Mischief in Maguuma [Ocfos]

Forum for publicly viewable but closed-group role-playing.

Re: Mischief in Maguuma [Ocfos]

Postby cliffracer » Fri May 12, 2017 4:57 am

The portal opens up to an area of brown-orange stone and dirt, and piles of happy-faced pink balls of slime start to pile through. At least twenty of the things end up coming in, all of them either scared or inquisitive of their new surroundings. Hunter holds her ground, but the pile of the strange slimes are near to her.
"Hey, should I murder these things?"
"What?! How could you say that?! They're so adorable!"
"Radiant magic has dropped to previous running amounts, but temperature is rising due to climate on the other end. Shouldn't be a threatening amont."
Common Character: Hunter [x]. If we're in an RP/want to discuss an RP, I have a discord for casual contact. PM me about it.
cliffracer

Postby Ocfos » Fri May 12, 2017 5:02 am

"Punt them back in, but keep one of them." Mesira says, sending her own three clones out to start trying to haul them back inside.
Ocfos

Postby cliffracer » Fri May 12, 2017 5:06 am

Hunter picks one up, smiling at it and setting it a few steps aside. She picks up her greatsword as she turns to the rest, then starts... golfswinging them back through with the blunt side. They don't seem to be in any real pain from it, and it's faster than the clones walking them back. Yiva seems unhappy about the treatment either way. The clones do manage to take credit for the last three slimes, at least.
The one that was left aside seems pretty happy about life and is bouncing towards Mesira, leaving little puddles of pink slick where it hops.
Common Character: Hunter [x]. If we're in an RP/want to discuss an RP, I have a discord for casual contact. PM me about it.
cliffracer

Postby Ocfos » Fri May 12, 2017 5:12 am

"I'm going to need a containment unit for this thing, powering gate down for now. Readings fully stable throughout the experiment?"

Mesira engages the shutdown sequence, before stepping away from her station to look at the slime bouncing towards her.

"That's a strangely...Happy ball of slime. I'm not sure I like it coming at me." Mesira dispels her clones, putting one in front of herself in an attempt to shield from the slime approaching.
Ocfos

Postby cliffracer » Fri May 12, 2017 5:20 am

"Yeah. Completely within acceptable parameters the entire time, even with your test on the far extreme."
"No structural damage detected, and our darksteel rivets are still in place!"
"No deviances in coordinates whatsoever, and lock-on time was only a small amount slower than what a regular asura gate achieves."

The slime says "Yippie!" and jumps on to the clone's head. It's firm enough that her head doesn't sink in beyond the forehead. It seems content with sitting there.

"Oh, hey. That hand that got cut off is still twitching." Hunter picks it up by the index, then yelps and drops it when it tries to grab her hand back.
cliffracer

Postby Ocfos » Fri May 12, 2017 5:23 am

"Make that TWO containment units..." Mesira walks a little bit closer to her clone and the slime, looking at it with intrigue.

"What an unusual creature..."
Ocfos

Postby cliffracer » Fri May 12, 2017 6:15 pm

Hunter uses the handle of her torch for something for the mechanical hand to grab on to, bringing it over with caution.
"Those little slimeballs are kinda heavy. Doesn't look like it's trying to swallow your clone's head, though." She offers Mesira the torch, unwilling to touch the hand holding on to it to get it off.
"Whaddaya think it eats?" Yiva jumps over her station's controls, approaching as well.

The slime settles some, closing its eyes as it appears to be resting.
cliffracer

Postby Ocfos » Fri May 12, 2017 9:16 pm

"If it eats." Mesira adds, her clone disappearing under the slime. Mesira crouches down next to it.
"We don't even know if it eats anything from our world."
Ocfos

Postby cliffracer » Fri May 12, 2017 9:29 pm

"Well, I suppose going through to figure out what it eats would test two-way travel with more complex creatures, wouldn't it?"
"Maybe it eats good moods!" Yiva seems to love it.

The slime is suprised when its chair vanishes, now looking at Mesira with a curious smile. It really just seems like this thing enjoys being happy, it's practically infectious.
A golem delivers two energy cages, one of which Hunter shakes the metallic hand in to.
"That little hand is creepy as hell. I'm worried about what IT wants."
cliffracer

Postby Ocfos » Fri May 12, 2017 10:14 pm

"This definitely does open up for experiments with establishing a two-way communication network between the two dimensions, because these things seem relatively harmless enough for the dimension to be explorable. Maybe by golems, maybe by us. Definitely dangerous still, but we still have a basis for future experiments now!"
Mesira tilts her head at the slime.

"Maybe the hand just wants a purpose, use it to shake hands with people who don't wash their hands." She jokes, looking at Maryll.

"You got notes of this so far, right?"
Ocfos

Postby cliffracer » Sat May 13, 2017 2:48 pm

"Yes, I've been keeping good track of everything."
The hand settles down once it is trapped in the cage, curling in to a fist. Every so often it turns itself using its thumb, but it seems... docile enough for the time being. The slime shifts forward and bumps in to Mesira, starting to seem curious about her.
"We should make sure to keep the sylvari away from it for now, just in case it's vegetarian."
"I wonder if it even understands us!"
"I wonder how susceptible it is to magic."
cliffracer

Postby Ocfos » Sat May 13, 2017 3:08 pm

Mesira doesn't seem to mind, instead trying to pet the slime to see how it reacts.
Ocfos

Postby cliffracer » Sat May 13, 2017 3:30 pm

The slime closes its eyes and smiles wider as it starts rocking side to side. It feels suprisingly pliant and stretchable, though it leaves a bit of a gooey film on Mesira's hand afterwards. Smells kinda sweet too, but Mesira gets the feeling that she probably shouldn't eat it.
"Gimme a sec, I should grab a hammer in case I need to smack things back through the portal a bit cleaner." Hunter salutes a little, stepping away from the group. She probably has some bank access express devices on her. It's hard to imagine people on that general tier NOT having them...
cliffracer

Postby Ocfos » Sat May 13, 2017 3:34 pm

"I'll need a sample tested of this material here. Smells nice, might make a good perfume if processed."
Mesira keeps petting the slime, kind of enjoying the feeling of it.
Ocfos

Postby cliffracer » Sat May 13, 2017 6:21 pm

Paxxi goes and grabs a substance scanner from the equipment bench hearing Mesira's request, sitting next to her once she's back. Yiva looks like she's gotten an idea and has run off to the larder.
"Go ahead and wipe some of that stuff on to the scanner's tongue, and I'll see what's in it."
"Could I have permission to do some cognitive tests on it? First for learning capability and direction following, then I may test some emotion-altering magic..."
Last edited by cliffracer on Sat May 13, 2017 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cliffracer

Postby Ocfos » Sat May 13, 2017 6:32 pm

"Lyalah, I know your emotion test ideas already, and I won't allow that until we know if it's even safe to keep here for an extended amount of time."

Mesira wipes her hand off on the scanner, looking away from the slime as she keeps crouched next to it.
Ocfos

Postby cliffracer » Sat May 13, 2017 6:48 pm

"Fine!~ Perhaps if we get a second subject, then." Lyalah giggles quietly, stepping back as she concedes to observe instead. She makes a couple of clones to hold up her staff and sits on it like a bench.

"Alright, let's see..." Paxxi hums softly as she starts the readings. Her expression grows suprised, then confused, then straight to neutral. "It's perfectly generic! That's not to say it is boring because it is most certainly NOT boring. It's got... just about a little of lots of stuff in it! There's nowhere near enough in just that film it's leaving, but if we had a... a solidified sample, we'd have something interesting to toy with!"

Yiva has returned with a small plate of food. A whole zucchini, a small steak, an apple, a lemon, and some chocolate. "Alright! I wanna see what it eats! Which first?"
The slime looks enthralled by the plate, it'd probably be drooling if it could.

"Recording."
Last edited by cliffracer on Sat May 13, 2017 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cliffracer

Postby Ocfos » Sat May 13, 2017 7:05 pm

Mesira reaches to grab the Zucchini.
"Giving it the Zucchini, I've never seen something enjoy that raw." She jests, holding it to the slime.
Ocfos

Postby cliffracer » Sat May 13, 2017 7:15 pm

The slime swallows it whole, partially getting Mesira's hand in its mouth, though it pulls away once it has the zucchini. There's a loud crunch, the slime compresses for a moment... and a pink crystal is ejected from its head.
Paxxi is speechless. Yiva is also speechless, but looks very happy. Lyalah is intrigued.
cliffracer

Postby Ocfos » Sat May 13, 2017 7:37 pm

Mesira falls on her ass in surprise over the crunch, reaching over to pick up the crystal.

"What in Maguuma's rotten asshole just happened? That was an incredibly swift process..."
Ocfos

PreviousNext

Return to Private Games