On Wings Of Death(TheUnknown)

Forum for publicly viewable but closed-group role-playing.

On Wings Of Death(TheUnknown)

Postby MelissaB » Thu Dec 22, 2016 7:12 pm

CS:
Spoiler (click to show/hide):

Name: Grugoris
Bio: Grugoris was the child of one of the last original intelligent deathclaws that the Enclave had created. Due to having been mothered by a normal deathclaw he only received a fraction of the former's intelligence. Though with enough of a mind about him Grugoris wanders the wasteland watching civilization slowly return and hoping to one day find acceptance among the people of the wasteland.
Appearance: https://staticdelivery.nexusmods.com/mo ... 189152.jpg
15 to spend (+4 str and endurance +2 agility raises cap beyond ten)
Stats -
Strength:7
Perception:5
Endurance:5
Charisma: 5
Intelligence: 5
Agility:5
Luck:5

HP: 47
DR: 10
AC: 15
HtH Dam: 13

Traits: Sharp Claws- having the sharp claws of a deathclaw it is easier for Grugoris to deal lethal blows to exposed or lightly armored enemies with his claws (claws could get caught, break, or chipped, possibly adding minuses to certain checks)
Hunter Senses- being a deathclaw Grugoris has an easier time hunting for wounded prey or foes using his animal instincts. (downside can be if used for too long he risk suffering a temporary minus to intelligence, but could possibly gain others buffs the deeper he goes into his animal nature)

It's been a long road to finding a place you can be accepted and even here that acceptance is minimal, The den home to any lowlife and drug addict as well as slavers left little room to judge a death claw that wasn't rampaging and tearing it's way through the streets, besides the more intelligent of those denizens decided that a deathclaw willing to speak rather than kill them was something no to look in the mouth, either you were buying your time or weren't there to kill them either way you had reached an understanding with Mom, she'd feed you if you kept the patrons from smashing the place up, an understanding you both shared and it made it feel a little like home but the cautious glances and fingers tapping the triggers of their guns still made you well aware you were an angry look away from scaring someone into doing something stupid.

It's mid day and you're tucking into some brahmin meat when a new group of people likely looking to settle themselves down and establish themselves along the others as not to be fucked with had clearly heard of who you were and step into Mom's dinner, everything is quiet and they are well armed, clearly here for a purpose as they scan the room, the leader most likely a man by the looks of him scarred face and holding an assault rifle in his hands as he asks what's the special for today, he clearly notices you but doesn't act on it yet, instead looks around at his crew of six and nods a little to them, each move around the bar as if getting ready, by their positioning it's clear they are circling you while keeping as much distance from you as possible. Mom meanwhile si giving you a nervous look, whatever the man had said to her in a whisper had her frightened and she is slowly backing away into the room behind the bar top as if to get out of the way, everyone else in the bar is either doing the same but to the exit or getting lower and lower to the ground.
A succubus. Poor misunderstood young ladies... they just want a little bit of love, little bit of death. Just like the rest of us -Gnarl

"Beware the Users of "Yo" I've got a big hammer to hit you with upon it's use" - Mel
MelissaB

Re: On Wings Of Death(TheUnknown)

Postby TheUnknown » Thu Dec 22, 2016 8:33 pm

I see that the men obviously mean trouble and start to scan the room looking to: see how well armed they all were, if they had any armor, if there were any ways out of the den conventional or waiting to be made, and finally a look at their faces seeing who really felt like six people could take on a deathclaw at such a close distance in a small room. Adding a few more dead names to the list would hopefully help scare off other big shots in the future.
TheUnknown

Postby MelissaB » Thu Dec 22, 2016 8:46 pm

The men notice you looking but continue to only pay you a passing glance, still pretending they aren't here for anything other than to eat at least as far as you are concerned. Looking around there was a window or two and the doorway as far as getting outside went, as for their armor all but one were wearing leather, the leader wearing metal plates strapped over him and their weapons, rifles, a shotgun and the assault rifles were you only concerns still that was six shooting at one with close ranged weapons, even if you didn't get taken down it's clear they'd leave a fair few marks on you before they went down, still the silence grows and the anticipation is clearly getting to a few of the six as they lie in wait, as if expecting you or their leader to make a move to start this off but the leader doesn't do anything, he's clearly watching, his gun waiting for you to move, still hunched over the table like you wear the fresh meat resting before you, if you wanted to be the one to kick it off then sure but if they even slow you down who knows who else will be next to take a shot at you, ever since you arrived here people have been less chaotic and less prone to violence in your presence in fear of how you'd react, you were an unknown upsetting the balance and this guys were after you it was certain by the way they entered this place.

Suddenly it happens, slowly at first one of them, the one wielding the shotgun seems to lose their call enough they draw their gun and fire at you, missing as the blast goes past your head and instantly everything springs into action.
A succubus. Poor misunderstood young ladies... they just want a little bit of love, little bit of death. Just like the rest of us -Gnarl

"Beware the Users of "Yo" I've got a big hammer to hit you with upon it's use" - Mel
MelissaB

Postby TheUnknown » Thu Dec 22, 2016 8:58 pm

I spring into action as the shot narrowly misses me. Letting out a fearsome roar I hope to stun them for a few moments before flipping of the nearby tables towards them to try and give me some cover before serpenting my way towards them. I send a thrust at the shotgun wielding man, aiming for his stomach and whip my tail about hoping to knock some of them about. If I manage to take out the shotgun man, or recover from missing, I charge into the boss hoping to tear a chunk out of him and scare some of the others.
TheUnknown

Postby MelissaB » Thu Dec 22, 2016 10:05 pm

(Attack vs shotgun grunt =18+7=hit 13 damage)
(group return fire
(1, 1, 2, 5 8 +4= all missed)

Rushing forth you manage to dig your claws into them the table flying towards them helping cover you as you charge, bullets flying past you or hitting the flying furniture as you slash at the one wielding the shotgun, cutting them off as they cry in pain, clearly not dead yet but nearly there by the pale look on their face as blood drains from them quickly. Th rest soon recover and are taking aim once more to try and bring you down seemingly writing their companion off as they continue to open fire at you, screams of those still in Mom's diner echoing around along with the gunfire as they try to escape the area of the fight, eager to get out of the way of this chaos as quickly as they can, knocking each other over in a fearful fit to get away.

MelissaB

Postby TheUnknown » Thu Dec 22, 2016 10:17 pm

I give another tail swipe to stall the side which had three men on it wanting to finish off two of them with claw slashes or bites before taking on the last three if they still had the will to fight. I also try to be mindful of the citizens hoping to not hit any of them with my long swipes or swinging tail. The last thing I needed was to give the citizens a reason to help these goons.
TheUnknown

Postby MelissaB » Thu Dec 22, 2016 10:30 pm

(roll 13+9=22 hit 13 damage)
(roll 8+7=15 miss)
(grunt fire 14, 13, 8, 8 +4= two hits 0 dam.
(leader fires 15+5=20 hits 3 damage 44 Hp left)
You finish off the wounded shotgun wielder before moving around to slash at the other with your tail. however they duck the swipe and train their guns on you, now without the chaos of a flying table you're much more likely to get hit however your hide will be able to take it without too much trouble. Two of them still miss clearly unused to seeing a raging deathclaw while two of them hit but the bullets just bounce off of your hide, barely even felt before the leader unleashes a burst, sending it your way, the bullets hit but it's nothing major your hide taking away most of the impact as you begin to bleed if barely, 1 down, 5 to go but it's clear as they bullets bounce or don't even seem to phase you that their morale is breaking.

MelissaB

Postby TheUnknown » Thu Dec 22, 2016 10:38 pm

I fling the corpse of the shotgunner at them and make a move for the leader. He had the next best weapon and killing him might break some of their will. I feint a swipe hoping to leave him exposed for an upward thrust to impale him on my claws. The sight of a man impaled on a deathclaw's claws always did seem to scare most. Would give me a better idea of just how tough this lot really was.
TheUnknown

Postby MelissaB » Thu Dec 22, 2016 10:44 pm

(attack 18=7=25 hit, 8 damage leader injured)
(grunts fire two hit no damage)
(leader misses 4+4=8 miss)
Bullets echo around you and the leader seeing you coming unloads firing a burst of bullets at you that just seem to whiz past and do nothing but anger you the rest also unable to hit or harm you as they keep firing, the diner sounding more like a battle ground as you cleave into the leader, he backsteps managing to avoid being impaled but you do bite into his body his metal armor helping him somewhat as it stops your claws from going in as deep as they should. still he was wounded and was trying to leap over the counter top to get something between you and him.

MelissaB

Postby TheUnknown » Thu Dec 22, 2016 10:49 pm

I try to grab him and fling him at his comrades hoping to either phase or knock them down as well as possibly get him shot by his own men. After that I go after his men trying to take them out one by one with fierce swipes and bites. I could only imagine what the town would think of me after this whole fiasco simmered down.
TheUnknown

Postby MelissaB » Thu Dec 22, 2016 11:06 pm

(11+9=20 hit 10 damage.)
(grunts fire 1 hit 0 dam)
(leader fires hits 0 damage)
you dig your claws into him as he tries to escape and throw him across the bar, he lands hard but clearly still has some fight in him, more bullets hitting but doing nothing to bring you down as you rush towards them, two of them however break and run for it, fleeing the diner as you race across the room, trying to get the hell away from this idea and you, clearly likely to jump town less they see you again leaving just three one, the injured leader and two of the braver grunts.

(leader fires crit miss gun jammed
(grunts miss)
(you crit miss)

As you rush towards them to finish the job you misstep landing on a piece of broken furniture that rolls under your foot and causes you to fall to the ground with a loud wood breaking wood as you crash through a table. slowly picking yourself up you see the leader curses and trying to reload as his gun appears to of jammed on him leaving the other two ready to fire once again as you make your way towards them, a little slower this time to avoid the same thing happening again.

MelissaB

Postby TheUnknown » Thu Dec 22, 2016 11:15 pm

I throw up any bits of furniture near me that I can hoping to distract them and give me some more cover for another rush. Before rushing them I let out another roar hoping to further phase them and give myself more time to close the distance for the kills. I serpentine forward trying to finish them off with quick claw swips and blunt hits from my paw itself.
TheUnknown

Postby MelissaB » Thu Dec 22, 2016 11:37 pm

(leader roll hits 1 damage)
(grunts two hits 1 damage 42 Hp left)
(your attack on leader 16+9= hit 10 damage dead)

you get hit once or twice thorugh the hail of wood and bits of furniture you toss up in the way strking you almost pathetically as you rush towards the leader your claws coming in deep and cutting him down as his guts spill out and pour out onto the floor, falling over dead while his companions give eachother a look and run for it, trying to get the hell away from you before you can kill them too.

(attack 18+7= hit 13 damage)

You mange to swipe one along the back sending them to the floor before you lean down and finish him off without difficulty, his companion leaving him to die as he flees, dropping his gun in the process as well.

Looking around you count three dead but Mom is going to be pissed, you practically destroyed her entire diner by throwing furniture everywhere, the exactly opposite on what you were doing there, favoring yourself over your relationship with mom it's clear she's going to be pissed and you'll be having somewhere else now that you've caused this mess, it'll be even harder to talk out of it when you consider it is clearly not bullets that was the cause of this place looking like it was. mom however still hasn't come out of the backroom staying inside as you are left alone in the diner.

MelissaB

Postby TheUnknown » Thu Dec 22, 2016 11:43 pm

I make my way to the backroom to let her know that everything had been taken care of. "You in there? Place is a mess, but those goons are gone. Could probably pay for replacement with whatever gear they dropped and I could hunt some more fresh meat for you to sell. I promise I won't take a chunk out of it like I did last time. Though to be fair I was starving" I say only imaging how pissed she would be whenever she saw the place. I could only wonder if I could have talked them down. They shot first, but still maybe they would have listened.
TheUnknown

Postby MelissaB » Thu Dec 22, 2016 11:50 pm

Mom nods and comes out her face turning from relief into shock within an instant. "What the fuck my diner?!" She screams before looking at you for a moment briefly forgetting you were a deathclaw. "You trashed my diner you fucking idiot, what did having huge claws and teeth not be good enough you had to trash this place as well?" she asks hissing at you in anger before looking down and shaking her head, visibly trembling before nodding. "No, forget it I'll take what every they have on them and sell it to replace everything, you i can't have you here anymore Grug, not if this is how my place is going to look every time someone gets drunk and thinks to tangle with you. one or two pieces sure but the entire diner? what did you hit thme with it or something?" She asks her tone making her speak down to you before she finally sighs and rests against a wall. "Grug I like you, deathclaw and all but this... I can't have this mess, I knew someone would get dumb and think to mess with you but you smashed the whole place up, look at that table why is it on the other side of the fucking room." She whines before holding her face in her hands. "Sorry Grug but you're nice and all but not the best bouncer if my place works worse for you taking out the trash."

MelissaB

Postby TheUnknown » Fri Dec 23, 2016 12:05 am

I hang my head lowly I knew the damage to the place would be bad, but I didn't expect it to be this bad. "I understand Mom, I need to know though what did they tell you? I saw them tell you something before one of them got the smart idea to take a pot shot at me" I say curious what had concerned her so much then. I had seen her mad before, but not like this. She was one of the few people in town who didn't flinch whenever they saw me coming. I could tell that my welcome, or what was left of it, had pretty much run its course in this town. No telling where I might have to go next to find some peace.
TheUnknown

Postby MelissaB » Fri Dec 23, 2016 7:34 pm

Mom sighs before nodding slowly. "Said I better get clear if I didn't want to get killed as an example for befriending freaks like you." She comments softly before looking around her diner. "You are always welcome Grug just not as a bouncer but ever need a meal I'll happily get you something cooked up but right now I need a bit of peace and if that guy was only the start then I doubt I'm going to get that with you hanging around so often. might be a good idea to find out who sent them though." She offers you trying to be helpful now that her initial shock has worn off.

MelissaB

Postby TheUnknown » Fri Dec 23, 2016 7:38 pm

"Thanks mom, know anyone in town who might have any idea? I could hunt some meat for you while you probed around if you wanted. Would at least he'll to pay you back for the loss in hide and meat. Maybe some Yao guai or big horn meat might fetch you some high money" I say seeing what idea she might have about a lead while also trying to smooth things over with her. At this rate I'd be better off being a hunter for the town being the wastelands perfect killing machine.
TheUnknown

Postby MelissaB » Fri Dec 23, 2016 8:29 pm

Shrugging at your question she looks around and sighs. "maybe Lara or the slavers you being around is most likely to hurt the slavers and while their paying Lara and her crew she might of had to of been the one that had to hire them, who knows Grug." She shrugs a little before nodding a little at your idea. "Using you to go hunt meat while possibly effective still seems like a waste of talent, you're in the wrong place anyway grug, gangs and drug addicts you're never going to get any peace, first gang to take you down is going to get so much influence it'll destroy The Den." She comments bitterly before shaking her head. "i had hoped you being around would stop it but it just seems like they are up the anti."

MelissaB

Postby TheUnknown » Fri Dec 23, 2016 8:52 pm

"Guess I'll go pay Lara a visit then. Let me know if you need anything mom" I say before looking to try and find my cloak. It was rather useful in my travels hiding my true form from humans and anyone else who might try to take on a deathclaw. It also helped with shock and awe when it was needed. I hadn't recalled much of Lara though I had seen some of her slavers in the place before. No telling what involvement or info she might have. The cost would certainly be high less she really was scared by a deathclaw.
TheUnknown

Next

Return to Private Games