Pride & Predudice: Lydia's misfortune[C-war]

Forum for publicly viewable but closed-group role-playing.

Re: Pride & Predudice: Lydia's misfortune[C-war]

Postby sogekik » Fri Dec 09, 2016 2:36 pm

She nods " well that's kind of up to you, I charge about £10 for a hand job and upwards from there for everything else " she says pausing to think " about £50 for my puss usually, "
sogekik

Postby c-war » Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:09 am

"Well, then I guess I gave my first customer a really good deal," I reply sheepishly. "Though he made me feel so good, I almost didn't mind only getting 10."
It can be so hard to keep track of dice... http://www.wizards.com/dnd/dice/dice.htm

Don't piss off your Healer. They can bash you within an inch of your life, heal you, and do it all over again.
c-war

Postby sogekik » Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:59 am

Shw nods with a smile " as I said, it's all up to you dear, and who you want using you. What's next?" She asks
(I've since realised that my prices are quite high in this, at the time I think it would be about a sixpence, or maybe a guinea ( I don't understand old English currency) but we'll stick with it,)
sogekik

Postby c-war » Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:23 pm

(Yeah, I'm not sure either, but I know that a pound at that time is worth a lot more than either the pound or the dollar today. Lydia gets 100 pounds per year from her father as part of the wedding settlement, and her father mentions when it comes up: "considering what I'll be saving on Lydia's board and pocket allowance, I'm scarcely 10 pounds a year worse off." For a land owner, pounds aren't much, but for the working class they are. 50 pounds would probably be about what a footman would earn in a year working at a good household, if not even more. But I can't remember the values of the lesser currency, either, so let's just stick with this.)

I think for a moment. "Um, how do I find customers? Especially good customers," I add, smiling at the memory of my first.
It can be so hard to keep track of dice... http://www.wizards.com/dnd/dice/dice.htm

Don't piss off your Healer. They can bash you within an inch of your life, heal you, and do it all over again.
c-war

Postby sogekik » Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:14 pm

(yeah, old English currency perplexes me as a modern British teenager especially, there are too many coins XD,)
" well, there are a few ways of doing that, working in a brothel is an obvious way, but if you find someone willing to share some clients then that works too" she tells you " or find clients for you,"
sogekik

Postby c-war » Sat Jan 21, 2017 1:51 am

(I'm American, so I'm even further removed. I know it's something like the system in Harry Potter, meaning irregular transitions between coins.)
"Share?" I ask, a little confused. "Oh! You mean like both of us with him at the same time? I did that a couple of times with my sister and the militia officers that were staying in our town."

c-war

Postby sogekik » Sat Jan 21, 2017 8:55 pm

( I think that's probably where the inspiration came from in harry potter. modern English currency is: 1 pence, 2p, 5p, 10p,20p, 50p, £1, £2, (notes from here:)£5, £10,£20, £50(the maximum you'll get as a note, very unusual to see one though), it's a sensible progression I feel. old English worked in a metric and imperial fashion so you had, variants at 12 and 6 as well I think, and some even weirder units)
" that is an option, but I meant more like, recommending you to my existing clientele" she explains,
sogekik

Postby c-war » Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:46 pm

(Ok. US is 1 cent, 5, 10, 25, 50 (rare, no longer minted), and $1, and then bills for $1, $2 (also pretty rare), $5, $10, $20, $50, and $100. $20 bills are the most common larger bill, since they're what ATMs dispense. Just in case you were curious. Kinda fun having this other barely-related conversation. ;) )
"Oh," I reply, blushing a little. "Would you really do that? Doesn't that mean less business for you?"

c-war

Postby sogekik » Tue Jan 24, 2017 1:05 am

(Yeah, £2 coins are a little odd too, still fairly common though, and £10 and £20 note are most common, £5s are great we've just had a new set minted, and they have tallow in so I can irritate my vegan friends with them.
Also: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coins_o ... al_coinage)

She shrugs "I have plenty of business, and I'd take a cut of your profits " she tells you
sogekik

Postby c-war » Tue Jan 24, 2017 1:17 am

"Ah," I reply, nodding my head. "So, if you did that for me, I'd kind of work for you. Makes sense." I barely stop myself from looking around. If she really has that much business, couldn't one of them come over at any moment? Though it was probably the wrong time of day. "I imagine that you're busiest at night," I observe casually. "Since most customers will be working themselves during the day."

c-war

Postby sogekik » Tue Jan 24, 2017 5:04 pm

she nods " that is correct, most of the better gentlemen are working right now," she tells you "they tend to come out in the evenings though
sogekik

Postby c-war » Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:15 pm

"Good thing I'm already used to late nights," I say with a smile. "So, what do you usually do during these dead times? Just wait around and see if you can hook one of the few men who are out right now?" As I talk, I glance along her body. The woman is very attractive, that's why I first chose to talk to her. I can't help but wonder if she'd be interested in entertaining each other for a while until business actually gets going.

c-war

Postby sogekik » Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:48 pm

she shrugs " I was on my way to shop, normally I'll enjoy the wealth I've accumulated" she tells you
sogekik

Postby c-war » Sat Jan 28, 2017 12:54 am

"Ah, that makes sense." I think for a moment. "Maybe I should do the same. I bet I'll get better customers if I have a nicer dress, and I'm sure that I can get something nicer with my 10 pounds I just earned." My current dress was wearing out and last year's style, so it shouldn't be too hard to do better than that.

c-war

Postby sogekik » Sat Jan 28, 2017 11:21 pm

she nods " I would say that is a good idea" she agrees, " however..." she reaches into her purse, and pulls out a bank note, " this will get you something nicer, we'll call it an investment" she tells you as she hands it to you
sogekik

Postby c-war » Tue Jan 31, 2017 2:03 am

My eyes light up at the gift. "Thank you!" I reply happily. "Consider me yours to command. Oh, uh, I never got your name. What should I call you?"

c-war

Postby sogekik » Tue Jan 31, 2017 4:02 am

" Elizabeth, but most of my clients call me Beth or betty" she tells you
sogekik

Postby c-war » Thu Mar 16, 2017 12:34 am

I cringe a little. "Elizabeth is my sister's name, so I'll call you Beth." I then smile brightly. "Lead the way!"

c-war

Postby sogekik » Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:13 am

she giggles, " I see, well that's fine, so lets go get you some clothes" she smiles
sogekik

Postby c-war » Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:17 am

We are very fortunate in our shopping trip that the dressmaker that we visit actually has one dress that is almost perfect for me, that only takes a few minutes of alteration to fit to my frame. And it is absolutely stunning. It clings to my bust deliciously, exposing the perfect amount of it above and tightening below to push them up just a little. The cut and color are deliciously scandalous, and I can't help but imagine how I would draw every eye if I were to wear it to an assembly back home. We also order me a few other dresses that will take a few days to make.

"Thank you, Beth," I say to my new friend as we walk out, me wearing my new dress. "I feel so attractive in this. Like I could get an entire regiment to do my bidding just by wearing this."

c-war

PreviousNext

Return to Private Games