Mischief in Maguuma [Ocfos]

Forum for publicly viewable but closed-group role-playing.

Re: Mischief in Maguuma [Ocfos]

Postby cliffracer » Thu May 11, 2017 11:25 pm

Mesira figures that she could easily rig some small mirrors to serve as motion sensors. If something being reflected in them counted as "data", then an asuran data crystal could use the data, cross-reference it with data on the undead, and decide if the target is undead enough to be fired upon by the turrets. Plus, this'd mean she could have the motion sensors the turrets already have be switched on dynamically in case of emergencies.
Common Character: Hunter [x]. If we're in an RP/want to discuss an RP, I have a discord for casual contact. PM me about it.
cliffracer

Postby Ocfos » Thu May 11, 2017 11:49 pm

Mesira nods to herself, figuring she might have something to go work on as she waits for Hunter to show up.

She walks over to her personal quarters unless stopped, indicating for the C7-G0 to unload neatly in the storage as it's programmed to.
"If you need me, I'll be doing some rough drafts in my quarters."

Unless stopped along the way, she sits down and starts sketching some concepts for how she could tinker the crystals and mirrors to work in unison.
As a mesmer, she at least has a good idea how to, it'll just take her a bit to get everything sorted properly.
Ocfos

Postby cliffracer » Fri May 12, 2017 12:01 am

Mesira's krewe shout "Got it!" from their own stations, though she isn't bothered by any of them. Mesira gets about a full hour's worth of concept work and drafting done before the lab intercom pings and activates, signalling that someone or something is outside.
"Uhhh... hello? It's Sleiper, this little guy brought me here, but it can't let me in on its own or something? How do I get in, is there an obstacle course I missed...?"
Common Character: Hunter [x]. If we're in an RP/want to discuss an RP, I have a discord for casual contact. PM me about it.
cliffracer

Postby Ocfos » Fri May 12, 2017 12:12 am

"The obstacle course involves 1000 push-ups."

Mesira pauses for a few seconds.

"I'm kidding - Paxxi, can you open for her? Let me know when the preparations are close to done, I'm working on saving some resources."
Ocfos

Postby cliffracer » Fri May 12, 2017 12:18 am

"On it!"
"Actually, we're pretty much good to go on the main floor, Boss. Just need to let your friend unpack and we'll all be set."

Hunter is let in, loudly whistling as she takes in the sights. She's got a different feel about her when she's in her armor, appearing to prefer her own shining white plate armor to the dull Vigil getup. Strapped to her back is a greatsword, but on her hips she has a mace and a torch. Paxxi leads Hunter to her quarters, Lyalah having to intercept to explain the pirates... which she thankfully is open-minded about- even apparently finding it an interesting project. Mesira should have a bit to get in position at the portal controls.
cliffracer

Postby Ocfos » Fri May 12, 2017 12:22 am

"Noted, let me know when she's ready." She replies, going back to her work until she's notified.
Ocfos

Postby cliffracer » Fri May 12, 2017 12:25 am

Mesira gets about ten minutes of extra time, which lets her get what she thinks is a workable prototype for the sensor. Hunter knocks her gauntlet on the opening to Mesira's quarters.
"Hey, I'm all good. Lyalah let me know why there was two ladies tied up in my room, I'm gonna be letting them share my bed at night. They seemed fuckin' terrified of her, she a necromancer or something?"
cliffracer

Postby Ocfos » Fri May 12, 2017 12:37 am

Mesira turns in her seat, putting down her pen and rulers.
"No, she's actually a fellow Mesmer. Probably explains more than I could, doesn't it?" She grins. "Don't fret, she's a Magister of the Priory like myself, I've known her for years - She simply enjoys psychological stuff at times."
Ocfos

Postby cliffracer » Fri May 12, 2017 12:44 am

"Thaaat figures. You two seemed pretty close, so I was basically down with whatever plan she had for those two. I'm guessing that bigass portal you guys got is the experiment?"
She steps aside so Mesira can lead out.
"Just show me where I oughta stand."
cliffracer

Postby Ocfos » Fri May 12, 2017 12:58 am

Mesira jumps out of her seat, walking out the door where Hunter stepped aside for her, giving a polite nod as thanks.
"Yup. We needed you just in case something comes out of it, which we wouldn't want to come out of it."

Mesira leads Hunter to stand a little bit off from standing directly ahead of the portal, but about 30 feet away from the portal itself.
"This would probably the best place to stand, because we have no idea what'll be on the other side of the portal. We do have a little golemite to send in as a probe, just to survey the immediate environment for anything hostile, if something doesn't show itself the instant we open it."

Mesira explains, before walking over to her position at the control panel nearest the gate, but off to the side a little further from it than Hunter is.

"Everyone in position?" Mesira asks over the intercom from her setup.
Ocfos

Postby cliffracer » Fri May 12, 2017 1:12 am

Hunter hums and takes a look around from the designated spot, then takes out her greatsword to use it as a stand to lean on. Handily enough, that'd also probably be good against wind, too. "Got it."

The other three are at their own consoles, though Lyalah joins Mesira at the primary one and leans on her staff over it. "Ready to help process data."
"Temperature and magical radiation monitoring systems active."
"Prepared to combat destabilization in coordinate tracking."
"Good to go on the structural diagram, and I've got the repair force primed in case of physical malfunction!"
cliffracer

Postby Ocfos » Fri May 12, 2017 2:54 am

"Starting process, increasing energy flow."

Mesira enters the safety key, increasing the energy as stated. While slowly increasing the dial for energy, she looks up to observe the gate itself reacting to it.
Ocfos

Postby cliffracer » Fri May 12, 2017 3:10 am

Lyalah is watching the screens on the console carefully, but she doesn't have anything to say yet.
"Temperature remaining stable, magical radiation is lower than recorded standard for asura gate startup. Good sign, our design is power-efficient. We could submit our power schemata once this is said and done."

The gate itself is powering up as an asura gate should, and it should be ready to recieve coordinates soon. The asura gate leads not purely to known locations; rather, it opens a gate to a place that could exist at the coordinates. It tracks X Y Z, but has a fourth coordinate designated for possibility, with the current Tyria being "1". Based on reports of another possibility-tracking invention, the "Infinity Ball", the version of Tyria that many Steam Monstrosities invade through is considered to be "2" due to its observed proximity.
cliffracer

Postby Ocfos » Fri May 12, 2017 3:26 am

Mesira tries to change the fourth coordinate to "5", wanting to see the outcome of it. She keeps increasing the power steadily, soon nearing 100%.

"Destination set to 5. Coordinate suggestion?"
Ocfos

Postby cliffracer » Fri May 12, 2017 3:33 am

"A location near a civilized area that hasn't been terraformed would be ideal. Try north of the Eldvin Monestary. That's a very stable place that isn't prone to natural disaster."
"Yeah, I can vouch for that. The cliffs are stable around that spot, there's no supports to stop landslides on the north road."
"Oh! North of the Grove could be interesting. It could also be Mordrem territory in Reality 5."
cliffracer

Postby Ocfos » Fri May 12, 2017 3:44 am

"If the Mordrem ever existed in Reality 5." Mesira retorts, setting the coordinates to north of where she'd assume Eldvin Monastery would be.
"For all we know, this gate could lead us directly into the ground, and for all we know it could open on top of something."

"Could be interesting to see the outcome of THAT."
She mutters to herself.
Ocfos

Postby cliffracer » Fri May 12, 2017 4:00 am

Once the gate is fully powered, Mesira is able to enter the coordinates. It opens up facing the Monestary, though that is really a generous thing to say. The Monestary has been half-smashed by something and is overrun with humans made of metal, fighting off both centaurs and humans that are flying the White Mantle banner. The portal suprised a small group of the White Mantle attackers, who immediately look terrified of the asura on the other side, redoubling their charge towards the monestary just to get away.
"What the fuck? Why are centaurs and hu- White Mantle working togeth- What are they even FIGHTING?"
"Coordinates stable. Congratulations, everyone. We've made an asura gate that can bridge realities."
"This is still a 'nearby' version. I'd call it... relatively adjacent."

Lyalah is impressed. "Alright. Bad place to open the gate, war zones are inconvenient. You should close it, something's guaranteed to slip in..."
cliffracer

Postby Ocfos » Fri May 12, 2017 4:13 am

Mesira changes the gate coordinates to "27", upping the coordinate for height slightly.

"New destination; 27. Increasing height a few meters to prevent entries."
Ocfos

Postby cliffracer » Fri May 12, 2017 4:29 am

The image projected in the gate changes just as two of the metal humanoids dive for it. One of them loses a hand, which twitches and sparks on the floor as its owner's reality becomes very disconnected from its own.

Reality 27 opens up to this view, a large distance above a distinctly Not-Divinity's-Reach city.

"Magical radiation has spiked, but levels are not dangerous. The other side of this gate ap...pears to be the source. Possibility; large amounts of ambient magic not being consumed by Dragons escaping through to our world."
"Interesting how the geography and architecture are so different this time... Have we gone far enough that Tyria is no longer an anchor point for the possibilities?"
"So, we can confirm that negative to positive 5 will definately be Tyria, but... 27 is guaranteed not to be."
cliffracer

Postby Ocfos » Fri May 12, 2017 4:47 am

"Don't want to risk dragon minions getting attracted to the magic funnel, closing."

Mesira stares at the panel.

"Science time, let's try... 500."

She inputs such, eager to see just how far off THIS will be.
Ocfos

PreviousNext

Return to Private Games