 am

"Oh, is that what she's doing? She did get finised with the blasting rather quickly, the stone yields well here... I think we may have to be fluid with our setup of the containment fields, in case we end up with specimens larger than an overinflated progeny." She stretches some, having to stand to reach a container of faintly-glowing salt crystals, a handful of which are added to the water. Mesira knows them to be for retaining water heat and softening skin. "I'll survey the space we have to work with in the morning. I'd recommend checking if she's finished with the slime's pen, and whether or not she's gotten sidetracked."
cliffracer

Postby Ocfos » Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:11 pm

"By sidetracked, I can tell you mean slimetracked in this case. You're right though, I'd best do so. Let me know how your experiments go, and be careful not to gel-ify yourself with those soundwaves for your test on the morrow. Give me a poke if you need some more parts or help, since it'd definitely be a nice welcome for risen to be gone from the entry and such." Mesira waves lightly, turning to walk for the dig in the basement.

"Glad to see my krewe is as cute as ever, by the way." She says on the way out of Maryll's quarters.

Unless interrupted by Maryll or someone else, she walks up to one of the one-way windows leading outside, simply looking out at the twilight landscape in thought for a moment.

I wonder if feeding it energy will have any power-generating effect... She taps her chin a little, leaning against the window.
Ocfos

Postby cliffracer » Wed May 16, 2018 3:02 am

"I'd say flattery will get you everywhere, but you're already the boss." Maryll laughs gently, settling back in to her bath as Mesira leaves.

It's a pretty peaceful night outside, all things considered. Without any leadership providing sight, the zombies are a little less deadly at night, having trouble finding anything to gnaw on when fumbling around in the dark. The numbers are sparse, at least, so there's not much interrupting the view of the bay.
Mesira hears Yiva complaining from the basement digsite. "Hey! You're sticky! Would you find a more suitable place to sleep?! Grr..."
cliffracer

Postby Ocfos » Wed May 16, 2018 3:08 am

Staring out at the relatively tranquil night view, Mesira wonders if she'd be able to make it for a night swim in the bay herself before sleep, considering the sparse numbers of risen outside.

Being interrupted in her line of thought by the noise downstairs, Mesira has a feeling of what's either happening, or about to happen for Yiva, and starts casually walking downstairs towards her.
Ocfos

Postby cliffracer » Wed May 16, 2018 3:15 am

In the basement, Mesira sees that Yiva's put in a lot of work. The cavern she made with the blasting golems would be large enough to let a stampede of centaurs run around in circles. She's already had everything smoothed out in to the preferred Asuran architectural style, and has some empty enclosures built in to the walls as well. What happened just now is easy to follow with the eyes. The portable cage Yiva used to bring the slime here is inactive, and a temporary pen graded for cattle IS active. However, based on the slime spots on the ground, the slime easily jumped over the force barrier, then in to its current position on top of Yiva, while she seemingly was napping in her chair. There's also another pink crystal laying on the floor nearby.
"Oh, thank the Eternal Alchemy... Boss, the slime breached containment, ate my banana straight out of my hand, and has commandeered my body as a place to sleep!"
cliffracer

Postby Ocfos » Wed May 16, 2018 3:21 am

"Slime's potent stuff, makes nerve endings a lot more sensitive to touch. Bottled as a kind of personal massage oil, I'm pretty sure it'd sell well around Tyria, and fuel our research funds well." Mesira walks closer, standing next to the chair.

"You can stand with it, right? I'll find something else to lure it with, if need be."
She can't help but snicker a little at Yiva's predicament.

"Incredible work on the excavation, by the way." She adds.
Ocfos

Postby cliffracer » Wed May 16, 2018 3:39 am

"I- I CAN get up, but... look at it!" She smiles endearingly at the slime, which really is fast asleep now. "It's weaponizing its charm to get me to stay here and let it rest! I am being manipulated!" She puts her head back on the headrest, sighing. "Thanks, though... The blasting was fun, but watching the golems smooth everything out must've made me fall asleep with food in my hand... They went back to their docks, at least. Ugh, if this mischief maker's residue really causes sensitivity of the epidermis, the walk upstairs out of this cool basement is going to be the worst..." She doesn't sound that upset.
cliffracer

Postby Ocfos » Wed May 16, 2018 3:47 am

"You're free do as you wish before its containment, as long as the slime doesn't escape the basement... just be careful the slime doesn't eat you - We don't yet know if it can do that or not." She grumbles a little, "I'd rather not come down here tomorrow, just to find you turned into one of those crystals on the floor there."

Pausing a little, she grins at Yiva, "I'm considering heading out for a night swim in the bay. You know where to find me before I call it a night, if you want to wash that gunk off, and replacing it with some fresh air." She waits to see if Yiva has anything to protest or suggest first, turning to head out unless Yiva requires her further.
Ocfos

Postby cliffracer » Wed May 16, 2018 4:12 am

Yiva sighs. "Got it, Boss. Don't worry, I at least had a door installed. You should probably turn it on when you leave." She gives an annoyed hum, looking down at the slime again. "You might want to be careful though, some of those pirates might still be lurking around out there. Or some krait wandering around underwater looking for a half-naked asura to toy with. It'd be a shame if I missed something indecent happening to you because of this thing." She grins, patting the top of the slime, which just causes it to sink further on to her.
cliffracer

Postby Ocfos » Wed May 16, 2018 4:21 am

"Careful in here, alright? Lyalah's upstairs if you need her to... Aid with that goop." Mesira says, her ears visibly lowering bashfully before she turns to hide her blush upon realising her face is getting warmer. "I'll be there for maybe fifteen, twenty minutes. Just need to relax a bit, maybe find a place to rest on the coast."

If Yiva has nothing to add, Mesira heads back to the stairs, closing the door behind her before heading for the main entrance.

"We really need to make a sort of backup entry/exit for the complex, in case something goes wrong..." She mumbles to herself as she heads for the door, continuing out unless something stops her.
Ocfos

Postby cliffracer » Sat May 19, 2018 6:47 pm

"Yep. Seeya tomorrow, Boss." Yiva waves as Mesira leaves, getting annoyed-looking again when her attention is back to the slime.

Mesira figures the best backup entrance and exit would have to be in the form of a stairway leading to a hatch in the ceiling. That would open up to more or less the top of the rocky outcropping the lab is built in to, which is basically undead-proof by design. It'd only be a risk when used by more intelligent threats, like the Inquest or krait. Mesira exits the main entrance to the lab just in time to see one of the man-eating Tyrian slimes get turned in to a coating of paint for the cave by the turrets. It looks like a few zombies were here too, but the numbers seem sparse tonight.
cliffracer

Postby Ocfos » Sat May 19, 2018 7:54 pm

Mesira shrugs, throwing her robe in through the doorway as she locks up behind herself. Now streaking, she starts to walk out of the cave with no concerns.

Looking up at the moon, she grins widely...And makes sure to step around the dead slime and re-dead zombie gunk.
She blows a single kiss at the sentries in a silly sentimental way, liking her own creations.

She then starts towards the coast, making sure to keep an ear out in case something's trying to sneak up on her.
Ocfos

PreviousNext

Return to Private Games