Infiltration (Ocfos)

Forum for publicly viewable but closed-group role-playing.

Re: Infiltration (Ocfos)

Postby devilbird » Mon May 29, 2017 5:23 am

You await the obvious ambush, but nothing happens. You carefully walk over to the garbage and see that he is indeed missing. However, you now know his escape route. Under the bags is an open manhole. There is another explosion as a rocket of all things come blasting from the fighting at the wall. It hits on of the two buildings and knocks you to the ground. Fortunately, the trash bags help soak up some of the impact. The bad news is that there is now a bunch of rubble blocking the alley.
devilbird

Postby Ocfos » Mon May 29, 2017 6:46 am

Nellie feels like she'd be going right into an ambush if she went down there, but she did already have the thought of going into the sewers to get through. She picks up one of the bricks from the rubble, prepared to use it as a weapon if she needs to. She tries to listen for anything coming from down in the manhole, such as steps or voices.
Ocfos

Postby devilbird » Sun Jun 04, 2017 3:01 pm

They are faint and growing fainter, but you can heat the splash of wet footsteps running in the sewage. From up here it is impossible to tell which direction tbe sound is coming from. Furthermore, there are sounds of some commotion going on down there. Possibly a fight. Your brick won't do much against a gun, but you might be able to take people out quietly if you sneak well enough. Still, something big is going on.
devilbird

Postby Ocfos » Sun Jun 04, 2017 8:16 pm

Nellie isn't too sure about risking it, as she isn't even sure her delivery would make it if it got wet. She decides to veer on the side of caution, entering her goo form before sliding in and trying to stick to the ceiling in there - that's at least one trick she has over other couriers.
Ocfos

Postby devilbird » Mon Jun 05, 2017 4:58 am

Your gooey form proves to be a huge advantage. It allows you to move around on the roof of the sewer, avoiding most if not all of the fresh filth. You are also able to move relatively quickly, and without much noise. Were it not for your neon pink color, you would be almost impossible to find. Still, if you play your cards right, you may be able to sneak up on that pervert from before.

Now that you are actually in the sewer, you have an easier time telling which way the man has run. He is heading north, towards the dark district. You soon learn what that commotion that you heard was. It seems the guards weren't stupid, and had several patrols down here as well. When the fighting broke out topside, it put the ones down here on high alert. Even so, it seems like they weren't ready enough for your horny friend. He must have done something to them, because all that you can find of them are empty clothes. The people and the weapons are all missing.
devilbird

Postby Ocfos » Mon Jun 05, 2017 2:12 pm

Staring at the piles, Nellie's intrigue grows.
How the hell?? He cut have pulled that shit off in like 20 seconds, where the fuck did he go?? She thinks, trying to creep further down the path to see what exactly is ahead.

I can't believe I'm actually going into this depraved district... I'm going to regret it, even if I end up on the street without it, I'm sure.

Shes thankful she at least has the freedom to go places that guy probably cannot, unless he turns out to be an alien as well.
Ocfos

Postby devilbird » Mon Jun 05, 2017 4:15 pm

Worry sets in as you think about what awaits you in the dark district. Just about anything is fair game there. Murder, rape, human trafficking are just a few examples. And the guy you are following is quickly proving to be dangerous. Before you can dwell on that more thoroughly, you see a light at the end of the tunnel. An open manhole cover that he likely escaped through just moments before. Could this be your entrance into the dark district? You hear the splashing of footsteps coming up behind you. Probably one of the few armed guards that the man with the mohawk didn't take out. That doesn't bode well for you. You aren't supposed to be down here, and they deal with extremely dangerous people on a daily basis. You will get shot if one finds you.
devilbird

Postby Ocfos » Tue Jun 06, 2017 6:33 am

Nellie stops moving, sitting completely still along the tunnel roof. She's hoping that she might get a chance to 'ambush' the person coming below, as she figures a guard would definitely be packing heat, and she could use something to defend herself with.

Don't look up. Don't look up. Don't look up... It's just pink debris, don't mind me... She repeats in her head, waiting anxiously for the unknown person to arrive.
Ocfos

Postby devilbird » Tue Jun 06, 2017 4:12 pm

If they had been paying attention, it might not have been tough to spot a large pink figure on the ceiling. Fortunately, the guard was more focused on the piles of her comrades' clothes on the ground. He passes below you and couched down to inspect them. He is completely distracted.
devilbird

Postby Ocfos » Tue Jun 06, 2017 5:17 pm

Nellie lets go of the ceiling, aiming for the head of the soldier.
"I'm not a bad person, but I'm going to need to lend your gun to chase down who did this to your colleagues." Nellie says (if she connects), as she tries to blind the soldier with her form.
"Please don't shoot me, I am actually unarmed, and law-abiding...usually...I only plan to gun down this criminal I've been chasing down here." She tries to reason, having little hope it's actually going to work, and having a slight feeling she'll have to use a tiny dose of her venom to get her wish.
Ocfos

Postby devilbird » Tue Jun 06, 2017 5:51 pm

The guard takes little comfort in the words of the goop monster that just landed on their head. He shrieks in panic and claws unsuccessfully at you. He can't really shoot at you either, since you are covering their head. All he can really do is run around in a panic with his arms flailing though the air like a muppet. After running a few laps in circles, he he stumbles on the pile of clothes he was inspecting, trips, and collapses face first into the sewage. He is knocked out, probably concussed, and will probably need to be moved so he doesn't drown. That said, you took out a police officer and didn't get anything worse than covered in sewage.
devilbird

Postby Ocfos » Tue Jun 06, 2017 6:57 pm

Nellie reforms on their back, starting to drag him onto the safe ground, as well as trying to hide him out of sight, alongside the clothes.

She rifles through his belongings, figuring there's at least a radio on him.
"Hey, there's two missing soldiers down here in the sewers, and one unconscious. I'm lending the unconscious one's rifle to try and track them down and bring them to safety. I know what I'm doing, I'm a courier with rifle and pistol training." She pauses, waiting for a reply, if she gets any.
Ocfos

Postby devilbird » Tue Jun 06, 2017 8:07 pm

"What?! Who is this?" asks a male voice on the other end, "You shouldn't be down there. And what's this about unconscious and missing personnel? Who ever you are, you are in a lot of trouble. You should stay put and let us sort things out. If someone is down there besides you, we can't risk a civilian like you getting hurt."

As the police officer babbles, you examine the gun of the guy you just knocked out. There are actually a few weapons on his person. The first is an assault rifle that's laying on the ground next to him. Examining more closely, you see he also has a side arm in a holster. Finally, there is a sheathed combat knife on his belt next to the radio. You could probably take everything thing as this guy won't need them anymore. Even the radio could come in handy for communication to the outside world, or even keeping aware of police movements as you enter into the dark district. You aren't sure what's going on, but it quickly turned into a warzone topside.
devilbird

Postby Ocfos » Wed Jun 07, 2017 1:30 am

"Yeah, listen. I found them like this, I've dragged him off to the side so he doesn't get killed. The two others only left piles of clothes here, but I literally saw a person run this way half a minute ago. Trouble or not, I'm going after them to try and save them. Legal courier out." She says, dropping the radio on his person again, as she takes all the weapons with their belts and such to keep them handy.

She then starts chasing after again, wanting to see if she can't get back up to her relatively safe roof escapades in her goo form.
Ocfos

Postby devilbird » Thu Jun 15, 2017 8:30 pm

The last thing you hear from the radio before you drop it is the man exclaiming that claiming you are doing something legal, while in the middle of doing something illegal, doesn't make it legal. After that, you tune him out as you rummage through the weapons of the unconscious police officer. You then then change back to your goo form and get ready to continue your pursuit. It is a relatively short lived trip to the dark district from here, as the manhole the culprit escaped from was still in sight.
devilbird

Postby Ocfos » Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:11 pm

As soon as Nellie is at the manhole, she slithers herself partially out to check if the coast is clear.

She does figure she'll at the least get a pardon of some sort if she saves the two guards - whereever the person took them.
Ocfos

Postby devilbird » Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:55 pm

You cautiously look out into the area, but are unnerved to find that you can't see much from this angle. Worse is some debris blocks your view. You are aware that this could lead to an easy ambush, but you also don't have much choice if you want to follow your lead. From what little you can tell, the manhole opened up into a wide street. The debris probably came from one of those explosions earlier. It feels like a war has broken out between the police/military and some of the most insane and depraved criminals the world has ever seen.

Some motion catches your eye, and you see the pink haired man running away from you and towards a twisted looking building. The building sits underneath an equally depraved and menacing looking sign with a naked woman on it. The woman in the picture has been bound by chains and is being violently fucked by a man in a grinning cat mask. Her mind seems broken as her eyes roll back into her head. And her mouth forms a creepy and artificial looking laugh. The sign reads, in an attempt at dark humor you suppose, "Welcome to Wonderland."
devilbird

Postby Ocfos » Thu Jun 29, 2017 11:29 pm

"Oh damn it..." Nellie mumbles to herself as she reforms, trying to look for anything that can give her an idea of where the address she's looking for. She doesn't take more than a few seconds before she ducks into hiding, not wanting to risk being spotted herself.

While looking for address hints, Nellie also tries to see if she can't find a way to get into the building the guy ran into - Just not the front door.
Ocfos

Postby devilbird » Thu Jul 13, 2017 5:42 pm

With the exception of the debris, which admittedly was fairly large, you would have no immediate cover once you left the manhole. At least, as far as you could tell. The debris severely blocks your vision in most directions. You are probably lucky that none of wreckage actually landed on the manhole, otherwise you would have been trapped in that sewer. The only openings you can see are a clearing heading towards the creepy building, a path toward the wall, where there is still fighting going on, and while it's blocked off from here, you can see through the rubble to see there is another alley you could take cover in. Any direction you go, however, will leave you exposed for at least a few precious moments. You thank the unconscious policeman for his weapons, and curse your employers for not providing anything in the first place.

It seems you have three options, not including hiding in this manhole forever. A frontal assault on the creepy building, ducking into the alley to hide and plan, or heading to the wall to try and get help. That is assuming the police don't just shoot you for being on this side of the wall at all.
devilbird

Postby Ocfos » Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:08 pm

Seeing the creepy building, Nellie ducks into the alley to the side. She figures it'd be better to plan, rather than being caught in less than 5 seconds.

The police have shown to be surprisingly little help, even though she's always been law-abiding... At least until five minutes ago.
She figures they'd definitely shoot first and never ask questions, even though she's trying to help their colleagues aside her job right now.
Ocfos

PreviousNext

Return to Private Games